PDA

View Full Version : David Johnson Say

confucius say
12-19-2023, 11:09 AM
Two things on bounds's show:

1) OM is a national title contender, not just a sec contender.
2. Watch for OM to close hard on Burnside. He is the one instate guy they are looking at to get late.

MBDawg601
12-19-2023, 11:23 AM
I'm not buying it. Ole Miss will have to prove it to me. They have had talent before, with arguably a better head coach. We will see.

HancockCountyDog
12-19-2023, 11:25 AM
I?ve been told they are just trying to drive the price up on us. They know they cant get him, but they want to make it expensive for us.

Maroonthirteen
12-19-2023, 11:25 AM
247 shows no visit to OM and I thought Steve said that too.... he has not visited OM.

If State gets, Daniels, Hill and Stoonka.... or 2 of 3.... that's very good.

TrapGame
12-19-2023, 11:27 AM
The worst Bama team in a decade ate their lunch. Georgia beat them like a crack whore in a trailer park.

I don't see massive improvement to be a top #4 team.

Coursesuper
12-19-2023, 11:29 AM
I?ve been told they are just trying to drive the price up on us. They know they cant get him, but they want to make it expensive for us.

Which is smart and I would hope we would do the same thing. NIL $ is not unlimited and they know that, if they can make us spend more on him it hurts us down the line on another target they may be after also.

BigDawg81
12-19-2023, 11:29 AM
Follow the visit. Stonka canceled his visit to Ole Miss to visit State. His family are State fans and I?m sure that he doesn?t want piss momma off.

HancockCountyDog
12-19-2023, 11:41 AM
The worst Bama team in a decade ate their lunch. Georgia beat them like a crack whore in a trailer park.

They won't be a top 4 team, i think their goal is to be a top 12 team and make the playoff.

If the guys that they have committed actually show up and they keep Dart and Judkins, they will have a shot. Their schedule is pretty damn soft and they could go 10-2 and be a top 10 team. If you gave them Florida's schedule they would go 7-5.

Goldendawg
12-19-2023, 11:45 AM
Ole Miss family member( Yes, a lot of us have them), said Judkins wants a raise from $750K to $1.5 million. Says they might just roll with Bentley.

confucius say
12-19-2023, 11:50 AM
They won't be a top 4 team, i think their goal is to be a top 12 team and make the playoff.

If the guys that they have committed actually show up and they keep Dart and Judkins, they will have a shot. Their schedule is pretty damn soft and they could go 10-2 and be a top 10 team. If you gave them Florida's schedule they would go 7-5.

They have the second easiest schedule of tea s considered possible contenders. Their hardest game the first six weeks is KY at home and their hardest two games in UGA and OK are at home.

BeardoMSU
12-19-2023, 11:57 AM
They have the second easiest schedule of tea s considered possible contenders. Their hardest game the first six weeks is KY at home and their hardest two games in UGA and OK are at home.

They're a playoff team, for sure.

HancockCountyDog
12-19-2023, 12:00 PM
Ole Miss family member( Yes, a lot of us have them), said Judkins wants a raise from $750K to $1.5 million. Says they might just roll with Bentley.

Good luck with that. I hope they pay it - no RB is worth 1.5 million. He won't get that on the open market. College teams are following the trend from the NFL, running backs don't get huge money.

I think Dante Dowdell is finding that out now. I've talked to a few people down here who hear that Dante's "advisors" are wondering where the love is. Good luck trying to find a team that wants to pay 200K for a solid RB with no breakaway speed. They are a dime a dozen.

SteelCurtain74
12-19-2023, 12:42 PM
I never underestimate the ability of Ole Miss to screw up a good thing. We are kindred spirits with them in that regard. Plus take into account when Sunbelt Billy is let go mid season next year and Kiffin's name is brought up as a candidate, it will probably be enough of a distraction to keep them out of any playoff talk. I also expect Lebby and crew to whip their a$$.

BankerDog
12-19-2023, 12:43 PM

Doing the opposite of what we did for AJ..

MBDawg601
12-19-2023, 12:45 PM
I never underestimate the ability of Ole Miss to screw up a good thing. We are kindred spirits with them in that regard. Plus take into account when Sunbelt Billy is let go mid season next year and Kiffin's name is brought up as a candidate, it will probably be enough of a distraction to keep them out of any playoff talk. I also expect Lebby and crew to whip their a$$.

Exactly. A couple of WAOM moments and everything will be back to normal.

confucius say
12-19-2023, 12:46 PM
They're a playoff team, for sure.

We'll see. They need to shore up that OL. Their schedule was favorable this year too and they lose to us if we're remotely competent offensively plus they won a few nail biters. This is their chance though.

Matt3467
12-19-2023, 12:50 PM
Follow the visit. Stonka canceled his visit to Ole Miss to visit State. His family are State fans and I?m sure that he doesn?t want piss momma off.

Money > favorite team. Most of these players will never play a down in the NFL but will leave college set for life.

Turfdawg67
12-19-2023, 01:18 PM
We'll see. They need to shore up that OL. Their schedule was favorable this year too and they lose to us if we're remotely competent offensively plus they won a few nail biters. This is their chance though.

All what you say is true, but if the playoffs were 12 teams, like it will be next year, they're in. Look, I hate them with a passion, but reading this thread is laughable if y'all can't see that we are at opposite ends of the football spectrum at this point in time. Most ppl didn't think they'd come close to winning 10 games this year because their schedule was so hard, compared to 2022... now it's they "squeaked by", or "got lucky". They are killing it in the portal and if they retain Dart and Judkins, they'll easily be in the top 12 next year.

EdwardDrayton
12-19-2023, 01:42 PM

Money has been added to these equations. It trumps everything.

MBDawg601
12-19-2023, 01:43 PM
All what you say is true, but if the playoffs were 12 teams, like it will be next year, they're in. Look, I hate them with a passion, but reading this thread is laughable if y'all can't see that we are at opposite ends of the football spectrum at this point in time. Most ppl didn't think they'd come close to winning 10 games this year because their schedule was so hard, compared to 2022... now it's they "squeaked by", or "got lucky". They are killing it in the portal and if they retain Dart and Judkins, they'll easily be in the top 12 next year.

Opposite ends? They beat us 17-7. We had possibly one of the worst state teams fielded in recent history.

confucius say
12-19-2023, 01:58 PM

That's the point. They would be in the playoff this year and won every toss up game.

DownwardDawg
12-19-2023, 02:00 PM
Hot take. State beats them in Oxford next season.

Coach34
12-19-2023, 02:05 PM
Opposite ends? They beat us 17-7. We had possibly one of the worst state teams fielded in recent history.

We likely wont be any better in 2024

chef dixon
12-19-2023, 02:25 PM
There's a difference in not being good and being incompetent. We were both this year. I think if we at least improve the incompetent part we could be a lot more fun to watch and improve throughout the year. That's my hope

Turfdawg67
12-19-2023, 02:50 PM

By that logic I guess you think Auburn and Alabama are close too? Lolz

HancockCountyDog
12-19-2023, 02:52 PM
There's a difference in not being good and being incompetent. We were both this year. I think if we at least improve the incompetent part we could be a lot more fun to watch and improve throughout the year. That's my hope

What is wildly frustrating is that we had talent on this year's team. People act like this was a Croom level talent team. That is just BS. We had a senior OL. We had the SEC Defensive player of the year. We had multiple dudes on defense that will get a look on an NFL team. Our OL had a combined like 100 starts between them. We had a damn good RB (when healthy) and a couple of WR's that were definitely talented.

It was a huge waste of talent.

mo7888
12-19-2023, 03:04 PM

I've been hearing something similar on Judkins... also hearing Auburn will make a run at him..

Offshore Dawg
12-19-2023, 03:05 PM
Money > favorite team. Most of these players will never play a down in the NFL but will leave college set for life.
Chances are that the co-eds will do better.

DownwardDawg
12-19-2023, 03:12 PM

We will be much better in 24. We may only win 6 games, but we'll be much better than last season. The second Arnett was fired we became better. Then when we hired Lebby we got even better.

Coach34
12-19-2023, 03:14 PM
We will be much better in 24. We may only win 6 games, but we'll be much better than last season. The second Arnett was fired we became better. Then when we hired Lebby we got even better.

if you say so. I hope we win 6. Right now we dont have a team capable of that

Matt3467
12-19-2023, 03:21 PM

Won't be that hard to be better offensively.

HancockCountyDog
12-19-2023, 03:27 PM

Problem is that the last half of the season, the defense played pretty damn well. The defense could take a big step backwards. We were 6th in the SEC in total yards allowed per game and that is with our offense constantly going 3 and out.

StarkVegasSteve
12-19-2023, 04:06 PM

It actually would be an accomplishment to be worse. That is how truly putrid we were offensively this year.

TrapGame
12-19-2023, 04:15 PM

Eeyore34 strikes again.

MaroonFlounder
12-19-2023, 04:26 PM

Not sure about W/L record, but offensively we should move the ball and score points.

parabrave
12-19-2023, 04:29 PM

Bently is the main reason they won the EB. We couldn't stop that guy.

Coach34
12-19-2023, 04:33 PM
Not sure about W/L record, but offensively we should move the ball and score points.

Def working the offensive side. Got to get some talent on D pulled in

Lance Harbor
12-19-2023, 04:51 PM

Meth Whore. Trailer Parks have Meth Whores. Just ask my mom.

cheewgumm
12-19-2023, 04:59 PM
I am not buying this.

Ole Miss could have lost to;

Tulane
LSU
Arkansas
Auburn
AM

Saying they were fortunate is in understatement.

They had a great year, congrats. But there is definitely some smoke and mirrors here.

C&DDAWG32
12-19-2023, 05:05 PM

Crack whores live in pay by the hour motels in Jackson. Just ask my aunt lol

TrapGame
12-19-2023, 05:07 PM

I'm showing my age. We had crack whores in my trailer park. Just ask my sister.

defiantdog
12-19-2023, 05:08 PM
We'd get 6 wins with OM's 2024 schedule

StarkVegasSteve
12-19-2023, 05:31 PM
I am not buying this.

Ole Miss could have lost to;

Tulane
LSU
Arkansas
Auburn
AM

Saying they were fortunate is in understatement.

They had a great year, congrats. But there is definitely some smoke and mirrors here.

So take TCU. Last year they were 6-1 in one score games and this year they were 0-4. Ole Miss this year was 4-0 in one score games and the Tulane game was a one score game the entire game. Even regressing back to the mean of 2-2 would have only meant an 8 win season and they would not have NEAR this hype. You do not win every one score game two years straight. The Law of Averages prove that. I have said since their schedule was released they are an 8-10 win team next year, but I do not know that 10 wins, with their SoS next year will get them in.

Commercecomet24
12-19-2023, 05:49 PM
Lane is there Dan mullen. He's always gonna lose at least a couple games a year. And his script plays out against good teams and he's done. Heck ga tech and Tulane along with a couple others could've beat em. With all money their spending on lane and the roster if he doesn't make the 12 team playoff next year they will not be happy with him.

PGHBulldogBG
12-19-2023, 06:11 PM
Ole Miss has the alumni support and fan support to become a more dominant program easier than State. This is technically their 3rd chance to pass State in a big way in the last 20 years. They had great recruiting classes under Ed Orgeron, but he was an awful head coach there and they fell on their face. Their next chance came with Freeze, but they went about it the wrong way. They went from being a 2-10 team to having a top 5 recruiting class. If they had just built steadily under Freeze and got to a place where Freeze was winning 8 to 9 games a year, I don?t think at that joint it would have been so jarring for them to have a great class. Now they have Kiffin/NIL/paying players being legal and unfortunately they finally got it right. We better prepare for them to be a playoff team next year and possibly winning it all. I doubt that will happen, but they certainly have a shot

PGHBulldogBG
12-19-2023, 06:14 PM
Lane is there Dan mullen. He's always gonna lose at least a couple games a year. And his script plays out against good teams and he's done. Heck ga tech and Tulane along with a couple others could've beat em. With all money they?re spending on lane and the roster if he doesn't make the 12 team playoff next year they will not be happy with him.

Definitely not. They expect playoff probably semi finals at the minimum with that roster. It will be hilarious if they go to Wake Forest and Clawson beats them. He is a good enough coach to do it especially at home

Turfdawg67
12-19-2023, 08:01 PM
So take TCU. Last year they were 6-1 in one score games and this year they were 0-4. Ole Miss this year was 4-0 in one score games and the Tulane game was a one score game the entire game. Even regressing back to the mean of 2-2 would have only meant an 8 win season and they would not have NEAR this hype. You do not win every one score game two years straight. The Law of Averages prove that. I have said since their schedule was released they are an 8-10 win team next year, but I do not know that 10 wins, with their SoS next year will get them in.

It's a great comparison. And when TCU played UGA, they were exposed... just like UGA exposed OM this year. They have added a lot of talent and their schedule is favorable. Hopefully we'll spoil their playoff hopes! Late season losses are killers!

Percho
12-19-2023, 08:53 PM

This relative to the above. Does coaching mean anything? Is it all about Jimmy's and Joe's?

Remember Texas A&M, had about an many J & J's as possible.

Maybe we get coached up and over excel!

lastmajordog
12-19-2023, 09:02 PM
om beat the worst DOG team and the WORST DOG offensive team in possibly several decades by a late score. They did great in one score games but that is what a great team does. om has killed the portal this year but I?m pumped about what Lebby is doing. om has the second easiest schedule this coming year but for some reason I think it might have some surprises for the self crowned NC om team. we shall see said the Zen Master.

Bdawg
12-19-2023, 10:46 PM
Lane is there Dan mullen. He's always gonna lose at least a couple games a year. And his script plays out against good teams and he's done. Heck ga tech and Tulane along with a couple others could've beat em. With all money their spending on lane and the roster if he doesn't make the 12 team playoff next year they will not be happy with him.

I’m hoping FL rumors start flying about mid season and starts the derailing process for the playoff

Commercecomet24
12-19-2023, 10:54 PM
Lane gonna have to prove to me he can not screw up at least a couple games a year. He is not a great in game coach and makes some really dumb butt decisions and it'll be the same next year.

Bdawg
12-19-2023, 11:08 PM
Lane gonna have to prove to me he can not screw up at least a couple games a year. He is not a great in game coach and makes some really dumb butt decisions and it'll be the same next year.

He’s Mr. Script. Then who knows after that.

Cooterpoot
12-19-2023, 11:49 PM
1. Stonka is signing with State
2. OM is a real contender for the playoffs, not the Natty. But their schedule is so damn easy. UGA will drag them but the rest is winnnable.
3. 17 OM

Jarius
12-20-2023, 07:58 AM
They beat the worst 3 teams in a bad West by 8 ppg. They are a long way from way ahead of anyone. They took advantage of the West being as bad as it been in a very long time. There is a real chance they have a worse record next year with much more talent.

Todd4State
12-20-2023, 08:30 AM
2. OM is a real contender for the playoffs, not the Natty. But their schedule is so damn easy. UGA will drag them but the rest is winnnable.
3. 17 OM

I think LSU beats them in Baton Rouge. That's probably going to be an 8 PM night game there. I'm sure LSU's defense will be a lot better.

mo7888
12-20-2023, 08:42 AM
I think LSU beats them in Baton Rouge. That's probably going to be an 8 PM night game there. I'm sure LSU's defense will be a lot better.

I think KY and Oklahoma are going to be competitive games, too. While I'd favor om right now, it wouldn't be by so much that I'd call those guaranteed wins... 8-4 to 10-2 is their range imo..

Todd4State
12-20-2023, 08:59 AM
Lane is there Dan mullen. He's always gonna lose at least a couple games a year. And his script plays out against good teams and he's done. Heck ga tech and Tulane along with a couple others could've beat em. With all money they're spending on lane and the roster if he doesn't make the 12 team playoff next year they will not be happy with him.

I thought it was nice of the SEC to schedule Florida for Ole Miss the week of the Egg Bowl.

Todd4State
12-20-2023, 09:02 AM
I think KY and Oklahoma are going to be competitive games, too. While I'd favor om right now, it wouldn't be by so much that I'd call those guaranteed wins... 8-4 to 10-2 is their range imo..

Kentucky will give them a good game because Stoops is always going to have a good defense. It just seems like Kentucky does something crazy to lose to Ole Miss every time they play them.

I think Oklahoma may struggle in year one in the SEC. Similar to Texas A&M. Their defense hasn't been good and the reason why their offense was really good is on our side now.

mo7888
12-20-2023, 09:09 AM
Kentucky will give them a good game because Stoops is always going to have a good defense. It just seems like Kentucky does something crazy to lose to Ole Miss every time they play them.

I think Oklahoma may struggle in year one in the SEC. Similar to Texas A&M. Their defense hasn't been good and the reason why their offense was really good is on our side now.

I agree with all that which is why I currently favor om in these games

msudawg1200
12-20-2023, 09:16 AM

Texas A&M went 11-2 in their first year in the SEC and beat Bama

Matt3467
12-20-2023, 09:44 AM
om beat the worst DOG team and the WORST DOG offensive team in possibly several decades by a late score. They did great in one score games but that is what a great team does. om has killed the portal this year but I?m pumped about what Lebby is doing. om has the second easiest schedule this coming year but for some reason I think it might have some surprises for the self crowned NC om team. we shall see said the Zen Master.

As bad as we were offensively last year were we 2008 45-0 bad? I don't think so. We were as close to it as ever though. That was the same year we had the 2-3 auburn game.

Bdawg
12-20-2023, 09:50 AM
3. 17 OM

Have some rep

Todd4State
12-20-2023, 10:45 AM
As bad as we were offensively last year were we 2008 45-0 bad? I don't think so. We were as close to it as ever though. That was the same year we had the 2-3 auburn game.

I mean we scored 7 on Ole Miss. That's only slightly better than 0 I guess.

Jack Lambert
12-20-2023, 03:45 PM
I mean we scored 7 on Ole Miss. That's only slightly better than 0 I guess.

Make the two missed field goal and stop that 4th down touchdown pass to the TE we win 13 to 10. Three plays away.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-20-2023, 04:17 PM
Make the two missed field goal and stop that 4th down touchdown pass to the TE we win 13 to 10. Three plays away.
Also throw in that we had a QB than couldnt throw a 10 yard out pattern.

MedDawg
12-20-2023, 06:03 PM

They barely beat bad State, Arkansas, A&M, Tulane, and Auburn teams and an average LSU at the time LSU team. They absolutely do not deserve to be top 12 right now. Penn State will prove that.

Next year, with these new additions and an easy schedule, they might deserve it.

State was better than OM just last year. Some of y'all act like they are deep into some kind of dynasty.

MedDawg
12-20-2023, 06:13 PM
It's a great comparison. And when TCU played UGA, they were exposed... just like UGA exposed OM this year. They have added a lot of talent and their schedule is favorable. Hopefully we'll spoil their playoff hopes! Late season losses are killers!

Yep. TCU had a near zero chance to win the title last year. Just like OM had a zero chance to win the SEC this year or a championship next year. They aren't even close to Bama, UGA, or Texas, not to mention Michigan and Ohio State and others. They may get Top 12 which would be cool, but not close to championship level.

SpaceBully
12-21-2023, 09:57 PM
OM is following the Arizona model under Fisch. They are infusing a lot of talent on the D front.....which was a wise thing for them to do. Just not sure they can jell that young talent quickly enough to be a national contender this year. Next year.....maybe. They do have an outside shot at the playoffs if that new D-line talent can just slow down the BAMA's and the UGA's of the world a little bit. Their offense should be very potent.

Tmjdog
12-21-2023, 11:33 PM
Same BS we?ve been hearing for 40 years from um fans. Can you spell delusional? Just ignore.

Bothrops
12-21-2023, 11:54 PM
As long as Dart stays healthy Ole Miss will make the playoffs next year. Manageable schedule and they will be very deep on defense.

BeardoMSU
12-22-2023, 12:12 AM
Same BS we?ve been hearing for 40 years from um fans. Can you spell delusional? Just ignore.

Two 10 win seasons in 3 years. Playing in their 4th Access Bowl in 10 years...

Coursesuper
12-22-2023, 10:27 AM

Why is it so hard to understand that they have well run and funded athletic department now? We must understand what the game is in order to play it well, part of that is understanding what you are up against. Fans run their sucks, but it is easy to see the results from them recently. We seem to have proper leadership in place now, but we are without a doubt playing catch up. You can disparage them but it doesn’t change reality.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-22-2023, 10:33 AM
Why is it so hard to understand that they have well run and funded athletic department now? We must understand what the game is in order to play it well, part of that is understanding what you are up against. Fans run their sucks, but it is easy to see the results from them recently. We seem to have proper leadership in place now, but we are without a doubt playing catch up. You can disparage them but it doesn’t change reality.
^^^^This^^^^ Bjork isnt there anymore and Keith Carter knows what he is doing.