bulldawg28
12-13-2023, 09:05 PM
Go get him Lebby!

chef dixon
12-13-2023, 09:14 PM
Not sure he would start over Shapen in reality and probably costs a huge bag

preachermatt83
12-13-2023, 09:16 PM
Shapen is better. Why can y’all not understand Shapen is our qb. And he’s a dang good one. Good grief

Turfdawg67
12-13-2023, 09:58 PM
Shapen is better. Why can y’all not understand Shapen is our qb. And he’s a dang good one. Good grief

Good grief, maybe because Murphy has 3 years remaining while Shapen has one? You're right, our fanbase is full of ignorant posters...

msstate7
12-13-2023, 10:06 PM
Good grief, maybe because Murphy has 3 years remaining while Shapen has one? You're right, our fanbase is full of ignorant posters...

And Murphy is better

preachermatt83
12-13-2023, 10:07 PM

So we are gonna pay a million dollars for a back up qb? When parsons is just as proven as this cat? And have a kid committed just as good for next year. Just stop.

preachermatt83
12-13-2023, 10:07 PM
And Murphy is better

He’s the third team qb at Texas

preachermatt83
12-13-2023, 10:08 PM
And Murphy is better
Than who??

msstate7
12-13-2023, 10:14 PM
Than who??

Than anyone on our team

RockyDog
12-13-2023, 10:43 PM
So we are gonna pay a million dollars for a back up qb? When parsons is just as proven as this cat? And have a kid committed just as good for next year. Just stop.

Y’all gotta stop with this Parson love fest. He doesn’t need to see the field next year.

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2023, 10:49 PM
Yall want to take a kid that won?t even play in the playoffs with his team? That he got to start for? And PAY for him?

preachermatt83
12-13-2023, 10:50 PM
Y’all gotta stop with this Parson love fest. He doesn’t need to see the field next year.

I agree. And he won’t. Neither would Murphy. Shapen is hands down our starting qb next year.

bulldawg28
12-13-2023, 10:51 PM
Yall want to take a kid that won?t even play in the playoffs with his team? That he got to start for? And PAY for him?

Yep

preachermatt83
12-13-2023, 10:51 PM
Than anyone on our team

How in the world would you know if he’s better than shapen . There is zero evidence of that. He’s not proven. Shapen is

preachermatt83
12-13-2023, 10:52 PM
Yep

Lol. That’s awful

bulldawg28
12-13-2023, 10:52 PM

Shapen isn't better than Murphy.

bulldawg28
12-13-2023, 10:55 PM
Lol. That’s awful

A 6'6 230 athletic freak that's a legit 5 star vs a guy that has 5000 yards in his career ? Did you watch Murphy play this year?

bulldawg28
12-13-2023, 10:58 PM
He’s the third team qb at Texas

He was the backup

confucius say
12-13-2023, 10:59 PM
A 6'6 230 athletic freak that's a legit 5 star vs a guy that has 5000 yards in his career ? Did you watch Murphy play this year?

He was a 5 star?

preachermatt83
12-13-2023, 11:16 PM

Yes. I did. He’s not very impressive

msstate7
12-13-2023, 11:18 PM
How in the world would you know if he?s better than shapen . There is zero evidence of that. He?s not proven. Shapen is

I certainly could be wrong, but I bet most coaches agree with me... I think Murphy will be much more pursued

jimbo352
12-13-2023, 11:31 PM
He doesn't seem like the type of QB Lebby wants.... I think he's a pretty good qb, but Shapen is exactly the type of qb that runs Lebby's offense. Shapen is going to be the guy me thinks. I watched Malik this year, he's a pocket passer. Does not run.

preachermatt83
12-13-2023, 11:54 PM
He doesn't seem like the type of QB Lebby wants.... I think he's a pretty good qb, but Shapen is exactly the type of qb that runs Lebby's offense. Shapen is going to be the guy me thinks. I watched Malik this year, he's a pocket passer. Does not run.

I agree with this

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2023, 06:42 AM
Yep

Why

bulldawg28
12-14-2023, 07:48 AM
Why

Tools and intangibles. I think Shapen is a solid pickup but Murphy has abilities that Shapen doesn't.

bulldawg28
12-14-2023, 07:53 AM
He was a 5 star?

I was incorrect. He was a 4 star 93 rating by 247

Pancho
12-14-2023, 07:58 AM
sounds like a good competitive option. Ohio State had Joe Burrow stand on the sidelines for several years due to some intangibles from his competition.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-14-2023, 08:04 AM
College football is screwed. Due to the lack of control on this portal crap and rules that are just thrown together, a player is leaving a PLAYOFF team before the playoffs. But he has to due to deadlines. Ridiculous.

Dawgface
12-14-2023, 08:13 AM
Y?all gotta stop with this Parson love fest. He doesn?t need to see the field next year.

Matt Wyatt said don't be surprised if Parson starts next year. He said this just a couple of days ago on his podcast. I hope he indeed progresses a lot in the Spring and off season but Shapen looks like the clear starter at this point.

confucius say
12-14-2023, 08:33 AM
I would be shocked if parson is the starter absent injury

Turfdawg67
12-14-2023, 09:07 AM
I would be shocked if parson is the starter absent injury

Why is everyone down on Parson? He could be great in Lebby's offense.

Cowbell
12-14-2023, 09:25 AM

I don't get it either. Dak sucked as a freshman

msstate7
12-14-2023, 09:38 AM

The fact we are after qbs isn't exactly a vote of confidence for the kid

msumudcat
12-14-2023, 09:50 AM

I think we are after quarterbacks because that position always needs intense competition. We don?t have enough sample size on Parson to hand him the keys. Having said that, I think he has a legit shot to win the job this coming season. There is some ?It? factor when you watch him play.

Johnson85
12-14-2023, 10:01 AM

I don't think grabbing a QB with one year of eligibility is a knock on Parson when he is going to be a RS freshman and we don't really have much else in the QB room. I doubt Lebby has any idea of whether Parson can start or not next year but even if he thought Parson would start, he'd still need to go get the best QB he can just because we need a backup.

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2023, 10:56 AM

Did you just say Parson is as proven as Malik Murphy? I think you did, and it scares me. I mean holy hell.

msstate7
12-14-2023, 11:19 AM
I don't think grabbing a QB with one year of eligibility is a knock on Parson when he is going to be a RS freshman and we don't really have much else in the QB room. I doubt Lebby has any idea of whether Parson can start or not next year but even if he thought Parson would start, he'd still need to go get the best QB he can just because we need a backup.

We want(ed) multiple transfer qbs. That tells me Lebby doesn't think parson is an option for next season.

SmokeyDawg
12-14-2023, 11:44 AM
We want(ed) multiple transfer qbs. That tells me Lebby doesn't think parson is an option for next season.

Our QB room was slim, we were adding a transfer qb no matter what. You can't roll into a season with only a redshirt freshman, and a true freshman. It's not a knock on anyone.

msstate7
12-14-2023, 11:50 AM
Our QB room was slim, we were adding a transfer qb no matter what. You can't roll into a season with only a redshirt freshman, and a true freshman. It's not a knock on anyone.

Right, but we want another qb still.

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2023, 11:57 AM

If you want to win 7-8 games next year, you can't just hope that Parson makes a huge jump behind a rebuilt OL.

You have to find someone that has been successful on a P5 level, which Shapen has done. I think he will be good. How good is the question. I think Murphy could be dynamic in a Lebby offense. If you have watched Murphy play and can't imagine him in a Lebby offense, I think you are missing out.

StarkVegasSteve
12-14-2023, 12:33 PM
And Murphy is better

It would be an interesting competition. I think Shapen wins it because he does what we want to do really well. Some folks opinions are skewed by the Baylor stuff. Aranda and Co. were not putting him in a position to thrive schematically. I have heard that from multiple people all over the industry. This is a guy that was highly thought of coming out of HS but kind of flew under the radar because it was assumed he was going pro in baseball.

I would still bring in Murphy, if he wants to come, and he can probably win your job in 25 and you have a quality backup if Shapen goes down. Which is not out of the realm of possibility with his injury history.

StarkVegasSteve
12-14-2023, 12:34 PM

I do not think most are down on him. We just realize he is not ready. Dak was not in 2012 and honestly was not really ready in 13 but Mullen can scheme better than anyone so he schemed to what Dak was successful with.

DownwardDawg
12-14-2023, 12:40 PM
I do not think most are down on him. We just realize he is not ready. Dak was not in 2012 and honestly was not really ready in 13 but Mullen can scheme better than anyone so he schemed to what Dak was successful with.

I agree. Parson needs a year in Lebby's offense to learn and I'm betting Lebby will get him game time experience throughout the season much better than the last hammerheads did.

preachermatt83
12-14-2023, 01:25 PM
Did you just say Parson is as proven as Malik Murphy? I think you did, and it scares me. I mean holy hell.

The point is , Murphy has proven literally nothing either.

Leroy Jenkins
12-14-2023, 02:55 PM
Unless Dan Marino and Tom Brady have a baby, I'm done with immobile QBs.

preachermatt83
12-14-2023, 03:40 PM
Unless Dan Marino and Tom Brady have a baby, I'm done with immobile QBs.

Absolutely agree!!!

preachermatt83
12-14-2023, 03:41 PM
It would be an interesting competition. I think Shapen wins it because he does what we want to do really well. Some folks opinions are skewed by the Baylor stuff. Aranda and Co. were not putting him in a position to thrive schematically. I have heard that from multiple people all over the industry. This is a guy that was highly thought of coming out of HS but kind of flew under the radar because it was assumed he was going pro in baseball.

I would still bring in Murphy, if he wants to come, and he can probably win your job in 25 and you have a quality backup if Shapen goes down. Which is not out of the realm of possibility with his injury history.

I don’t disagree. But that goes back to my point, you can’t pay big money like he will require, for a backup. We have to be smart with our money

bulldawg28
12-14-2023, 03:45 PM
I don’t disagree. But that goes back to my point, you can’t pay big money like he will require, for a backup. We have to be smart with our money

If he comes here he'll start.

Homedawg
12-14-2023, 03:51 PM

I agree he would be the starter. But he's not coming here.

bulldawg28
12-14-2023, 03:55 PM

Why are you trying to ruin my hopes, lol.

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2023, 04:09 PM

Do you think we are done in the portal for QB? I keep hearing we are unless we are able to land a clear upgrade over Shapen.

msstate7
12-14-2023, 04:14 PM
Do you think we are done in the portal for QB? I keep hearing we are unless we are able to land a clear upgrade over Shapen.

I don't like the idea of double dipping on transfer qbs unless a stud fell in our lap for below market value. Just upgrade oline and dline with our money

StarkVegasSteve
12-14-2023, 04:17 PM
I don't like the idea of double dipping on transfer qbs unless a stud fell in our lap for below market value. Just upgrade oline and dline with our money

We need another WR or two and one more OL but after that we need to turn all our attention to the defensive side of the ball.

Turfdawg67
12-14-2023, 05:39 PM

There's not a whole lot Lebby can watch to feel confident with him at this point. Of course you want to bring in a veteran that has plenty of tape and experience. Maybe Parson just needs another year under his belt and some Lebby coaching?

Turfdawg67
12-14-2023, 05:40 PM

Yes, and coach Parson up. He was a 4*, lest we forget.

99jc
12-14-2023, 06:33 PM
Yes, and coach Parson up. He was a 4*, lest we forget.

Parson is the real deal don't let that one game under Arnett fool you. We have an absolute stud in him.

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2023, 07:16 PM

Hes not leaving a playoff team as a back up to come be a back up. He would leave as soon as he didn?t get the job. The kid is literally bailing on his team who is playing for a natty and it?s not like he didn?t get to play. I?m out

bulldawg28
12-14-2023, 07:20 PM
Hes not leaving a playoff team as a back up to come be a back up. He would leave as soon as he didn?t get the job. The kid is literally bailing on his team who is playing for a natty and it?s not like he didn?t get to play. I?m out

Teams are signing Qb's he has to leave now to get on the team of his choice. He had no choice and if that's the reason "you're out", it's pretty weak.

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2023, 07:25 PM
Teams are signing Qb's he has to leave now to get on the team of his choice. He had no choice and if that's the reason "you're out", it's pretty weak.

So he had no choice to leave his team that is playing for a national championship after starting multiple games for them?

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2023, 07:26 PM
If he will leave the with a natty on the line he wont think twice about it the first time he doesnt get to run out there first in team during practice

bulldawg28
12-14-2023, 07:30 PM
If he will leave the with a natty on the line he wont think twice about it the first time he doesnt get to run out there first in team during practice

If that were the case he would have left when the starter transferred from Ohio state and when the Manning kid was signed.

ZedFedder
12-14-2023, 07:37 PM
Sark had high praises for him.

preachermatt83
12-14-2023, 08:59 PM

No

preachermatt83
12-14-2023, 09:00 PM

Absolutely agree

preachermatt83
12-14-2023, 09:00 PM
Parson is the real deal don't let that one game under Arnett fool you. We have an absolute stud in him.

Facts!

Homedawg
12-14-2023, 09:08 PM

Initially the intent was to try to get two. At this point, not sure how attainable that is. Not saying we wouldn't take the right guy but.

Coach34
12-14-2023, 09:19 PM
We have our guy- gonna be extremely hard to pull another of substance. I dont understand why this is hard to figure out

CaptainObvious
12-14-2023, 09:46 PM
I am detecting another set of QB Groupies beginning to form a posse on this board. But this time for a QB who has likely 1 year, therefore 1 Spring to assert himself as the heir apparent to the previous Groupie leader.

ZedFedder
12-14-2023, 09:50 PM
We have our guy- gonna be extremely hard to pull another of substance. I dont understand why this is hard to figure out

You are correct. I was in the two good QBs camp early on, but logically it just makes sense.

Homedawg
12-14-2023, 09:56 PM
Don't worry whoever starts we will have half the bird clamoring for the backup by the third game. At the latest

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2023, 10:10 PM
Tools and intangibles. I think Shapen is a solid pickup but Murphy has abilities that Shapen doesn't.

Maybe our definition of intangibles is different but idk how I would feel about a player coming in that bailed on his team before the natty coming in trying to lead me and get me to follow him

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2023, 10:12 PM
If that were the case he would have left when the starter transferred from Ohio state and when the Manning kid was signed.

Thats a fair point

confucius say
12-14-2023, 10:54 PM
So he had no choice to leave his team that is playing for a national championship after starting multiple games for them?

If he doesn't leave now he risk pulling a Spivey. Or at the very least not being at his new team in the spring.

Probably not what I would do, but I can't blame him. He has to move now if he wants to find a landing spot for next year.

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2023, 12:03 AM
If he doesn't leave now he risk pulling a Spivey. Or at the very least not being at his new team in the spring.

Probably not what I would do, but I can't blame him. He has to move now if he wants to find a landing spot for next year.

Or, and hear me out here, be a good teammate and stay

Pancho
12-15-2023, 07:59 AM
I am detecting another set of QB Groupies beginning to form a posse on this board. But this time for a QB who has likely 1 year, therefore 1 Spring to assert himself as the heir apparent to the previous Groupie leader.

oh lort, what on earth

confucius say
12-15-2023, 08:49 AM
Or, and hear me out here, be a good teammate and stay

You want him to do what's best for the 2023 Texas team above all else, even if it is to the detriment of his 2024 season and chance to make the nfl.

msstate7
12-15-2023, 09:37 AM
The fact he's leaving tells me he's been informed it's Mannings' team next year. No problem with him looking out for himself

confucius say
12-15-2023, 09:40 AM
The fact he's leaving tells me he's been informed it's Mannings' team next year. No problem with him looking out for himself

Ewers gone?

msstate7
12-15-2023, 09:58 AM
Ewers gone?
Hell, he's been projected 1st round all year, so I just assumed he would. With the money they make now, maybe not. I would though... mid to late 1st round is usually good team

bulldawg28
12-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Ewers is coming back

msstate7
12-15-2023, 10:11 AM
Ewers is coming back

Wow, good for Texas. All the more reason for Murphy to find a spot

mo7888
12-15-2023, 10:20 AM

I expect one more... not Murphy though...

CoachT14
12-15-2023, 10:22 AM
It's really funny watching Bucky get all up in a tizzy about Murphy transferring, but hasn't said a word about Will transferring. It's not the same situation, but it's similar enough that you need to be consistent. But of course he can't be unbiased.

CaptainObvious
12-15-2023, 10:22 AM
oh lort, what on earth

We need defense, defense, defense!!!

Homedawg
12-15-2023, 02:06 PM
It's really funny watching Bucky get all up in a tizzy about Murphy transferring, but hasn't said a word about Will transferring. It's not the same situation, but it's similar enough that you need to be consistent. But of course he can't be unbiased.

To be fair the situations aren't remotely equal. Will isn't leaving a team during the playoffs. Bucky hasn't bashed Murphy for leaving, it's the timing of his leaving he's bashed.

chef dixon
12-15-2023, 02:10 PM
Not shitting on Murphy but we do have our guy. And he's solid for a transition year given all the programs we are competing against and the current state our program was left in

bulldawg28
12-15-2023, 02:35 PM
Wow, good for Texas. All the more reason for Murphy to find a spot

Exactly