PDA

View Full Version : Lebby's offense over the past 5 years

BlackSailsDawg
12-07-2023, 10:25 AM
https://twitter.com/LangloisMSU/status/1732566599830282326

FISHDAWG
12-07-2023, 10:49 AM
The football intellect is there for sure.... just have to find a way to get players to work with.... it may take him a season or two just to figure out his staff but one thing is for sure- he is capable, do we have the patience to allow the time it's going to take. For whatever reason I seem to feel much more comfortable with Lebby than the previous two hires

Leroy Jenkins
12-07-2023, 10:50 AM
And total offensive points scored in the last five years...#1.

BlackSailsDawg
12-07-2023, 11:02 AM
He has the staff. He has the Nil to get some play makers too.

Coach34
12-07-2023, 11:03 AM
He's been good offensively. We'll see how he does managing everything now. Something to look forward to while we are recruiting right now

BlackSailsDawg
12-07-2023, 11:04 AM
And total offensive points scored in the last five years...#1.

Nice!

CaptainObvious
12-07-2023, 11:07 AM
I feel comfortable with his offensive staff. He doesn't have a QB on the roster to put up these kinds of numbers. Unless Weir comes out of no where to be the guy! Parson may have been told to stay in the pocket this season, but at haven't seen him roll out and make accurate throws on option Run/Pass plays. Maybe we don't have enough evidence due to him not getting much PT even after Will got hurt.

MrCoachKlein
12-07-2023, 11:22 AM
Weird how excited BlackSails and KB21 are over a run first offense. Run first was an exact quote from Lebby btw

Dogbone
12-07-2023, 11:30 AM
Weird how excited BlackSails and KB21 are over a run first offense. Run first was an exact quote from Lebby btw

How about stop trying to start any crap!!

Offshore Dawg
12-07-2023, 12:02 PM
The football intellect is there for sure.... just have to find a way to get players to work with.... it may take him a season or two just to figure out his staff but one thing is for sure- he is capable, do we have the patience to allow the time it's going to take. For whatever reason I seem to feel much more comfortable with Lebby than the previous two hires
if you ask yourself this then who could you get that would be better.

PGHBulldogBG
12-07-2023, 12:17 PM
Those are impressive offensive numbers. There is no doubt he is a great offensive minded coach which is what Miss State needs. The big question is whether he can translate that to being the head guy in charge.

Coursesuper
12-07-2023, 12:23 PM
That’s just wonderful, now, can you people see this for what it is? I doubt it judging from the responses so far. Let’s see how this plays out for us. I like this hire and the staff so far but I’ll not attach anything to them yet, just wait and see how this goes we have to be patient here.

FISHDAWG
12-07-2023, 12:57 PM
if you ask yourself this then who could you get that would be better.

I'm just saying that it might take a couple years to iron the wrinkles out with the staff ... some who have questioned the experience level or to tweak the recruiting machine or whatever changes (if any) will be needed...... I'm not sure who's better- Lebby would know that better than me but I have a strange confidence in Lebby that I don't know where it's coming from- more like just a feeling

KB21
12-07-2023, 01:06 PM

It's because it isn't run first nor is it run to set up the pass but keep being your dumbass self.

Todd4State
12-07-2023, 02:15 PM
I feel comfortable with his offensive staff. He doesn't have a QB on the roster to put up these kinds of numbers. Unless Weir comes out of no where to be the guy! Parson may have been told to stay in the pocket this season, but at haven't seen him roll out and make accurate throws on option Run/Pass plays. Maybe we don't have enough evidence due to him not getting much PT even after Will got hurt.

Parson is going to kill it in this offense. Especially with the receivers we're potentially bringing in.

MrCoachKlein
12-07-2023, 02:28 PM
It's because it isn't run first nor is it run to set up the pass but keep being your dumbass self.

I'm the dumbass? Guess Lebby needs you to tell him what kind of offense he runs.

?From a philosophical standpoint, there?s a bunch of similarities,? Lebby said. ?Playing with tempo, run first.

https://selloutcrowd.com/the-latest/2023/11/25/jeff-lebby-kendal-briles-the-brother-in-law-offenses-that-ignited-ou-tcu/

Dogbone
12-07-2023, 02:39 PM
I'm the dumbass? Guess Lebby needs you to tell him what kind of offense he runs.

?From a philosophical standpoint, there?s a bunch of similarities,? Lebby said. ?Playing with tempo, run first.

https://selloutcrowd.com/the-latest/2023/11/25/jeff-lebby-kendal-briles-the-brother-in-law-offenses-that-ignited-ou-tcu/

I’d like to know where you and 34 got those “coach” tags in front of your names? Walmart??

Coursesuper
12-07-2023, 02:46 PM
Parson is going to kill it in this offense. Especially with the receivers we're potentially bringing in.

We had better be potentially bringing in some OL. It’s awfully hard throwing the ball from your back.

BlackSailsDawg
12-07-2023, 02:48 PM
We had better be potentially bringing in some OL. It’s awfully hard throwing the ball from your back.

100% believe that our issues were on the OL coach

Really Clark?
12-07-2023, 02:58 PM

Regardless if it was or not last year we are losing a lot along the line, we need multiple transfers that can go.

BlackSailsDawg
12-07-2023, 03:00 PM
Regardless if it was or not last year we are losing a lot along the line, we need multiple transfers that can go.

True. Looks like we will get the NT center. but going to need more.

Coursesuper
12-07-2023, 03:24 PM

Well from my experience believing is easy and knowing is hard. I know that most of our OL starts and depth are no longer with us. We better acquire a bunch of newcomers that can play or this high flying offense isn?t getting off the ground.

MrCoachKlein
12-07-2023, 03:31 PM
I’d like to know where you and 34 got those “coach” tags in front of your names? Walmart??

Guess someone has never seen the waterboy. Only thing I've ever coached is kids soccer.

However, I'm not the one who said the offense is run first. Coach Lebby did.

For what it's worth I'm not married to an offensive philosophy. I just want to be good on offense and I'd prefer to not watch 35 checkdowns a game personally.

I just thought it was funny that the AR crowd is so committed that they'd argue with an SEC HC over what his offense does.

FISHDAWG
12-07-2023, 04:18 PM
I swear this board is morphing into 6 pack .... to much in your face bull shit going around these days

SailingDawg
12-07-2023, 04:23 PM
No way Will Rogers fits into Lebby?s scheme?

BlackSailsDawg
12-07-2023, 04:36 PM

I think Rogers is moving on.

C&DDAWG32
12-07-2023, 04:40 PM
I think Rogers is moving on.

Have you hear anything on where he may end up? Really want him to go do good things.

MrCoachKlein
12-07-2023, 04:41 PM
I swear this board is morphing into 6 pack .... to much in your face bull shit going around these days

Seems like it all started around when KB got kicked off genes page or decided to come over here or whatever.

I've played a part in the nonsense. My blood gets boiling when people are dishonest in a debate. Like not responding when facts are pointed out opposite of what they said or lying and twisting facts to fit their narrative. If anyone wants to be bored and look at my post history, I called out c34 when I didn't think he was giving leach a fair chance in 2020-21. If I was a RTGDFB or AR cultist I'd just go be an AM fan. They've got the best cult in the SEC*

State82
12-07-2023, 04:48 PM

Have to agree.

BlackSailsDawg
12-07-2023, 04:49 PM
Have you hear anything on where he may end up? Really want him to go do good things.

He is projected to Washington.

BlackSailsDawg
12-07-2023, 04:51 PM
Have to agree.

I just ignore those few.

MrCoachKlein
12-07-2023, 04:55 PM
I just ignore those few.

Lol, you forgot your sarcasteric *

The AR cult, C34 to an extent and the 'C34 only likes arnett BC his buddies' crew are the ones driving it. Hell you're in the front seat.

Todd4State
12-07-2023, 08:56 PM
Guess someone has never seen the waterboy. Only thing I've ever coached is kids soccer.

However, I'm not the one who said the offense is run first. Coach Lebby did.

For what it's worth I'm not married to an offensive philosophy. I just want to be good on offense and I'd prefer to not watch 35 checkdowns a game personally.

I just thought it was funny that the AR crowd is so committed that they'd argue with an SEC HC over what his offense does.

It's more like RPO heavy than run first. That's the bulk of the running game in this offense. I'd guess that Lebby only runs designed runs about 30% of the time. There are very few designed runs in this offense. Similar to the Air Raid in that regard.

Coach34
12-07-2023, 09:15 PM
I?d like to know where you and 34 got those ?coach? tags in front of your names? Walmart??

Spencers

Coach34
12-07-2023, 09:17 PM

Not even a little bit

MrCoachKlein
12-07-2023, 09:44 PM

Complete silence since I slapped that quote in your face. Go 17 yourself

Extendedcab
12-07-2023, 09:49 PM
Wow, and we are all supposed to be fans of the same university. I would hate to see dialog with your favorite OM slob!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-07-2023, 10:33 PM

It's everywhere and now the MSU "media" or whatever you call them have appointed themselves as the smartest person in the room too. It's insufferable.