PDA

View Full Version : Gods Plan

Cowbell
12-07-2023, 11:43 PM
Guys - I'm over all this portal nonsense. I'm over the drama that it creates and I'm over 18 yr old kids thinking they make the world revolve.

I, for one, am fine with letting go of any player that wants to play Twitter and social media games. Like Tulu. And Zavion. And Stonka. I can understand a kid that has proven their worth on the field approaching The BI about more NIL money. That's capitalism. But playing all these immature games and calling it God's Plan is a slap in the face to what I believe about the only true God.

Truth is we are letting football become a God and I'm to the point where I would rather us get good solid kids that want to play as a unit and want to play for the love of the sport and let NIL pay them as they perform. None of these drama kids has ever worked out here. None. Ever. So let's quit playing the games and send them packing and make room for good young men who want a shot. We ain't winning a natty so we might as well have kids like Jett and Bookie who we are proud to call our own. Think about that. Those two led the league in tackles last year and somebody must have made them delete their "Gods Plan - respect my decision tweets" cause I never saw any or any where they entered the portal for more money.

BeardoMSU
12-08-2023, 01:46 AM
I'll give you $5 to pitch this message on an FSU board, lol.

99jc
12-08-2023, 07:18 AM
Guys - I'm over all this portal nonsense. I'm over the drama that it creates and I'm over 18 yr old kids thinking they make the world revolve.

I, for one, am fine with letting go of any player that wants to play Twitter and social media games. Like Tulu. And Zavion. And Stonka. I can understand a kid that has proven their worth on the field approaching The BI about more NIL money. That's capitalism. But playing all these immature games and calling it God's Plan is a slap in the face to what I believe about the only true God.

Truth is we are letting football become a God and I'm to the point where I would rather us get good solid kids that want to play as a unit and want to play for the love of the sport and let NIL pay them as they perform. None of these drama kids has ever worked out here. None. Ever. So let's quit playing the games and send them packing and make room for good young men who want a shot. We ain't winning a natty so we might as well have kids like Jett and Bookie who we are proud to call our own. Think about that. Those two led the league in tackles last year and somebody must have made them delete their "Gods Plan - respect my decision tweets" cause I never saw any or any where they entered the portal for more money.

Wecome to BAMA!

msstate7
12-08-2023, 07:41 AM
Wecome to BAMA!

Their god is greater than our god

somebodyshotmypaw
12-08-2023, 07:45 AM
Yep. The game is being destroyed in front of our eyes. I’m losing interest fast. It’s annual free agency without a salary cap. Nobody will ever win a championship anymore. Teams will simply buy a championship. The enjoyment is being taken away.

The NFL is smart enough to know that Patrick Mahomes can’t be a free agent every season. They know a salary cap is necessary. College better find a solution quickly.

Matt3467
12-08-2023, 09:02 AM
These kids are mercenaries and will go to the highest bidder. There's no loyalty to the program or any program for that matter. If they leave why should we support them? Let them leave if they want but all these "best wishes" and this or that I don't care one bit for. Greed is rotting sports from the inside out.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
12-08-2023, 09:10 AM

Amen!!

sleepy dawg
12-08-2023, 09:46 AM

Remove yourself from wherever it is you're seeing all that mess. I've never seen any of their tweets and had no idea until now. There's unlimited amounts of things in the world that are a slap in the face to God. What are you giving your time and energy to? You can watch football without following players on twitter, and if you can't, then it may be time for you to find another hobby than to put yourself through all this.

Hot Rock
12-08-2023, 10:08 AM
I feel the same way about any coach that uses God to recruit a player. Dabo, Freeze, Tuberville, etc... They are all scum in my eyes.

Thing is, this is not new. People have been hiding behind God to make money since the invention of money. You do remember Jesus losing his cool at church one day and turning over a bunch of tables for the money changers.

Extendedcab
12-08-2023, 11:33 AM

I'm with you cowbell!

Maybe they will have to create this "super conference" first and let the rest of the universities return to amateur athletics the way it used to be?? I don't know, but college athletics is surely a mess now and I am very quickly loosing interest! When the universities start, above the table, paying layers openly, I think I'm out totally. That will do it for me and my household. :(

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-08-2023, 11:41 AM
Are you saying we need to cut off these "Gods Plan" NIL desiring "high drama" kids because they don't pan out, or because you want a team to full of the "right kind" of player you enjoy watching?

Because if you're saying cutting off these players will help us win games, you're delusional. This sport if full of college and NFL coaches coddling high drama players because those players can produce on the field. Plenty of narcissistic people are good at their craft. One LB made Auburn and Bama coaches have a dance off at a family BBQ and those grown ass men swallowed their pride and did it. That recruit? 5* and first round draft pick Rashan Evans.

Now, if you're saying you don't care about wins and are wanting to watch a team of players who are doing it "for the right reasons" or whatever, then go watch FCS. Thats almost entirely just dudes who love the game and expect no money from it.

Coursesuper
12-08-2023, 11:44 AM
Are you saying we need to cut off these "Gods Plan" NIL desiring "high drama" kids because they don't pan out, or because you want a team to full of the "right kind" of player you enjoy watching?

Because if you're saying cutting off these players will help us win games, you're delusional. This sport if full of college and NFL coaches coddling high drama players because if those players can produce on the field. Plenty of narcissistic people are good at their craft.

Now, if you're saying you don't care about wins and are wanting to watch a team of players who are doing it "for the right reasons" or whatever, then go watch FCS. Thats almost entirely just dudes who love the game and expect no money from it.

Millsaps is looking for a few more in the stands for sure.

Goldendawg
12-08-2023, 12:03 PM
I'm still waiting for a prayerful explanation about Artie Cosby's attempted field goal.*****

GeoDawg
12-08-2023, 12:30 PM
"Now, if you're saying you don't care about wins and are wanting to watch a team of players who are doing it "for the right reasons" or whatever, then go watch FCS. Thats almost entirely just dudes who love the game and expect no money from it."

I attended a Mississippi Junior College Baseball Showcase with my son this fall. The coach spoke to the parents before the showcase began. One of the things he discussed was the fact that they were about to hire a person to run their NIL initiative.

That's Junior College Baseball!

R2Dawg
12-08-2023, 12:31 PM

Great post and spot on. I've been saying similar since this whole thing started. Love of money is root of all evil. Feeding the greed, jealousy, and selfishness will destroy everything good including winning and especially culture.

I'll tell you what else. Yes everyone wants to win but 90% of fanbases everywhere are sick of it. Yes TV numbers still up but that is because TV is basically free and people don't care to sit and home and watch their team and try to remember back to the good ole days when your heart was in your team. Everyone got their hand out now and everyone got their hand in your pocket too. This won't end like a few think it will.

MrCoachKlein
12-08-2023, 12:42 PM
Remove yourself from wherever it is you're seeing all that mess. I've never seen any of their tweets and had no idea until now. There's unlimited amounts of things in the world that are a slap in the face to God. What are you giving your time and energy to? You can watch football without following players on twitter, and if you can't, then it may be time for you to find another hobby than to put yourself through all this.

While I agree with Cowbell for the most part, probably the correct answer. Social media is a disease. Glad I cured myself of it over a decade ago

Extendedcab
12-08-2023, 01:06 PM
I'm still waiting for a prayerful explanation about Artie Cosby's attempted field goal.*****

I think it was demonic! :confused:

C&DDAWG32
12-08-2023, 01:14 PM
It's not the kids fault. If there weren't people willing to pay as much as their asking then they wouldn't demand the amount of money they are. The greed isn't on the kids, it's on the institutions enabling it. If I was in their shoes I'd do the same thing. You'd be stupid not too.

BlackSailsDawg
12-08-2023, 01:17 PM
It's really simple to keep a roster together. It's all in how you build it.

Bothrops
12-08-2023, 02:22 PM
This country has changed. College football is just a small part of it.

TUSK
12-08-2023, 02:55 PM
This thread has potential...

https://media1.tenor.com/m/kXzSI5WkkFAAAAAC/ill-allow-it-community.gif