PDA

View Full Version : Severe Weather Tomorrow

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2023, 09:13 AM
Severe weather still looking likely tomorrow and if model trends continue, I could see an upgrade to an enhanced threat. Latest write up below.

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/p/vCmxye7XyFfozMEu/?mibextid=WC7FNe

parabrave
12-08-2023, 09:24 AM
Where you staging??>

MabenMaroon
12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up!
Is there a narrower time frame for Webster/Oktibbeha Counties?

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2023, 11:16 AM
Where you staging??>

I haven't completely decided but I'm hearing Grenada is nice this time of year.

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up!
Is there a narrower time frame for Webster/Oktibbeha Counties?

More than likely after dark. Could be some pop up showers earlier.

parabrave
12-08-2023, 12:32 PM

Dang that south. Thought it would be up more to the north. Now if a storm cell goes into an adjoining state would you go there?>

MabenMaroon
12-08-2023, 01:00 PM
Thanks, the wife wants to know when to start getting edgy

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2023, 01:50 PM
Dang that south. Thought it would be up more to the north. Now if a storm cell goes into an adjoining state would you go there?>

I have and will and now that we have that agreement with ABC44 in Memphis we'll try to get up in there coverage area, too.

Msujd164
12-08-2023, 01:59 PM
What about Huntsville? Anything looking dicey up this way?

Churchill
12-08-2023, 04:24 PM

Man you could see for miles around from a boat in the middle of that sucker **

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2023, 04:41 PM

Huntsville is currently right on the edge of the slight/marginal risk lines so I'd definitely stay aware. One thing to mention is the 18z HRRR had a pronounced shift north of the strongest storms into TN. Am very interested to see if the 00Z run continues this or brings it back more into MS. Another note is the NAM3K immediately takes storm mode linear instead of keeping it more discrete. If that scenario plays out Tyne expect a lower tornado threat and higher damaging wind threat.

RocketDawg
12-08-2023, 04:41 PM

A couple of inches of rain, and maybe a thunderstorm or two, not nothing severe according to the local guys.

Dawg_Lover
12-09-2023, 04:57 AM
Curious about the latest prediction updates, and especially for NW Mississippi. Knowing most normal people are sleeping at this time, not expecting an answer anytime soon, or if you have time at all.
Will pray for all to stay safe.

starkvegasdawg
12-09-2023, 06:06 AM
Curious about the latest prediction updates, and especially for NW Mississippi. Knowing most normal people are sleeping at this time, not expecting an answer anytime soon, or if you have time at all.
Will pray for all to stay safe.

NW MS is still under the slight risk (no upgrade to enhanced) for all modes of severe weather, but it appears the biggest tornado threat looks to be for NE MS, NW AL, and south central TN in the late evening and early overnight hours. This is due to a low level jet maximizing over this area during that time. Not to say other areas can't or won't see a tornado. The HRRR updraft helicity tracks is taking multiple supercells across extreme north MS this afternoon and tonight. All of them will have the potential to do something. I'm still debating on where I want to stage. Couple guys on the team seem to be hedging their bets north of Tupelo. I haven't decided if I want to put all my eggs in that one basket or take a more central location in case one of those storms further west tries something. I still have a few hours to watch trends and see how things look to shape up. One thing the SPC did mention is the early storms looked to be elevated which means they're not anchored in warm surface air. Elevated storms rarely produce tornadoes, but can produce large hail. So possible good news for the west part of the state if that ends up being the case.

Dawg_Lover
12-09-2023, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the detailed update. I?m near Hernando & the junction of I-55 & I-269, so it?s sounding like the worst might skip over our heads. I?ll take it, but the E & NE neighbors might be in for a rough time. Hoping & praying this will not develop into anything significant. Stay safe all, and thanks again.

RocketDawg
12-09-2023, 02:44 PM

A couple of inches of rain, and maybe a thunderstorm or two, not nothing severe according to the local guys.

Looks like the chances for severe have increased for Huntsville area. It'll be interesting to see if the tornado watch that covers much of Mississippi scoots over this way later on.

parabrave
12-09-2023, 03:43 PM
guys along I40 west of Nashville take cover a line of TW storms headed your way.

parabrave
12-09-2023, 03:44 PM
And a TW cell headed to Clarksdale