PDA

View Full Version : Dr Bo vs Freezus

PassInterference
12-06-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't know if you saw there was some real tension between Hugh and Bo at the Connerly presentation. Hugh barely acknowledged Bo. Almost forgot to shake Bo's hand. During Hugh's speech, Bo was just blank faced staring around the room. It was clear they weren't interested in each other and that Bo might rather have been somewhere else.

Gabe, by contrast, acted interested in what Dan had to say at the podium. He was attentive, nodded his head, etc.

Then there was the tweet from Bo's sister during the Egg Bowl. I see a rift between Hugh and Bo. Bo is probably seeing through Hugh's bullshit. Could melt down next season.

CJDAWG85
12-06-2013, 01:29 PM
That would be awesome!

Thick
12-06-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't know if you saw there was some real tension between Hugh and Bo at the Connerly presentation. Hugh barely acknowledged Bo. Almost forgot to shake Bo's hand. During Hugh's speech, Bo was just blank faced staring around the room. It was clear they weren't interested in each other and that Bo might rather have been somewhere else.

Gabe, by contrast, acted interested in what Dan had to say at the podium. He was attentive, nodded his head, etc.

Then there was the tweet from Bo's sister during the Egg Bowl. I see a rift between Hugh and Bo. Bo is probably seeing through Hugh's bullshit. Could melt down next season.

Didn't Bo originally attend ASU when Bucky was there? I thought they had some difference of opinions back then.

TrapGame
12-06-2013, 01:40 PM
I want a Houston Nutt-type melt down! I want Boise to come alive and win by a TD and drive these ****ers into an early depression! I want the team to give up mid way through the season and then we skull drag them in a 45 to 7 beat down to finish the season 9-3ish while they finish 5-7!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-06-2013, 01:41 PM
They have a history of butting heads when they were at Arkansas State. Funny how things change though in oxford...
http://wadeon1420.wordpress.com/2011/02/11/former-giles-county-star-qb-wallace-transfers-from-arkansas-state/
"Wallace cited differences with the coaching staff and new head coach Hugh Freeze as reasons for his transfer.
Former Giles County Bobcats standout Bo Wallace will transfer from Arkansas State to East Mississippi Community College.
“The coaches decided to redshirt me pretty early in the process,” Wallace said. “Of course I wanted to come in and play as a freshmen, but I also understand that few freshmen get to play right away. What bothered me more was that it didn’t seem like they continued to coach me so I could improve after they decided to redshirt me.”
Wallace added that while his decision was aided by the promotion of Freeze from offensive coordinator to new head coach, the decision to transfer was hard.
“They promoted the offensive coordinator to head coach and that made my decision to leave easier, because I didn’t feel like he had coached me during the year to improve as a player,” Wallace said. “I felt like changing schools might provide me with a better opportunity. The decision of where to transfer to was not an easy one.”"

Coach 57
12-06-2013, 01:43 PM
This'll be a big problem that'll rear it's ugly head in the bowl prep and even possibly in the bowl game.

smootness
12-06-2013, 02:09 PM
?They promoted the offensive coordinator to head coach and that made my decision to leave easier, because I didn?t feel like he had coached me during the year to improve as a player,? Wallace said.

Well, well, well, Looks like here we have more support behind the idea that Freeze is all about trying to acquire talent and call plays and not about player development and actual coaching up.

Seems to me that this could be a much bigger issue for them than any tension between Freeze and Wallace next year.

I guess ultimately Ole Miss was the only offer of that quality he received? I know he had an offer from us, but he also knew he could step in there and start. Otherwise, I can't think of why he went there.

Goat Holder
12-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Not good at all for the confederates.....I knew when Freeze bad-mouthed him during and after the Egg Bowl that he'd made a mistake. Wallace is one of the reasons Freeze has been successful, and he threw him under the bus. Bad, bad thing to do. If I were Freeze I'd apologize to him in front of the whole team, give some rah rah speech about being a man and admitting mistakes or some shit.

I do not respect Freeze near as much as I used to. He let his emotions get the best of him and hurt a kid in the process. Wallace has played his ass off for them the past 2 years and that is the thanks he gets? Similar to Tyler Russell. You can't take the things you say back, especially in the public eye. We all need to think about that.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Well, well, well, Looks like here we have more support behind the idea that Freeze is all about trying to acquire talent and call plays and not about player development and actual coaching up.

Seems to me that this could be a much bigger issue for them than any tension between Freeze and Wallace next year.

I guess ultimately Ole Miss was the only offer of that quality he received? I know he had an offer from us, but he also knew he could step in there and start. Otherwise, I can't think of why he went there.
There was some talk about Texas offering, but they chose not to. He was going to walk-on at ole miss until we brought him in for a visit and offered him a scholarship. This made om use a scholarship instead of getting him as a walk-on.
Here is an interesting quote from Kirk Bohls of UT: "Wallace told me this week that he'd become an Ole Miss fan since making a trip there as a freshman from Pulaski, Tenn. He loves getting encouraging texts from Rebels legend Eli Manning."
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2012/9/13/3325276/bo-wallace-texas-longhorns-recruiting-ole-miss-rebels-not-a-texas-option
Ole Miss OC Dan Werner: "The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Wallace has a strong arm, but that's not his biggest asset.
"Everybody talks about how strong an arm a quarterback has," Rebels offensive coordinator Dan Werner said, "but sometimes that just means it gets intercepted faster."
"He's big and athletic," Werner said. "It's not like you see RG III, but he is elusive and makes guys miss. The thing I've been impressed with and happy with is his decision-making process. He's made very few bad decisions."
How many?
Werner can recount one in Wallace's first two games, when he didn't pick up a UTEP safety rolling to the middle of the field last Saturday. "Hopefully he won't make the same mistake," Werner said. "But I've had quarterbacks who've made six or seven in one game."
http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/college/will-ole-miss-wallace-become-latest-passed-over-qb/nSLMT/

Goat Holder
12-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Wallace is a good player, you guys need to hang that up about people not wanting him and people only offering because of others. He's a good player and has helped them tremendously, end of story.

smootness
12-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Wallace is a good player, you guys need to hang that up about people not wanting him and people only offering because of others. He's a good player and has helped them tremendously, end of story.

Huh?

The purpose of me bringing up how Ole Miss got him was not to bash him as a player. It was to ask how he ended up at Ole Miss when it was clear when he left Arkansas State that it was largely due to Freeze. I'm trying to knock Freeze, not Wallace.

CooterDavenport
12-06-2013, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=PassInterference;101587]Gabe, by contrast, acted interested in what Dan had to say at the podium. He was attentive, nodded his head, etc.
/QUOTE]

I have heard similarly about Wallace/Freeze. But if you were there, surely you would have noticed that Hevesy and not Dan was there with Gabe and giving his speech.

Goat Holder
12-06-2013, 03:02 PM
It was more just a general comment to many different posts, not really yours in particular.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-06-2013, 03:11 PM
I agree that he has helped them, but to say he's been perfect is an understatement. That's why I find Werner's comment pretty ironic, it's like he saw the writing on the wall with Bo and his tendency to make mistakes. It speaks volumes to me that Freeze benched him once and doesn't have enough confidence in him to turn over the reins completely. It will be interesting to see how long Bo stays in the starting role next year.

Barking 13
12-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I haven't dug into it, but can someone tell me chronologically Wallaces career, seems like he's been all over the place, meaning just how many years eligbility does this guy have.. did he play as a true freshman at EMCC before transferring to ASU then OM? just wondering...

CJDAWG85
12-06-2013, 04:27 PM
I think he went to ASU, then to EMCC, then to OM.

LiterallyPolice
12-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Does anyone have a link to the Hugh freeze press conference? I've heard a lot of talk about what he said, but never watched it myself.

was21
12-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Bo was probably wishing he was somewhere else because he knew he wasn't to get the trophy and he was embarrassed because he had just had his ass handed to him several days before.

PassInterference
12-06-2013, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=PassInterference;101587]Gabe, by contrast, acted interested in what Dan had to say at the podium. He was attentive, nodded his head, etc.
/QUOTE]

I have heard similarly about Wallace/Freeze. But if you were there, surely you would have noticed that Hevesy and not Dan was there with Gabe and giving his speech.

I am repeating what was reported by reporters who were there.

PassInterference
12-06-2013, 04:38 PM
And BTW, I like the audio drops on the intro to Head To Head's radio show. One of them is Freeze yelling "No, Bo, no!".

PassInterference
12-06-2013, 05:24 PM
EDIT - oops wrong thread