PDA

View Full Version : Momentum buster

Bark
12-06-2023, 02:46 PM
Lebby has effectively killed all of the buzz generated when he was announced as the hire. I don't think it was anybody's first pick but I think everyone was really excited about it after hearing him speak and the great job the athletic department did on rolling out his hire.

He has put together what seems to be one of the worst staffs we've had..on paper anyway. We'll see what the results are but man how disappointing he didn't make some big hires on either side of the ball and then off the field roles we just retained guys. Oh well. I guess we'll see what happens.

PMDawg
12-06-2023, 02:56 PM
Bark....woof....

Hmmmmm

preachermatt83
12-06-2023, 02:57 PM
Good grief we have to most ignorant fan base in America

woof
12-06-2023, 02:59 PM
Lebby has effectively killed all of the buzz generated when he was announced as the hire. I don't think it was anybody's first pick but I think everyone was really excited about it after hearing him speak and the great job the athletic department did on rolling out his hire.

He has put together what seems to be one of the worst staffs we've had..on paper anyway. We'll see what the results are but man how disappointing he didn't make some big hires on either side of the ball and then off the field roles we just retained guys. Oh well. I guess we'll see what happens.

This is the most Forrest Gumper take I have ever read, lol. Huge SWING & Miss Sir! You have no data or evidence to back up your theory of relative stupidity, lol. How about RELAX and give Lebby & his staff a chance.

woof
12-06-2023, 03:01 PM
Bark....woof....

Hmmmmm

ohhhh hell no! don't lump me in with him. I just gave his theory of relative/stupidity a "disapprove of post" on the rep button, lol. HUGE Swing & Miss, Sir!

woof
12-06-2023, 03:03 PM

tsun black bear fan much? lol

Coursesuper
12-06-2023, 03:06 PM
This board is the damn Dr Pepper commercial where they all melt on the on first play of the season.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2023, 03:08 PM
This board is the damn Dr Pepper commercial where they all melt on the on first play of the season.

Nailed it!

RezDog7
12-06-2023, 03:10 PM

Nah, just obvious OM trolls. Couldn't imagine waisting so much time on my rivals site if I wasn't completely and utterly obsessed.

BankerDog
12-06-2023, 03:10 PM
How? Our two defensive guys know talent evaluation from Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, etc not to mention the Oklahoma guys. You don?t think these guys know talent evals from those programs and who is entering the transfer portal etc? It?s Jimmy and Joes now boys and we are changing our culture to true evaluators of talent. The game is moving from HS recruiting to portal recruiting.

ScoobaDawg
12-06-2023, 03:13 PM
Some people just except us to rehire old names or retreads.

Defense is one thing I've never really worried about with State. We can get good talent. better recruiters upgrades that.. and we will be fine...

Coursesuper
12-06-2023, 03:15 PM
Nah, just obvious OM trolls. Couldn't imagine waisting so much time on my rivals site if I wasn't completely and utterly obsessed.

You underestimate the propensity of our own to ramp up the dumbassery to 11 when properly triggered. The confederates are easy to spot.

Really Clark?
12-06-2023, 03:20 PM
You underestimate the propensity of our own to ramp up the dumbassery to 11 when properly triggered. The confederates are easy to spot.

Hahaha...so true

chef dixon
12-06-2023, 03:25 PM
You're acting like we've rehired Peter Sirmon

dawggoneit
12-06-2023, 03:28 PM
Just weird to see woof and bark arguing with himself.

Homedawg
12-06-2023, 03:48 PM

Perfect analogy

BankerDog
12-06-2023, 04:15 PM

Defense is one thing I've never really worried about with State. We can get good talent. better recruiters upgrades that.. and we will be fine...

Everyone wanted a young coach to have energy and we go do it and people still gripe!

StoneDawg
12-06-2023, 04:17 PM
Click an Ad Bear

Commercecomet24
12-06-2023, 04:37 PM
How? Our two defensive guys know talent evaluation from Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, etc not to mention the Oklahoma guys. You don?t think these guys know talent evals from those programs and who is entering the transfer portal etc? It?s Jimmy and Joes now boys and we are changing our culture to true evaluators of talent. The game is moving from HS recruiting to portal recruiting.

Yes! Thank you!

Lord McBuckethead
12-06-2023, 04:40 PM

Who the heck is this dude?

Coursesuper
12-06-2023, 04:58 PM

This one has a real confederate scent.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2023, 05:05 PM
This one has a real confederate scent.

An absolute troll.

Bark
12-06-2023, 05:59 PM
An absolute troll.

Haha good grief. You sniffed me out Barney. "We got one, Andy!" Honestly I wish I was and I'd be a lot happier person. Unfortunately I was born into this misery. I'm so sick of the aw shucks attitudes. I don't like losing but hey if y'all enjoy supporting programs that constantly under achieve...great news!

Goldendawg
12-06-2023, 06:03 PM
Haha good grief. You sniffed me out Barney. "We got one, Andy!" Honestly I wish I was and I'd be a lot happier person. Unfortunately I was born into this misery. I'm so sick of the aw shucks attitudes. I don't like losing but hey if y'all enjoy supporting programs that constantly under achieve...great news!

Joined in August, 2013, and 164 posts since and just started blessing us again with these insights. Where have you been when we needed you over the last 10 years?*****

BeardoMSU
12-06-2023, 06:22 PM
Bark....woof....

Hmmmmm

Yup, yep.

BeardoMSU
12-06-2023, 06:24 PM

He always refers to the Civil War as "The War of Nawthun Uhggreshun".***

Bothrops
12-06-2023, 06:25 PM

Whether he's right or wrong, we do have the dumbest fans in America. .....And Bama.

99jc
12-06-2023, 06:33 PM

i smell an ox fart

schddog72
12-06-2023, 06:44 PM

Oh woe is me, oh woe is me . . . . . . the sky is falling!! ALWAYS with the negative waves, Moriarity!!

civildawg
12-06-2023, 06:48 PM
I mean these hires are appalling for a SEC team. If I was just looking at names on paper, I would think this staff is at Troy or South Alabama

defiantdog
12-06-2023, 07:18 PM
Alright Enforcer, it's time to ban the Oxford, MS IP addresses. I know you see them.

EdwardDrayton
12-06-2023, 07:22 PM

Exaggerate much?!!?

BlackSailsDawg
12-06-2023, 07:37 PM
I mean these hires are appalling for a SEC team. If I was just looking at names on paper, I would think this staff is at Troy or South Alabama

No they aren't.

R2Dawg
12-06-2023, 08:18 PM

Generally agree with this. Just get or keep the D talent we have in state, and just don't be an idiot as DC and you'll do fine.

We hired Lebby really to fix the O, just need moderate competence on D and good recruiting and it will work out fine.

Homedawg
12-06-2023, 08:30 PM
I don't know whether the defensive or offensive staff is any good. Nobody knows. Well, KB im sure does. He knows everything. But im gonna give them a shot. With that said, I promise you Lebby wants to win more than anyone here. It's his nuts in the line. Not ours. Either he wins and stays here a while or moves onto a better job. The other option is get fired. So, he didn't just go hire people he can play golf with. He hired guys he thinks can coach and help HIM succeed. To think otherwise is just moronic

Dogbone
12-06-2023, 08:36 PM

I’m pretty sure Troy and South Alabama have a message board you can join. That would give you three with the one on Ole Miss.

CaptainObvious
12-06-2023, 08:41 PM
I don't know whether the defensive or offensive staff is any good. Nobody knows. Well, KB im sure does. He knows everything. But im gonna give them a shot. With that said, I promise you Lebby wants to win more than anyone here. It's his nuts in the line. Not ours. Either he wins and stays here a while or moves onto a better job. The other option is get fired. So, he didn't just go hire people he can play golf with. He hired guys he thinks can coach and help HIM succeed. To think otherwise is just moronic

I'm sure Lebby wants to win. Arnett wanted to win. Moorhead wanted to win. Heck, Croom wanted win.

I am beginning to wonder if the ones who hold the purse strings for MSU want to win any more.

Coursesuper
12-06-2023, 08:43 PM

Yeah, I’m sure those staffs have multiple staff members that were nominated for the Broyles Award like this one.

Pancho
12-06-2023, 08:49 PM
last time i checked, troy and south alabama had more competent defenses than state did this past season. who cares where they have coached or what box they check? allow lebby to find the guys who have that edge that comes from inside with a drive to succeed and work. this is what has been wrong since LT and Cohen have been hiring for the majority of the time. Lebby is a ninja too.

civildawg
12-06-2023, 08:58 PM
That edge and drive to succeed really helped Memphis' defense this year, give me a break with all the spin zone

Pancho
12-06-2023, 09:05 PM
you simply don't get it then. maybe you have too much LT on the brain I guess.

Bama_Dawg
12-06-2023, 10:04 PM
I've got my doubts too, after Lebby came in, saying the right things, and the hires have been less than our expectations were set. The whole point that Selmon said that we didn't have to start completely over and that we could win quickly (meaning 2024). I'm skeptical. I want to be wrong, I'll be rooting these guys on to win, because I want State to win.

If Lebby would have come in, hyped up, but also speaking the truth that its gonna be a grind (remember that word?) to win. Its gonna be a grind to get good players and coaches. But we do it because its gonna be a new State, a new culture, and all of that takes time. Then we wouldn't be at his throat on each one of these hires, on each one of these guys hitting the portal, and the delays on who the heck is gonna be QB1 next year.

Expectations were not set correctly, and you can't go back now. You've got to push forward and hope for the best.

maroonmania
12-06-2023, 10:35 PM

Mullen wanted to win his first year too but ended up stuck with Carl Torbush as a DC. Surely this will work out better than that? Fingers crossed.

Todd4State
12-07-2023, 02:12 AM
It seems like a lot of our fans think that because we have a first year coach we HAD TO hire a veteran DC. I think that kind of short sighted over thinking is what has killed MSU football in the past. See last year OMG we HAVE TO have a coaching staff in place now because of the recruiting NSD deadline and to keep continuity. And all we ended up doing is suffering through a miserable season only to end up with most of the players and recruits we fought to keep leaving anyway.

That said- I like going young on our coaching staff. And I'm OK with the Coleman Hutzler at DC addition. He has worked for Saban, Muschamp, Steele, Durkin, Don Brown- it's a who's who of coaches. And he has a ton of SEC experience. I get people having questions- but his background is much better compared to Kevin Barbay's because of the coaches he has been around and the places he has worked at throughout the SEC.

And I'll be honest- the Bellichick/Saban defense is probably the best defense I have ever seen scheme wise so I'm excited to see Hutzler's version of it.

We also ended up with Memphis's DC- but made him the S coach. He has some play calling experience and has done so at Ohio State so I think that's a really good add for us.

Then going to a 4 man front as I am pretty confident that's more than likely what we will base out of- that fits David Turner as a coach really well. So in a way we upgraded there too even though we didn't make a change.

Todd4State
12-07-2023, 02:13 AM
Mullen wanted to win his first year too but ended up stuck with Carl Torbush as a DC. Surely this will work out better than that? Fingers crossed.

I think because Dan hired Torbush I think some fans expected a similar move from Lebby because of the similarities in the situations.

parabrave
12-07-2023, 02:40 AM
i smell an ox fart

It's Zenareb!!!

KentuckyDawg13
12-07-2023, 06:58 AM
just have to go to our coaching staff for the black bear bs