PDA

View Full Version : Temporary ban on transfer rules

Leroy Jenkins
12-14-2023, 08:58 AM
A judge has issued a 14 day suspension of the rule that says a player must sit a year after the first transfer. Stuff could really get crazy if so. It'd be a free for all until December 27th.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GBQHANuWkAEuKWj?format=jpg&name=large

Quaoarsking
12-14-2023, 09:03 AM
College football players should be declared as employees, unionized, and then collectively bargain to establish rules over multi-year contracts. It's the only way to fix this mess and also be fair to the players.

Lord McBuckethead
12-14-2023, 09:17 AM
If I were the players, I wouldn?t allow that to happen. Big pay days right now, and the players have all the power. Why would they agree to that

msstate7
12-14-2023, 09:26 AM
CFB had a nice run. The downward spiral will only pick up steam now

Dawgology
12-14-2023, 09:55 AM
I wonder which blue blood is needing a transfer to be eligible immediately?

FISHDAWG
12-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Next thing you know we will see the portal window abolished and players transferring during the regular season

MrCoachKlein
12-14-2023, 10:03 AM
College football players should be declared as employees, unionized, and then collectively bargain to establish rules over multi-year contracts. It's the only way to fix this mess and also be fair to the players.

unionized, "fixed" lmao

LC Dawg
12-14-2023, 10:15 AM
I always figured that the next step would be eliminating having to sit out. Did a player sue to make this happen?
Also, does this mean if someone has already transferred that they can transfer for the next 14 days and not have to sit out even if the rule doesn't change after the 14 days?

Quaoarsking
12-14-2023, 10:20 AM
unionized, "fixed" lmao

Yes? Imagine how much worse pro sports would be without unions.

Leroy Jenkins
12-14-2023, 10:23 AM
Also, does this mean if someone has already transferred that they can transfer for the next 14 days and not have to sit out even if the rule doesn't change after the 14 days?

Thats the intent, yes.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2023, 11:21 AM
Next thing you know we will see the portal window abolished and players transferring during the regular season

I read that you can transfer in Florida high schools mid season and be immediately eligible. One kid transferred to play in the playoffs. Can anyone confirm?

Commercecomet24
12-14-2023, 11:58 AM
It's not college sports anymore, it's just another pro league

Dawgology
12-14-2023, 12:10 PM
It's not college sports anymore, it's just another pro league

It’s not even pro league. Pro’s have guide rails to keep the whole thing from collapsing. College doesn’t. The courts are about to ruin college sports forever unless someone takes control. It’s unfortunate for the kids that actually want a college education.

Quaoarsking
12-14-2023, 12:24 PM
It’s not even pro league. Pro’s have guide rails to keep the whole thing from collapsing. College doesn’t. The courts are about to ruin college sports forever unless someone takes control. It’s unfortunate for the kids that actually want a college education.

Exactly. An NFL-like setup with contracts, salary caps, and collective bargain is the only way to save college football.

Coursesuper
12-14-2023, 12:56 PM

Its really not that simple, you really have to look back to when all the $$$ started flowing into collegiate athletics 20 years ago. If instead of paying over inflated salaries to everyone involved at the highest levels and spending that money as is was intended back to the institutions this problem might not be so out of control as it is now. The $$ the athletes are getting still isn't in proportion to the huge sums of $$$ flowing in. The greed of the blue bloods and their desire to want to dominate at any cost without regard for the outcome is exactly why we are where we are now. And this isn't going to get fixed until the entire thing breaks down.

Extendedcab
12-14-2023, 04:07 PM
I'm with you CS, I think college athletics will crumble to the ground (or spun off to a semi/pro league) before it will get fixed - returned to amateur status.

Commercecomet24
12-14-2023, 05:27 PM

I meant pro only in the sense they're getting paid. What we have now is a giant cluster. The only thing pro about is they're getting paid,the structure is a disaster.

TheLostDawg
12-14-2023, 05:35 PM
Time for a draft

Ranchdawg
12-14-2023, 06:11 PM
Just wait! The have nots in the SEC have no chance. None. Notta. To play for a Natty even if you play in the playoffs. The talent disparity will be just too much. Oh but Georgia, Bama, LSU etc. love it because they have built in wins to pad their win/loss. No thanks! I think I?ll spend my Saturdays with my family doing other activities. They have completely ruined college sports except for a few.

Coursesuper
12-14-2023, 06:29 PM
Just wait! The have nots in the SEC have no chance. None. Notta. To play for a Natty even if you play in the playoffs. The talent disparity will be just too much. Oh but Georgia, Bama, LSU etc. love it because they have built in wins to pad their win/loss. No thanks! I think I?ll spend my Saturdays with my family doing other activities. They have completely ruined college sports except for a few.

Are you just now figuring this out? WOW no way.

DownwardDawg
12-15-2023, 01:44 AM
CFB had a nice run. The downward spiral will only pick up steam now

Sadly, my family is an example of what's happening now. I'm 56. I still love college football even though I hate what's happening to it. My wife despises it now. My 24 year old son hasn't watched a game in two years. My daughter and son in law no longer watch and my granddaughter doesn't care about football at all.

I know not everyone is like this, but talking to people at work tells me this is becoming more common now.

Extendedcab
12-15-2023, 10:45 AM
Sadly, my family is an example of what's happening now. I'm 56. I still love college football even though I hate what's happening to it. My wife despises it now. My 24 year old son hasn't watched a game in two years. My daughter and son in law no longer watch and my granddaughter doesn't care about football at all.

I know not everyone is like this, but talking to people at work tells me this is becoming more common now.

My family is similar to yours. Out of six (me, wife and 4 sons), I am the only one that watches college sports and my interest is waning very quickly given the current state.

SPMT
12-15-2023, 11:13 AM
My family is similar to yours. Out of six (me, wife and 4 sons), I am the only one that watches college sports and my interest is waning very quickly given the current state.

There re many like this

confucius say
12-15-2023, 12:32 PM
But tv ratings are higher than ever correct?

DownwardDawg
12-15-2023, 12:44 PM

Not sure that's "real". I've grown to not believe anything these days. Especially if it's on the news, internet, or tv.

Dawgology
12-15-2023, 01:41 PM

That?s what they say?.I think maybe the blue bloods are getting higher ratings but the other 95 teams are not

Coursesuper
12-15-2023, 02:59 PM
Not sure that's "real". I've grown to not believe anything these days. Especially if it's on the news, internet, or tv.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!