PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt Lebby Offense Breakdown I

Todd4State
12-14-2023, 01:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bruaf-Nesyw

I really like seeing all of the passing! Very simple concepts that are effective. Lots of play action. Some deep shots. I like the stack formations- shoutout to Archie Cooley. I like how the have their bunch sets away from the formation compared to last year. LOVE the wide receiver splits. Chris Parson is going to be ridiculous in this offense with the read option game built in with all of the passing. Speaking of that I like how they use the QB run but at the same time I don't feel like it's what everything is built around like Dan's offense which to me IMO we probably ran the QB too much. QB runs seem to be an ancillary and they do it when they have the numbers to do so- like motion the back out of the backfield and cause the defense to pull defenders out so they have numbers.

The biggest thing I like was the tempo. I have wanted MSU to have an offense that ran a lot of tempo for awhile now and we finally have it! I know Dan and Leach ran some here and there but it wasn't the norm. Ironically, when Wyatt was talking about going fast on offense it made me think about some of the comebacks he had as a QB in 1999. Really the best our offense looked that year BY FAR was when we ran two minute drill. I have long wondered if that team should have just ran two minute drill the whole time. Might have gone undefeated that year. I like how tempo gives you the opportunity to score quickly and since you are going faster you get to run more plays which leads to more points. I think it helps with comebacks too because if you run tempo a lot then a two minute drill is normal.

There may be a one year adjustment period with this offense but once it is installed I think it's going to be fun to watch!

coachnorm
12-14-2023, 11:58 AM
https://twitter.com/thewinningdiff1/status/1733459611158548922

Matt Wyatt has served a good purpose on ED. He has educated many in the past and I enjoy his contribution to elitedoggers. In spite of all the positives that I have stated, Matt has failed to contribute some content to the ED knowledge base.

There is a stubbornness thru ought the coaching profession high school thru NFL football in regards to match-up football. This is stated by the Pittsburg Steelers head coach Tomlin. He stated “It’s not what you know, it’s what you’re willing to implement”. This statement has major weight because a coach with half the knowledge can dominate his senior by outproducing thru implementation. The senior coach could have outdated knowledge that dilutes his offense.

We all see the major college football games coast to coast; we all see the NFL coast to coast. Now with the internet we can watch the major high school football games either live or archived coast to coast. In the 2020s even upper tiered high school football programs have implemented match-up passing which has been a difference maker in Los Angeles, San Diego, Atlanta, and DFW the high school football that I STUDY.

Remember, the SPREAD OFFENSE has similar data points known by the football coaching profession coast to coast. The same can be said about the AIR Raid or Pro passing attack thus there are no secrets. Based on my allegations, what does schematic perfection bring to the game when upper tiered coaches have learned the schemes on the defensive side of the ball?

A scheme is a static reference to start the offense, match-ups drive the offense more that a schematic evolution play by play. I wish Matt Wyatt would bring this profound concept to ED.