PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Tupelo MSU game and Ticketmaster

Goldendawg
12-14-2023, 05:44 PM
I knew this was coming, but just ordered 2 $35 tickets for my son and I for the North Texas game Sunday afternoon. Ticketmaster and other fees were $16.15 per ticket. This is a complete ripoff, almost 50% of ticket price. I called the bulldog club to convey my disgust. The lady in the office will refer it to others. You want to draw a crowd to off site games during the Christmas holidays, but I don't consider this system fan friendly.

WinningIsRelentless
12-14-2023, 06:49 PM
Ticketmaster is a for profit business. They have overhead and expenses also.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-14-2023, 07:01 PM
Doesn?t the profits for this game go to The Bulldog Initiative?

RockyDog
12-14-2023, 07:36 PM

Maybe. But it sounds like the arena in Tupelo must be jacking up the facility fee. I’ve bought $100+ concert tix, Saints tix, etc and not paid $16 per ticket in fees.

RocketDawg
12-14-2023, 08:59 PM

But why not order through the State ticket office?

When we go to something at the VBC, whether it be a concert or something else, I always go to the box office to buy tickets. I just dislike paying a middleman. I suppose if the even was a total sellout, and I just had to go for some reason, and Ticketmaster had bought up all the tickets, I'd do it then. Otherwise, it seems like price gouging to me.

Pancho
12-14-2023, 10:06 PM
I will not pay $125 per for a lower level seat at tupelo..

Joebob
12-14-2023, 10:21 PM
I knew this was coming, but just ordered 2 $35 tickets for my son and I for the North Texas game Sunday afternoon. Ticketmaster and other fees were $16.15 per ticket. This is a complete ripoff, almost 50% of ticket price. I called the bulldog club to convey my disgust. The lady in the office will refer it to others. You want to draw a crowd to off site games during the Christmas holidays, but I don't consider this system fan friendly.

A lot of pro sports teams are doing this too. You used to be able to order tickets through the team's ticket office, now they just dump you at ticketmaster, fees and all.

Goldendawg
12-14-2023, 10:22 PM

When we go to something at the VBC, whether it be a concert or something else, I always go to the box office to buy tickets. I just dislike paying a middleman. I suppose if the even was a total sellout, and I just had to go for some reason, and Ticketmaster had bought up all the tickets, I'd do it then. Otherwise, it seems like price gouging to me.

I went to hailstate.com and I hit tickets on the schedule which sent me to ticketmaster. $3.85 order processing fee, $4.00 facility charge per ticket, and $10.25 service fee per ticket. Total $102.35 for two $35 tickets in Tupelo. Maybe I should have just walked up to the ticket office to buy them Sunday since that might have been better.

LittleLebbyZebraPenalties
12-14-2023, 10:43 PM

lol... it does not take $16 worth to transfer a digital code.

a lot of websites would pay YOU for the information ticketmaster collects from you. that's more valuable than the lift to transfer a digital token.

take your 10 yard penalty for holding up human progress and add a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct for supporting price gouging.

DawgFromOxford
12-14-2023, 11:23 PM
I went to hailstate.com and I hit tickets on the schedule which sent me to ticketmaster. $3.85 order processing fee, $4.00 facility charge per ticket, and $10.25 service fee per ticket. Total $102.35 for two $35 tickets in Tupelo. Maybe I should have just walked up to the ticket office to buy them Sunday since that might have been better.

You would still get charged the $102.35 at the ticket office more than likely as they would just process the tickets through TM. Pretty much all major venues have outsourced their ticket sales to TM. Congress is supposedly looking into the monopoly TM has on ticket sales and their fees but I doubt anything will come of it

parabrave
12-14-2023, 11:31 PM
For the biloxi series just go to the Shuckers ticket office day of the game. No TM or other fees. Just got to wait in line.

Medic601
12-15-2023, 06:56 AM
Ticketmasters fees are astronomical - to the point that some artists dont allow their tickets on there.

Sure they have overhead but no where near what they are.

A quick google search shows they sell roughly on average 1.5 million tickets a day. If the average ticket cost is $40 that would put the average fee at $8/ticket which would mean TM would pull in roughly $12-$15 million/day on BS ticket fees. That?s DUMB.

MsuDawg_10
12-15-2023, 09:16 AM
I'm not sure what they charge fo the OOC games for the men at the Hump anymore, but for the Women's games, they are $10 for adults...$5 for kids...no fees. It's quite nice....my only complaint is the food prices....there is a reason there are no lines and nobody is eating food at the games. You would think if they ACTUALLY wanted to fill the arena they would offer family friendly prices.

RocketDawg
12-15-2023, 02:54 PM
You would still get charged the $102.35 at the ticket office more than likely as they would just process the tickets through TM. Pretty much all major venues have outsourced their ticket sales to TM. Congress is supposedly looking into the monopoly TM has on ticket sales and their fees but I doubt anything will come of it

Seems to me like the Bulldog Club and the Athletic Department has a huge excess of employees. Surely a couple of them could operate as ticket handlers and sellers.

As far as I know, season tickets were handled by the university, or the were last time we bought them, and not an outsourcer. There was a $20 mailing fee as I recall, but they sent them overnight FedEx or UPS (not sure why regular mail wouldn't work).

ScoobaDawg
12-15-2023, 02:55 PM
lol... it does not take $16 worth to transfer a digital code.

a lot of websites would pay YOU for the information ticketmaster collects from you. that's more valuable than the lift to transfer a digital token.

take your 10 yard penalty for holding up human progress and add a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct for supporting price gouging.

Everyone say BYE BYE again to Tater....

Ezsoil
12-15-2023, 03:17 PM

I used them to buy a concert ticket and it was 50% in fees .....so yeah I won't buy a ticket from them ...that's my choice as well.

Joebob
12-16-2023, 12:04 AM
I also wonder what TM is doing with all the money they're ripping people off with. Our tickets to a hockey game got lost in the ether last May, and six calls/texts to TM customer service produced nothing but wrong information. Finally had to call parent company Live Nation customer service, and finally got somebody competent and ambitious enough to figure out what had happened to them.

Todd4State
12-16-2023, 04:26 AM
A lot of pro sports teams are doing this too. You used to be able to order tickets through the team's ticket office, now they just dump you at ticketmaster, fees and all.

Yep. The only reason to go to the ticket window nowadays is to pick up the physical tickets. If you want physical tickets.

MLB has an app now and that's basically where you get your tickets sent to. Not sure if Ticketmaster runs it or not but it could be a way to cut out the middle man.

Goldendawg
12-17-2023, 09:40 PM
Update: I learned my lesson about using Hailstate for tickets when it goes through ticketmaster. A family sat right besides us and walked right up to the Tupelo ticket window and paid $35 for $35 tickets. There were no additional fees. I will not do this again unless AC/DC manages to tour and tickets are less than $500 or so LOL.

parabrave
12-17-2023, 10:30 PM
Update: I learned my lesson about using Hailstate for tickets when it goes through ticketmaster. A family sat right besides us and walked right up to the Tupelo ticket window and paid $35 for $35 tickets. There were no additional fees. I will not do this again unless AC/DC manages to tour and tickets are less than $500 or so LOL.

I'm a season ticket holder for the AA team here in Biloxi just so I didn't have to stand in line or pay TM fees. .And that's for all functions at the stadium including the MSU series. But if you have the time to stand in line and usually it's not that bad then do it.

dawgman
12-20-2023, 12:16 PM

And were referred to the Cadence Bank Arena. We got our tickets thru them at a cost of $14 each with no add ons.

Lord McBuckethead
12-20-2023, 05:18 PM
Don't worry, ticketmasters controls the profit margin.