PDA

View Full Version : NIL questions

somebodyshotmypaw
12-10-2023, 04:13 PM
Does NIL have one bucket of money? Meaning spending extra on a quarterback affects how much you can spend on a point guard or a 3rd baseman? I assume each sport has a portion designated for them? If so, who decides how much each sport is allotted?

I guess my question is if we have $10 million, who keeps football from spending it all, and basketball and baseball get nothing. If it?s apportioned out, who decides what portion of that $10 million each sport would receive?

I assume NIL must be funded annually? Has any team in the NCAA attempted to endow NIL?

AFDawg
12-10-2023, 04:48 PM
Some people give to specific sports. I believe the $10 million is the football number only.

Charlie Whitfield leads the distribution. The school can't dictate where money goes, but you can be sure there are conversations.

bigbub50
12-10-2023, 06:21 PM
Charlie answered this question and others on the other board. I?d copy and paste the answer but I don?t want to break any rules (I?m not sure if that?s frowned upon).

I think basically he said donors could ear mark the sport they wanted it to go to. Donors could specify the athlete they wanted it to go to. Or they could ask for a percentage of donation go to each sport. Or they could just donate to the general fund and Charlie uses his judgement to use it in our biggest need at the moment.