PDA

View Full Version : Where did all the good posters go?

TheLostDawg
12-17-2023, 01:29 PM
On 3?

I mean we use to have good info and conversations on here. Now it's just doom and gloom every post. We went from KB crapping on everything not air Raid to note coach 34, who I use to really enjoy his thought, to cringing every time I see his comments because every one is negative with out substance. Just references how he hates where cfb is going. Well nothing against him but we all do but don't complain every post. Did the good posters leave and go to on 3 and now we just have tools, coach, and a few others. We still have some good posters like Todd but man this site has gotten bad really fast

Op4isabitch
12-17-2023, 01:33 PM
ON3 is worse. The Arnett project has done a number on our fans. Only way to make it better is support Lebby and Co let’s get behind them and try to turn everything into a positive.
I believe some of these mostly negative personas are Mississippi rebel supporters.

cheewgumm
12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Arnett was not here long enough to cause any real change.

Can?t blame him.

The lost egregious error we made (which I would argue we are still trying overcome ) was hiring Moorhead.

bigbub50
12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
I?m going to get my popcorn ready for this thread.

chef dixon
12-17-2023, 01:46 PM
It's not really that different

Op4isabitch
12-17-2023, 01:49 PM
Arnett was not here long enough to cause any real change.

Can?t blame him.

The lost egregious error we made (which I would argue we are still trying overcome ) was hiring Moorhead.

I disagree, we won 9 games Leaches last year and won the EB. The base was pretty happy. Look at all of the posts thinking we were going to be an 8-9 win team this past year. Not saying there wasn’t some negative posters but the amount of stupidity now is a direct result of the total collapse under Arnett and Co.

DownwardDawg
12-17-2023, 02:12 PM
Posters are tired of getting attacked by a few other posters who enjoy talking down to people on the internet.

TheLostDawg
12-17-2023, 02:22 PM
Posters are tired of getting attacked by a few other posters who enjoy talking down to people on the internet.

Got it. I Still like reading home dawg and others here. And bucky when it isn't related to Rogers. So seems like it's the same on the other sites too then. I didn't renew my 247 account because I get better info here. Was looking at getting on3 and was hoping since it's a pay site it might cut the trolls out some. I guess that's not the case.

PGHBulldogBG
12-17-2023, 02:30 PM
I will be the first to admit the Moorhead hire was a train wreck, but we rectified that by hiring Leach and building us back up. Sure it set us back, but if Leach had not passed away we would have probably won 8 or 9 games again last year. The issue now was that we hired a coach that was not ready for the job and his surrounding staff was not in any way SEC ready

R2Dawg
12-17-2023, 02:31 PM
On 3?

I mean we use to have good info and conversations on here. Now it's just doom and gloom every post. We went from KB crapping on everything not air Raid to note coach 34, who I use to really enjoy his thought, to cringing every time I see his comments because every one is negative with out substance. Just references how he hates where cfb is going. Well nothing against him but we all do but don't complain every post. Did the good posters leave and go to on 3 and now we just have tools, coach, and a few others. We still have some good posters like Todd but man this site has gotten bad really fast

There are still a lot of good posters. Just a few bad apples tends to make people go silent.

Dawgface
12-17-2023, 02:39 PM

Yep. This board has its share of those.

R2Dawg
12-17-2023, 06:40 PM

Agree with this. Attacking posters for having an opinion. The AR for and against crap got old. I have taken several long breaks due to some of the stuff at times.

I left another board due to sunshine pumpers attacking you if you said anything realistic about what would be going on. It just wasn't allowed. For the most part, this board has not been that way.

Just have a little respect for others is all we need to do.

Turfdawg67
12-17-2023, 06:55 PM

Quite a few condescending know-it-alls for sure.

HogsandDogs
12-17-2023, 06:59 PM
The ignore feature makes it better.

CaptainObvious
12-17-2023, 07:55 PM
We are all still here. Just waiting for All the 4 & 5 star transfers to make it a Merry Flipmas!

Todd4State
12-17-2023, 08:05 PM

Even worse you had some of the board moderators who cover MSU attacking people for having a different opinion.

Pretty sure they kept some "receipts" on me that they never got to use after I questioned Barbay's offense.

What happens is you end up with a clique of posters who if you don't share the same opinion as the group you get talked down to and it's backed up by the mods. So there is no free thought or opinions really shared and it becomes the ****** Monologues.

KOdawg1
12-17-2023, 08:09 PM
Not that I'm a "good" poster, but I've been spending more time on On3. Love this place, but a certain few make it difficult to read

Bulldog1
12-17-2023, 08:12 PM
Not that I'm a "good" poster, but I've been spending more time on On3. Love this place, but a certain few make it difficult to read

Same

Vandownbytheriver
12-17-2023, 08:29 PM

That’s what does it for me. You have a certain group of about 5 on each side who want to argue and disagree just out of principal. It’s happened with every board. Left GP’s to get away from the sunshine pumpers, left SPS to get away from the constant negativity, left BDJ to get away from the moderators, left 247 to get away from sevendust “seening” everything, ended up here and have found all the ones I left to get away from ended up here. So I read less and less and only show up when something big happens a I’d like to know a little more about. Better for my mental health not to get into fake fights on the interwebs.

BlackSailsDawg
12-17-2023, 09:46 PM

That's a fact. I don't even address certain people anymore.

Todd4State
12-18-2023, 12:40 AM
That’s what does it for me. You have a certain group of about 5 on each side who want to argue and disagree just out of principal. It’s happened with every board. Left GP’s to get away from the sunshine pumpers, left SPS to get away from the constant negativity, left BDJ to get away from the moderators, left 247 to get away from sevendust “seening” everything, ended up here and have found all the ones I left to get away from ended up here. So I read less and less and only show up when something big happens a I’d like to know a little more about. Better for my mental health not to get into fake fights on the interwebs.

There's something for everyone in the MSU message board world.

I like this board because it seems like there is more hard core sports discussion. Like X's and O's stuff. There is certainly some trolling here. But I think are more serious sports fans on here.

Genespage has a baseball dedicated message board and I get pretty similar news there as I would on On3.

Some of the other message boards it's like "We like sports but we also like other stuff a lot too" so they're a bit more casual. Which is fine.

Bdawg
12-18-2023, 01:10 AM
I come here strictly for info, rumors, discussion etc., for sports only. I will get sucked into a hunting discussion though. I do my best to bite my tongue(fingers) most of the time to keep it civil. Because to be honest, most of us would probably be more civil if we were standing face to face with each other.

defiantdog
12-18-2023, 08:04 AM
It all went down hill when IYOK left

parabrave
12-18-2023, 08:28 AM
It all went down hill when IYOK left

Well we still have Homedog who apparently gets inside info from the Athletic Dept. WMD is must read after a game as well as stark Steve who also provides good reading after a game.

TheLostDawg
12-18-2023, 08:45 AM
That?s what does it for me. You have a certain group of about 5 on each side who want to argue and disagree just out of principal. It?s happened with every board. Left GP?s to get away from the sunshine pumpers, left SPS to get away from the constant negativity, left BDJ to get away from the moderators, left 247 to get away from sevendust ?seening? everything, ended up here and have found all the ones I left to get away from ended up here. So I read less and less and only show up when something big happens a I?d like to know a little more about. Better for my mental health not to get into fake fights on the interwebs.

Bdj?

Churchill
12-18-2023, 10:12 AM
I don't think the realization of what the NIL (especially if it goes on long) means for State has helped things either. Many perceive us as being in a pretty precarious position right now and it's damn depressing.

sandjunky
12-18-2023, 10:30 AM
Bdj?

Likely bulldawg junction

DownwardDawg
12-18-2023, 11:16 AM
Likely bulldawg junction

That board was great! Short lived, but great.

parabrave
12-18-2023, 11:18 AM
Well we still have Homedog who apparently gets inside info from the Athletic Dept. WMD is must read after a game as well as stark Steve who also provides good reading after a game.

And we have SVD whose info might save your ass one night/

msudawglb
12-18-2023, 11:20 AM
Society in general has gotten to where we can?t discuss things. People post their opinions and then everyone gets bent out of shape that everyone is not agreeing with them. The definition of ?forum? has changed.

Vandownbytheriver
12-18-2023, 11:50 AM
That board was great! Short lived, but great.

Yup, it was great until Paul and Wardlow got to competing with each other. Then the merger happened and it all went to hell.

Turfdawg67
12-18-2023, 12:00 PM

I keep seeing On3. Is that SPS?

Bulldog1
12-18-2023, 01:59 PM
I keep seeing On3. Is that SPS?

New premium board PJ runs and soon to be Robbie

mo7888
12-18-2023, 03:25 PM

I'm there too, but on3 has ots on problems and i don't think the administration has figured out how to handle it. It's hard to be there at the moment.

C&DDAWG32
12-18-2023, 03:38 PM
I'm there too, but on3 has ots on problems and i don't think the administration has figured out how to handle it. It's hard to be there at the moment.

It's an absolute disaster over there right now.

starkvegasdawg
12-18-2023, 04:01 PM
And we have SVD whose info might save your ass one night/

Gracias for the kind words.

mo7888
12-18-2023, 04:06 PM

Yep, I'm torn over whether I'm going to stay or not...

Bothrops
12-18-2023, 04:11 PM
On 3?

Dude, morale isn't very high because our competition is kicking our asses. We don't have any reason to believe we'll be able to stop anybody from scoring a bunch of points on us next year. What we already have on defense is better than most of what we're getting, and some of players we got are bailing.

C&DDAWG32
12-18-2023, 04:12 PM
Yep, I'm torn over whether I'm going to stay or not...

Same here. I like the info Paul gives but there are a handful of posters that are just insufferable.

Dawgface
12-18-2023, 04:12 PM

As in technical issues?

Political Hack
12-18-2023, 04:24 PM
The On3 guy just keeps recreating the same thing over and over and selling it again and again. And people follow him and buy more subscriptions. He knows who to bring with him (e.g., Paul J going from BDJ to 247 to On3). He knows state fans will follow Paul, so he starts a new service and hires Paul... again.

I still want to know what happened to my BulldogJunction lifetime membership. Some fellow named Wardlaw (I believe) cashed those checks and disappeared shortly after. The instant jumping from pay board to pay board to find out who the next 4 star is that will be on campus for 9-12 months before transferring just doesn't pique my interest...

C&DDAWG32
12-18-2023, 04:25 PM
As in technical issues?

Naw the site itself is awesome. It's the people that post. Every thread turns into the same gloom and doom argument. You'd think we've been given the death penalty. Even when we do get a commitment there's no positivity at all, they immediately go into bashing the kid.

viverlibre
12-18-2023, 04:28 PM
On 3?

On this board, more than the other, it seems 2 or 3 posters will keep going back and forth dragging out a topic for 5+ pages. I'm not going to sift through that much back and forth to find some useful information.

mo7888
12-18-2023, 04:44 PM
Same here. I like the info Paul gives but there are a handful of posters that are just insufferable.

That's exactly where I am..

mo7888
12-18-2023, 04:51 PM
The On3 guy just keeps recreating the same thing over and over and selling it again and again. And people follow him and buy more subscriptions. He knows who to bring with him (e.g., Paul J going from BDJ to 247 to On3). He knows state fans will follow Paul, so he starts a new service and hires Paul... again.

I still want to know what happened to my BulldogJunction lifetime membership. Some fellow named Wardlaw (I believe) cashed those checks and disappeared shortly after. The instant jumping from pay board to pay board to find out who the next 4 star is that will be on campus for 9-12 months before transferring just doesn't pique my interest...

I've been off the pay sites since either 2019 or 2020.. didn't like the merger.... I went back and subscribed to on3 because i like Paul and I guess, if I'm being honest, I liked supporting a non-genespage board. I did the same thing with BDJ and, like you, did the lifetime membership scam.

Also, if I'm being honest, the discussion of actual football things is more logical here. It's not that on3 doesn't have smart logical posters because they do. Its just that they are being drowned out by 4 or 5 people who incessantly troll post the same lame things. If i didn't know better, I'd think they were bots. It's just not enjoyable right now.

DownwardDawg
12-18-2023, 07:54 PM

Michael Wardlaw. I sicked my wife on him and got my shirt finally for my lifetime membership. Haha!!!

Todd4State
12-19-2023, 05:21 AM
Michael Wardlaw. I sicked my wife on him and got my shirt finally for my lifetime membership. Haha!!!

That's hilarious! LOL.

Todd4State
12-19-2023, 05:28 AM

If I remember correctly I think Wardlaw was missing on paying Paul at the time too.

I think the merger happened because 247 sports bought out Genespage which was on Rivals and a lot of those posters didn't like Gene or Rosebowl and so there was mini civil war that broke out. A lot of the BDJ posters wanted Gene to take his name off of Genespage and name it something else and it never happened because the old guard dug in their heels.

And now Paul has moved to On3. Kind of like how it used to be almost.

If I had to guess Paul probably has been looking to leave Genespage ever since the merger happened.

Todd4State
12-19-2023, 05:30 AM
I've been off the pay sites since either 2019 or 2020.. didn't like the merger.... I went back and subscribed to on3 because i like Paul and I guess, if I'm being honest, I liked supporting a non-genespage board. I did the same thing with BDJ and, like you, did the lifetime membership scam.

Also, if I'm being honest, the discussion of actual football things is more logical here. It's not that on3 doesn't have smart logical posters because they do. Its just that they are being drowned out by 4 or 5 people who incessantly troll post the same lame things. If i didn't know better, I'd think they were bots. It's just not enjoyable right now.

The best thing about Paul is he provides updates in his bones/biscuits and "3 thing I know.." pretty regularly.

mo7888
12-19-2023, 08:35 AM
The best thing about Paul is he provides updates in his bones/biscuits and "3 thing I know.." pretty regularly.

Yep, he's just steady... and I appreciate that in this game...

KOdawg1
12-19-2023, 09:19 AM

Yep. He's consistent

civildawg
12-19-2023, 09:57 AM

Glad to hear he has decent recruiting sources because he had ZERO info on the coaching search. I joined for one month for coaching search news and the only news we got was people bringing stuff over from other boards