PDA

View Full Version : So OleMiss is tampering

Op4isabitch
12-18-2023, 04:27 PM
I?m sure all schools are but interesting one of our players confirms it:

https://twitter.com/ferrie_kyle/status/1736847649863512236

civildawg
12-18-2023, 04:32 PM
Who cares. Welcome to the big leagues. We are still operating like the NCAA cares

Bothrops
12-18-2023, 04:34 PM
Of course, but who's going to care?

viverlibre
12-18-2023, 04:40 PM
One thing for sure, if we did that, we'd self impose the death penalty.

confucius say
12-18-2023, 04:41 PM
The sec will care. They already got in trouble over this once.
Hopefully we've turned it over to sankey and the ncaa. Personally, I'd go public with it the way Pittsburgh's coach did last year.

Bothrops
12-18-2023, 04:50 PM
The sec will care. They already got in trouble over this once.
Hopefully we've turned it over to sankey and the ncaa. Personally, I'd go public with it the way Pittsburgh's coach did last year.

"Please stop tampering with Miss State's players, next time we'll write you up as an official warning "

viverlibre
12-18-2023, 04:55 PM
"Please stop tampering with Miss State's players, next time we'll write you up as an official warning "

Double secret probation.

Michigan just caught in the biggest cheating scandal ever, the HC gets suspended 3 games only from the sidelines during games (essentially no penalty).

HoopsDawg
12-18-2023, 05:09 PM
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Let's not whine about Ole Miss. That's a loser mentality. This is their time. We will have ours at some point again

Thick
12-18-2023, 05:26 PM
This is “their time”…..wtf does that even mean?

3dawgnight15
12-18-2023, 05:32 PM
Deleted. Anyone screenshot it?

confucius say
12-18-2023, 05:39 PM

When they got busted doing it with Lovett and Jones they were put on probation, not allowed to take any transfer portal guys from schools for a certain time, and not allowed to take Lovett or Jones. The second time should be more harsh.

But I agree that the lack of enforcement is killing the ncaa. They were caught red handed with evidence. Just show cause the whole staff for 10 years and coaches would stop doing it.

confucius say
12-18-2023, 05:41 PM
Deleted. Anyone screenshot it?

Search WalkingBully on Twitter and it is quote tweeted. That's where I saw it.

HoopsDawg
12-18-2023, 05:42 PM
This is “their time”…..wtf does that even mean?

It means they have a QB, a coach, and most of the pieces. They are number 11 with everyone coming back and a 12 team playoff on the horizon. They have the number 1 portal class in the county. Their collective is probably as big as it will ever be. It means exactly what I said, this is their once in a decade shot and they are smartly going all in.

It's like MSU in 2014 if we just had the right coach. We could have gone all in on a QB and a couple of offensive players and made the playoffs.

Jarius
12-18-2023, 05:44 PM
I can’t imagine giving even a little bit of a shit about this. Go do it to them and quit being a little bitch, MSU staff. Getting our asses handed to us.

confucius say
12-18-2023, 06:26 PM
I can?t imagine giving even a little bit of a shit about this. Go do it to them and quit being a little bitch, MSU staff. Getting our asses handed to us.

Oh I would care. I'd post the DM he referenced on Twitter if I were lebby and tag OM coaches and sankey.

Of course I'm petty at times

Coursesuper
12-18-2023, 06:44 PM
I?m sure all schools are but interesting one of our players confirms it:

https://twitter.com/ferrie_kyle/status/1736847649863512236

This is the cesspool that is college athletics today.

TheLostDawg
12-18-2023, 07:06 PM
Search WalkingBully on Twitter and it is quote tweeted. That's where I saw it.

It was taken down. The repost is there but there is nothing in the original post

Bothrops
12-18-2023, 07:14 PM
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Let's not whine about Ole Miss. That's a loser mentality. This is their time. We will have ours at some point again

By 2030?

lastmajordog
12-18-2023, 07:26 PM
It means they have a QB, a coach, and most of the pieces. They are number 11 with everyone coming back and a 12 team playoff on the horizon. They have the number 1 portal class in the county. Their collective is probably as big as it will ever be. It means exactly what I said, this is their once in a decade shot and they are smartly going all in.

It's like MSU in 2014 if we just had the right coach. We could have gone all in on a QB and a couple of offensive players and made the playoffs.

One publication also said om had the second easiest SEC schedule. I agree as this is truly as good as it get's for them, especially with more portals coming in. Hoping Lebby can pull a "DOG" out of his hat.

Coach34
12-18-2023, 07:43 PM
Nothing will come of this. There is no "tampering" anymore.

Shit- our previous staff made contact with Arizona's QB during the season after he lost his job about coming to State. Everybody does it

THE ARE NO RULES ANYMORE

OurState
12-18-2023, 07:56 PM

Shit- our previous staff made contact with Arizona's QB during the season after he lost his job about coming to State. Everybody does it

THE ARE NO RULES ANYMORE

It?s called ?pre-portaling? now

msumudcat
12-18-2023, 08:11 PM

THE ARE NO RULES ANYMORE

These are all facts. Even kickers get recruited in season if that tells you anything.

Coursesuper
12-18-2023, 08:32 PM

THE ARE NO RULES ANYMORE

This is the truth, there are no guardrails. This is a cesspool and those that are in power will keep it this way until it hopefully collapses on itself.

SPMT
12-18-2023, 09:12 PM

THE ARE NO RULES ANYMORE

Sadly this is the truth. I know you have been negative on college sports, and sadly im with you. It?s no longer as interesting.

The thing that made college Greta was the devotion of players and fans. I get transferring if not playing, but rampant transfers and unlimited money have made it the worst experiment of professional sports. In pro, at least there is a contract.

This current state is not as interesting for the have nots. NIL is not a true representation of the acronym. It?s just endless free agency. No, I?m not old and I?m not a pessimist, far from it. I?m an eternal optimist.

confucius say
12-18-2023, 11:12 PM
It was taken down. The repost is there but there is nothing in the original post

I have the screenshot of somebody will tell me how to post it from mobile ED

War Machine Dawg
12-18-2023, 11:47 PM
Northern Miss is cheating in recruiting? That's like Democrats cheating in elections. It's what they do and baked into the cake. Either start playing to win or shut up. As C34 and others have said, there are no rules now. We either do what it takes or get left behind. Pretending it's the 90s and consoling ourselves with moral victories for "doing it the right way" suck. I want actual wins.