PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mahomes

parabrave
12-11-2023, 04:15 AM
Your receiver was lined up offsides. It's his responsibility to insure he is lined up correctly not the line judges so shut the fuc up.
Dam you get more calls your way than anyone else so get ready for non calls when you get popped on your late slides and other crap you and the offense always get away with. No more pic plays, no more Kelce mugging small DBs. Hope they fine your butt big time cause the refs were right this time

Dawg_Lover
12-11-2023, 05:56 AM
After his extreme hissy fit, the refs fair haired QB child, might now be treated like their red headed step child.

Ranchdawg
12-11-2023, 06:07 AM
Hey Mahomes if you want to be pissed off at somebody be pissed at your stupid wr that clearly lined up offsides. And no the officials are doing what their hired to do and make sure everybody follows the rules.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-11-2023, 06:46 AM
I predict an early exit from the playoffs for the Swifties.

Todd4State
12-11-2023, 07:11 AM
I have a feeling when he looks at film he is going to realize that their guy was lined up offsides.

Competitive guy/heat of the moment- I get his reaction even though he is wrong.

Mjoelner34
12-11-2023, 07:28 AM
Muppets are so funny when they're pissed off.

msstate7
12-11-2023, 08:12 AM
Interesting quote from Reid on it, ""Usually I get a warning before something like that happens," he said via FOX 4 KC. "A bit embarrassing in the National Football League for that to take place. ? I didn?t have a protractor out there, but a bit embarrassing."

If warnings are usually given, I can see their beef. A wr's foot placement doesn't seem to give an advantage like a dlinemen jumping early.

redstickdawg
12-11-2023, 08:14 AM
the warnings are given before the snap as the WR looks at the LJ to see if he is lined up correctly. If the WR doesn't check with the LJ then there is no other option but to follow the rules of the game.

Pancho
12-11-2023, 08:17 AM
They have gotten the benefit of those type calls or non calls regularly and now throw a fit. weird how they are now 8-5 on the year and might be a worse record if not for a few favorable calls.

msstate7
12-11-2023, 08:19 AM
the warnings are given before the snap as the WR looks at the LJ to see if he is lined up correctly. If the WR doesn't check with the LJ then there is no other option but to follow the rules of the game.

Maybe so. I still hate the call bc I don't think it influenced the play. Toney didn't gain an advantage, and a ref's flag (even if technically correct) took away one of the coolest plays in nfl history.

trob115
12-11-2023, 08:41 AM
Maybe so. I still hate the call bc I don't think it influenced the play. Toney didn't gain an advantage, and a ref's flag (even if technically correct) took away one of the coolest plays in nfl history.

Ahh so the ref is supposed to be able to know a plays outcome before the snap to determine a penalty ?!

Mahomes is just crying like a baby. A rule is a rule. If the defense was lined up offsides, you would want that called every time.

msstate7
12-11-2023, 08:48 AM
Ahh so the ref is supposed to be able to know a plays outcome before the snap to determine a penalty ?!

Mahomes is just crying like a baby. A rule is a rule. If the defense was lined up offsides, you would want that called every time.

I dont like any nfl team but the saints, so this isn't bias at all.

BTW, the line judge did miss vonn miller offsides

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The officials called Kadarius Toney for being a few inches offsides and then proceeded to completely ignore Von Miller being offsides on the very next play 😂 <a href="https://t.co/nRCl5adfA4">pic.twitter.com/nRCl5adfA4</a></p>&mdash; NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1734020892005478719?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

msstate7
12-11-2023, 08:50 AM
https://x.com/NFL_Memes/status/1734020892005478719?s=20

somebodyshotmypaw
12-11-2023, 09:23 AM

Agreed. The flag was thrown immediately when the ball was snapped. When the flag was thrown, we didn't know if the play was a run or pass, a touchdown or interception, a sack, or any other outcome. So there was no way to know if the play would result in something where Toney gained an advantage.

The ref made the correct call. You can't warn the head coach when the player is blatantly offside.

RockyDog
12-11-2023, 09:31 AM
Interesting quote from Reid on it, ""Usually I get a warning before something like that happens," he said via FOX 4 KC. "A bit embarrassing in the National Football League for that to take place. ? I didn?t have a protractor out there, but a bit embarrassing."

If warnings are usually given, I can see their beef. A wr's foot placement doesn't seem to give an advantage like a dlinemen jumping early.

The ref expert dude on the Sunday night broadcast said that they will let a WR know if he does a check with me, but if they are lined up where the line judge can?t see the ball like Toney was, then it is a flag. He also said that that same flag has been thrown 11 times previously this year so KC whining about it like it hasn?t happened before just makes them look stupid.

msstate7
12-11-2023, 09:34 AM
The ref expert dude on the Sunday night broadcast said that they will let a WR know if he does a check with me, but if they are lined up where the line judge can’t see the ball like Toney was, then it is a flag. He also said that that same flag has been thrown 9 times previously this year so KC whining about it like it hasn’t happened before just makes them look stupid.

I have no idea how it works, but Reid made it sound like they warn the coach after the play... next time it'll be a penalty. Reid could be FOS for all I know. I do know one thing - I never listen to those ref experts bc they always back the refs.

redstickdawg
12-11-2023, 09:43 AM

so by this logic if a DE lines up in the 1 yard offsides and the play goes to the other side it shouldn't be a penalty?

msstate7
12-11-2023, 09:45 AM
so by this logic if a DE lines up in the 1 yard offsides and the play goes to the other side it shouldn't be a penalty?

A DE does gain an advantage in that situation

RockyDog
12-11-2023, 09:47 AM
I have no idea how it works, but Reid made it sound like they warn the coach after the play... next time it'll be a penalty. Reid could be FOS for all I know. I do know one thing - I never listen to those ref experts bc they always back the refs.

Just saw a discussion between Shannon Sharpe and Ocho and Shannon said it’s a penalty every time. Now they did say that a WR can check with the side judge but only if they are lined up outside the numbers. Toney was lined up in a bunch formation and was clearly a half yard offsides where the ref couldn’t see the ball.

msstate7
12-11-2023, 09:50 AM
By the rule, the ref is absolutely right...

https://i.postimg.cc/9QnLtWWD/IMG-4085.jpg (https://postimg.cc/K1t7mh3b)

I just think if Reid is telling the truth that warnings are usually given, that's a better strategy.

And then the ref missed a blatant offsides the next play by von miller. I can see why chiefs are mad even though Toney's foot was 4" too far

msstate7
12-11-2023, 09:51 AM
Just saw a discussion between Shannon Sharpe and Ocho and Shannon said it’s a penalty every time. Now they did say that a WR can check with the side judge but only if they are lined up outside the numbers. Toney was lined up in a bunch formation and was clearly a half yard offsides where the ref couldn’t see the ball.

A half yard? 1.5'? Come on mane...

Commercecomet24
12-11-2023, 09:57 AM
Why should they get a warning? This is pro ball if don't know how to lineup correctly then find another job. Reid's covering for his players. They don't warn pitchers on balks among other things.

viverlibre
12-11-2023, 10:02 AM

This is the correct answer. WR checks with the LJ. In the Shotgun, there's no way the QB can tell if the WR is lined up offsides.

trob115
12-11-2023, 10:06 AM
The refs will let that go a lot of times. The snap and the crossing of miller was pretty close. If I were a chiefs fan though, I would have been wanting that call.

msstate7
12-11-2023, 10:13 AM
Why should they get a warning? This is pro ball if don't know how to lineup correctly then find another job. Reid's covering for his players. They don't warn pitchers on balks among other things.

Well, I'm basing it on Reid and Mahomes' comment that there is usually a warning for lining up offsides. If there isn't, then that's a different story.

At the end of the day though, the nfl and fans were robbed imo of an all time great play bc of the call. Instead of taking about what a great play Mr. Phizer made, we get to talk about refs.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2023, 10:35 AM
Well, I'm basing it on Reid and Mahomes' comment that there is usually a warning for lining up offsides. If there isn't, then that's a different story.

At the end of the day though, the nfl and fans were robbed imo of an all time great play bc of the call. Instead of taking about what a great play Mr. Phizer made, we get to talk about refs.

As a State fan I've seen to many great plays/games screwed up by officials so I don't have a lot of sympathy for Patty Cakes and Mr Phizer lol!

Lord McBuckethead
12-11-2023, 10:40 AM
They have gotten the benefit of those type calls or non calls regularly and now throw a fit. weird how they are now 8-5 on the year and might be a worse record if not for a few favorable calls.

Watch every single snap in the NFL, the tackles move before the ball is snapped literally every single snap. Start calling that on them too and see how long their QB remains upright.

smootness
12-11-2023, 01:47 PM
There is no way in the world they let a team snap the ball with a player offside and just warn the coach after with no flag.

smootness
12-11-2023, 01:48 PM

Blame Kadarius Toney, not the refs. They called a penalty a penalty. It was blatant and obvious.

Mahomes sounds like a gigantic moron.

smootness
12-11-2023, 01:50 PM

Look where everyone else is lined up. No one ever lines up that close to the line, much less over it.

parabrave
12-11-2023, 01:54 PM
Watch every single snap in the NFL, the tackles move before the ball is snapped literally every single snap. Start calling that on them too and see how long their QB remains upright.

They probably allow that to save the QB.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2023, 02:20 PM
Blame Kadarius Toney, not the refs. They called a penalty a penalty. It was blatant and obvious.

Mahomes sounds like a gigantic moron.

Yeah, That would've been my reaction if I was coaching. I would've said what were you thinking. Yes toney cost his team, not the officials. Stupid penalties are still penalties.

Goldendawg
12-11-2023, 02:28 PM
Your receiver was lined up offsides. It's his responsibility to insure he is lined up correctly not the line judges so shut the fuc up.
Dam you get more calls your way than anyone else so get ready for non calls when you get popped on your late slides and other crap you and the offense always get away with. No more pic plays, no more Kelce mugging small DBs. Hope they fine your butt big time cause the refs were right this time

Crybaby type who makes me hate watching today's NFL. Can take off, run & slide without worrying about being hit. If he and other NFL QB's weren't making about $40 to $50 million per year against the cap, he might have a better supporting cast around him that could know how to stay on sides.

msstate7
12-11-2023, 03:00 PM

Look where everyone else is lined up. No one ever lines up that close to the line, much less over it.

Bull crap!

https://i.postimg.cc/FRzF0C6h/IMG-4106.jpg (https://postimg.cc/FdtQ4pm6)

EdwardDrayton
12-11-2023, 06:50 PM
The Chiefs get more calls go their way than a two dollar hooker.

Man up MaBaby!! Those five losses on you and the rest of y'all whiny Swifties!!

Pancho
12-12-2023, 08:17 AM
the phizer chiefs can still make the playoffs and win several road games and make the SB. who else can play a complete game in the AFC nowadays? looks like 49ers or Dak's team in the NFC.

msstate7
12-12-2023, 08:23 AM
the phizer chiefs can still make the playoffs and win several road games and make the SB. who else can play a complete game in the AFC nowadays? looks like 49ers or Dak's team in the NFC.

Cowboys are gonna have a tough road to the SB. They're remaining schedule is tough, so they'll almost certainly have to visit Philly or SF

parabrave
12-12-2023, 08:33 AM
Crybaby type who makes me hate watching today's NFL. Can take off, run & slide without worrying about being hit. If he and other NFL QB's weren't making about $40 to $50 million per year against the cap, he might have a better supporting cast around him that could know how to stay on sides.

and he forgets about the refs helping them get to the SB and winning the SB

Pancho
12-12-2023, 08:39 AM
Cowboys are gonna have a tough road to the SB. They're remaining schedule is tough, so they'll almost certainly have to visit Philly or SF

agreed but who will stop the chiefs?

msstate7
12-12-2023, 08:56 AM
agreed but who will stop the chiefs?

If I were betting a future in the AFC right now, I'd go Baltimore

Commercecomet24
12-12-2023, 10:48 AM
The chiefs have lost 5 games this year and they're not the same team from years past without all the weapons. So there's plenty of teams that can stop them.