Coursesuper
12-20-2023, 07:30 PM
Renegotiations.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2023, 07:40 PM
Ole Miss is the favorite to land him, naturally

KOdawg1
12-20-2023, 07:59 PM
Probably not happy we brought Pounders in.

Oh well. Go sign someone similar or better

Leeshouldveflanked
12-20-2023, 09:09 PM
Doesnt like competition

Bdawg
12-20-2023, 09:57 PM
If this isn’t negotiations, it’s a **** move if scared of competition. Don’t they understand we got to have more than 5 OL on the roster. I’m really sick of this ****. It’s getting old.

Bdawg
12-20-2023, 09:58 PM
Probably not happy we brought Pounders in.

Oh well. Go sign someone similar or better

Chicken **** if so.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2023, 10:53 PM
If this isn’t negotiations, it’s a **** move if scared of competition. Don’t they understand we got to have more than 5 OL on the roster. I’m really sick of this ****. It’s getting old.

We can all thank ourselves for having no backbone to stand up to it. It is a political issue always was always will be. This goes against everything this sport has always been about.

My give a shit is gone. But I love State too much to not care if we win or lose. Its a tough spot

parabrave
12-20-2023, 11:32 PM
Guys and Gals like it has been stated by other posters this is a business now. The name on the helmet means nothing. What we saw with the FL State players will be the norm. These kids and their handlers, coaches family members and such know how much is in the NIL and will always want a bigger slice of it. That's just the way it's gonna be til they are told don't let the door hit ya and they are left out in the cold. One other thing the schools should start charging these kids for tuition Room and board now.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2023, 11:50 PM
Guys and Gals like it has been stated by other posters this is a business now. The name on the helmet means nothing. What we saw with the FL State players will be the norm. These kids and their handlers, coaches family members and such know how much is in the NIL and will always want a bigger slice of it. That's just the way it's gonna be til they are told don't let the door hit ya and they are left out in the cold. One other thing the schools should start charging these kids for tuition Room and board now.

Yep. Cheer for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

Cooterpoot
12-21-2023, 09:11 AM
Percy don't want to compete. I'm fine if he takes off if he doesn't believe in himself. Hope he gains some confidence and stays.

StarkVegasSteve
12-21-2023, 09:14 AM
We also are not done in the portal with OL. He may see the writing on the wall.

Bdawg
12-21-2023, 10:02 AM
We also are not done in the portal with OL. He may see the writing on the wall.

I mean we thought this was a big time get! Maybe he’s not living up to the billing, but I thought we had high hopes for him

Johnson85
12-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Percy don't want to compete. I'm fine if he takes off if he doesn't believe in himself. Hope he gains some confidence and stays.

Is he just hell bent on playing LT? If he looks at our OL and is worried about starting, then damn he's been a disappointment. I didn't expect a lot out of him just because JUCO OL are usually crap shoots, but he was highly rated enough I thought he'd be an ok SEC lineman, which is likely all it's going to take for him to start. Don't want him to leave regardless because we need bodies, but if he doesn't think he can start on this OL that is less concerning.

HancockCountyDog
12-21-2023, 11:40 AM
I mean we thought this was a big time get! Maybe he’s not living up to the billing, but I thought we had high hopes for him

He was solid/good by the last part of the season. I think he started the last 6-7 games. I figured he would kick down to OG and have a good covid season. He was the only guy on our roster that had starting experience on the OL and for that reason, I wanted him back.

I would think we could replace him, it just annoying that we have to. I guess this is the new normal.

Coach34
12-21-2023, 01:04 PM
probably just wanting mo money

Dolla bills y'all

confucius say
12-21-2023, 01:19 PM
Yes. He wants more money.

HancockCountyDog
12-21-2023, 01:46 PM
Yes. He wants more money.

My guess is that Pounders or maybe Martinez let him know how much they were offered and he most likely wasn't getting close to the Pounders number for sure and either left without asking for a raise, or is this is way of asking.

I was told that this is what happened with Noreel White. Apparently, he learned what Stonka had been offered by us and the bears, and it is WAYYYYY more than what the bears offered him.

It looks like they either paid him, or no one else was willing to meet his perceived worth.

I don't think he had a ton of NIL leverage and so he signed with them. My guess is that he is in the portal in a year.

Bdawg
12-21-2023, 04:40 PM
probably just wanting mo money

Dolla bills y'all

I can understand this. It’s the way things are right now. Get what you can because who knows if you make it in the pros. But if your pissy over competition, then piss off.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2023, 05:09 PM
What conference will be the first to say we aint doing this anymore

Pancho
12-21-2023, 07:14 PM
not the $EC

Coursesuper
12-21-2023, 08:59 PM
What conference will be the first to say we aint doing this anymore

I’m not sure, but it will happen after this next litigation kicks in and they have to hand out $$$ retroactive to athletes that played before the current situation began. This could take up to 25%of athletic department budgets.

FoggyBottom
12-21-2023, 09:11 PM
If he?s worried about competition why would he transfer to OM?

Pancho
12-22-2023, 07:18 AM
Ca$h

MsuDawg_10
12-22-2023, 10:47 AM
He's ok with competition if he's getting paid....if he's not getting paid he's worried about competition....this $hit gets old...I for one have no issue with seeing kids like this go because its not good for the locker room to have him around if this is his attitude.