PDA

View Full Version : Impressive moves by Ole Miss

HoopsDawg
12-12-2023, 11:57 AM
Probably adding Juice Wells at WR along with Deion Smith, Tre Harris and Jordan Watkins. Juice is one of the beast weapons in the country when healthy.

They are adding an OL from USM today. The UF gator edge rusher just got crystal balled to them. Walter Nolan is visiting on Friday.

They've gotten a DB from Illinois and Indiana and the LB, Chris Paul from Arkansas. Dart and Judkins returning. May get a solid Olinemen from Indiana.

That's what pulling in the same direction looks like. They will have a solid chance to make the CFP next year if all of that happens.

Coursesuper
12-12-2023, 12:09 PM
Probably adding Juice Wells at WR along with Deion Smith, Tre Harris and Jordan Watkins. Juice is one of the beast weapons in the country when healthy.

They are adding an OL from USM today. The UF gator edge rusher just got crystal balled to them. Walter Nolan is visiting on Friday.

They've gotten a DB from Illinois and Indiana and the LB, Chris Paul from Arkansas. Dart and Judkins returning. May get a solid Olinemen from Indiana.

That's what pulling in the same direction looks like. They will have a solid chance to make the CFP next year if all of that happens.

Exactly, this is what being a little more forward thinking and taking a chance when you had to looks like. They saw the NIL coming and jumped in and our old AD didn't grasp the situation and didn't.

TrapGame
12-12-2023, 12:18 PM
Exactly, this is what being a little more forward thinking and taking a chance when you had to looks like. They saw the NIL coming and jumped in and our old AD didn't grasp the situation and didn't.

That's because he only gave a shit about baseball. Thank God Selmon is a former D1 football player with roots at a school with a grand football tradition. I hope we are about to see a Byrne/Mullen 2009 level of give-a-shit for a few years.

HancockCountyDog
12-12-2023, 01:14 PM

I would expect Juice Wells to go to Texas.

Here is the part of the portal we need to be ready for that we haven't experienced, we will be a stalking horse for a lot of solid SEC players in the portal. It is happening to the bears. I've had bear friends gloat to me via text about a kid that was "in the bag" only to have to back track because that player is on his way to Texas or FSU to get a better offer. Now, maybe they don't get it, but I would expect them to get out bid on most elite prospects, but potentially do a good job with the DB from Illinois/Indiana types that are solid, and maybe land the occasional impact player like Paul from Arkansas.

We will need to overpay for some guys so they won't leave campus. Kids like Miner from UNT, we have to overspend to lock him down.

I'm just torn on what we can do for next year. Do we save NIL money for next HS recruiting year, where it seems we are set up to have a big year in-state? Do we spend a bunch of NIL money on transfers that only have 1 year of eligibility remaining hoping for 7-8 wins?

I don't envy Coach Lebby, it is a damn tough spot when you look at the roster and realize you basically have to start from scratch on offense (i'm talking we need 11 damn starters) and on defense you probably need about 8 guys on defense assuming no one else leaves.

One thing I would stress is patience, both next year and the portal this offseason. We may not hit in the portal until after New Years, but then after the bowl games there will be another round of portal players, and if we have been patient, maybe we land some studs that other schools can't go after because they have already made their portal commitments.

bdfan09
12-12-2023, 01:25 PM
Somebody posted the other day that their collective is in the red because of all the money they had to borrow last year. I have no idea what their numbers look like this year, but that doesn't sound like a very sustainable model.

Coach34
12-12-2023, 01:28 PM
. They will have a solid chance to make the CFP next year if all of that happens.

They play Georgia and OU at home, LSU, SC, Florida, and UPig on the road. Let's dont crown them just yet

But yes- embracing the portal and NIL 2 years before us is a huge advantage

confucius say
12-12-2023, 01:32 PM
Somebody posted the other day that their collective is in the red because of all the money they had to borrow last year. I have no idea what their numbers look like this year, but that doesn't sound like a very sustainable model.

They have a group of 5-6 people who have personally guaranteed bank loans in the name of the collective.

CaptainObvious
12-12-2023, 01:52 PM
They have access to money and they are using it.

Coursesuper
12-12-2023, 02:06 PM

They had the good sense to read the room when things started to change.

woof
12-12-2023, 02:19 PM
They had the good sense to read the room when things started to change.

don't you mean, their sorostitues had to be forced to blow the room when things started to change? lol

woof
12-12-2023, 02:20 PM

don't you mean, their players have access to $500 handshakes and they are using them? lol

RocketDawg
12-12-2023, 04:25 PM

Haven't they been NILing for decades?

HoopsDawg
12-12-2023, 04:31 PM
They play Georgia and OU at home, LSU, SC, Florida, and UPig on the road. Let's dont crown them just yet

But yes- embracing the portal and NIL 2 years before us is a huge advantage

10-2 is the benchmark for any SEC team to make the playoffs. Tough, but attainable.

HoopsDawg
12-12-2023, 04:34 PM
I would expect Juice Wells to go to Texas.

Here is the part of the portal we need to be ready for that we haven't experienced, we will be a stalking horse for a lot of solid SEC players in the portal. It is happening to the bears. I've had bear friends gloat to me via text about a kid that was "in the bag" only to have to back track because that player is on his way to Texas or FSU to get a better offer. Now, maybe they don't get it, but I would expect them to get out bid on most elite prospects, but potentially do a good job with the DB from Illinois/Indiana types that are solid, and maybe land the occasional impact player like Paul from Arkansas.

We will need to overpay for some guys so they won't leave campus. Kids like Miner from UNT, we have to overspend to lock him down.

I'm just torn on what we can do for next year. Do we save NIL money for next HS recruiting year, where it seems we are set up to have a big year in-state? Do we spend a bunch of NIL money on transfers that only have 1 year of eligibility remaining hoping for 7-8 wins?

I don't envy Coach Lebby, it is a damn tough spot when you look at the roster and realize you basically have to start from scratch on offense (i'm talking we need 11 damn starters) and on defense you probably need about 8 guys on defense assuming no one else leaves.

One thing I would stress is patience, both next year and the portal this offseason. We may not hit in the portal until after New Years, but then after the bowl games there will be another round of portal players, and if we have been patient, maybe we land some studs that other schools can't go after because they have already made their portal commitments.

Good question. Since we missed on Gabriel, I would spend enough to go 7-5 this upcoming season. Really need to get Miner at C and some defensive guys. It takes time to build be we need a positive season.

HancockCountyDog
12-12-2023, 04:49 PM
10-2 is the benchmark for any SEC team to make the playoffs. Tough, but attainable.

Depends on the team. Bama or LSU go 9-3, I bet they would get in over a 10-2 Iowa team.

OhGee
12-12-2023, 04:59 PM

What is this shit? I come here to read about State and the first two threads are gushing over OM recruiting and praise for Heath. Go read On3 or something.

99jc
12-12-2023, 05:10 PM
What is this shit? I come here to read about State and the first two threads are gushing over OM recruiting and praise for Heath. Go read On3 or something.

i feel ya!

Coursesuper
12-12-2023, 05:13 PM
Haven't they been NILing for decades?

We all have yo a certain extent. Some more successfully than others.

Coursesuper
12-12-2023, 05:15 PM

Really? It’s a legit discussion of something they got right and we didn’t. We are now playing catch up.

Coursesuper
12-12-2023, 05:17 PM
don't you mean, their sorostitues had to be forced to blow the room when things started to change? lol

AAAAARRRRRGGFGUUUUHHHHH!!!

KOdawg1
12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
They didn't sit around on their ass like we did.. they get it.

Turfdawg67
12-12-2023, 06:00 PM
What's your definition of pulling in the same "direction"?? ***

ETA: posted just to make coursestuper's face more red. Lolz

Turfdawg67
12-12-2023, 06:01 PM
They didn't sit around on their ass like we did.. they get it.

They always got it. Things aren't different, just more legal. Geez ppl

EdwardDrayton
12-12-2023, 06:02 PM
Forgive me and I mean no disrespect to the posters, but I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS. I'd rather have a colonoscopy than talk about or read about anything pertaining to those meatheads. I'm a DIEHARD HATER.

NCDawg
12-12-2023, 06:07 PM
Good question. Since we missed on Gabriel, I would spend enough to go 7-5 this upcoming season. Really need to get Miner at C and some defensive guys. It takes time to build be we need a positive season.

You're right that it takes time to build. We've been trying to build for decades. Can't count the times I've heard, "wait 'til next year".

was21
12-12-2023, 06:43 PM

One of the first things to do is recognize the reality of a situation instead of sticking your head in the ground and pretending something's not happening....that's what Cohen did. And then cowardly simply left...for the money and to keep tabs on Freezus' phone calls.

FoggyBottom
12-12-2023, 08:10 PM
If you believe Grove Collective borrows money (what institution would lend it?) or operates in the red, I?ve got some beachfront property in Arizona you need to take a look at.

KOdawg1
12-12-2023, 10:00 PM
That's basically what I just said... geez

confucius say
12-13-2023, 02:28 PM
If you believe Grove Collective borrows money (what institution would lend it?) or operates in the red, I?ve got some beachfront property in Arizona you need to take a look at.

Are you saying the collective didn't take out a loan that they are paying back?

maroonmania
12-13-2023, 03:52 PM
Anyone who didn't think the ability to legally buy players was going to help OM much more than us was just a moron. It's what OM boosters do best and now they have been totally unleashed.

OhGee
12-13-2023, 04:00 PM
Anyone who didn't think the ability to legally buy players was going to help OM much more than us was just a moron. It's what OM boosters do best and now they have been totally unleashed.

If this were true, they would be singing a Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Treadwell, etc again. They aren?t. NIL has hurt OM because they can?t out-Freeze everybody with everything being in the open.

confucius say
12-13-2023, 04:44 PM

Who said Dart was returning?

FISHDAWG
12-13-2023, 05:00 PM
Hey dawg... you need to implement that avatar that you used on 6 pack ... it was always a favorite of mine 👍

HancockCountyDog
12-13-2023, 05:43 PM
They aren't getting Juice Wells, just FYI.

Coursesuper
12-13-2023, 06:03 PM

This is why I insist that we are an ignorant alumni, do you actually think that we weren’t doing the exact same things? We were. They are whipping our asses with nil and it’s not even close. We pretended it wasn’t happening and they went in feet first.

BeardoMSU
12-13-2023, 07:23 PM
Forgive me and I mean no disrespect to the posters, but I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS. I'd rather have a colonoscopy than talk about or read about anything pertaining to those meatheads. I'm a DIEHARD HATER.

Welp, since LK got there, and since they jumped all over their NIL potential (while we initially did the opposite), you've had more opportunity to read about them than ever before.

Coach34
12-13-2023, 07:40 PM
This is why insist that we are an ignorant alumni, do you actually think that we weren’t doing the exact same things? We were. .

Yep. The difference has always been is that they love it and its a status thing for them. We have always viewed it as a necessary evil we hate doing

BeardoMSU
12-13-2023, 07:45 PM
Yep. The difference has always been is that they love it and its a status thing for them. We have always viewed it as a necessary evil we hate doing

We were indoctrinated to think we had the moral high ground by "not cheating" for the vast majority of our history. Loser mentality.

confucius say
12-13-2023, 08:05 PM
Yep. The difference has always been is that they love it and it's a status thing for them. We have always viewed it as a necessary evil we hate doing

In football. What is weird is we have been the opposite in basketball. We've pushed chips in there under multiple coaches.

Homedawg
12-13-2023, 08:44 PM
In football. What is weird is we have been the opposite in basketball. We've pushed chips in there under multiple coaches.

We have multiple people that care a whole lot about basketball, that instantly put us in the game....

Coursesuper
12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
We have multiple people that care a whole lot about basketball, that instantly put us in the game....

One in particular.

confucius say
12-13-2023, 10:02 PM

Yep. Weird.

Coach34
12-13-2023, 10:11 PM

agree. What the Iupe's plus the furniture royalty of Jackson have done for basketball has been amazing

RezDog7
12-13-2023, 10:33 PM
agree. What the Iupe's plus the furniture royalty of Jackson have done for basketball has been amazing

I worked pt at Miskelly's the summer of 99. Met Fred Smoot there while he was walking around with Chip and Oscar.

HoopsDawg
12-16-2023, 07:24 PM

They are still in it for Juice Wells. Picked up 2 TN transfers today. That's 4 SEC starters on D transferring to Ole Miss. Nolan will make 5.

HoopsDawg
12-16-2023, 07:25 PM
Who said Dart was returning?

Darts coming back.

BeardoMSU
12-16-2023, 07:33 PM
They are still in it for Juice Wells. Picked up 2 TN transfers today. That's 4 SEC starters on D transferring to Ole Miss. Nolan will make 5.

Winning attitude.

RockyDog
12-16-2023, 07:33 PM
Mississippi cares about winning. MSU fans care about coddling noodle arms and soft receivers and turning over the program to country club coaches.

RocketDawg
12-16-2023, 07:40 PM

Gotta wonder how much they're paying for all those players.

Op4isabitch
12-16-2023, 07:44 PM
OleMiss is the shittiest group of fans in the conference, Soy Boys, Cucks and whores, sorostitutes and cheats BUT they are all pulling in the same direction.

Maybe we could learn from that and do the same thing. Instead we infight and try to b ethe biggest fish in the smallest pond.
We display a lot of small dick mentality as a fan base.

It’s time to hitch the wagon and pull in the same direction. We can do it if we decide to work in unison.

HoopsDawg
12-16-2023, 07:48 PM
Gotta wonder how much they're paying for all those players.

Gotta be a lot. Nolan is a seven figure guy. Those 2 Edge rushers are mid 6 figures I would think. They've brought in 3 starting safeties which was a weakness last year. Also have to pay to keep Judkins and Dart. They may not have enough money for Juice Wells.

Coach34
12-16-2023, 08:53 PM
Gotta be a lot. Nolan is a seven figure guy. Those 2 Edge rushers are mid 6 figures I would think. They've brought in 3 starting safeties which was a weakness last year. Also have to pay to keep Judkins and Dart. They may not have enough money for Juice Wells.

We arent spending what Mississippi is spending no matter what any sunshine pumper tells you

msstate7
12-16-2023, 08:56 PM
We arent spending what Mississippi is spending no matter what any sunshine pumper tells you

About 2 weeks ago, all I heard was we had a ton of money and we're gonna make a splash. This board should play dream weaver by rod Stewart in the background

ETA... my whole life, I thought that song was by rod stewart. It's Gary wright... who the hell is Gary wright? He sounds like rod stewart.

Coach34
12-16-2023, 09:00 PM
About 2 weeks ago, all I heard was we had a ton of money and we're gonna make a splash. This board should play dream weaver by rod Stewart in the background

yep

HoopsDawg
12-16-2023, 09:04 PM

Just got an OT from Memphis at least.

Portal recruiting is extremely competitive.

msstate7
12-16-2023, 09:06 PM
Just got an OT from Memphis at least.

Portal recruiting is extremely competitive.

I do like going oline. If we hi dline hard too, I'll see Lebby knows where you win games

HoopsDawg
12-16-2023, 09:10 PM
I do like going oline. If we hi dline hard too, I'll see Lebby knows where you win games

Yep. We've picked up a starting Center and a starting LT from the portal. PFF likes both of them.

msudawg1200
12-16-2023, 10:16 PM

ETA... my whole life, I thought that song was by rod stewart. It's Gary wright... who the hell is Gary wright? He sounds like rod stewart.

Dream Weaver sounds nothing like Rod Stewart. Carry on

RisperDawg
12-16-2023, 10:18 PM
Dream Weaver sounds nothing like Rod Stewart. Carry on

Yeah, WTH is he talking about. Stewart has a very distinctive rasp to his voice. Lol.

Glad we got Pounders though.

msstate7
12-16-2023, 10:20 PM
No one asked you two. He's Stewart 2.0 haha

HoopsDawg
12-17-2023, 06:49 PM

Juice Wells has committed to Ole Miss..just FYI

HancockCountyDog
12-17-2023, 06:52 PM

Apparently Wells overplayed his hand. Sucks for us, if healthy kid is a stud.

Coach34
12-17-2023, 07:53 PM

Money talks especially when you have a good QB

They will likely be Top 10 to start next season if Dart does indeed stay

HoopsDawg
12-18-2023, 01:02 AM
Money talks especially when you have a good QB

They will likely be Top 10 to start next season if Dart does indeed stay

Wow Ole Miss signing Decam Richardson from us.

Todd4State
12-18-2023, 01:09 AM

Meh.

HancockCountyDog
12-18-2023, 01:13 AM

I was hearing LSU.

Irondawg
12-18-2023, 01:59 AM
That’s one where they probably didn’t pay much more than we were but wanted the marketing win over us.

Let’s face it - he improved his stock and gets drafted and they are going to sell the Malik Heath and Decam improvement stories to recruits that they develop players better.

I wanted to keep him but didn’t think he was a difference maker for us. I hate he landed at OM though.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-18-2023, 10:14 AM
Oh so even though we're thin as hell in the secondary and Decam was one of our better players there him leaving doesn't matter because he's not Forbes? Come on.

We're getting destroyed by OM because they spend money and we don't.

Todd4State
12-18-2023, 10:31 AM
Oh so even though we're thin as hell in the secondary and Decam was one of our better players there him leaving doesn't matter because he's not Forbes? Come on.

If he doesn't want to be here let him go. LSU didn't want him. And he was average with us. He's better in his head than he actually is.

StateDawg44
12-18-2023, 02:00 PM

I had high hopes for Decam when he first signed w/ us.

If there was any position group on the team that we could afford to lose, it was certainly the secondary. We'll be just fine without DeCam.

HoopsDawg
12-18-2023, 02:53 PM
I had high hopes for Decam when he first signed w/ us.

If there was any position group on the team that we could afford to lose, it was certainly the secondary. We'll be just fine without DeCam.

He was easily our best corner and we have no one with comparable talent to replace him.

Coach34
12-18-2023, 03:24 PM
He was easily our best corner and we have no one with comparable talent to replace him.

34 the freshman looked good in spots down the stretch. Hopefully Rogers has his legs back by now and ready to compete in the Spring

HoopsDawg
12-18-2023, 03:35 PM
34 the freshman looked good in spots down the stretch. Hopefully Rogers has his legs back by now and ready to compete in the Spring

Yeah, I guess Pollack and Rogers are the projected starters as of now.

FoggyBottom
12-18-2023, 03:39 PM
Richardson probably earned his offer from OM during the battle for the golden egg. I thought he did an excellent job covering the OM receivers especially on deep balls. In fact, I don't recall any deep ball connections in that game. He was certainly as good as any corners OM had on the field that night.

Bothrops
12-18-2023, 04:01 PM
I like the McClendon and Ross pickups on defense. As for the other defensive pickups, they'll probably be in the portal a year from now. We can't compete in this portal game.

Coursesuper
12-18-2023, 04:26 PM
Richardson probably earned his offer from OM during the battle for the golden egg. I thought he did an excellent job covering the OM receivers especially on deep balls. In fact, I don't recall any deep ball connections in that game. He was certainly as good as any corners OM had on the field that night.

They like most other teams have staffs that evaluate and target portal players. Or should I say that “might be interested in the portal”.

HoopsDawg
12-18-2023, 05:45 PM
It seems Georgia has come in with a big offer for Nolen. Oregon has a big one on the table. We'll see what happens. This guy was the number 1 high school recruit in the country 2 years ago.

msstate7
12-18-2023, 06:39 PM
It seems Georgia has come in with a big offer for Nolen. Oregon has a big one on the table. We'll see what happens. This guy was the number 1 high school recruit in the country 2 years ago.

Surely he'll bite on Georgia if the money is even close to the same. They put guys in the nfl in the early rounds

Bothrops
12-18-2023, 07:32 PM

Esaias Furdge is comparable

HancockCountyDog
12-18-2023, 07:35 PM

To DCam? Come on man?.

Homedawg
12-18-2023, 07:48 PM

No. Just no. Not even close. You can be mad he left. But this isn't close to correct