PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hubbard

NCMSTFAN
12-09-2023, 05:24 PM
I just re-watched the 1st half of our game against Tulane. Josh Hubbard may be the best pure scorer we have had at Mississippi State in alot of years, the kid just knows how to get the ball in the basket and he can finish around the rim as well. When is the last time a true Freshman has led us in scoring off the bench? Has it ever even happened?

I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see him make it to the NBA even at his size. That being said, I'm a little nervous about the blue bloods coming after him after this season... Hubbard can play anywhere in the country and we all know money talks now a days as well. I'd hate to lose him like we lost the last high profile Mississippi kid in Rodney Hood who transferred to Duke on us. He's a special kid and Jans is going to need to surround him with other more talent going forward.

RocketDawg
12-09-2023, 05:55 PM
I just re-watched the 1st half of our game against Tulane. Josh Hubbard may be the best pure scorer we have had at Mississippi State in alot of years, the kid just knows how to get the ball in the basket and he can finish around the rim as well. When is the last time a true Freshman has led us in scoring off the bench? Has it ever even happened?

I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see him make it to the NBA even at his size. That being said, I'm a little nervous about the blue bloods coming after him after this season... Hubbard can play anywhere in the country and we all know money talks now a days as well. I'd hate to lose him like we lost the last high profile Mississippi kid in Rodney Hood who transferred to Duke on us. He's a special kid and Jans is going to need to surround him with other more talent going forward.

Making a transfer sit a year like it was until recently would solve a lot of those problems.

cheewgumm
12-09-2023, 06:12 PM
We hvae a team that can go far this year.

That's what they need to do - strike while the iron is hot!

There is no tomorrow with NIL and transfer portal.

Thick
12-09-2023, 06:13 PM
I’m not worried about NIL money for basketball. We should be able to cover that easily. Josh comes from an outstanding family too. Been watching him since my 2 oldest attended MRA. He’s not only special, but he’s raised right with a family that have provided for him nicely. I think our bball donors won’t let him leave for money.

cheewgumm
12-09-2023, 06:28 PM
That sounds great, probably explains a lot of his success.

Todd4State
12-09-2023, 06:37 PM
Can he or Shakeel play PG so we can get both of them on the floor at the same time?

NCMSTFAN
12-09-2023, 06:55 PM
Can he or Shakeel play PG so we can get both of them on the floor at the same time?

Shak has played PG in the past. I'm not sure why Jans doesn't play them together much

Coach34
12-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Bulldog Royal Family in the furniture business are on top of all this