PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Green is good

Bubb Rubb
12-06-2013, 11:29 PM
That win looks a whole lot better tonight.

Does Bowling Green jump into the rankings next week? If so, we'll have a win over a top 25 team. Who woulda thunk it?

Pollodawg
12-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Bowling Green is a legit team. Troy is bowling. I think Okie State still only has one loss and basically playing for the their conference championship tomorrow. BG was a quality win for us. Hell, OM was too. They did beat a top ten team this season. People can downplay it like the bears suck, but they actually are a fairly decent team and there is no taking away from any of those wins.

PassInterference
12-07-2013, 01:19 AM
So how many winning teams did we beat this year? 3? Its usually been 0 or 1, right... Definitely got a few quality wins this year.

And damn close to a couple strong upsets. Which is upsetting. But I'm not down. This team got a LOT better late in the season. I really think next year will be the year for a couple signature wins.

MetEdDawg
12-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Obviously Oklahoma State speaks for itself, but Bowling Green Just won the MAC and Troy finished tied for 3rd in the Sun Belt. They only had a 6-6 record, but still they can always be a tough challenge regardless. And Alcorn State finished with a 9-3 record, which was the best record of any SWAC team this year.

I would say this ended up being a pretty formidable non conference schedule with all of the teams we played having at least a .500 record.

bluelightstar
12-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Bowling Green lost by 30 to Indiana. They are many things, but a "legit" team is not one of them. They are obviously good for a MAC team, but there is no explanation for why we nearly lost to them.

Percho
12-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Bowling Green lost by 30 to Indiana. They are many things, but a "legit" team is not one of them. They are obviously good for a MAC team, but there is no explanation for why we nearly lost to them.

Sure there is. We played against them like OM played against us.

hacker
12-07-2013, 01:29 PM
No, we should'e beaten them by 50.**

Pollodawg
12-07-2013, 01:34 PM
There are days when I think State could win a BCS bowl by thirty pts and some segment of our fans would still piss and moan.

bulldawg28
12-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Some of these people aren't fans they're MSU analyst.

Pollodawg
12-07-2013, 04:14 PM
BG would have beaten Arkansas and UK if they had played them and possibly UT and UF. They almost certainly would have given the bears and Vandy a good game. And, besides, just because a team gets blown out one week and then goes on to have some solid wins the next doesn't mean they aren't legit. We got blown out by LSU, but our D, I don't think anyone would disagree, is legit. Good teams get better as the season goes on........just like we did.

If BG had played the team that showed up against Bama, Arkansas, and OM, we would have won handily.