PDA

View Full Version : Is this real: Will Rogers as a Washington Husky

The Federalist Engineer
12-12-2023, 08:50 PM
Looks like Washington likes him very much. Enough to entertain a package deal.

https://saturdayoutwest.com/washington-huskies/will-rogers-joquavious-marks-set-to-visit-playoff-team/

chef dixon
12-12-2023, 09:07 PM
He has a shot to do decent if all the parts around him are strong, but my first thought for a current playoff team is yikes

BlackSailsDawg
12-12-2023, 09:17 PM
Looks like Washington likes him very much. Enough to entertain a package deal.

https://saturdayoutwest.com/washington-huskies/will-rogers-joquavious-marks-set-to-visit-playoff-team/

Yes. Woody is visiting UW with Rogers.

memsu06
12-12-2023, 11:29 PM
Softer PAC12 defenses and I bet Will and Woody shine there.

I'm really interested to see how this pans out.

DragonDawgZ
12-12-2023, 11:50 PM
Would be happy for the guy and be a U dub fan next year if he?s in the mix

tribaldawg
12-13-2023, 12:09 AM

I can?t imagine their fans being even remotely excited about Will being their QB. If we were about to play for a national championship and we are looking at two key parts of a team that didn?t make a bowl for our hopes next year we would losing our minds.

Jarius
12-13-2023, 01:17 AM

Washington isn’t in the pac 12 after this year. Will can be decent with them, but I doubt Washington is going to be ok with decent. If he thought our fans were harsh then I’d hate to know what that group’s going to think about a fanbase that expects to go to the playoffs.

DeltaChicagoDog
12-13-2023, 04:24 AM
Every team needs a solid backup option. Just like we did when we took Jack Abraham a couple years ago.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-13-2023, 05:33 AM
They are losing Penix and the guy that was the starter before Penix so they are probably looking for 2 QBs.

AROB44
12-13-2023, 06:49 AM
Would be happy for the guy and be a U dub fan next year if he?s in the mix

Exactly.....me too.

SailingDawg
12-13-2023, 07:46 AM
We'll see them both in the playoffs next year.

msstate7
12-13-2023, 08:42 AM
We'll see them both in the playoffs next year.this is sort of a hot take... they go to big10 next year. I think it's gonna be a hell of a transition year to a much more physical conference

MsuDawg_10
12-13-2023, 09:13 AM
the b10 will be no cake walk...Oregon will be very strong coming in next year as well.

DesotoDog1967
12-13-2023, 09:20 AM
Come on Will, go out there and win it!

Todd4State
12-13-2023, 09:23 AM
Washington isn’t in the pac 12 after this year. Will can be decent with them, but I doubt Washington is going to be ok with decent. If he thought our fans were harsh then I’d hate to know what that group’s going to think about a fanbase that expects to go to the playoffs.

They're not that intense about college football up there.

If anything their fans are smarter than ours.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-13-2023, 09:43 AM

Lol I wonder if they have as many fans who aren't college coaches who think they're smarter than other people who aren't college coaches and tell other people where to spend their money.

viverlibre
12-13-2023, 09:56 AM
T

That's an extremely low bar, likely the lowest in CFB.

viverlibre
12-13-2023, 09:58 AM
I hope he balls out and does well. One of my issues with Will is he wouldn't force the ball down field and take chances. Obviously he didn't want to risk INTs. Hopefully they can coach him into be more of a risk taker.

Coursesuper
12-13-2023, 10:03 AM

Way more to do there.

Saltydog
12-13-2023, 10:11 AM
Uhhh, the Pac 12 no longer exists. They will be in the Big 10. Big difference.

BlackSailsDawg
12-13-2023, 10:43 AM
I hope he balls out and does well. One of my issues with Will is he wouldn't force the ball down field and take chances. Obviously he didn't want to risk INTs. Hopefully they can coach him into be more of a risk taker.

The problem was no Polk.

Coach34
12-13-2023, 11:11 AM
After getting DJ- the focus is probably Woody and they said- sure Rogers can come also.

BlackSailsDawg
12-13-2023, 11:19 AM
After getting DJ- the focus is probably Woody and they said- sure Rogers can come also.

Wrong. But you know that and need to continue you BS.

Dogbone
12-13-2023, 11:39 AM

DB34 has no clue. Best Mississippi State troll on this board.

BlackSailsDawg
12-13-2023, 11:41 AM
T

DB34 has no clue. Best Mississippi State troll on this board.

Yep

Coach34
12-13-2023, 11:51 AM
T DB34 has no clue. .

Remind me what big name QB we have signed for next year? Just 10 days ago KJ Jefferson was 5-6 on our list and not good enough for us

Dogbone
12-13-2023, 11:54 AM
Remind me what big name QB we have signed for next year? Just 10 days ago KJ Jefferson was 5-6 on our list and not good enough for us

DB34 a trolling fool. Can’t say anything good about our program.

BlackSailsDawg
12-13-2023, 11:56 AM

Lebby got what he he wanted for his offense. Not your offense. His.

msstate7
12-13-2023, 11:57 AM
The mania here was something

coachnorm
12-13-2023, 12:10 PM
Did Rogers all of a sudden get arm strength to throw deep? Did Rogers all of a sudden get courage to throw in the pocket? Did Rogers all of a sudden learn to throw up field instead of tossing check downs and screen passes? Good luck Washington on trying to unring the bell.

BlackSailsDawg
12-13-2023, 12:44 PM
Did Rogers all of a sudden get arm strength to throw deep? Did Rogers all of a sudden get courage to throw in the pocket? Did Rogers all of a sudden learn to throw up field instead of tossing check downs and screen passes? Good luck Washington on trying to unring the bell.

Why lie? What purpose does it serve?

Coach34
12-13-2023, 12:55 PM
let's see where he ends up. Then we can have this discussion

parabrave
12-13-2023, 02:07 PM

I thought you were talking about Derek Carr for a second/

RockyDog
12-13-2023, 02:10 PM
Why lie? What purpose does it serve?

There's a lie in there? Come on Wyatt

BlackSailsDawg
12-13-2023, 03:22 PM
There's a lie in there? Come on Wyatt

It's ok Ms Barbay. Your husband will find a job.

klong-dog
12-13-2023, 06:05 PM
Would feel Will and Woody would thrive a lot more if they were still going to be in the Pac10, not so much in the Big10.

EdwardDrayton
12-13-2023, 06:19 PM

Sad but true

CaptainObvious
12-13-2023, 06:43 PM
When has MSU ever signed a Big Name QB?

Costello?

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2023, 06:50 PM

Who will all yall blame your flat tires and spilled coffee on?? Damn I guess yall won?t get to root against Western Kentucky either.

The tuff gang has had a tuff year

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2023, 06:52 PM
let's see where he ends up. Then we can have this discussion

You are holding the L either way. Its coral gables or Seattle. Tuff

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2023, 06:54 PM

Wins? Check. Records? Check. Ring ring. And did all of that with no word salads

Churchill
12-13-2023, 07:03 PM

Costello?

John Bond .

Dawgface
12-13-2023, 07:25 PM
John Bond .

Only SEC QB to beat LSU 4 straight years.

Coach34
12-13-2023, 07:34 PM
You are holding the L either way. Its coral gables or Seattle. Tuff

Oh I hope so. I want him to show the world how awesome he is next year

schddog72
12-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Way more to do there.

IF you like rain and can avoid being mugged or murdered in broad daylight. Seattle, as with typical democrat administration, is a cesspool that residents are leaving in droves.

Jarius
12-13-2023, 11:35 PM

They fill up that 70K stadium a lot more than we fill up our 62K one.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2023, 01:52 AM

Costello?

Rodney Hudson

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2023, 06:56 AM
Rodney Hudson

Good old Rodney. I was so excited when he signed - I'd seen him play in HS and he looked like a sure thing....

CoachT14
12-14-2023, 07:51 AM
Washington will go from playoff contender to 3-4 loss team with Rogers at the helm. That's reality. In his 4 years here, we won 1 game of significance because of him, Auburn 2021. Otherwise, we won games usually in spite of his poor play against good defenses.

He will be slightly better with Debeor than he was this year, because Barbay is god awful, but he won't touch anywhere close to what he did with Leach. Hope he thanks Leach every night for his accolades, otherwise he wouldn't have them. I hate to even say it like that but the Will Fan Club caused this and that's something they'll never understand. They have made things 10x worse because to them, Will Rogers is an infallible football player. He can never do anything wrong on the football field and is the most perfect football player to ever play the game.

1. Will Rogers under throws a WR... The WR sucks and should have known he would do that.
2. Will Rogers throws a ball behind the WR running a crossing route and barely drops the ball... The WR sucks he should catch that ball 5 yards behind him when he's running 18+ mph.
3. Will Rogers takes a sack because he ran backwards 20 yards... The OL didn't block for 10 seconds they suck.

I can keep going. The excuses have been rampant for 4 years with him and his entourage, it's gotten old and has been old. Good luck to him and his fan bois maybe they will root for UW from now on and leave State along. Thank you for being a great example regardless.

There's a reason advanced QB stats can show the real Will Rogers. He's had one of the best OLs in the SEC statistically for the last 3 years (until this year, thanks Friend) and one of the best Receiver cores in the SEC with the drop rate (relative to the number of passes thrown, top half of the SEC every year, number 2 this year). Despite those 2 things, Will has continued to fold against good defenses and his stats against defenses the last 4 years against defenses that are in the Top 85 (not even the top 50) are abysmal.

RiverCityDawg
12-14-2023, 08:32 AM
Washington will go from playoff contender to 3-4 loss team with Rogers at the helm. That's reality. In his 4 years here, we won 1 game of significance because of him, Auburn 2021. Otherwise, we won games usually in spite of his poor play against good defenses.

He will be slightly better with Debeor than he was this year, because Barbay is god awful, but he won't touch anywhere close to what he did with Leach. Hope he thanks Leach every night for his accolades, otherwise he wouldn't have them. I hate to even say it like that but the Will Fan Club caused this and that's something they'll never understand. They have made things 10x worse because to them, Will Rogers is an infallible football player. He can never do anything wrong on the football field and is the most perfect football player to ever play the game.

1. Will Rogers under throws a WR... The WR sucks and should have known he would do that.
2. Will Rogers throws a ball behind the WR running a crossing route and barely drops the ball... The WR sucks he should catch that ball 5 yards behind him when he's running 18+ mph.
3. Will Rogers takes a sack because he ran backwards 20 yards... The OL didn't block for 10 seconds they suck.

I can keep going. The excuses have been rampant for 4 years with him and his entourage, it's gotten old and has been old. Good luck to him and his fan bois maybe they will root for UW from now on and leave State along. Thank you for being a great example regardless.

There's a reason advanced QB stats can show the real Will Rogers. He's had one of the best OLs in the SEC statistically for the last 3 years (until this year, thanks Friend) and one of the best Receiver cores in the SEC with the drop rate (relative to the number of passes thrown, top half of the SEC every year, number 2 this year). Despite those 2 things, Will has continued to fold against good defenses and his stats against defenses the last 4 years against defenses that are in the Top 85 (not even the top 50) are abysmal.

I'll never understand the weak-mindedness required to root against your own team's player because other people want to defend him. That's what you just said here and it makes no sense to me.

You make some good fair points about Will, but you're completely disregarding the good fair points that would demonstrate that Will was a pretty good player and leader for us, especially until his HC and OC got sick to the point of eventual death. The 2021 season was a very good QB performance and despite regressing in 2022, he still led us to 9 wins despite tough circumstances. He had a shite egg bowl in 2022 and I'm convinced a lot of people think of that every time they think of him. Despite everything turning to crap in 2023 through no fault of the players, he still graded as our second best offensive player when healthy, according to PFF.

Why we can't be down the middle on Will instead of one of the two extremes, I'll never know. It's not his fault he was our best QB by far the entire time he was here. It's not his fault he's slow. We would have been REALLY screwed without him. I'm glad he's moving on though and we're going to have someone more mobile going forward, but I do hope he does well as long as he isn't in the SEC. I don't see why any of our fans would feel differently, but I know there are MANY that will be actively rooting against him and will show up here to say so anytime he might have a bad game next year. And that's just weird to me. It's even weirder to blame that mindset on the State folks who defend him.

Coursesuper
12-14-2023, 09:17 AM
IF you like rain and can avoid being mugged or murdered in broad daylight. Seattle, as with typical democrat administration, is a cesspool that residents are leaving in droves.

Says someone that's obviously never spent any time there. I happen to really like it there, sorry their culture doesn't jive with yours. I kind of like spending the afternoon brewery hopping in Ballard or playing golf or just hanging around the lake or running over the islands. Seattle and surrounding areas actually have had and are still experiencing population growth while our fair state is continuing to lose population and worse the brain drain continues with population with higher education are leaving faster than others.

Dawgology
12-14-2023, 10:01 AM
Says someone that's obviously never spent any time there. I happen to really like it there, sorry their culture doesn't jive with yours. I kind of like spending the afternoon brewery hopping in Ballard or playing golf or just hanging around the lake or running over the islands. Seattle and surrounding areas actually have had and are still experiencing population growth while our fair state is continuing to lose population and worse the brain drain continues with population with higher education are leaving faster than others.

I go to Seattle regularly to see family. The surrounding area is beautiful and we LOVE it. Bainbridge, Poulsbo, Port Gamble, the Olympic Peninsula all the way over to the Hoh Rainforest. We love it. We UsED to go into Seattle a couple times per visit but the last few years we?ve avoided it. It?s gotten really bad. Dangerous as well. It?s sad.

Coursesuper
12-14-2023, 10:11 AM
I go to Seattle regularly to see family. The surrounding area is beautiful and we LOVE it. Bainbridge, Poulsbo, Port Gamble, the Olympic Peninsula all the way over to the Hoh Rainforest. We love it. We UsED to go into Seattle a couple times per visit but the last few years we?ve avoided it. It?s gotten really bad. Dangerous as well. It?s sad.

Its just like every other big city they all have issues and you have to know when and where to go. I have family there also, on the eastern bank of the lake and we go into the city and do the surrounding stuff also. People will be shocked to know it doesn't rain all the time.

CoachT14
12-14-2023, 10:22 AM
I'll never understand the weak-mindedness required to root against your own team's player because other people want to defend him. That's what you just said here and it makes no sense to me.

You make some good fair points about Will, but you're completely disregarding the good fair points that would demonstrate that Will was a pretty good player and leader for us, especially until his HC and OC got sick to the point of eventual death. The 2021 season was a very good QB performance and despite regressing in 2022, he still led us to 9 wins despite tough circumstances. He had a shite egg bowl in 2022 and I'm convinced a lot of people think of that every time they think of him. Despite everything turning to crap in 2023 through no fault of the players, he still graded as our second best offensive player when healthy, according to PFF.

Why we can't be down the middle on Will instead of one of the two extremes, I'll never know. It's not his fault he was our best QB by far the entire time he was here. It's not his fault he's slow. We would have been REALLY screwed without him. I'm glad he's moving on though and we're going to have someone more mobile going forward, but I do hope he does well as long as he isn't in the SEC. I don't see why any of our fans would feel differently, but I know there are MANY that will be actively rooting against him and will show up here to say so anytime he might have a bad game next year. And that's just weird to me. It's even weirder to blame that mindset on the State folks who defend him.

I don't think it's weakminded to have an honest assessment of a player. But different strokes for different folks. His stats fold like a tin can against competition. He basically has his accolades because he beat up sisters of the poor defenses. He was not a good player when it mattered except 1 time in his career.

I know I don't have the opinion of him I have currently if it wasn't for his radical fan bois basically talking down to everyone else on the team to prop his abysmal play against good defenses up. And I'm not the only one like that.

As I said, thank you for your service Will and good luck.

MrCoachKlein
12-14-2023, 10:34 AM
I thought you were talking about Derek Carr for a second/

Doesn't apply at all. Carr has a cannon and more grit than most QBs. Hell just this year he's played through 2 sprained AC joints, 2 concussions and torn rib cartilage. His issue is PC's awful system and play calling coupled with not being on the same page as WRs on option routes.

MrCoachKlein
12-14-2023, 10:36 AM

100% I travel a lot for work there's not one city that I'd move to even with double salary.

coachnorm
12-14-2023, 11:10 AM
In a scenario with the offense on the opposition 35 yard line with 5 seconds left in the first half, I have more confidence in Starkville High School quarterback to launch a contested catch than Mississippi State Will Rogers. The reason why is Rogers would throw a ten or fifteen yard pass knowing that the receiver would get tackled is constant, he did it often. This would be good for his scrub stats but not for the team to win a SEC game. That contested catch could effect his completion percentage or add an interception so he would just throw under for personal reasons. Also, remember the Egg Bowl two seasons ago with that cowardly fumble that deflated the whole program. That is Rogers genetic code and he will bring that to anywhere he goes to on the planet.

RiverCityDawg
12-14-2023, 12:07 PM
I know I don't have the opinion of him I have currently if it wasn't for his radical fan bois basically talking down to everyone else on the team to prop his abysmal play against good defenses up. And I'm not the only one like that.

I thought I was pretty clear that this is the part that is weak-minded. Letting people that are overly supportive of their team's QB influence your opinion of him is weak. You're literally admitting to thinking the way you do in part because of how others view him, not just what he does on the field. I think it makes more sense to look at the good and the bad and have a nuanced balanced opinion based only on the facts. There are always going to be people that support the QB, head coach, AD, etc no matter what.

Again, I'm sure you will gleefully be here when/if he struggles with his next team, eagerly using the term "bois", whatever that means. All to shit on a guy who did the best he could for us with the skills he had and was pretty dang decent most of his career here. It's weird though, even more so as the fans that don't want to admit he has shortcomings.

BlackSailsDawg
12-14-2023, 01:17 PM
I don't think it's weakminded to have an honest assessment of a player. But different strokes for different folks. His stats fold like a tin can against competition. He basically has his accolades because he beat up sisters of the poor defenses. He was not a good player when it mattered except 1 time in his career.

As I said, thank you for your service Will and good luck.

As to Washington, yep, they are losing 6 All Americans to the NFL. That's alot to replace, but that's not Rogers' job. Just like with Polk. We stretched the field. Who replaced him that was breaking open deep (the passes people say he could never make but did)? Nobody. Not Tulu, Not Thomas. Not JROB. Just like with "folded like a tin can against competition". What you meant to say is the TEAM did. I'm 100% certain that's what you meant because all production was down. Right? Vs LSU, our defense allowed 21 points in 4th quarter. How was that just on Rogers? We allowed the national Championship team to score 45 points in our stadium, but that's Rogers' fault? The team did. Thus a TEAM Sport.

BlackSailsDawg
12-14-2023, 01:22 PM
I thought I was pretty clear that this is the part that is weak-minded. Letting people that are overly supportive of their team's QB influence your opinion of him is weak. You're literally admitting to thinking the way you do in part because of how others view him, not just what he does on the field. I think it makes more sense to look at the good and the bad and have a nuanced balanced opinion based only on the facts. There are always going to be people that support the QB, head coach, AD, etc no matter what.

Again, I'm sure you will gleefully be here when/if he struggles with his next team, eagerly using the term "bois", whatever that means. All to shit on a guy who did the best he could for us with the skills he had and was pretty dang decent most of his career here. It's weird though, even more so as the fans that don't want to admit he has shortcomings.

Yep! One can support the team, the players and still be critical. But that's not what's been going on at MSU for a long time now. It's either feast or famine. It ok to complain about a QB fumbling the ball inside their 5ish. But that doesn't mean "he's the reason we almost lost the game!" when the facts show the team collectively almost lost it. The Defense gave up a 99 yard drive at the end of the game.

Just over the top opinions stated as facts.

99jc
12-14-2023, 01:47 PM
They fill up that 70K stadium a lot more than we fill up our 62K one.

DUH they should with a 3 million population.

Prediction? Pain.
12-14-2023, 02:21 PM
Well wishes to the both of them. If an undefeated P5 conference champ and CFB playoff participant rang me up to kick my tires as a starter, backup, or freaking glorified clipboard holder, I'd be all over that like white on rice. (The fact that UW's campus is an hour and a half from world class hiking wouldn't hurt, either.)

Not sure why Will keeps on engendering so much visceral back-and-forth on this board. I don't think anyone's claiming he's Dak or even in Dak's vicinity, but dude's not a worthless peon who's poisoned the team, either. I've pointed this out before, but when the dude was a sophomore, he led an offense that in conference games was 4th in the SEC in total offense and 5th in scoring offense. We've surpassed that total offense rank only twice since 2009 and the scoring offense rank only once. Likewise, even with his limitations, Will's passer rating rank against SEC teams in 2021 (5th in the SEC) was better than anyone at MSU since 2009 other than Dak in '14 and '15. And his passer rating rank in '21 vs. Top 25 teams (6th in the SEC) was better than anyone in Mullen's entire tenure and the 2nd best at MSU in the past 15 years. Even Will's yards-per-attempt, which got him lambasted regularly, were by MSU standards solid that year -- 9th vs. SEC teams, 7th vs. Top 25 teams, both of which are as good or better than any QB Mullen ever fielded save Dak in 2014 and 2015. (The closest other year was '12, when as a team our yards-per-attempt ranks were 7th vs. SEC teams and 8th vs. Top 25 teams.) And regardless of any of that, Will helped lead the program to back-to-back .500 seasons in the SEC in '21 and '22. That's happened three times at MSU since 2000. Once with the perhaps best QB in program history (and current national sports icon) at the helm, once with the best defense in the nation and the all-time leading QB rusher in SEC history, and once with Will Rogers. (ETA: With Will as a starter, we beat four teams that finished the regular season ranked in the Top 25 by the AP. In the 11 seasons before Will, we beat two.)

Yeah, he (and the offense) regressed in 2022, quite a bit in some respects. And he had the misfortune of being part of 2023's train wreck. But he wasn't a bumbling buffoon or arrogant douche whose shortcomings need to be relitigated ad nauseum as a part of some weird, tiresome debate about the merits of the air raid offense that our nationally beloved former coach helped invent. If a better program wants to give Will a shot, bully for him. If he thrives, awesome; glad he could return to or improve upon his '21 form. If he tanks or doesn't see the field next year, bummer.

The Federalist Engineer
12-14-2023, 04:28 PM
Rodney Hudson

Todd Jordan

Kirk Presley

RiverCityDawg
12-14-2023, 04:37 PM
Well wishes to the both of them. If an undefeated P5 conference champ and CFB playoff participant rang me up to kick my tires as a starter, backup, or freaking glorified clipboard holder, I'd be all over that like white on rice. (The fact that UW's campus is an hour and a half from world class hiking wouldn't hurt, either.)

Not sure why Will keeps on engendering so much visceral back-and-forth on this board. I don't think anyone's claiming he's Dak or even in his vicinity, but dude's not a worthless peon who's poisoned the team, either. I've pointed this out before, but when the dude was a sophomore, he led an offense that in conference games was 4th in the SEC in total offense and 5th in scoring offense. We've surpassed that total offense rank only twice since 2009 and the scoring offense rank only once. Likewise, even with his limitations, Will's passer rating rank against SEC teams in 2021 (5th in the SEC) was better than anyone at MSU since 2009 other than Dak in '14 and '15. And his passer rating rank in '21 vs. Top 25 teams (6th in the SEC) was better than anyone in Mullen's entire tenure and the 2nd best at MSU in the past 15 years. Even Will's yards-per-attempt, which got him lambasted regularly, were by MSU standards solid that year -- 9th vs. SEC teams, 7th vs. Top 25 teams, both of which are as good or better than any QB Mullen ever fielded save Dak in 2014 and 2015. (The closest other year was '12, when as a team our yards-per-attempt ranks were 7th vs. SEC teams and 8th vs. Top 25 teams.) And regardless of any of that, Will helped lead the program to back-to-back .500 seasons in the SEC in '21 and '22. That's happened three times at MSU since 2000. Once with the perhaps best QB in program history (and current national sports icon) at the helm, once with the best defense in the nation and the all-time leading QB rusher in SEC history, and once with Will Rogers.

Yeah, he (and the offense) regressed in 2022, quite a bit in some respects. And he had the misfortune of being part of 2023's train wreck. But he wasn't a bumbling buffoon or arrogant douche who's shortcomings need to be relitigated ad nauseum as a part of some weird, tiresome debate about the merits of the air raid offense that our nationally beloved former coach helped invent. If a better program wants to give Will a shot, bully for him. If he thrives, awesome; glad he could return to or improve upon his '21 form. If he tanks or doesn't see the field next year, bummer.

Well said

Churchill
12-14-2023, 04:41 PM
"If a better program wants to give Will a shot, bully for him. "

I honestly get the feeling he would have left for a lesser program. Key word here being "leave".

Jarius
12-14-2023, 06:35 PM
DUH they should with a 3 million population.

Well UCLA should too but they don’t. Acting like Washington doesn’t care as much about football as we do is not anywhere remotely near reality. Hell half our fanbase would rather us pour money into a half funded club sport that 12 teams in the country give a shit about.

MrCoachKlein
12-14-2023, 08:17 PM
Just over the top opinions stated as facts.

Lol, this is comedy gold

MrCoachKlein
12-14-2023, 08:23 PM

Not sure why Will keeps on engendering so much visceral back-and-forth on this board. I don't think anyone's claiming he's Dak or even in Dak's vicinity, but dude's not a worthless peon who's poisoned the team, either. I've pointed this out before, but when the dude was a sophomore, he led an offense that in conference games was 4th in the SEC in total offense and 5th in scoring offense. We've surpassed that total offense rank only twice since 2009 and the scoring offense rank only once. Likewise, even with his limitations, Will's passer rating rank against SEC teams in 2021 (5th in the SEC) was better than anyone at MSU since 2009 other than Dak in '14 and '15. And his passer rating rank in '21 vs. Top 25 teams (6th in the SEC) was better than anyone in Mullen's entire tenure and the 2nd best at MSU in the past 15 years. Even Will's yards-per-attempt, which got him lambasted regularly, were by MSU standards solid that year -- 9th vs. SEC teams, 7th vs. Top 25 teams, both of which are as good or better than any QB Mullen ever fielded save Dak in 2014 and 2015. (The closest other year was '12, when as a team our yards-per-attempt ranks were 7th vs. SEC teams and 8th vs. Top 25 teams.) And regardless of any of that, Will helped lead the program to back-to-back .500 seasons in the SEC in '21 and '22. That's happened three times at MSU since 2000. Once with the perhaps best QB in program history (and current national sports icon) at the helm, once with the best defense in the nation and the all-time leading QB rusher in SEC history, and once with Will Rogers. (ETA: With Will as a starter, we beat four teams that finished the regular season ranked in the Top 25 by the AP. In the 11 seasons before Will, we beat two.)

Yeah, he (and the offense) regressed in 2022, quite a bit in some respects. And he had the misfortune of being part of 2023's train wreck. But he wasn't a bumbling buffoon or arrogant douche whose shortcomings need to be relitigated ad nauseum as a part of some weird, tiresome debate about the merits of the air raid offense that our nationally beloved former coach helped invent. If a better program wants to give Will a shot, bully for him. If he thrives, awesome; glad he could return to or improve upon his '21 form. If he tanks or doesn't see the field next year, bummer.

IMO it's on leach for poor recruiting and not getting a Polk replacement in the portal. 2021 showed we clearly needed a down field threat that can body up on a CB, yet he failed to get one and get legit SEC talent in the building.

I was a big Leach fan at the hire, but he left the cubbords bare. In the NIL era we could've gotten a Polk replacement for 4 figures.

Instead we wound up with 15 slot wrs and no outside ones worth a damn

Coach34
12-14-2023, 08:23 PM
Lol, this is comedy gold

Yeah- I love it as well.

We saw Rogers in the pure AR
We saw Rogers in an offense the AR cult deemed terrible before the 1st snap

Let's see what he does in the next offense. I think everybody is wanting to see that

MrCoachKlein
12-14-2023, 08:28 PM
Yeah- I love it as well.

We saw Rogers in the pure AR
We saw Rogers in an offense the AR cult deemed terrible before the 1st snap

Let's see what he does in the next offense. I think everybody is wanting to see that

I was more referring to him being a hypocrite saying "over the top opinions stated as fact" like that isn't every single post he makes.

Now the AR club is claiming lebbys, by his own words, run first offense that is veer and shoot is AR just because its a great offense scheme. Hell KB21 tried to say the same about Miami's which is a run based scheme in itself (55/45 p/r) but everything relies on the zone run scheme. Something Barbary was woefully trying to recreate. Yet somehow Miami is AR and Barbary was pro style 'moron'.

Coach34
12-14-2023, 08:28 PM
IMO it's on leach for poor recruiting and not getting a Polk replacement in the portal. 2021 showed we clearly needed a down field threat that can body up on a CB, yet he failed to get one and get legit SEC talent in the building.

I was a big Leach fan at the hire, but he left the cubbords bare. In the NIL era we could've gotten a Polk replacement for 4 figures.

Instead we wound up with 15 slot wrs and no outside ones worth a damn

We had Polk and Heath in 2021. Polk doesnt have an NFL catch yet- Heath does. Thats why the offense has been worse since- lack of talent

Coach34
12-14-2023, 08:29 PM
I was more referring to him being a hypocrite saying "over the top opinions stated as fact" like that isn't every single post he makes.

Now the AR club is claiming lebbys, by his own words, run first offense that is veer and shoot is AR just because its a great offense scheme. Hell KB21 tried to say the same about Miami's which is a run based scheme in itself (55/45 p/r) but everything relies on the zone run scheme. Something Barbary was woefully trying to recreate. Yet somehow Miami is AR and Barbary was pro style 'moron'.

KB is a lying troll so what he posts doesnt matter- KB disappeared midseason when Barbay's O started getting better until Rogers got hurt. There's a reason for that

Dogbone
12-14-2023, 09:26 PM
KB is a lying troll so what he posts doesnt matter- KB disappeared midseason when Barbay's O started getting better until Rogers got hurt. There's a reason for that

DB34 at it again. Barbays O started getting better? Haha! You’re a lying piece of crap. I’d rather read KB’s posts than yours.

MrCoachKlein
12-14-2023, 09:29 PM
DB34 at it again. Barbays O started getting better? Haha! You?re a lying piece of crap. I?d rather read KB?s posts than yours.

You do realize your nickname for him is the initials of your username? Project much?

I was on C34 when I thought he didn't give leach a fair shake. At least he let it go. The AR or die club just never stops beating a fictional dead horse.

ETA: I was excited and hopefull for leach. Less excited about arnett but understood it giving the circumstance and he was a likeable blue collar type dude. More excited about lebby than I have been about any msu coach since Mullen.

Like all before, I'm going to give him a fair shot instead of being married to a system. At least until he does something as stoopid as jomo not chipping josh Allen after the 1st half

Coach34
12-14-2023, 09:30 PM
DB34 at it again. Barbays O started getting better? Haha! You’re a lying piece of crap. I’d rather read KB’s posts than yours.

Scored 30 vs SC
Scored 17 vs Bama- best in over a decade
Scored 41 vs W. Michigan

Yeah- the offense was getting better and looked way better than the Airbone

Dogbone
12-14-2023, 09:44 PM
Scored 30 vs SC
Scored 41 vs W. Michigan

DB34 Barbay’s brother.

Dawgology
12-14-2023, 09:45 PM
Scored 30 vs SC
Scored 41 vs W. Michigan

You HAVE to be trolling!

Dawgface
12-14-2023, 09:50 PM
You HAVE to be trolling!

Or drunk.

Coach34
12-14-2023, 10:07 PM
You HAVE to be trolling!

How so? I posted facts

Dogbone
12-14-2023, 10:13 PM
How so? I posted facts

Is Wendy’s hiring?

Pancho
12-14-2023, 10:15 PM
c34 got ya'll rolling

CoachT14
12-15-2023, 08:15 AM
Jean34 still can't let go of his feverish dreams of maybe getting hired by his buddy Brad to be his assistant. It's okay man. Let it go.

Pancho
12-15-2023, 08:28 AM
I ain't holding anything. We in the office are entertained by all the supposed intellectual shenanigans on here. enjoy

BlackSailsDawg
12-15-2023, 09:34 AM

Ignorance to think that the AR means throw it 90% of the time. It's not. There is nothing over the top about my comments on Rogers or the team.

StarkVegasSteve
12-15-2023, 03:18 PM
Look Will is what he is. If Washington was staying in the PAC 12 he probably could put up great numbers and Washington would win 9-10 games. In the Big 10 it will be different. Defenses are far better. He will never lose them a game, probably, but he will not be like Penix and win them games. It is not knocking Rogers to say that Washington is downgrading at QB. Penix was a Heisman finalist, Will will never be that. I think DeBoer and Grubb will scheme him a lot better than Barbay did, probably closer to Leach, but he is still going to struggle at times and struggle throwing the deep ball.

Activated Alpha
12-15-2023, 08:34 PM
Look Will is what he is. If Washington was staying in the PAC 12 he probably could put up great numbers and Washington would win 9-10 games. In the Big 10 it will be different. Defenses are far better. He will never lose them a game, probably, but he will not be like Penix and win them games. It is not knocking Rogers to say that Washington is downgrading at QB. Penix was a Heisman finalist, Will will never be that. I think DeBoer and Grubb will scheme him a lot better than Barbay did, probably closer to Leach, but he is still going to struggle at times and struggle throwing the deep ball.

Michigan will eat him alive

StarkVegasSteve
12-15-2023, 09:20 PM
Michigan will eat him alive

Correct. Michigan and Penn St will eat him.

BlackSailsDawg
12-15-2023, 09:22 PM
Correct. Michigan and Penn St will eat him.

Washington is replacing 6 All Americans per their. It's not going to be easy no matter who is behind that line.

StarkVegasSteve
12-15-2023, 09:24 PM
Washington is replacing 6 All Americans per their. It's not going to be easy no matter who is behind that line.

They could have the same line. Michigan and Penn St would still eat him alive. Washington is built for the PAC 12 and not the Big 10.

BlackSailsDawg
12-15-2023, 09:34 PM
They could have the same line. Michigan and Penn St would still eat him alive. Washington is built for the PAC 12 and not the Big 10.

They return all but 1 on the OL