PDA

View Full Version : QB from Mobile signs with Arkansas State

basedog
12-20-2023, 01:12 PM
I thought he was more highly rated, didn?t he originally comment to us?

DEDawg
12-20-2023, 01:20 PM

He was a 4 star but dropped to a mid 3. Our first commit of the year but the tape was not very good tbh. Not getting another P5 offer should tell you everything need to know

basedog
12-20-2023, 01:48 PM
He was a 4 star but dropped to a mid 3. Our first commit of the year but the tape was not very good tbh. Not getting another P5 offer should tell you everything need to know

Thanks, I don't keep up or follow recruiting.

Saltydog
12-20-2023, 07:44 PM
We probably couldn't compete with their NIL (I'm halfway kidding)......

MetEdDawg
12-20-2023, 08:07 PM

This is the reason Lebby passes the first eye test for me.

We let go of a kid that ultimately commits to Arkansas State and bring in a kid that was previously committed to Oregon (who now has the next 3-4 years of their QB situation taken care of with Gabriel and Dante Moore).

Lebby upgraded us at the most important position on the field as one of the first things he did and that's a big plus in my book.

SpaceBully
12-21-2023, 09:51 PM

He should thrive at Ark. State. Nice town and good place to go to college. Should he really up his game, then he might be portal material in a few years.

ZedFedder
12-21-2023, 11:24 PM
You also have to consider that this late in the game most schools are going to have their QB. He was not quite SEC level talent, but he was also put in a tough position to find a spot with only a few weeks left.