PDA

View Full Version : Ross Dellenger reporting that Coleman Hutzler will be the new DC..

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2023, 11:53 AM
So yeah, not pumped.

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/coleman-hutzler/1354

Anonymous
12-06-2023, 11:55 AM
So yeah, not pumped.

Assuming there will be a Co- in front of DC.

civildawg
12-06-2023, 11:56 AM

Why would you assume that?

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2023, 11:57 AM

I sure as sh!t hope so.

Dellenger is dialed into what is happening at MSU. I'm not sure you leave a OLB coaches job at Bama for just a Co-DC job. Maybe you do, but pre-portal you didn't.

AlSwearengen
12-06-2023, 11:57 AM
this may be one of those "co-coordinator" deals. i hope.

Coach34
12-06-2023, 11:59 AM
So a rookie HC and a rookie DC

For our "Top 20 program"

TrapGame
12-06-2023, 12:01 PM
This is spectacularly underwhelming if true.

Msujd164
12-06-2023, 12:03 PM
Another former OM Guy. Weird hire.

civildawg
12-06-2023, 12:03 PM
First time HC and first time DC's typically work out****

Patrick Tibbons
12-06-2023, 12:05 PM
And most posters on this board thought we were too good for Geoff Collins or Randy Shannon lol

Msujd164
12-06-2023, 12:06 PM
Prior to his time in Oxford, Hutzler spent one season in Texas in 2020 as the co-defensive coordinator. His defense ranked in the top No. 9 in the FBS in fourth down conversion defense (.333) and Longhorn junior Joseph Ossai earned consensus All-America honors under Hutzler's guidance. Ossai ranked No. 14 in the country with 16 tackles for loss while registering 55 total stops and led the Big 12 in forced fumbles with three.

Nominated for Broyles award in ?17

phatdog
12-06-2023, 12:10 PM
My cousin said he would run through a brick wall for this guy.

BigDawg81
12-06-2023, 12:12 PM
So yeah, not pumped.

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/coleman-hutzler/1354Who?

Johnson85
12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Prior to his time in Oxford, Hutzler spent one season in Texas in 2020 as the co-defensive coordinator. His defense ranked in the top No. 9 in the FBS in fourth down conversion defense (.333) and Longhorn junior Joseph Ossai earned consensus All-America honors under Hutzler's guidance. Ossai ranked No. 14 in the country with 16 tackles for loss while registering 55 total stops and led the Big 12 in forced fumbles with three.

Nominated for Broyles award in ?17

But how did they rank on 7th inning doubles in the month of May?

calidawg
12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
So yeah, not pumped.

Can someone talk me off the ledge here. This seems awful. 1st year HC offensive guy with a 1st year dc... uhh what about having some experience in the room

bulldogcountry1
12-06-2023, 12:17 PM
I'm calling it now. We hired a position coach and named him the DC to make A&M think we are no longer after Durkin. Now, they will fire him, and we will pounce.

Because...it can't be true that we just hired a DC with no lead DC experience.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2023, 12:17 PM
Instead of freaking out why don't we just excercise a little patience. Lebby wants to win and I doubt he's gonna hire and idiot as dc. Jmho but y'all carry on lol

Patrick Tibbons
12-06-2023, 12:20 PM
Well we don?t know if he?s an idiot or not DC because he?s never been a DC

DownwardDawg
12-06-2023, 12:22 PM
Instead of freaking out why don't we just excercise a little patience. Lebby wants to win and I doubt he's gonna hire and idiot as dc. Jmho but y'all carry on lol

You ruining my buzz. I had just lit my hair on fire and am running through the NOLA airport right now!!! If y'all at Nola airport, that's me.

Extendedcab
12-06-2023, 12:24 PM

I think we heard this from SVS in another thread - have patience. :confused:

FISHDAWG
12-06-2023, 12:24 PM
And most posters on this board thought we were too good for Geoff Collins or Randy Shannon lol

lol ... my sentiments exactly.... if they would have even accepted the offer

Commercecomet24
12-06-2023, 12:29 PM
You ruining my buzz. I had just lit my hair on fire and am running through the NOLA airport right now!!! If y'all at Nola airport, that's me.

Lol, I guess it's just not in me to panic until it's time. Also I learned a long time ago to only be concerned with only what I can control and this is certainly not in my ability to control. I mean why can't folks give it a chance? He may suck or he maybe the next Saban, time will tell. Get somebody to extinguish your hair or you'll look like Joe Pesci in home alone when Kevin burned his head with a blow torch lol

Msujd164
12-06-2023, 12:29 PM
Im not panicking as much after reading some B on him. Read he is a hell of a coach who some say he will be a future HC one day.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2023, 12:33 PM
Im not panicking as much after reading some B on him. Read he is a hell of a coach who some say he will be a future HC one day.

Be careful lol! He's well thought of an excellent recruiter and knows the sec well.

BrunswickDawg
12-06-2023, 12:34 PM

You can make an argument that he has a better resume than Arnett had when we hired him as DC.

huffy
12-06-2023, 12:35 PM
First time HC and first time DC's typically work out****

Only if you are able to brag about "100 years of head coaching experience" on the rest of your staff.****

CaptainObvious
12-06-2023, 12:37 PM
We are Miss State:

Keenum handcuffed another AD and told him to go the Coordinator Route meaning he had to put together his entire staff. So what does he do. The prudent thing by keeping several good ole boy locals and hire fresh supposed up and comers.

9 times out of 10, when you hire a sitting coach, he brings his entire staff with him.

So we have to give Lebby and his staff a chance to build a cohesive unit. Next year is a 4-8 year but maybe the offense will be fun and we will pay more in ticket and BC donations to see 42-34 losses and 35-28 wins! This hire is a long-haul hire. Lumps are coming by the truckloads until they get the players that can handle their assignments.

Coach34
12-06-2023, 12:41 PM
Keenum didnt handcuff the AD

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2023, 12:42 PM
This was a name I heard a few days ago as possibly being the hire. I had assumed it was for STC and Co DC. Also still would not be totally surprised if Matt Barnes at Memphis was not given the Co DC title when he is hired.

confucius say
12-06-2023, 12:45 PM

Correct. That's one of the most inaccurate and lazy narratives on here.

PMDawg
12-06-2023, 12:45 PM
This is spectacularly underwhelming if true.

Entire staff is pretty underwhelming so far. This is why I was hoping we could go with an actual HC. Cignetti took the Indiana job, so we obviously could have pulled him. It seems Chadwell was interested, and I get the feeling Selmon was just dialed in on Lebby. Who knows. This is what we got, so all we can do is hope for the best. But this is like deja vu from last year all over again. I'll withhold final judgment until I see something on the field anyway.

chef dixon
12-06-2023, 12:50 PM
None of us know jack shit if this or anyone is a good hire

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2023, 12:53 PM
Entire staff is pretty underwhelming so far. This is why I was hoping we could go with an actual HC. Cignetti took the Indiana job, so we obviously could have pulled him. It seems Chadwell was interested, and I get the feeling Selmon was just dialed in on Lebby. Who knows. This is what we got, so all we can do is hope for the best. But this is like deja vu from last year all over again. I'll withhold final judgment until I see something on the field anyway.

Jamey Chadwell WAS NOT interested. He was getting pissed that his name kept getting mentioned and was trying to find out where it was coming from. Cignetti is TBD.

bulldogcountry1

That's exactly the problem.

DawgFromOxford
Don't really know who he is. Don't really care that he doesn't have a track record. Put together a solid defense come September and I don't care if you were coaching Pop Warner before you got hired.

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2023, 12:54 PM

Correct. Almost everyone believed Joe Moorhead was the home run hire of all home runs and he sucked

Really Clark?
12-06-2023, 12:56 PM
Interesting hire, thought he may be a ST coordinator. He is a very good coach but understandably questions on hiring someone with so little experience calling a defense.

Durkin was axed as an option.

mo7888
12-06-2023, 12:59 PM
Interesting hire, thought he may be a ST coordinator. He is a very good coach but understandably questions on hiring someone with so little experience calling a defense.

Durkin was axed as an option.

Because of money or his past?

bigbub50
12-06-2023, 01:04 PM
Will Hutzler coach in the playoffs?

DownwardDawg
12-06-2023, 01:08 PM
Lol, I guess it's just not in me to panic until it's time. Also I learned a long time ago to only be concerned with only what I can control and this is certainly not in my ability to control. I mean why can't folks give it a chance? He may suck or he maybe the next Saban, time will tell. Get somebody to extinguish your hair or you'll look like Joe Pesci in home alone when Kevin burned his head with a blow torch lol

Hahaha!! Awesome scene.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2023, 01:10 PM
Just got this text:

So we?re hiring Matt Barnes as well who was the DC at Memphis. Barnes called plays in 21 for the last half of the season at Ohio state and they went from averaging 35 PPG to 20.3 under him

Anyone else heard this?

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2023, 01:12 PM
Just got this text:

So we?re hiring Matt Barnes as well who was the DC at Memphis. Barnes called plays in 21 for the last half of the season at Ohio state and they went from averaging 35 PPG to 20.3 under him

Anyone else heard this?

Yep. It is correct. I believe there is a chance that Hutzler is Co DC along with Barnes.

Really Clark?
12-06-2023, 01:12 PM
Just got this text:

Anyone else heard this?

Yes that may be the next one announced for the staff

Really Clark?
12-06-2023, 01:13 PM
Because of money or his past?

I don't know how much was one over the other. Just that admin wouldn't sign off.

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2023, 01:14 PM
And there are now reports that Barnes is coming and will be Co DC.

Coach34
12-06-2023, 01:17 PM
Just got this text:

Anyone else heard this?

Well Ohio State only gave up 19.3 PPG the 1st half of 2021 and 22.5 the 2nd half. So part of the text is inaccurate

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2023, 01:19 PM

Yeah - that makes a little more sense. Not a monster hire, but I'll take it.

We should have the best special teams in the country. Both Barnes and Hutzler have a ton of special teams experience.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2023, 01:21 PM

That's what i heard as well.

Really Clark?
12-06-2023, 01:22 PM
Well Ohio State only gave up 19.3 PPG the 1st half of 2021 and 22.5 the 2nd half. So part of the text is inaccurate

Matt took over after the third game of the year. The scoring numbers are right but it wasn't for half the season. It was longer. His numbers were for 3/4 of the season

Commercecomet24
12-06-2023, 01:22 PM

I didn't bother to check, just posted the text like it was sent to me. I'm sure you're right about that.

BlackSailsDawg
12-06-2023, 01:24 PM
Just got this text:

Anyone else heard this?

Yep. Looks like a Co-DC type thing with Hutzler who has a history with Lebby.

BlackSailsDawg
12-06-2023, 01:25 PM
Also being said that the Admin blocked the hiring of Durkin. No reason given that I can find.

Dawgface
12-06-2023, 01:28 PM
Also being said that the Admin blocked the hiring of Durkin. No reason given that I can find.

I wonder what Lebby thinks about that?

Bdawg
12-06-2023, 01:29 PM
I don't know how much was one over the other. Just that admin wouldn't sign off.

So we could have gotten him???

mo7888
12-06-2023, 01:31 PM

Thanks..

HancockCountyDog
Any idea if Hutzler is coming over now, or after Bama finishes up playoff run?

StarkVegasSteve

Possibly but we would have had to pay the buyout. A&M wants him to coach in the bowl game and Elko is considering keeping him due to his relationships with the current D players.

DesotoDog1967
12-06-2023, 01:39 PM
he's got a Maryland problem too

WSOPdawg
12-06-2023, 01:41 PM

C'mon CC24, don't try to bring sensibility and rationality into the conversation... how dare you.

Really Clark?
12-06-2023, 01:44 PM

Well, not if admin wouldn't sign off? Not sure of your question on that.

Bothrops
12-06-2023, 01:46 PM
Any idea if Hutzler is coming over now, or after Bama finishes up playoff run?

I would hope he gets his ass over here now and tells Bama goodbye. We are behind over here.

CaptainObvious
12-06-2023, 01:53 PM

Okay. He gave him a budget that limited the pool of potential Assistants, primarily defensive related it appears, if that sounds better than handcuffing him.

State is spending money to create positions for current staff members to remain in payroll. If that is Lebby's idea, that funding would have to come out of the assistants pool. It has been acknowledged that our Administration nixed the hire of an outstanding DC and Lebby is bringing in 2 position coaches who will be co-DCs. Sounds like a money issue and Keenum IS the Administration.

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2023, 01:59 PM
Okay. He gave him a budget that limited the pool of potential Assistants, primarily defensive related it appears, if that sounds better than handcuffing him.

State is spending money to create positions for current staff members to remain in payroll. If that is Lebby's idea, that funding would have to come out of the assistants pool. It has been acknowledged that our Administration nixed the hire of an outstanding DC and Lebby is bringing in 2 position coaches who will be co-DCs. Sounds like a money issue and Keenum IS the Administration.

Except for the fact that one of those position coaches is a sitting DC. Barnes is the DC at Memphis.

preachermatt83
12-06-2023, 02:02 PM
It?s hard to go wrong hiring a Saban defensive guy

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2023, 02:04 PM
It?s hard to go wrong hiring a Saban defensive guy

It is hard to go wrong hiring a Saban guy period. The organization he has on staff is second to none.

Coursesuper
12-06-2023, 02:09 PM

How to say I’m not happy about this hire and I don’t know shit about it but I will make shit up just to prove I don’t know shit.

Coach34
12-06-2023, 02:11 PM

We have pledged to increase our football budget with off the field personnel. We havent limited the AD

The fact is no sitting HC's worth a damn really wanted the job and Durkin has a 6-7 mil payday he cant leave until they fire him. He makes 1.8MM right now- and we aint paying close to that. We cant afford that.

Homedawg
12-06-2023, 02:18 PM
I would hope he gets his ass over here now and tells Bama goodbye. We are behind over here.

Doubt it. Saban supports his coaches getting better gigs. But but at his expense. He expects them to pull double duty and not where it can hurt bama. It the give and take of the deal

Homedawg
12-06-2023, 02:23 PM

Our pool was larger than Arnett's And we don't have to pay an OC. So not sure where he got penny pinched from. But Keenum is a nice scape goat for you, run w it. **^

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2023, 02:26 PM
Hopefully, both guys can bring some players with him.

gtowndawg
12-06-2023, 02:29 PM
Hopefully, both guys can bring some players with him.

The only thing we can all agree on in this thread.

Anonymous
12-06-2023, 02:36 PM
We have pledged to increase our football budget with off the field personnel. We havent limited the AD

The fact is no sitting HC's worth a damn really wanted the job and Durkin has a 6-7 mil payday he cant leave until they fire him. He makes 1.8MM right now- and we aint paying close to that. We cant afford that.

We were paying Arnett 1.5 as DC and the rest of that staff was getting paid very well, along with Leach making more than Lebby. Our athletic department netted about 13 million in profit Leach's last year.

I'm sorry but there is just no way to make the argument we can't afford "close to that". That 1.5 million we paid Arnett is 1.64 now after inflation, and we have quite a bit more revenue coming in than we had at the time.

DesotoDog1967
12-06-2023, 02:40 PM
Well first time in a decade and a half, no bowl proceeds

Dawgology
12-06-2023, 02:41 PM
It’s a disaster a total ****show. I’m joking. I have no idea who this guy is. He may end up being the greatest thing to ever happen to our program. I will say this, and I’m not as connected as some on here apparently, but this name is NOT what I heard and it came out of nowhere.

Coach34
12-06-2023, 02:42 PM
We were paying Arnett 1.5 as DC and the rest of that staff was getting paid very well, along with Leach making more than Lebby. Our athletic department netted about 13 million in profit Leach's last year.

I'm sorry but there is just no way to make the argument we can't afford "close to that". That 1.5 million we paid Arnett is 1.64 now after inflation, and we have quite a bit more revenue coming in than we had at the time.

Arnett made 1.2MM in 2022- which is 33% below Durkin's salary

Arnett started off at 600K in 2020 and then made 1.1M in 2021

Commercecomet24
12-06-2023, 02:44 PM
C'mon CC24, don't try to bring sensibility and rationality into the conversation... how dare you.

Lol thanks! I've always been a fire putter outer so I guess I just don't panic as easily. I love State and want for us to be number 1 in every thing but hiring and firings out of my control. Lebbys been around awhile and I suspect he knows what he needs to be succesful. Gotta have a little patience though.

Bdawg
12-06-2023, 02:50 PM
Well, not if admin wouldn't sign off? Not sure of your question on that.

He was willing to come.

woof
12-06-2023, 02:55 PM
This is a GREAT hire! Go look at Hutzler's resume. This guy is an upcoming star in the coaching business. He has SEC West & East coaching experience and knows what it takes in transfer portal, recruiting and NIL.

All of you that still want Geoff Collins or Randy Shannon, are simply out of touch with the modern day game & how its played.

Nick Saban did not hire Collins or Shannon on his staff, why? Nick Saban hired Hutzler, why? - this is enough for me but not for some of you arm-chair coordinators living in 1983.

Randolph Dupree
12-06-2023, 02:56 PM
He was willing to come.

This is true. Admin did not approve. Don't know if it was money or the Maryland thing. My guess is that it was money, but not necessarily the salary so much as the buyout. TAMU is going to pay him to stay or pay him to go so they can hold him as long as they want, he's under contract.

Coach34
12-06-2023, 02:56 PM
He was willing to come.

Maybe- but who pays 4.5MM for a DC? That's his buyout plus a year's salary as our DC

Until A&M fires him- nobody is getting him

Randolph Dupree
12-06-2023, 02:59 PM
....will add that I have no idea who this guy is we just hired and I'm not exactly fired up by the resume. However, I do like the idea of young, hungry coaches that have something to prove. Gonna wait and see what happens and pray for the best.

Really Clark?
12-06-2023, 03:00 PM
He was willing to come.

Ok, sure; but he was also under contract for 3 more years and not so willing to come to give up that money either. And the whole issue of TAM keeping him under contract through the bowl game. Durkin was going to be a complicated hire.

Offshore Dawg
12-06-2023, 03:00 PM
How to say I’m not happy about this hire and I don’t know shit about it but I will make shit up just to prove I don’t know shit.

wise words .

Bdawg
12-06-2023, 03:01 PM
This is true. Admin did not approve. Don't know if it was money or the Maryland thing. My guess is that it was money, but not necessarily the salary so much as the buyout. TAMU is going to pay him to stay or pay him to go so they can hold him as long as they want, he's under contract.

Guess they are not too worried about getting a DC locked in then. Maybe they are satisfied with holding on to him unless they think something better surfaces.

Bdawg
12-06-2023, 03:03 PM
Ok, sure; but he was also under contract for 3 more years and not so willing to come to give up that money either. And the whole issue of TAM keeping him under contract through the bowl game. Durkin was going to be a complicated hire.

I get it. TAM holding the stick at the moment. Just figured they wouldn’t want to sit around too long before announcing something.

Bdawg
12-06-2023, 03:05 PM
Maybe- but who pays 4.5MM for a DC? That's his buyout plus a year's salary as our DC

Until A&M fires him- nobody is getting him

I get it.

Bdawg
12-06-2023, 03:06 PM
....will add that I have no idea who this guy is we just hired and I'm not exactly fired up by the resume. However, I do like the idea of young, hungry coaches that have something to prove. Gonna wait and see what happens and pray for the best.

Pray a lot this go around!!!

preachermatt83
12-06-2023, 03:08 PM
This is a GREAT hire! Go look at Hutzler's resume. This guy is an upcoming star in the coaching business. He has SEC West & East coaching experience and knows what it takes in transfer portal, recruiting and NIL.

All of you that still want Geoff Collins or Randy Shannon, are simply out of touch with the modern day game & how its played.

Nick Saban did not hire Collins or Shannon on his staff, why? Nick Saban hired Hutzler, why? - this is enough for me but not for some of you arm-chair coordinators living in 1983.

Good post

Percho
12-06-2023, 03:15 PM

I am with you. MSU fans need to quit crying and have the coach's and players who will play for MSU, back's. Pray they are here five years from now and have built a program to be proud of.

OR hang our heads and cry, cry, cry.

PCHSDawg
12-06-2023, 03:32 PM
I propose to bitch and complain like any red-blooded American has the God given right to do. At least until they shut me up or I quit paying attention out of apathy like I did halfway thru last season.

Homedawg
12-06-2023, 03:43 PM
How to say I?m not happy about this hire and I don?t know shit about it but I will make shit up just to prove I don?t know shit.

Amen

DesotoDog1967
12-06-2023, 03:45 PM
I read on Twitter this guy wants to coach the CFB game coming up

Patrick Tibbons
12-06-2023, 04:12 PM
I read on Twitter this guy wants to coach the CFB game coming up

Of course.

TrapGame
12-06-2023, 04:28 PM
The Hutzler hire makes more sense when you add in the Memphis DC. This actually could be a good pairing.

I trust Lebby.

Turfdawg67
12-06-2023, 04:32 PM

For our "Top 20 program"

Just like the last regime. You were good with them. But I wasn't... and this is disappointing too.

We are Miss State!

civildawg
12-06-2023, 04:35 PM
The Hutzler hire makes more sense when you add in the Memphis DC. This actually could be a good pairing.

I trust Lebby.

The DC of Memphis that lead them to the 111th defensive ranking this year is a good pairing? Memphis is probably thanking us for taking him

Goldendawg
12-06-2023, 04:59 PM

For our "Top 20 program"

Had that last year with not so great results.

Really Clark?
12-06-2023, 05:04 PM
Note that Matt Barnes had worked for years under Durkin as well and has the same backend philosophy as DJ.

Goldendawg
12-06-2023, 05:14 PM

Keenum doing well on our educational rating though.********

EdwardDrayton
12-06-2023, 05:25 PM
Correct. Almost everyone believed Joe Moorhead was the home run hire of all home runs and he sucked

No. I don't think many people thought Moorhead was a home run hire. Might have overplayed that one a bit.

EdwardDrayton
12-06-2023, 05:31 PM
Had that last year with not so great results.

Yeah but if you try it enough times, your odds of success get better?!!? *****

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2023, 05:50 PM
No. I don't think many people thought Moorhead was a home run hire. Might have overplayed that one a bit.

Every national media member thought it was an home run and 99% of our fan base thought we had upgraded over Mullen.

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2023, 06:08 PM

So I guess your new strategy is to say State sucks and it was States fault that the tuff club wrecked the car

CaptainObvious
12-06-2023, 06:22 PM

Oh I am exuberant about these hires! They are definitely po 'ol Mississippi State Style. C34 been telling us no big name coach wants to come to Starkville to coach at the 16th wealthiest SEC program. Most of us knew it, but got that gleam in our eyes when we were told to expect Durkin. We couldn't pull Diaz, Collins or Shannon. Oh and how about those Top of the line QBs in the portal. When are they coming on board?

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2023, 06:32 PM
Oh I am exuberant about these hires! They are definitely po 'ol Mississippi State Style. C34 been telling us no big name coach wants to come to Starkville to coach at the 16th wealthiest SEC program. Most of us knew it, but got that gleam in our eyes when we were told to expect Durkin. We couldn't pull Diaz, Collins or Shannon. Oh and how about those Top of the line QBs in the portal. When are they coming on board?
Yeah! Hell with us! If the Arnett yacht club couldn?t win here no one can

Dawgface
12-06-2023, 06:38 PM
So who will be the real DC as in calling the D during the game?

Coach34
12-06-2023, 06:48 PM
So I guess your new strategy is to say State sucks and it was States fault that the tuff club wrecked the car

Nahhhh just pointing out the obvious

Hiring Leach is going to be the ultimate mistake that hurts this program awhile

Coach34
12-06-2023, 06:56 PM
Yeah! Hell with us! If the Arnett yacht club couldn?t win here no one can

won more than Leach in Y1

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2023, 06:57 PM

There it is. Pile it on

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2023, 06:58 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2023, 06:59 PM
C34 probably goes home and shoots air raid sirens

Coursesuper
12-06-2023, 07:03 PM

Sir, if you are ignorant enough to believe the propaganda and other bullshit flying around you are reaping what you sow.

Dogbone
12-06-2023, 07:03 PM

You’ve been in a sour mood since you lost all of football buddies.

EdwardDrayton
12-06-2023, 07:18 PM
Every national media member thought it was an home run and 99% of our fan base thought we had upgraded over Mullen.

Just don't think they were quite that effusive with 'home run' hire. Praised the hire? Yes. 'Home run'? Well, what does that even mean. Seriously, has State ever had what we would truly consider a home run hire. Probably not.

Coach34
12-06-2023, 09:27 PM
You’ve been in a sour mood since you lost all of football buddies.

But I didnt. They still there

Statecoachingblows**
12-06-2023, 09:29 PM
So is this official official or message board official, I can't keep up.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-06-2023, 09:36 PM

You're just talking shit. You know Leach went 3-7 be an all SEC schedule and then beat a ranked team in the bowl game, Arnett went 1-7 vs the SEC

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-06-2023, 09:37 PM
So is this official official or message board official, I can't keep up.

The national guys don't treat u less there's legit negotiations going on. It's not a lock yet, but it's way more legit than "message board" anything

Coach34
12-06-2023, 09:42 PM
You're just talking shit. You know Leach went 3-7 be an all SEC schedule and then beat a ranked team in the bowl game, Arnett went 1-7 vs the SEC

my statement was 100

We went 5-7 this year with a P5 win over a 9-3 Arizona team

Leach went 3-7 and then got a 2 point win over a G5 in a bowl game

Facts

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-06-2023, 09:46 PM
I have no reason to doubt this guy is the next big thing at DC, and I have no reason to say he won't hit the ground running. But DAMN man, it would have been nice to have experience

Where is our money? We hired an OL coach that was not going to be retained at Arky, ie a guy who had no job. We hired a coach from North Texas. Gave a couple of off field staffers their first on field jobs. Hired a guy with a great resume from the Big 10. Retained a couple coaches, they probably didn't need a raise. All in all I see 1 guy who MIGHT be paid more than his predecessor. And now we hire a first time DC? We're probably saving $800K at DC vs hiring a guy who's proven. So where's that money going? All to off field staff?

Just saying. We were told the assistant coach pool got bigger, that boosters were ready to pay up to compete. I've seen zero signs of it when it comes to the coaches we hire or the NIL offer we made to DG

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-06-2023, 09:49 PM
my statement was 100

We went 5-7 this year with a P5 win over a 9-3 Arizona team

Leach went 3-7 and then got a 2 point win over a G5 in a bowl game

Facts

If you want to discredit Leaches ranked bowl win because it was "g5", fine- let's look ONLY at P5 games:

leach 3-7, Arnett 2-7.

Facts

Coach34
12-06-2023, 09:51 PM
I have no reason to doubt this guy is the next big thing at DC, and I have no reason to say he won't hit the ground running. But DAMN man, it would have been nice to have experience

Where is our money? We hired an OL coach that was not going to be retained at Arky, ie a guy who had no job. We hired a coach from North Texas. Gave a couple of off field staffers their first on field jobs. Hired a guy with a great resume from the Big 10. Retained a couple coaches, they probably didn't need a raise. All in all I see 1 guy who MIGHT be paid more than his predecessor. And now we hire a first time DC? We're probably saving $800K at DC vs hiring a guy who's proven. So where's that money going? All to off field staff?

Just saying. We were told the assistant coach pool got bigger, that boosters were ready to pay up to compete. I've seen zero signs of it when it comes to the coaches we hire or the NIL offer we made to DG

lol- here is where our fanbase got a dose of dreams vs reality

Coursesuper
12-06-2023, 09:56 PM

It’s ignorance with a dash of arrogance wrapped up in want to be without putting out to be good.

Turfdawg67
12-06-2023, 10:00 PM

Did Mullen enjoy that all-SEC schedule too, er... oh sorry, you're just being a hater again. Hmmm... 3+4 (OOC) =7 = better than DM's 1st year! Carry on, you've lost most cred but there's obviously room to lose more. Might be time to go back SixPack. Lolz!

ETA: Or sell coffee.

ETA2: Or sell autographs to Coursesuper

Turfdawg67
12-06-2023, 10:03 PM
It’s ignorance with a dash of arrogance wrapped up in want to be without putting out to be good.

You're just a C34 lap dog... Sad.

Coursesuper
12-06-2023, 10:10 PM
You're just a C34 lap dog... Sad.

Opinions vary.

EdwardDrayton
12-06-2023, 10:17 PM

And unfortunately as a result many in this multi-generational fanbase are encouraging their offspring to choose other more relevant institutions.

jimbo352
12-06-2023, 11:12 PM
Guys. We don't have the kind of money a lot of people think we do, or that that they think we should spend. Most folks in the know have been saying this forever. We have to find coaches on the up. We always have. It doesn't mean we can't compete, but we have to be frugal. We have to be smart with what we have. This might not come off as righteous, but briles was great at finding great coaches for his system, and Lebby is likely going off this same model, hopefully it works out.

We need to accept where we are and find a coach who can navigate our shortcomings. Durkin was a pipe dream fellas. No way we pay a buy out, and there's zero chance Lebby is paying a DC what he was or could make. We've literally never done that.

If you want to know what Lebby will do, look no further than Briles at Baylor. Sorry to make the comparison, because I know folks don't like it, but it will be the same approach Lebby will take.

I could be wrong, but I'm all in for it. As a program we have to continue to think outside thebox.

jimbo352
12-06-2023, 11:17 PM
and for fvcks sake not getting Durkin had nothing to do with Maryland. It's money. He's not walking away from it, and we're not paying it.

Coach34
12-06-2023, 11:19 PM

Credit Card society. Where we think and want to be vs reality

The coaches at Kansas and Kansas St wouldn’t even consider our job. They understand their current job is at the very least equal. Yet many of our fans seriously thought they would take our job. It’s hilarious how some of our fans don’t live in reality

CaptainObvious
12-06-2023, 11:46 PM
In 2022-2023 athletics brought in $110 m and spent $105 m. And that was with another bad baseball season and women's sports that hemorrhage money. Is the $5 m profit sitting in a bank earning interest?

Meanwhile our Ole Sip Friends brought in $133 m but spent $138 m. Did State cover ole miss shortfall last athletics term?

You know who is real frugal? UCF: $89 m income but only spent $69 m. Of course they have 55,000 students while we have 23,000, not that that has anything to do with Athletics budgets.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-07-2023, 05:57 AM

You've read enough of my posts about NIL to know I'm well aware we're poor and can't actually compete on a big state. There is no "reality" hitting me. My post is simply referencing the narrative that we would spend more this cycle, that seems to have been a lie.

StarkVegasSteve
12-07-2023, 06:47 AM

The coaches at Kansas and Kansas St wouldn’t even consider our job. They understand their current job is at the very least equal. Yet many of our fans seriously thought they would take our job. It’s hilarious how some of our fans don’t live in reality

I think there is truth in that but not in the way you may think. They probably did not consider our job, but it is not because it is equal. Their job is much lower prestige. However, with the 12 team playoff coming they see an easier path to the playoffs at Kansas or KSU than at Mississippi St.

StarkVegasSteve
12-07-2023, 06:49 AM
and for fvcks sake not getting Durkin had nothing to do with Maryland. It's money. He's not walking away from it, and we're not paying it.

This is correct. Maryland had absolutely nothing to do with anything. He was not going to walk away from a pile of money voluntarily and we were not coughing up the stupid amount of money it would have required to get him from them plus sign him to a deal.

KentuckyDawg13
12-07-2023, 06:56 AM
nfm

Really Clark?
12-07-2023, 08:40 AM
You've read enough of my posts about NIL to know I'm well aware we're poor and can't actually compete on a big state. There is no "reality" hitting me. My post is simply referencing the narrative that we would spend more this cycle, that seems to have been a lie.

It's not a lie and the staffing isn't even done yet. You are taking that of context, we have more money to spend this cycle on HC and staff. But because of the hires being made, you don't overspend to just say we spent X dollars on the staff.

Bdawg
12-07-2023, 08:55 AM
This is correct. Maryland had absolutely nothing to do with anything. He was not going to walk away from a pile of money voluntarily and we were not coughing up the stupid amount of money it would have required to get him from them plus sign him to a deal.

Has aTm made a DC hire yet?

Offshore Dawg
12-07-2023, 09:07 AM
This dick measuring contest needs to stop.

parabrave
12-07-2023, 09:13 AM
nfm

Well one of our best coaches was a UM homer/ Only problem was that he got us on probation/.

bulldawg28
12-07-2023, 09:25 AM

No, the reality of a challenge they couldn't overcome is the reason. I too would take the same pay or lesser pay for an easier job. The SEC is for the big boys. If you ain't a big dog stay on your porch.

StarkVegasSteve
12-07-2023, 09:36 AM

No. Some think Durkin may just stay on.

StarkVegasSteve
12-07-2023, 09:38 AM
This dick measuring contest needs to stop.

It has not stopped for almost a year now. First it was AR vs 3 yds and a cloud and now it is Larry Templeton disciples vs new money trust funds. I do not really know what to call the people who just think we have unlimited money so that it the best I could come up with.

Homedawg
12-07-2023, 09:39 AM

Correct. A&M had Durkin and us by the balls and they knew it.

DesotoDog1967
12-07-2023, 09:44 AM
Well if they fire Durkin, won't they owe him money on top of Jimbo's bonanza?

StarkVegasSteve
12-07-2023, 09:48 AM
Well if they fire Durkin, won't they owe him money on top of Jimbo's bonanza?

Yep and it is a BIG buyout.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2023, 10:04 AM
It has not stopped for almost a year now. First it was AR vs 3 yds and a cloud and now it is Larry Templeton disciples vs new money trust funds. I do not really know what to call the people who just think we have unlimited money so that it the best I could come up with.

Right on! This!

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2023, 12:18 PM
At the end of the day, I fully believe that how your defense performs is 95% based on talent, so as long as these dudes can get NFL talent on the defensive side of the ball, then it will be a great hire.

Durkin had one of the worst defenses I've ever witnessed in 2020. They were better in 2021. The reason they were better is that they had some NFL talent on that 2021 defense. If our new DC brings in NFL talent, he will look like a mastermind. If he doesn't, people will call him the next Sirmon.

I'm ready to hear about some more defensive talent headed our way.

Coach34
12-07-2023, 12:21 PM
At the end of the day, I fully believe that how your defense performs is 95% based on talent, so as long as these dudes can get NFL talent on the defensive side of the ball, then it will be a great hire.

Durkin had one of the worst defenses I've ever witnessed in 2020. They were better in 2021. The reason they were better is that they had some NFL talent on that 2021 defense. If our new DC brings in NFL talent, he will look like a mastermind. If he doesn't, people will call him the next Sirmon.

I'm ready to hear about some more defensive talent headed our way.

Yeah- defense is about 90% Dudes and 10% scheme.

Do you have speed?
Do you have guys that will hit?
Can your end guys rush the QB?

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2023, 12:37 PM

Do you have speed?

Which is why we've been able to have plug-and-play-DCs pretty much every year since Jackie came to town. MS still produces Dudes, but we have to have a staff who makes sure they land here instead of up the road.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-07-2023, 01:20 PM
The new DC may be the greater thing ever but this whole narrative that DC doesn't matter is whitewashing the situation.

Lebby himself said he wanted an experienced DC. Everyone here wanted one. Everyone here wanted to to pay big bucks to get one. Then we hire a LB coach that's never been a DC and all of the sudden its "scheme is only 10% anyway, we just need talent"? Come on that's just sunshine pumping the situation.

We whiffed on the names Lebby was thinking when he said we'd get someone proven. We settled on a LB coach. Maybe it'll work out great but it was not plan A, B, or C. And that's alarming

Coursesuper
12-07-2023, 01:23 PM
The new DC may be the greater thing ever but this whole narrative that DC doesn't matter is whitewashing the situation.

Lebby himself said he wanted an experienced DC. Everyone here wanted one. Everyone here wanted to to pay big bucks to get one. Then we hire a LB coach that's never been a DC and all of the sudden its "scheme is only 10% anyway, we just need talent"? Come on that's just sunshine pumping the situation.

We whiffed on the names Lebby was thinking when he said we'd get someone proven. We settled on a LB coach. Maybe it'll work out great but it was not plan A, B, or C. And that's alarming

Catch up we hired two for the job.

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2023, 01:47 PM
Catch up we hired two for the job.

And both of them have been DC's before

Turfdawg67
12-07-2023, 02:23 PM
Opinions vary.

Lol. True

Bdawg
12-07-2023, 03:30 PM
No. Some think Durkin may just stay on.

Gotcha. Well we couldn’t just drag this thing out and get left out in the cold

Gypsy_RoadDawg
12-07-2023, 04:14 PM
I think we have what we've been wanting with some new energized young blood. I look at it like this if Saban hired him then that is good enough for me. I will trust Coach Lebby's decision for he knows more about what he needs than any of us.

Randolph Dupree
12-07-2023, 04:17 PM
So, I'm beginning to think TAMU is going to release Durkin after the bowl game. Pay attention to our next few staff moves on the defensive side of the ball...Lebby might be sandbagging this and waiting TAMU out. Definite long shot but would be the baddest ass move ever.

TrapGame
12-07-2023, 04:38 PM
So, I'm beginning to think TAMU is going to release Durkin after the bowl game. Pay attention to our next few staff moves on the defensive side of the ball...Lebby might be sandbagging this and waiting TAMU out. Definite long shot but would be the baddest ass move ever.

There's a TA&M podcast that is ripping Bjork and the Elko hire. Supposedly the current staffing process at A&M is even more of a cluster**** than ours. Elko doesn't want Durkin. He wants the DC from Ohio State. A&M is "keeping" Durkin b/c of his buyout. And you are correct, there is speculation from that particular pod caster that Durkin will be released after the bowl game.

Coursesuper
12-07-2023, 05:00 PM
There's a TA&M podcast that is ripping Bjork and the Elko hire. Supposedly the current staffing process at A&M is even more of a cluster**** than ours. Elko doesn't want Durkin. He wants the DC from Ohio State. A&M is "keeping" Durkin b/c of his buyout. And you are correct, there is speculation from that particular pod caster that Durkin will be released after the bowl game.

Of course they are only keeping him got the bowl game. It 17s us over and serves their ego all at the same time.

PGHBulldogBG
12-07-2023, 06:32 PM
Lebby was not my first choice for head coach, but I am willing to give him a chance. He runs a great offense and has been successful at all his stops. Arnett was not necessarily my first choice either, but I wanted to see him succeed and I realized fully after the UK game it was not going to work. I?m pretty sure that?s also when Selmon knew it was not going to work as well. Nobody knows how Lebby and staff will work out and we might not even know until 2025. The only hire I knew for a fact would be a fail was JoMo because I live in PA and knew all about his antics. That hire was still the most baffling of any Miss State hire outside of maybe Rick Ray. We need to see what kind of product Lebby puts on the field and we should have a fair assessment of his performance by the end of 2025.

parabrave
12-07-2023, 09:49 PM

Do you have speed?

Last year we had 1 of 3/

jimbo352
12-07-2023, 10:05 PM

He could be retained, but not sure. Not following A&M that closely.

calidawg
12-07-2023, 10:33 PM
The only hire I knew for a fact would be a fail was JoMo because I live in PA and knew all about his antics. That hire was still the most baffling of any Miss State hire outside of maybe Rick Ray. We need to see what kind of product Lebby puts on the field and we should have a fair assessment of his performance by the end of 2025.

Noone knew jomo would fall on his face he had HC experience at the college level and high level p5 OC experience. He was great on paper.

PGHBulldogBG
12-07-2023, 10:41 PM
Noone knew jomo would fall on his face he had HC experience at the college level and high level p5 OC experience. He was great on paper.

I did from the day his name was announced. I was so livid. Penn State fans around me told me all about him. He was good at making things look good on paper but always having a talent advantage over his opponents

Bdawg
12-08-2023, 04:39 PM

That would be one hell of a move. Heck even the Bama guy isnt coming till after playoffs supposedly. So hire the ?DC? (who isn?t coming till after the playoff) to throw off aTm. They let him go and we come in and grab him while our ?DCs? move to D positions coaches. Bold strategy, Cotton! But I like it!!

lastmajordog
12-08-2023, 06:52 PM
It is hard to go wrong hiring a Saban guy period. The organization he has on staff is second to none.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MrCoachKlein
12-08-2023, 07:10 PM

His HC experience was flawed. They had some kind of scholarship advantage or something over rest if conference if I remember correctly

Pancho
12-08-2023, 09:05 PM
he has good familiarity with Kiffin too. I'm all in on this guy.