12-09-2023, 10:15 PM
Frisco

https://twitter.com/bigmouthsport/status/1733681812335956444

Coach34
12-09-2023, 10:35 PM
Yes Sir!!! 3-star on board

EdwardDrayton
12-10-2023, 12:07 AM
I mean we celebrate what we can but still hoping for an actual dual threat QB.

BuckyIsAB****
12-10-2023, 07:43 AM
He may end up the best of the 3

Maroonthirteen
12-10-2023, 09:37 AM
Awesome news. We needed it.

Hopefully Bump has two more "flips" in his bag. I happen to hear good news about one really good player last week. We are trying as best we can and he is listening.

BankerDog
12-10-2023, 09:43 AM

You and your boys had close to a year to do it and couldn?t!

Dogbone
12-10-2023, 09:45 AM
Dingleberry 34, where are you?

Goldendawg
12-10-2023, 10:05 AM

.87, but he would be so much better with .03 more to make him a .90 four star? You have little but negativity to everything State these days. Is there anything that gives you a positive or hope for the future of the program?

confucius say
12-10-2023, 10:10 AM
.87, but he would be so much better with .03 more to make him a .90 four star? You have little but negativity to everything State these days. Is there anything that gives you a positive or hope for the future of the program?

He's been pouting and extra salty lately.

The best player in the history of our school was a mid three star.

Dogbone
12-10-2023, 10:12 AM
Dingleberry 34 lost all his boys when Lebby fired them. He’s just lashing out now like a spoiled Wendy’s employee.

FISHDAWG
12-10-2023, 10:12 AM

I'm sure you forgot the sarcastic but he is a flip from OM ... I don't care if he's a water boy... a flip from them is always sweet

KOdawg1
12-10-2023, 10:16 AM
Stonka Burnside, JJ Harrell, Frisco Magee, and Mario Craver are a hell of a WR haul, and the trolls on this board can't say otherwise.

3 four stars and a high three star with multiple SEC offers and was committed to OM. Can't ask for much better than that.

THAT is why we kept Bump for those who wanted to bitch about keeping him

Bdawg
12-10-2023, 10:19 AM
He's been pouting and extra salty lately.

The best player in the history of our school was a mid three star.

*insert salt shaker meme* for sure! Yeah you never quite know how these recruits will turn out. Could be under rated, could be overrated. Heart, drive, and will to push yourself to be the best doesn’t show up in the rankings. Hopefully we get as many recruits as possible with this characteristic too.

Coursesuper
12-10-2023, 11:24 AM
Dingleberry 34 lost all his boys when Lebby fired them. He’s just lashing out now like a spoiled Wendy’s employee.

And you said I was being a dick.

BlackSailsDawg
12-10-2023, 11:36 AM
You and your boys had close to a year to do it and couldn?t!

And he is bitter over it.

BlackSailsDawg
12-10-2023, 11:38 AM
Stonka Burnside, JJ Harrell, Frisco Magee, and Mario Craver are a hell of a WR haul, and the trolls on this board can't say otherwise.

3 four stars and a high three star with multiple SEC offers and was committed to OM. Can't ask for much better than that.

Oh and we aren't done either.

Coach34
12-10-2023, 11:41 AM

I'm very cynical about college football period but especially our program. And it has nothing to do with who we fired or who we hired. Free agency with no salary cap has ruined college football for mid and lower programs

Coursesuper
12-10-2023, 11:46 AM
I'm very cynical about college football period but especially our program. And it has nothing to do with who we fired or who we hired. Free agency with no salary cap has ruined college football for mid and lower programs

It’s hard to argue with that statement. It’s a fact, without regulation it’s not a sustainable model for 90% of the institutions.

BlackSailsDawg
12-10-2023, 12:21 PM

Except for the fact that we signed 4 star WRs and QBs in the portal and NIL era.

Biguglyjoe
12-10-2023, 12:27 PM

Yet you were one of the first ones over here to congratulate the last staff for pulling a JuCo player in mid-October. Life comes at you fast doesn?t it.

? Juco Shepphard commits. Bucky can give some scoop
East Miss DL pick-up. Congrats to our staff.?

Coursesuper
12-10-2023, 12:39 PM
Except for the fact that we signed 4 star WRs and QBs in the portal and NIL era.

That’s two players while the haves are stockpiling talent 3 deep. This is not a sustainable situation. It will only change when those that are footing the bill decide it does. The math is very very simple.

smootness
12-10-2023, 12:40 PM
Our recruiting has remained basically unchanged since NIL started. We still get the guys we typically get.

MBDawg601
12-10-2023, 12:42 PM
That?s two players while the haves are stockpiling talent 3 deep. This is not a sustainable situation. It will only change when those that are footing the bill decide it does. The math is very very simple.

I do not think anyone is stockpiling talent 3 deep. No more than they use to at least. Most players that are not starting that have talent are looking to transfer and start somewhere. The haves have always had deeper talent than we do, NIL didn't impact this at all.

CaptainObvious
12-10-2023, 12:46 PM
Our recruiting has remained basically unchanged since NIL started. We still get the guys we typically get.

This is correct. MSU is a Coach em up program. And State will keep firing and hiring until we find the right Coach em up Coach. It's not diamonds in the rough any more though. It's the guys who get passed over by the Blue Bloods who have something to prove and are willing to work harder to prove it. The Leach Beach needs to turn into the Gumbo Mud Pit, and these guys need to buy into it like Pigs to Slop!

TheLostDawg
12-10-2023, 12:54 PM
This is correct. MSU is a Coach em up program. And State will keep firing and hiring until we find the right Coach em up Coach. It's not diamonds in the rough any more though. It's the guys who get passed over by the Blue Bloods who have something to prove and are willing to work harder to prove it. The Leach Beach needs to turn into the Gumbo Mud Pit, and these guys need to buy into it like Pigs to Slop!

I think that it's help keep players most importantly for us instead of them going pro first chance they get. What's hurt is the free transfer. I feel like that has hurt us most. Look at the qb situation we would have had this past year

Dawgface
12-10-2023, 01:02 PM

I too am cynical about the new era we are in. But I'm not ready to throw my hands up yet. I'm hopeful that we see some adjustments to the system as total free agency and no salary cap is unsubstantial for the masses. But we will see.....if it does continue I probably will throw up my hands.

confucius say
12-10-2023, 01:05 PM
It’s hard to argue with that statement. It’s a fact, without regulation it’s not a sustainable model for 90% of the institutions.

But we've never been a top 20 program.
I see no reason we can't be a 7-5/8-4 program in this era just like we have been at our best times.

Just get the qb position right.

Bdawg
12-10-2023, 01:06 PM

I agree here. I feel at times we are just here to showcase talent that happen to seep through the cracks of the big boys and they just roster rob us if they feel the need. I feel this model is far worse for us than helpful. I think thats why Kiffen hit the portal hard at OM. It takes some leverage away from the players to some extent.

CaptainObvious
12-10-2023, 01:10 PM
I see no reason we can't be a 7-5/8-4 program in this era just like we have been at our best times.

Not defending 34 for his attitude but I do understand his issue. And as far as getting the QB right, Top 15 QBs don't want to play for 7-5, 8-4 programs. And they certainly don't want to transfer to a complete rebuild like we are staring at. Leach is not the reason we are in a complete rebuild though. Cohen and Keenum are.

confucius say
12-10-2023, 01:16 PM
Not defending 34 for his attitude but I do understand his issue. And as far as getting the QB right, Top 15 QBs don't want to play for 7-5, 8-4 programs. And they certainly don't want to transfer to a complete rebuild like we are staring at. Leach is not the reason we are in a complete rebuild though. Cohen and Keenum are.

Yea they do. Watch where they end up this cycle.

They want a platform, a chance to win, a good offense, and 7 figures. We now have 3 of the 4 for sure and if we can get back to the Mullen/leach 7-5/8-4 then that is plenty chance to win.

Coursesuper
12-10-2023, 01:19 PM

All of yall continue to reference the past, what we were and how we have done things in the past without regard for the drastic change in the paradigm. The fact is that the past is in the past, we have entered into a new era over the last two years it’s a new day whether you choose to see it or not.

BlackSailsDawg
12-10-2023, 01:27 PM
That’s two players while the haves are stockpiling talent 3 deep. This is not a sustainable situation. It will only change when those that are footing the bill decide it does. The math is very very simple.

LOL! It's not 2 players.

chef dixon
12-10-2023, 01:28 PM
All of yall continue to reference the past, what we were and how we have done things in the past without regard for the drastic change in the paradigm. The fact is that the past is in the past, we have entered into a new era over the last two years it’s a new day whether you choose to see it or not.

But what's really different at the end of the day? We sucked for 90% of the old era lol. We will cycle to 7-9 win seasons every so often just like before.

BlackSailsDawg
12-10-2023, 01:29 PM

I think that changed and it started under Mullen. Leach showed MSU that 4 star QBs would come here. We had more WRs in our room that were 4 star guys than ever. Now Lebby is showing it.

BlackSailsDawg
12-10-2023, 01:30 PM
Yea they do. Watch where they end up this cycle.

They want a platform, a chance to win, a good offense, and 7 figures. We now have 3 of the 4 for sure and if we can get back to the Mullen/leach 7-5/8-4 then that is plenty chance to win.

Which is why we got Shapen and MVB

Saltydog
12-10-2023, 01:32 PM
It?s hard to argue with that statement. It?s a fact, without regulation it?s not a sustainable model for 90% of the institutions.

Yep and I see and hear a lot of disgruntled fans and honestly, my interest has waned. I just don't get as emotionally involved as I did in the past. If something is not done soon, there's gonna be a lot more people that simply check out on collegiate sports, football in particular.

Coursesuper
12-10-2023, 01:55 PM
LOL! It's not 2 players.

That’s semantics and you’re trying to play word games when it painfully obvious what the point is young lady.

Goldendawg
12-10-2023, 02:16 PM
Is Magee committed or not? No change in our commits, team ranking on 24/7 and no article about this on genespage. ?????

SmokeyDawg
12-10-2023, 02:23 PM
Is Magee committed or not? No change in our commits, team ranking on 24/7 and no article about this on genespage. ?????

Just tweeted committed

Matt3467
12-10-2023, 02:30 PM

2014 we had a legitimate shot of at the very least playing for a national championship. I don't think that happens in this current state of things. Dak may not have been a bulldog very long along with a slew of others. I'd much rather have the under the table dealings of before a million times over than this. We missed out on Cam for what 200 thousand? That's 7 figures if it was today.

Coach34
12-10-2023, 02:43 PM
2014 we had a legitimate shot of at the very least playing for a national championship. I don't think that happens in this current state of things. Dak may not have been a bulldog very long along with a slew of others. I'd much rather have the under the table dealings of before a million times over than this. We missed out on Cam for what 200 thousand? That's 7 figures if it was today.

Exactly. That was just 9 short years ago. No way we could keep a team like that together now.

Coursesuper
12-10-2023, 02:48 PM

Bingo, well stated.

Dogbone
12-10-2023, 02:53 PM
And you said I was being a dick.

Sorry about that.

BlackSailsDawg
12-10-2023, 03:04 PM
Exactly. That was just 9 short years ago. No way we could keep a team like that together now.

Yes there is.

Quaoarsking
12-10-2023, 03:20 PM

Dak wouldn't have left after 2013. There was just no way for anyone to know he would have made such a big jump from 2013 (when he was solid but nothing special) to 2014 (when he probably should have won the Heisman, in hindsight).

It's possible he could have transferred somewhere after 2014, but remember that he could have done that anyway since he would have been a graduate transfer. I think we would have held on to him in 2015 since it's not like that team had a bunch of other superstars, so we could have put up a 7-figure package for him.

Coach34
12-10-2023, 03:28 PM
I don’t think we would have lost Dak. It’s the other guys like a Bear Wilson or Fred Ross that we would have had trouble keeping plus some others on D

confucius say
12-10-2023, 03:52 PM

Explain to me how we are positioned any differently than we were in 2009-2017. You can't. Because, factually, we aren't. Same money and resources relative to everybody else. If we make the right hires we can absolutely average 7.1-4.9 just like Dan did here.

confucius say
12-10-2023, 03:57 PM

And if we were coming off 2014 right now we'd pay Dak the 1.5 or 2 it would take and have another 6 million to divided between the rest. Our resources are the same they've always been relative to the competition

Coursesuper
12-10-2023, 03:57 PM
Yes there is.

No there’s not. See I can do that too. I can spew bullshit with no real evidence at any time.

Coursesuper
12-10-2023, 04:12 PM
Explain to me how we are positioned any differently than we were in 2009-2017. You can't. Because, factually, we aren't. Same money and resources relative to everybody else. If we make the right hires we can absolutely average 7.1-4.9 just like Dan did here.

I don’t know how to put other than if you can’t see for yourself how the landscape of collegiate athletics has changed for the worse for us I can’t help out here. Don’t lose it if we end up in the same situation as Wazzu and Ore State.

Coach34
12-10-2023, 07:24 PM

Thats not really being fair. Mullen averaged 8 wins per after his 1st initial season- not to mention he won 33 games his last 4 seasons and had built a roster in 2018 that was his best yet.

confucius say
12-11-2023, 12:25 AM
Thats not really being fair. Mullen averaged 8 wins per after his 1st initial season- not to mention he won 33 games his last 4 seasons and had built a roster in 2018 that was his best yet.

No he didn't. Taking year 1 away he averaged 7.38-4.62. Still very doable for lebby in years 2-9 if he stays here 9 years. Yall acting like that's now impossible in today's landscape is insane.

And Dan also threw up a 5-7 in year 8. He averaged 7.1-4.9 over 9 seasons. Very doable for lebby.

Todd4State
12-11-2023, 12:38 AM
No he didn't. Taking year 1 away he averaged 7.38-4.62. Still very doable for lebby in years 2-9 if he stays here 9 years. Yall acting like that's now impossible in today's landscape is insane.

And Dan also threw up a 5-7 in year 8. He averaged 7.1-4.9 over 9 seasons. Very doable for lebby.

The biggest difference is in 2009 with Cam we weren't willing to pay or play the game. Now we have the opportunity to do so because paying players isn't illegal anymore.

I think the new schedule format is going to help us out too. Remember 2022 when we had to play Alabama, Georgia, and LSU and went 8-4? It's going to be very unusual IMO for us to have a schedule that brutal- maybe 2 teams like that but not three. With today's format that team is probably a 10-3 team on the year including the bowl if not better.

And to your point Moorhead averaged what? 7.5 wins in two years? Leach averaged 6.7 with funky SEC scheduling in 2020 and if you take out 2020 he averaged 8.

Coach34
12-11-2023, 09:34 AM

Mullen won 64 games in his last 8 seasons after a 5-7 1st season rebuild. 64 divided by 8 = 8

Could Lebby average 7 wins? Probably. But it damn sure wont be any more than that. What we are saying is the road to 9 and 10 wins is going to be much tougher than it even was 5 years ago. College football is in a state of constant metamorphosis now.

confucius say
12-11-2023, 10:04 AM
Mullen won 64 games in his last 8 seasons after a 5-7 1st season rebuild. 64 divided by 8 = 8

Could Lebby average 7 wins? Probably. But it damn sure wont be any more than that. What we are saying is the road to 9 and 10 wins is going to be much tougher than it even was 5 years ago. College football is in a state of constant metamorphosis now.

No. He won 59 regular season games his last 8 years, 64 over 9 years, which is what the conversation was about. We were discussing whether 7-5/8-4 was possible anymore. Whether a bowl game is won or lost has nothing to do with that. And a lot of players and coaches don't even participate in bowl games. Irrelevant metric outside of playoff.

You say Lebby won't average any more than 7 wins?Is that some big statement? The debate started when I said Dan averaged 7.1-4.9 and that I see no reason that we can't be that going forward, and what was said by those on your side of the argument in response is that 7-5/8-4 was no longer doable, that we couldn't be what we've been in the past anymore due to the new era of cfb. The best sustained run we've ever had was Dan's 7.1-4.9 run. That's doable. And our past as a whole is worse than that, more like 6-6 which is certainly doable.
No sane person is arguing we will be a 9 or 10 win program.

Randolph Dupree
12-11-2023, 10:11 AM

I believe things will return to the mean like they almost always do. I think we're starting to see some of the first signs of it now. Look at TAMU and the Jimbo contract. They're not going to spend that much again and have a limit on the assistant coach pool ($11M total). Also hearing LSU is having some NIL issues. I think we are a cycle or two away from starting to see some logic being applied. Think multi year deals that lock players in or have a financial penalty for leaving. Also, may see more teams like Bama, UGA etc. saying if you go into the portal you lose your spot. At some point, not just for the dollar aspect, but you e gotta think the coaches are going to get tired of recruiting and re-recruiting the same kids year after year.

I'm all for the kids cashing in. Yeah they get the scholly and perks that come with it but anybody here that believes the universities are putting academics first are fooling themselves. When you figure in class time and other requirements these kids are putting 12 hour days and a lot of that is before they get to homework. Also, their body and ability is their commodity. That can be taken from them in one snap of the ball. They deserve to make money...within reason.

Coursesuper
12-11-2023, 10:15 AM

Yes exactly.

Matt3467
12-11-2023, 10:17 AM
No. He won 59 regular season games his last 8 years, 64 over 9 years, which is what the conversation was about. We were discussing whether 7-5/8-4 was possible anymore. Whether a bowl game is won or lost has nothing to do with that. And a lot of players and coaches don't even participate in bowl games. Irrelevant metric outside of playoff.

You say Lebby won't average any more than 7 wins?Is that some big statement? The debate started when I said Dan averaged 7.1-4.9 and that I see no reason that we can't be that going forward, and what was said by those on your side of the argument in response is that 7-5/8-4 was no longer doable, that we couldn't be what we've been in the past anymore due to the new era of cfb. The best sustained run we've ever had was Dan's 7.1-4.9 run. That's doable. And our past as a whole is worse than that, more like 6-6 which is certainly doable.

Dan had 69 wins here in 9 years. That's 7.6-5.1. The last 8 years his average was 8-4.9. Bowl games are relevant. The trend of players sitting out is still fairly recent. I don't think that was a big deal until maybe the last year or two of Mullen's tenure.

Randolph Dupree
12-11-2023, 10:21 AM
I believe things will return to the mean like they almost always do. I think we're starting to see some of the first signs of it now. Look at TAMU and the Jimbo contract. They're not going to spend that much again and have a limit on the assistant coach pool ($11M total). Also hearing LSU is having some NIL issues. I think we are a cycle or two away from starting to see some logic being applied. Think multi year deals that lock players in or have a financial penalty for leaving. Also, may see more teams like Bama, UGA etc. saying if you go into the portal you lose your spot. At some point, not just for the dollar aspect, but you e gotta think the coaches are going to get tired of recruiting and re-recruiting the same kids year after year.

I'm all for the kids cashing in. Yeah they get the scholly and perks that come with it but anybody here that believes the universities are putting academics first are fooling themselves. When you figure in class time and other requirements these kids are putting 12 hour days and a lot of that is before they get to homework. Also, their body and ability is their commodity. That can be taken from them in one snap of the ball. They deserve to make money...within reason.

Also will add that Cohen was a terrible AD. Just terrible, and it couldn't have come at a worse time with all the changes that came at the time. Beer sales, NIL, etc. We were late to the game with all of those. The guy had no vision or strategic plan. When you're in a role like that you have to have those things. Anyway, point is we can come back from it but it's going to take some time. I believe Selmon is going to get us there.

BlackSailsDawg
12-11-2023, 10:29 AM
No there?s not. See I can do that too. I can spew bullshit with no real evidence at any time.

It's not BS. It's understanding the new system. You can 100% build a program in the NIL age. And it's not really that difficult to understand either. Just because there is NIL and Portal doesn't mean there is not way. Here it is. Build your team around high 3 to 4 star players out of the portal that have 2 to 3 years left. They can not transfer again until they are a GT.

confucius say
12-11-2023, 10:33 AM
Dan had 69 wins here in 9 years. That's 7.6-5.1. The last 8 years his average was 8-4.9. Bowl games are relevant. The trend of players sitting out is still fairly recent. I don't think that was a big deal until maybe the last year or two of Mullen's tenure.

The debate was whether we could "be a 7-5/8-4 program in this era." I said we could. That literally was my first statement on the topic at issue. Course disagreed and said that was the past and things are different now. I responded with a challenge to point out to me how we cannot possibly equal the best time in our history and average 7.1-4.9. He retorted that he couldnt explain it but that I should be able to see it for myself. C34 then chimed in to our debate with an irrelevant metric that Dan won 5 bowl games during his time here. I pointed out that has nothing to do with whether we can be a 7.1-4.9 program.

Bowl games literally, factually, cannot be relevant to a debate of whether we can be a 7-5/8-4 program, not unless we switch to 11 regular season games. They can certainly be relevant to other debates though, such as whether or not they are important to make or a coach's overall win total at a school.

BlackSailsDawg
12-11-2023, 10:37 AM

In today's World, MSU has to have a coach that can come in and teach the system effectively using what he has. He has to be a great recruiter that understands the Portal is now your "High School" source in that they can not transfer again. But anybody saying we can not duplicate Mullen win or loss record refuses to look at Leach's last year. 9-4... in the NIL and PORTAL WORLD.

confucius say
12-11-2023, 10:47 AM
In today's World, MSU has to have a coach that can come in and teach the system effectively using what he has. He has to be a great recruiter that understands the Portal is now your "High School" source in that they can not transfer again. But anybody saying we can not duplicate Mullen win or loss record refuses to look at Leach's last year. 9-4... in the NIL and PORTAL WORLD.

I don't disagree. I would say that we don't know if leach could sustain being a 7.1-4.9 program in the portal era because he died before having the chance.
But I agree with your larger point that we can be a 7.1-4.9 regular season program in this era.

And if the debate is taken out of the context regular season only context, I also agree it is possible to average 7.67-5.1 counting bowl games, which is what Dan did.

BlackSailsDawg
12-11-2023, 11:13 AM
I don't disagree. I would say that we don't know if leach could sustain being a 7.1-4.9 program in the portal era because he died before having the chance.
But I agree with your larger point that we can be a 7.1-4.9 regular season program in this era.

And if the debate is taken out of the context regular season only context, I also agree it is possible to average 7.67-5.1 counting bowl games, which is what Dan did.

There is a top QB in the portal, using it for an example. He has 3 years left. Pay him 1.5 Million. If he comes here, you got your franchise QB. And there is more than enough just like him except the rating may be a 4 star... a high 3 star.

I hate it for HS students. Less opportunities due to the portal. I hate the system. I hate the results for college football. But it can still be done and done at MSU

OhGee
12-11-2023, 11:27 AM

Kiffin has a good solution to this and that is to primarily recruit the portal over HS signees. Players an only transfer once (unless their coach leaves). By taking guys for their one transfer, they are at Ole Miss period.

War Machine Dawg
12-11-2023, 11:40 AM
I don’t think we would have lost Dak. It’s the other guys like a Bear Wilson or Fred Ross that we would have had trouble keeping plus some others on D

Bingo. J-Rob's flaky arse would've jumped first chance he got.

HancockCountyDog
12-11-2023, 11:50 AM
There is a top QB in the portal, using it for an example. He has 3 years left. Pay him 1.5 Million. If he comes here, you got your franchise QB. And there is more than enough just like him except the rating may be a 4 star... a high 3 star.

I hate it for HS students. Less opportunities due to the portal. I hate the system. I hate the results for college football. But it can still be done and done at MSU

The missing part of this for a lot of our fans is that yes, it does appear that we have raised close to 10 million for the BI which is awesome, but this is not a one off. We can't spend 10 million for next year's team and simply expect to reload the BI with another 10 million.

You commit to paying a QB 1.5 million A YEAR, then when next year comes, that is a big bill right off the top.

This is why I think the whole system is screwed, we may end up spending 7-8 million on next year's roster, and unless we land some real difference makers in the portal, we will struggle to go 6-6 or 7-5. Our schedule is tough and our roster is depleted. How do you keep going to alumni telling them we need another 8-10 million just to keep the team together for another year and go out and land impact players in the portal?

All the hype about Deion and all the players he brought into Colorado, and he went 4-8 with a damn good QB and a first round talent CB/WR in Hunter and that was in the Pac 12.

Coach34
12-11-2023, 12:06 PM
Kiffin has a good solution to this and that is to primarily recruit the portal over HS signees. Players an only transfer once (unless their coach leaves). By taking guys for their one transfer, they are at Ole Miss period.

They get a 2nd chance to transfer once they become a grad

BlackSailsDawg
12-11-2023, 12:10 PM
They get a 2nd chance to transfer once they become a grad

That's nothing new.

Coach34
12-11-2023, 12:16 PM
That's nothing new.

Who said it was? Jus ttalking about hoe we have a FA system in college football thats hurting it severely

smootness
12-11-2023, 01:44 PM
Good grief, who is talking about poor ol Mittittippi Tate now?

Johnson85
12-12-2023, 09:44 AM

I get that we didn't look great last year at WR, but we didn't look good anywhere. Bump has been learning from a good coach. I'm not ready to write off his coaching ability because he didn't manage to provide more polish to the turd this year. We clearly were just dysfunctional all over the program and not every coach on last year's staff is going to turn out to be a shitty coach. Some of them were just victims of circumstance.