PDA

View Full Version : Coach D. Turner's Tweet... ring that bell baby!!

BlackSailsDawg
12-12-2023, 07:36 PM
https://twitter.com/coachdt48/status/1734730088254513437

BlackSailsDawg
12-12-2023, 07:45 PM
In fact he posted it twice in the last 30 minutes! Not sure it that is 2 or not, but Let's ROLL!

civildawg
12-12-2023, 07:54 PM
It's for a transfer DL that hasn't played a factor at all in the last year or so. I don't understand our plan on defense.

BlackSailsDawg
12-12-2023, 07:57 PM
It's for a transfer DL that hasn't played a factor at all in the last year or so. I don't understand our plan on defense.

Sometimes it's location, location, location.

Brobi-wan
12-12-2023, 08:04 PM
Think about how bad Malik Heath was for us and then was OM receiving leader after being kicked off our team. You never know what can happen.

Dawgology
12-12-2023, 08:20 PM

That’s the spirit!!!

BeardoMSU
12-12-2023, 08:22 PM
That’s the spirit!!!

Our fanbase is overwhelming with enthusiasm...***

Extendedcab
12-12-2023, 08:27 PM
We’re overachievers doing more with less.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2023, 08:28 PM
If Turner likes the guy he must see something to work with. Let's give this staff some time to get their plan together

CaptainObvious
12-12-2023, 08:32 PM
We’re overachievers doing more with less.

The Fanbase is definitely underachievers. The Coaches have always had to coach em up.

Todd4State
If Turner likes the guy he must see something to work with. Let's give this staff some time to get their plan together

I swear. It seems our fans were more patient with Arnett and we see how that turned out.

BigDawg81
It's for a transfer DL that hasn't played a factor at all in the last year or so. I don't understand our plan on defense. Who is he

preachermatt83
12-12-2023, 08:33 PM
Again I say, we have the most ignorant fanbase in America. Genuinely believe they are better talent evaluators than a tenured college coach. Smh.

Cowbell
12-12-2023, 08:34 PM

No CC.... this should be like cookie dough where we can enjoy it now and not have to wait for the darn things to bake 😂

Cowbell
12-12-2023, 08:35 PM
Again I say, we have the most ignorant fanbase in America. Genuinely believe they are better talent evaluators than a tenured college coach. Smh.

Some of it is PTSD from bad previous hires

Todd4State
12-12-2023, 08:35 PM

"Barbay's offense is going to be so much better than Leach's".

State82
12-12-2023, 08:36 PM
No CC.... this should be like cookie dough where we can enjoy it now and not have to wait for the darn things to bake ��

Pretty good analogy.

DEDawg
12-12-2023, 08:44 PM
20 posts in and nobody has dropped the name? Anyone?

Commercecomet24
12-12-2023, 08:44 PM
No CC.... this should be like cookie dough where we can enjoy it now and not have to wait for the darn things to bake 😂

We have become an instant gratification society which I can't stand. I guess growing up on a farm taught me patience. Vegetable don't grow overnight, calves don't become cows overnight, chickens don't grow overnight. It takes hard work, cultivating, nurturing, patience and some bumps along the way before you see the fruits of your labor! Some of y'all would've made lousy farmers lol!

Cowbell
12-12-2023, 08:50 PM
We have become an instant gratification society which I can't stand. I guess growing up on a farm taught me patience. Vegetable don't grow overnight, calves don't become cows overnight, chickens don't grow overnight. It takes hard work, cultivating, nurturing, patience and some bumps along the way before you see the fruits of your labor! Some of y'all would've made lousy farmers lol!

I agree 100%! We ranch for a living now and it really makes you have patience...

PGHBulldogBG
12-12-2023, 09:04 PM
20 posts in and nobody has dropped the name? Anyone?

Right. I was thinking that too who is it?

HancockCountyDog
12-12-2023, 09:09 PM

At this point we just need bodies on the DL if we want to think about running a 4-3.

BigDawg81
12-12-2023, 09:42 PM
Right. I was thinking that too who is it? North Carolina Bingly-Jones is the name I heard

MetEdDawg
12-12-2023, 10:13 PM
North Carolina Bingly-Jones is the name I heard

Was a 92 overall and an 93 composite out of high school in 2020.

Has basically done nothing at North Carolina.

MrCoachKlein
12-12-2023, 10:29 PM
At this point we just need bodies on the DL if we want to think about running a 4-3.

4-3 (4-2-5) really and 3-4 (2-4-5) orr 335 doesn't really matter. We need edge guys that can rush the passer and DTS either way. There's really not much of a difference aside from the prototypes. Smaller edge players and longer bigger dts for 34 and opposite for 43. 335 was really a mix of both we just lacked a Sam that could rush after wheat left

99jc
12-12-2023, 11:01 PM

you can knock up your wife in less than 1 night!

preachermatt83
12-13-2023, 02:08 AM
"Barbay's offense is going to be so much better than Leach's".

Anyone who thought that was def ignorant.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-13-2023, 03:15 AM
If it is Bingley-Jones, he's 6'4" 305# DL. Gathered all kinds of honors on the field as a senior in high school including 4 stars and inclusion in the ESPN Top 300 list for 2020. But his playing stats at North Carolina are almost non-existent. Red shirt freshman and about 6 tackles as a sophomore. Could be a star or bust.

chef dixon
12-13-2023, 08:03 AM
Yea but has he ever had a director of speed and performance before?????

Coursesuper
12-13-2023, 08:12 AM

Ignorant, arrogant and for some strange reason entitled.

bulldawg28
12-13-2023, 09:15 AM
We'll be fine and have plenty of players to choose from after spring practices.

Saltydog
12-13-2023, 10:22 AM

Some of you guys overreact a little. We're just like any other fanbase, no better, no worse. This stuff happens with every fan base.

confucius say
12-13-2023, 10:33 AM
Some of you guys overreact a little. We're just like any other fanbase, no better, no worse. This stuff happens with every fan base.

We are way more pessimistic than the average fan base. Way more.
Many are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Very defeatist. I was told in another thread by multiple posters that averaging 7.1-4.9 like Dan did is no longer possible at State in this new era of CFB.

Johnson85
12-13-2023, 10:47 AM

For real. I would think Turner would have some credibility with our fans at this point.

Johnson85
12-13-2023, 10:49 AM
We are way more pessimistic than the average fan base. Way more.
Many are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Very defeatist.

Yea, it's mystifying. What ever could have caused our fan base to be this way???******************************************** **********************************

viverlibre
12-13-2023, 10:50 AM
Think about how bad Malik Heath was for us and then was OM receiving leader after being kicked off our team. You never know what can happen.

Malik Heath was not bad at all. In fact he was our best, "Big Play" WR.

Op4isabitch
12-13-2023, 11:07 AM
Help me out here, didn’t Coach Turner turn Simmons, Cox and Jones into monsters? Or was there another Dline coach in there somewhere? Memory isn’t working on that item.

PGHBulldogBG
12-13-2023, 11:43 AM
It is hard to be optimistic when bad things happen to State more than most programs. At the same time it?s not fair to evaluate past issues and project them onto our current coaching staff and team. I want to wait until we get a full team assembled and see how Lebby does in year 1 before being pessimistic or optimistic. For me it is wait and see and then do an evaluation at the end of the year

C&DDAWG32
12-13-2023, 11:45 AM
He tore his achilles his freshman year. That's why his stats are the way they are. Not sure what he will amount to but never know, sometimes a change in scenery is what someone needs.

Coach34
12-13-2023, 12:05 PM
Help me out here, didn’t Coach Turner turn Simmons, Cox and Jones into monsters? Or was there another Dline coach in there somewhere? Memory isn’t working on that item.

Turner is a good DL no doubt. But Jeffrey Simmons could have been coached by Jim Ellis and he would have still been a high NFL draft pick

Cowbell
12-13-2023, 01:55 PM
Turner is a good DL no doubt. But Jeffrey Simmons could have been coached by Jim Ellis and he would have still been a high NFL draft pick

Credit to that coaching stuff (Mullen) for taking him with the baggage

TALL DAWG
12-13-2023, 02:16 PM
I know one of his high school assistant coaches. I asked him about the deal about a year after it happened.
He said it was the 2nd time the girl jumped on his sister when JS took action.
He didn?t take action the first time a few weeks earlier.
I?d like to think any poster on here would have taken up for their sister also.

Coach34
12-13-2023, 02:16 PM
Credit to that coaching stuff (Mullen) for taking him with the baggage

Thing is- that was just a bunch of white people pearl-clutching. What he did goes on everyday in black neighborhoods. He was just in a bad situation that was caught on video. There's not an SEC school that wasnt going to sign him after that. Shit- we had to outbid 2.

His character since then has shown to be what most already knew about him.

BlackSailsDawg
12-13-2023, 03:45 PM
Denaud coming in for a visit 4 star transfer. He is an edge guy

Thick
12-13-2023, 03:54 PM
Thing is- that was just a bunch of white people pearl-clutching. What he did goes on everyday in black neighborhoods. He was just in a bad situation that was caught on video. There's not an SEC school that wasnt going to sign him after that. Shit- we had to outbid 2.

He’s up for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award.

OhGee
12-13-2023, 03:58 PM
He’s up for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award.

All the pearl clutching journalists on Twitter, especially the feminazis, need to be informed of this.

tcdog70
12-14-2023, 09:58 AM

people that live in Noxubee knew that Jefferey was a good guy. He has proven what We know. he was put in a tough spot when a Woman thug was beating the shit out of his Sister. All he did was break up the fight. If he had really hit the Woman She would have went to the hospital. It wasn't that hard of a decision. Ole Miss was hoping we would do something stupid.

Pinto
12-14-2023, 01:18 PM
Funny thing is Ole Miss had a bag with 150K waiting on him in Noxubee if we dropped him. Bama also had a bag ready (not sure amount) but were playing it slower.
Most of the smoke was coming from Oxford because they wanted him and were trying to get the outside pressure on his so we would fold. Then they would come in and do some heppin to rehabilitate him. Whole thing was dirty only because other made it that way for their self interests, not because of the act itself.

people that live in Noxubee knew that Jefferey was a good guy. He has proven what We know. he was put in a tough spot when a Woman thug was beating the shit out of his Sister. All he did was break up the fight. If he had really hit the Woman She would have went to the hospital. It wasn't that hard of a decision. Ole Miss was hoping we would do something stupid.

TheLostDawg
12-14-2023, 01:57 PM

How about Preston Smith

Coach34
12-14-2023, 04:37 PM
How about Preston Smith

Honestly- the S&C coach is more important than the position coaches. But what it comes down to is this- drive. How much drive does that player have? There are varying levels of talent- varying levels of drive. Preston turned himself into an elite athlete with his drive. Turner helped him refine technique. It all plays a part.

One of my favorite stories was hearing a QB that was drafted to the Patriots and how he was gonna show up Brady. He got there at 5am to workout and get the day going- show Brady/everybody he was a hardworker and meant business. He walked into the building and 1st person he runs into is Brady- who is sweating and had obviously already been there awhile. Drive

Simmons- freakish talent plus Drive
Preston Smith- late bloomer with Talent and Drive
Brady- elite arm talent with insane amount of Drive
Will Rogers- lower average talent with Drive (cant run/lacks arm strength)