PDA

View Full Version : Woody to USC?

RockyDog
12-20-2023, 03:44 PM
Must have decided against year 5 of passes getting him killed at the line of scrimmage.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-20-2023, 03:49 PM
California taxes will take a bite out of that NIL.

TheLostDawg
12-20-2023, 04:32 PM
California taxes will take a bite out of that NIL.

Yes and he can think that he's going to do his taxes in Mississippi but that's not how California works. Every time you play a game there, they take a percentage. Started with Michael Jordan? To get a piece of his contract

Lord McBuckethead
12-20-2023, 05:12 PM
You pay taxes where it is earned, I guess.

RockyDog
12-20-2023, 05:13 PM
Yes and he can think that he's going to do his taxes in Mississippi but that's not how California works. Every time you play a game there, they take a percentage. Started with Michael Jordan? To get a piece of his contract

Some of yall still under the delusion that any of these players care anything about the ramifications taxes are gonna have on their bag? They don't think like that, I promise you. If any of them even care about paying them.

Churchill
12-20-2023, 05:40 PM
100% correct.

Coach34
12-20-2023, 06:38 PM
He'll have a great season out there with less of a beating. They play about 5 SEC level defenses and thats it.

LC Dawg
12-20-2023, 06:46 PM

Is NIL money on a per game basis?
I'm not sure how it works. I figured each player is an independent contractor so they'll have to file 1099s but I also wonder if they can form LLCs that receive the NIL money.

StarkVegasSteve
12-20-2023, 08:12 PM
Is NIL money on a per game basis?
I'm not sure how it works. I figured each player is an independent contractor so they'll have to file 1099s but I also wonder if they can form LLCs that receive the NIL money.

Per month from the ones we hand out from what I have been told. Charlie and the BI make sure taxes are accounted for in all deals and payments.

LC Dawg
12-20-2023, 08:44 PM
Just saw that DeCarlos Nicholson committed to USC.

coachnorm
12-20-2023, 09:06 PM
Don't you have to distinguish the difference between a collective with funds disbursed in house within a college versus a NIL between a company and an individual? A NIL contract can be generated in more than one method and that diversity of legalese can get directed many ways? A college collective may have different perimeters than a cooperation.

GoDawgz
12-21-2023, 10:52 AM
The downfall for Woody is that he doesnt run from contact, he only knows to run to it.
Now that may sound good for the ego but not for the longevity of a RB career.
I wish him success.