PDA

View Full Version : Got to give Lebby some love

Coach34
12-20-2023, 09:47 PM
He came in and has busted his ass Crootin. He is the best Crooter since Jackie. He embraces it. He knows it is the future. He has a great plan and is rolling

MabenMaroon
12-20-2023, 10:02 PM
This ^^^

Bdawg
12-20-2023, 10:08 PM
Hope he can make some headlines this spring!! I think he has done about as good as he could given the circumstances. Just get Stonka and Hill.

Bothrops
12-20-2023, 10:52 PM
He's had to have boundless energy to get this class together with the portal guys. Great job getting Akharaiyi away from Freeze!

HoopsDawg
12-20-2023, 11:53 PM
He's made the best of a very tough situation. Croom had Mullen's first class set up for him.

Coursesuper
12-21-2023, 08:55 AM
He came in and has busted his ass Crootin. He is the best Crooter since Jackie. He embraces it. He knows it is the future. He has a great plan and is rolling

Having a real plan and knowing how to implement that is huge. Hopefully this carries through for the future.

viverlibre
12-21-2023, 09:09 AM
Concur, hopefully we all get on board and start pulling in the same direction like our brethren to the north. We have to ditch the negativity and constant criticism.

StarkVegasSteve
12-21-2023, 09:13 AM
This is a guy that had an inside look of how Kiffin built OM to where they are and how quickly he was able to do it. Make no mistake, they do not like what we have going on. If Lebby would have been the hire last offseason our recruiting would look miles different. And he did a hell of a job with the little time he had.

Todd4State
12-21-2023, 09:30 AM
This is a guy that had an inside look of how Kiffin built OM to where they are and how quickly he was able to do it. Make no mistake, they do not like what we have going on. If Lebby would have been the hire last offseason our recruiting would look miles different. And he did a hell of a job with the little time he had.

Hutzler was at Ole Miss with them too.

And it looks like our OL coach is the 180* opposite of Hevesy when it comes to recruiting o-linemen.

Add in Bumphis and Turner (I know) and it's a really good recruiting staff.

C&DDAWG32
12-21-2023, 10:16 AM
I'm excited about it. Ready to see how it all shakes out. Any of ya'll going to the spring game?

GoDawgz
12-21-2023, 10:49 AM

This right here. Lame knows Leb has the blue print and is probably better at the execution of the plan.
Time will tell but you have to like the quick start.

Coursesuper
12-21-2023, 10:57 AM
We have 30 new faces on the roster so far with potential for 3 more very soon. How many more will we add to that?

BankerDog
12-21-2023, 11:01 AM
Hutzler was at Ole Miss with them too.

And it looks like our OL coach is the 180* opposite of Hevesy when it comes to recruiting o-linemen.

Add in Bumphis and Turner (I know) and it's a really good recruiting staff.

Your hatred of Hevesy is laughable. He was the best the OL coach we have ever hard and you truly despise the guy. It?s crazy. Was he too tough on your MC boy Desper?

confucius say
12-21-2023, 11:02 AM

Maybe that's why lane had the pointed comment at us and lebby yesterday when he said the two programs are going different directions. Reminiscent of Nutt's comment in 2009.

Offshore Dawg
12-21-2023, 11:07 AM
Your hatred of Hevesy is laughable. He was the best the OL coach we have ever hard and you truly despise the guy. It?s crazy. Was he too tough on your MC boy Desper?

It was stated here many times that Hevesy was a good coach but didn't like to recruit.

basedog
12-21-2023, 11:12 AM
It was stated here many times that Hevesy was a good coach but didn't like to recruit.

I think most coaches don't like recruiting, but many can play the game. I think having good off the field coaches really help or can help with recruiting.

TheLostDawg
12-21-2023, 11:12 AM

Don't forget Selmon making the decision during the season so we were even able to do this

TheLostDawg
12-21-2023, 11:18 AM
I think most coaches don't like recruiting, but many can play the game. I think having good off the field coaches really help or can help with recruiting.

Right. He must be forgetting that we had to charge Rufus Warren from TE to lineman because of Hevesy's recruiting. Yeah he was a great line coach but look what he could have done if he'd have gotten some better athletes. Just like Mullen if he'd have recruited and built on his success. There is no telling where we could have been especially with old miss going through all their scandals

StarkVegasSteve
12-21-2023, 11:32 AM

It was not that he did not like to recruit. He just knew exactly what he wanted. He did not want any primadonnas that were going to be uncoachable. That was to a fault at times, but his evals were damn good

MetEdDawg
12-21-2023, 11:50 AM

Go look at Ryan Day's press conference yesterday when his media folks were telling him the #1 player that they had committed to them signed (they actually had to wait another 8-10 hours for his paperwork to come in).

The toll it looked like just the recruitment for that one kid took on them was ridiculous. I feel bad for these coaches now. I get that they get paid a ton of money. But the toll the current environment seems to be taking on them appears absurd.

MBDawg601
12-21-2023, 12:04 PM
Go look at Ryan Day's press conference yesterday when his media folks were telling him the #1 player that they had committed to them signed (they actually had to wait another 8-10 hours for his paperwork to come in).

The toll it looked like just the recruitment for that one kid took on them was ridiculous. I feel bad for these coaches now. I get that they get paid a ton of money. But the toll the current environment seems to be taking on them appears absurd.

I would be more worried if it didn't take a toll on them for how much they are paid. The job should be all consuming with little to no time for anything else.

Maverick91
12-21-2023, 12:36 PM
I would be more worried if it didn't take a toll on them for how much they are paid. The job should be all consuming with little to no time for anything else.

There is truth to this, but the weight of the toll that is happening now shouldn't be there. You get in this to coach young men to be the best football player they can be and to hopefully teach them to be great citizens when they leave. Not to be negotiating payouts. What these coaches are having to deal with is bad for the sport. People will say that's just the way it is, but we all know it shouldn't be that way and it can be corrected. What we have now is the definition of kids ruling the roost. The play on the field has been in decline for the past decade if it continues just wait and see how bad the play is in another five years.

These coaches should be spending their time coaching not worrying about pretty much tax free payments going to an 18 year olds just to start the negotiations in another year.

MBDawg601
12-21-2023, 03:13 PM
There is truth to this, but the weight of the toll that is happening now shouldn't be there. You get in this to coach young men to be the best football player they can be and to hopefully teach them to be great citizens when they leave. Not to be negotiating payouts. What these coaches are having to deal with is bad for the sport. People will say that's just the way it is, but we all know it shouldn't be that way and it can be corrected. What we have now is the definition of kids ruling the roost. The play on the field has been in decline for the past decade if it continues just wait and see how bad the play is in another five years.

These coaches should be spending their time coaching not worrying about pretty much tax free payments going to an 18 year olds just to start the negotiations in another year.

I get what you're saying. Yeah it is a totally different job now and probably not what they signed up for. Then you have big boosters expecting on the field product more, because they are openly invested in players and the program. Just a crappy time for college sports. Hopefully it will be regulated.

Todd4State
12-21-2023, 03:45 PM

LOL. The guy was awful at recruiting and was a complete asshole to everyone except apparently you. That has been documented many times. In fact that was a BIG reason why Florida fired him. Guess he was too tough on their guys too huh? Rick Trickett was
better than him by the way. If Hevesy was so good who is he coaching for now?

Todd4State
12-21-2023, 03:50 PM
Right. He must be forgetting that we had to charge Rufus Warren from TE to lineman because of Hevesy's recruiting. Yeah he was a great line coach but look what he could have done if he'd have gotten some better athletes. Just like Mullen if he'd have recruited and built on his success. There is no telling where we could have been especially with old miss going through all their scandals

And then we had to move James Carmon from DL to OT one year as well.

It was not that he did not like to recruit. He just knew exactly what he wanted. He did not want any primadonnas that were going to be uncoachable. That was to a fault at times, but his evals were damn good

I remember one cycle he had like two OL committed and then neither one of them qualified. So because of him we literally went a cycle without an o-line recruit.

Gutter Cobreh
12-21-2023, 04:03 PM

I remember one cycle he had like two OL committed and then neither one of them qualified. So because of him we literally went a cycle without an o-line recruit.

When you combine Mullen's favorite play calls of QB draw or running Holloway up the middle with Hevesy's recruiting... it's mindboggling we were as successful as we were.

StarkVegasSteve
12-21-2023, 04:05 PM

But did we ever have a bad line under Hev? No. He found a way to put a really good line out there every year that protected the QB and we ran the ball really well, when we had a RB

Todd4State
12-21-2023, 04:55 PM
When you combine Mullen's favorite play calls of QB draw or running Holloway up the middle with Hevesy's recruiting... it's mindboggling we were as successful as we were.

That's because Dan could recruit a QB and he had it where literally the QB was doing everything by himself almost. If he had a guy like Dak we could be a lot more diverse- we were able to pass better and not surprisingly 2014-15 were our highest average PPG.

But did we ever have a bad line under Hev? No. He found a way to put a really good line out there every year that protected the QB and we ran the ball really well, when we had a RB

2015 was pretty bad. If we had any other QB not named Dak we probably have a 6-6 season. 2011 and 2012 struggled if I remember correctly. 2016 it took him forever to figure out that Elgton Jenkins should start.

Dawgface
12-21-2023, 06:43 PM

Agree. I look forward to 2 to 3 years down the road. Got to be patient.