PDA

View Full Version : So you don't like the DC hire? Some of you Forrest Gumpers need to RELAX!

woof
12-06-2023, 02:17 PM
So you don't like who Lebby hire for our new DC? Why don't some of you Forrest Gumpers who want older, experienced coaches just give our new staff a chance.

You want all positions filled with a coach with 20 years of defensive experience. Guess what this is not the NFL! The next Dan Mullen, Nick Saban is coaching right now out there somewhere (may not be on our staff but he's out there).

Maybe the more-experienced coach doesn't know modern recruiting on social media, doesn't know how to handle the modern, up-tempo, fast-paced offense, doesn't know about NIL & the transfer portal.

I think these new coaches are younger, more energetic, more firebrand coaches with chips on their shoulders. I'm excited about the mix of local (Bump, Knox, Turner) & new coaches on staff that Lebby has assembled.

Stop being an arm-chair coordinator/Cheetos eating slob who coaches from his 20 yr old lazy-boy recliner & throws stuff at the TV. Give Lebby & new staff a chance.

MBDawg601
12-06-2023, 02:21 PM
So you don't like who Lebby hire for our new DC? Why don't some of you Forrest Gumpers who want older, experienced coaches just give our new staff a chance.

You want all positions filled with a coach with 20 years of defensive experience. Guess what this is not the NFL! The next Dan Mullen, Nick Saban is coaching right now out there somewhere (may not be on our staff but he's out there).

Maybe the more-experienced coach doesn't know modern recruiting on social media, doesn't know how to handle the modern, up-tempo, fast-paced offense, doesn't know about NIL & the transfer portal.

I think these new coaches are younger, more energetic, more firebrand coaches with chips on their shoulders. I'm excited about the mix of local (Bump, Knox, Turner) & new coaches on staff that Lebby has assembled.

Stop being an arm-chair coordinator/Cheetos eating slob who coaches from his 20 yr old lazy-boy recliner & throws stuff at the TV. Give Lebby & new staff a chance.

I am fairly new here, but have seen a few of your post. I am pretty sure you have been advocating to hire coaches with experience. Now you are saying relax? What?

Cowbell
12-06-2023, 02:28 PM
I am fairly new here, but have seen a few of your post. I am pretty sure you have been advocating to hire coaches with experience. Now you are saying relax? What?

That's what trolls do

MabenMaroon
12-06-2023, 02:28 PM
Woof, woof, woof .... Will somebody go walk the dog before he craps the living room floor!

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2023, 02:30 PM
That's what trolls do

Correct. I am starting to wonder if ShotgunDawg started another account. He starts as many threads per day as ole Gun used to.

bullygrowl
12-06-2023, 02:32 PM
I can't help it, but, I read these posts in this dude's voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN21VXjI71c

woof
12-06-2023, 02:34 PM

Coleman Hutzler is a combo of younger, firebrand coach with enough experience to get hired at Alabama by Nick Saban.

I suspect Hutzler has to be trending toward being more elite & more legit (& in the prime of his career) than anyone on last season's Arnett staff, if he gets hired by Alabama.

Yet, some of still want Geoff Collins or Randy Shannon. Even though, one is lounging around doing podcasts, couldn't cut it at GTech and one is a washed-up/re-tread, has been who was good...but good back in 2001.

bdfan09
12-06-2023, 02:35 PM
I knew who started this thread before I even clicked on it.

sleepy dawg
12-06-2023, 02:35 PM

There's pretty much nothing our university does that a decent portion of our fans aren't going to freak out about.

vindastra
12-06-2023, 02:39 PM
Guessing this is one of the yearly avatars of GOAT...

woof
12-06-2023, 02:43 PM
I want to ask all the negative nancys & debbie downers this: If Geoff Collins is/was so good then why didn't he get hired at Alabama by Nick Saban or at UGA by Kirby?

I want to ask all the negative nancys & debbie downers this: If Randy Shannon is/was so good then why didn't he get hired at Alabama by Nick Saban or at UGA by Kirby?

Just go look at Coleman Hutzler's resume and you will see a guy who is ready to blow up & an upcoming star in the coaching business.

I will take the recommendation of Saban or Kirby over any arm-chair coordinator on here. If Saban thinks he can cut it, then you guys need to RELAX!!!

civildawg
12-06-2023, 02:45 PM
Probably told the same people to relax when we hired Barbay.

SteelCurtain74
12-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Y'all lay off woof. He's actually made progress. He can now write semi coherent ramblings without putting every other word in all caps. That's progress, right?

War Machine Dawg
12-06-2023, 03:38 PM
You are the 17ing worst. We hired a first time HC. But you feel the need to criticize people who are concerned about also hiring a DC with zero experience. Get the hell out of here with that. Jackass.

MrCoachKlein
12-06-2023, 04:12 PM
Correct. I am starting to wonder if ShotgunDawg started another account. He starts as many threads per day as ole Gun used to.

KB21 split account he now uses for troll posts?

woof
12-06-2023, 04:15 PM
You are the 17ing worst. We hired a first time HC. But you feel the need to criticize people who are concerned about also hiring a DC with zero experience. Get the hell out of here with that. Jackass.

do you own a 20+ year lazy-boy recliner with cheetos stains on it? lol

Really Clark?
12-06-2023, 05:27 PM

Woof are you playing a character or are these your real thoughts? If you are for some reason trying to establish some sort of internet persona then fire away for whatever good it does you. However, I suggest you work on your material and condense your posts.

But if this is really how you think, I encourage you to read a book by Adam Grant called Think Again.

Goldendawg
12-06-2023, 05:32 PM
I knew who started this thread before I even clicked on it.

It won't let me give him another down vote for a while, but at this rate I am sure I will get many more opportunities in the future. Hate the juvenile name calling of other State fans on this board who have done so much for our programs past, present, and yes, continued dedication on many levels in the future. Hail State!

FISHDAWG
12-06-2023, 05:37 PM
I don't think this has Shotguns fingerprints on it .... Shotgun is way better than this idiot who comes in here trying to push more knowledgeable posters around.... also I don't remember Shotgun being insulting but being much more knowledgeable .... I'm finally hitting the ignore feature on this guy.... he's just trying to hard

EdwardDrayton
12-06-2023, 05:38 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/jdXsxL6x/IMG-5624.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

DownwardDawg
12-06-2023, 05:43 PM
Guessing this is one of the yearly avatars of GOAT...

Damn. I forgot about goat.

Dogbone
12-06-2023, 05:55 PM
That's what trolls do

Maybe you should ask all your friends and family in Oklahoma. They were right on about Lebby.

bdfan09
12-06-2023, 06:05 PM
It won't let me give him another down vote for a while, but at this rate I am sure I will get many more opportunities in the future. Hate the juvenile name calling of other State fans on this board who have done so much for our programs past, present, and yes, continued dedication on many levels in the future. Hail State!

He should be more like me. He's been here for 2 weeks and has over 100 posts. I've been here for 10 years and don't have half that many. 🤣

LC Dawg
12-06-2023, 06:57 PM
Forrest Gump was a multi millionaire who played at Bama and as far as I can tell didn't give a **** about college football after he graduated. Why is he being referenced in relation to Mississippi State fans?

War Machine Dawg
12-06-2023, 10:42 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d1f51a8724991b88055e4dc00031df5d/tenor.gif?itemid=12232772

State82
12-06-2023, 10:48 PM
Forrest Gump was a multi millionaire who played at Bama and as far as I can tell didn't give a **** about college football after he graduated. Why is he being referenced in relation to Mississippi State fans?
I typically just completely ignore juvenile bullshit as this but I did wonder about the connection also. Whatever.

vindastra
12-06-2023, 10:50 PM

Folks, you are just feeding the troll. Press the Ignore button and move on.

Maverick91
12-07-2023, 12:19 AM

I miss Shotgun... did he take a ban on himself?

Dawgface
12-07-2023, 08:35 AM
I don't think this has Shotguns fingerprints on it .... Shotgun is way better than this idiot who comes in here trying to push more knowledgeable posters around.... also I don't remember Shotgun being insulting but being much more knowledgeable .... I'm finally hitting the ignore feature on this guy.... he's just trying to hard

I wonder what happened to Shotgun?

StarkVegasSteve
12-07-2023, 09:41 AM
I wonder what happened to Shotgun?

Did he not have a ban bet with someone back in 2020? I seem to remember him making a lot of them so that could have been it.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2023, 10:53 AM
Where are all these new members coming from on all the message board?

FISHDAWG
12-07-2023, 10:57 AM

Probably Freshmen of 2023 ...it sounds like they have a certain consternation with older and wiser people

Duckdog
12-07-2023, 11:31 AM
Probably Freshmen of 2023 ...it sounds like they have a certain consternation with older and wiser people

THANKS BOOMER, GOBBLESS

FISHDAWG
12-07-2023, 11:40 AM
THANKS BOOMER, GOBBLESS

lol ... that really doesn't have the effect that you think it does... I'm proud to be a boomer

parabrave
12-07-2023, 11:49 AM

Spirit Nafoom

Offshore Dawg
12-07-2023, 11:59 AM
unfortunately that went over a lot of these idiots heads.

Homedawg
12-07-2023, 12:14 PM
I miss Shotgun... did he take a ban on himself?

too busy on genespage being bipolar.

MrCoachKlein
12-07-2023, 05:27 PM
Did he not have a ban bet with someone back in 2020? I seem to remember him making a lot of them so that could have been it.

If so at least he had the dignity to follow through

EdwardDrayton
12-07-2023, 07:18 PM

Slow, Children At Play.

bulldawg28
12-07-2023, 07:57 PM
too busy on genespage being bipolar.

Lol...man

MrCoachKlein
12-07-2023, 09:46 PM
Slow, Children At Play.

Spewed some water out of the nostrils on that one. Mom always made that joke

Saltydog
12-07-2023, 10:21 PM

What happened to Gun? Where did he go?