PDA

View Full Version : I was watching Western Kentucky Highlights

Todd4State
12-19-2023, 05:31 AM
From their bowl game. I was wrong about Drew Hollinghead. We should have promoted him and this season would have been better and he would have given us some tweaks that we all wanted with the offense.

The transition would have been much, much smoother.

Pancho
12-19-2023, 07:39 AM
word

mo7888
12-19-2023, 08:33 AM
From their bowl game. I was wrong about Drew Hollinghead. We should have promoted him and this season would have been better and he would have given us some tweaks that we all wanted with the offense.

The transition would have been much, much smoother.

100 %

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2023, 10:18 AM
I think context matters a whole lot. Hollingshead definitely had his ups and downs this season, and I think will be a very good coach.
He also had the benefit of being OC for a Modern AR coach in Tyson Helton. Could he have done the same under Arnett - who obviously had issues with the AR? Who knows.
I think the best thing to do with 2023 is just flush the season down the memory hole and never think about any "What If's" other than "What if Leach hadn't died?"

Shout out to my guy - ODU QB Grant Wilson. I've known his Dad since we were in middle school, and he's from a family of good people. He sat the bench for our old friend JoMo at Fordham for two years, transfers to ODU and leads them to the 3rd bowl season in their history. ODU should have won that game.

RockyDog
12-19-2023, 10:35 AM
3800 passing and 1300 yards rushing against a Sun Belt schedule where they played one P5 team doesn’t exactly scream offensive wizardry.

Whether it was Keenum’s or Arnett’s call, somebody dug their heels in and said we are getting rid of all Leach hangers on. It blew up in their faces royally. But in the long run it saved us from 3-4 years of Arnept.

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2023, 10:55 AM
3800 passing and 1300 yards rushing against a Sun Belt schedule where they played one P5 team doesn’t exactly scream offensive wizardry.

Whether it was Keenum’s or Arnett’s call, somebody dug their heels in and said we are getting rid of all Leach hangers on. It blew up in their faces royally. But in the long run it saved us from 3-4 years of Arnept.

With a 23 year old QB whose production dropped by 1400 yards versus last season.

Coursesuper
12-19-2023, 11:33 AM

He called a great second half yesterday with his 3rd string QB.

Coach34
12-19-2023, 12:04 PM
Good grief

Western Kentucky was worse this season offensively than in 2022
We obviously made the decision to move away from the AR- so he wasnt even an option

2023 made the adjustment easier for our new HC and his offense

msstate7
12-19-2023, 12:51 PM
Good grief

Western Kentucky was worse this season offensively than in 2022
We obviously made the decision to move away from the AR- so he wasnt even an option

2023 made the adjustment easier for our new HC and his offense

I definitely agree with your last sentence. Moving away from the AR was always gonna be tough, but hopefully the hard part is over

CaptainObvious
12-19-2023, 04:11 PM
I would like to know which Coordinators or HC showed interest in the State job last December 2022?