12-19-2023, 03:40 PM
That?s a big win.

msstate7
12-19-2023, 03:43 PM
I like what Lebby is doing

MetEdDawg
12-19-2023, 03:50 PM
I like what Lebby is doing

He certainly has maximized output in his time so far with limited selling points other than potential.

Entirely new staff, losing record and no bowl and he's turned that into multiple 4 star offensive commitments, in great position to get two more, helped raise a crap ton of NIL money, got multiple starting OL from the portal, and is figuring out ways to try and fill defensive holes the best he can.

Lebby doing very well so far in my opinion given what he was handed.

StarkVegasSteve
12-19-2023, 04:03 PM
Offensively Lebby is doing very well. We are a little slower defensively and honestly do not seem to be on a ton of defensive guys. That either tells me we know what we have/what we are getting is good enough to compete or we are striking out on a ton of guys/cannot gain any traction with the ones we are interested in.

LibraryDawg
12-19-2023, 04:05 PM
The lack of results aren't from a lack of effort. Lebby was in my office here on campus yesterday and the guy looks worn down. Hopefully it will pay off.

bulldawg28
12-19-2023, 04:16 PM
The team is going to be fine in 2024. I'm loving what Lebby is doing!

Coach34
12-19-2023, 04:30 PM
The lack of results aren't from a lack of effort. Lebby was in my office here on campus yesterday and the guy looks worn down. Hopefully it will pay off.

You can tell he is working it. Glad Corey is staying put. He got better this year

MaroonFlounder
12-19-2023, 04:30 PM
helped raise a crap ton of NIL money

Still probably bottom of the SEC in total NIL though.

SmokeyDawg
12-19-2023, 04:37 PM

I think if we see progress and potential with the product on the field we will see it reflected in donations. It's a start though

MetEdDawg
12-19-2023, 04:51 PM

100%.

But how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

We aren't going to fix the NIL gap overnight. We have a significant portion of our fan base that won't buy in unless they see results. Lebby is working harder than I've seen a new coach work since when Mullen got on campus. People saw that and bought in.

Replicate that on the field and more will get on board. It's going to take time for us. But he's made the right steps initially to get us in the right direction.

TrapGame
12-19-2023, 05:06 PM
100%.

But how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

We aren't going to fix the NIL gap overnight. We have a significant portion of our fan base that won't buy in unless they see results. Lebby is working harder than I've seen a new coach work since when Mullen got on campus. People saw that and bought in.

Replicate that on the field and more will get on board. It's going to take time for us. But he's made the right steps initially to get us in the right direction.

Exactly. If Lebby has one of those seasons next year the wallets and checkbooks will begin to open all over the place. A lot of the fans that walked away after Mullen will come back. Selmon is a NIL stud who cut his teeth with OK's NIL. He's going to use a resurgence next season to grease the wheel and then Katy bar the door.

confucius say
12-19-2023, 05:29 PM
Offensively Lebby is doing very well. We are a little slower defensively and honestly do not seem to be on a ton of defensive guys. That either tells me we know what we have/what we are getting is good enough to compete or we are striking out on a ton of guys/cannot gain any traction with the ones we are interested in.

Having no proven defensive coordinator or defensive head coach probably hurts

DownwardDawg
12-19-2023, 07:34 PM

As a fanbase, we need to stop saying this. There was so much discussion on this board already about our NIL. It's nowhere near the bottom of the SEC. It's more like mid SEC. We have way more than what most of our fans think we have.

TALL DAWG
12-19-2023, 07:40 PM
Is Maroon Flounder a troll??

Coursesuper
12-19-2023, 07:41 PM
As a fanbase, we need to stop saying this. There was so much discussion on this board already about our NIL. It's nowhere near the bottom of the SEC. It's more like mid SEC. We have way more than what most of our fans think we have.

I’m not picking here but how do you know where we stand? I know some of the people involved and I don’t have a clue, they don’t talk about it and why would they.

Turfdawg67
12-19-2023, 08:15 PM

Why would you say that? For being positive?

OhGee
12-19-2023, 08:19 PM
I wonder if the focus is intentionally offensive heavy. Are we shooting to be like Briles? Baylor team and beat people 56-42?

99jc
12-19-2023, 10:35 PM

he smells a little fishy!

Cooterpoot
12-19-2023, 11:55 PM
DeCam can choke on a turd. He choke'd a lot this year, so he knows how.

MaroonFlounder
12-20-2023, 07:26 AM

or a Realist.

MaroonFlounder
12-20-2023, 07:27 AM
he smells a little fishy!

I do live on a body of water.