PDA

View Full Version : Zavion enters portal

CadaverDawg
12-05-2023, 05:40 PM
Dang

StarkVegasSteve
12-05-2023, 05:43 PM
And he still does not have an LSU offer. One may come but that is the only place he would go. He is leaving a TON of money on the table if he does leave.

Coach34
12-05-2023, 05:44 PM
LSU people think its a done deal

ZedFedder
12-05-2023, 05:45 PM
At this point it?s pretty clear he doesn?t want to be here. He?s good, but I don?t think he?s worth all of the drama.

RezDog7
12-05-2023, 05:45 PM
At this point, bye. Cant let players hold you hostage. If you don't want to be here, get gone.

DesotoDog1967
12-05-2023, 05:49 PM
They are all mercenaries now. Use his money elsewhere

War Machine Dawg
12-05-2023, 05:51 PM
Agree with Zed. He's good, but he ain't worth the distractions. He's fast, but doesn't have elite speed. Decent hands, not great. Under six feet. We need a major infusion of SEC talent at WR in general, because we don't have it right now. Our receivers that are taller than 6 feet are slow. The ones under 6 feet struggle to catch. In the modern game, you need the combination of both. Obviously those guys don't grow on trees, but we should be able to find a couple every couple of years. Hopefully Lebby's offense will be attractive enough that those guys believe they'll get the ball if they come here.

civildawg
12-05-2023, 05:53 PM
I know this sounds like sour grapes but I'm glad he is. Our offer to him was too much in my opinion and we need DL not an above average receiver

Bothrops
12-05-2023, 05:54 PM
LSU as punt returner

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2023, 05:56 PM
Sh!t.

He was our best playmaker and with a good system and QB, i think he could put up big numbers.

On offense it is a complete rebuild.

Bothrops
12-05-2023, 05:57 PM
We are going to be so bad next year.

DownwardDawg
12-05-2023, 06:03 PM
We are going to be so bad next year.

Zero chance our offense will be as bad next year as it was this year with Lebby and the portal.

starkvegasdawg
12-05-2023, 06:06 PM
The way things are now f**k em. If they don't want to be here for whatever reason then there's the door. I'll cheer for whoever runs out of the tunnel on Saturday. All of this lately has lowered my emotional investment and give a damn by a whole lot.

preachermatt83
12-05-2023, 06:06 PM
He couldn’t play for me. I don’t want him here. I don’t care if he’s the best player in the world.

preachermatt83
12-05-2023, 06:07 PM
I know this sounds like sour grapes but I'm glad he is. Our offer to him was too much in my opinion and we need DL not an above average receiver

Absolutely it was. He was eating a huge chunk of nil.

DownwardDawg
12-05-2023, 06:18 PM
The way things are now f**k em. If they don't want to be here for whatever reason then there's the door. I'll cheer for whoever runs out of the tunnel on Saturday. All of this lately has lowered my emotional investment and give a damn by a whole lot.

I'm with you. You won't be able to name players like you always have. You'll know a few. That's it.

Msujd164
12-05-2023, 06:18 PM
17 the Drama Queen.

EdwardDrayton
12-05-2023, 06:22 PM
Wait a minute. I thought he inked a Google deal that would keep him at State?!!? WTH?

Coach34
12-05-2023, 06:22 PM
Wait a minute. I thought he inked a Google deal that would keep him at State?!!? WTH?

Taking Google with him to LSU it sounds like

RezDog7
12-05-2023, 06:25 PM

As long as it's googles money and not MSU's, who cares.

CaptainObvious
12-05-2023, 06:27 PM
After the offense he just went through this past year, if he doesn't want to play in a Lebby offense, he just doesn't want to be here. It is just that simple. Mississippi just wasn't for him. We need players who want to play at MSU. I sure hope Harrell is sincere in his love for State! Because he may be the only WR we have next year!

RockyDog
12-05-2023, 06:27 PM
Bye loser

PCHSDawg
12-05-2023, 06:30 PM
In today's world you just have to root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

parabrave
12-05-2023, 06:34 PM

Hope he realizes but Daniels might not be there next year/

msudawg1200
12-05-2023, 06:35 PM
This is going to happen Hadad and Faulk both said it. Many players are going to enter the portal. Don't worry with it. I trust Lebby. If they don't want to be here sayonara. We'll get someone else. As mentioned all it is now are paid merecenaries. There is no loyalty from them, nor am I to them as a fan. Get the hell out if you don't like it here.

EdwardDrayton
12-05-2023, 06:39 PM

Because we used it to promote him staying when in fact it benefits him and Google but did nothing for us. Absolute horseshit.

Commercecomet24
12-05-2023, 06:40 PM
Might as well get used to it. Lebby won't baby them. If they want to get on board he'll make em better. If they don't want to get up to his standard he's gonna cut em. Lebby can recruit and he'll replace these cats. We have to be patient because it may not be overnight but in the long run he'll build it right and provide an excellent culture.

RockyDog
12-05-2023, 06:42 PM
And some of y’all want to spend your hard earned money on this horseshit? 17 that. Good luck to you. You get more bang for your buck at the titty club than you do pissing away on these pre-Madonna athletes for hire

Commercecomet24
This is going to happen Hadad and Faulk both said it. Many players are going to enter the portal. Don't worry with it. I trust Lebby. If they don't want to be here sayonara. We'll get someone else. As mentioned all it is now are paid merecenaries. There is no loyalty from them, nor am I to them as a fan. Get the hell out if you don't like it here.

This 100%!

Commercecomet24
And some of y’all want to spend your hard on money on this horseshit? 17 that. Good luck to you. You get more bang for your buck at the titty club than you do pissing away on these pre-Madonna athletes for hire

What is hard on money lol!

Coursesuper
12-05-2023, 06:43 PM
Might as well get used to it. Lebby won't baby them. If they want to get on board he'll make em better. If they don't want to get up to his standard he's gonna cut em. Lebby can recruit and he'll replace these cats. We have to be patient because it may not be overnight but in the long run he'll build it right and provide an excellent culture.

You damn right. The culture has to change, and that is going to take time.

Commercecomet24
12-05-2023, 06:46 PM
You damn right. The culture has to change, and that is going to take time.

I hope people understand this and don't freak out. Gotta cull the dead wood before you get to the good timber!

EdwardDrayton
12-05-2023, 06:46 PM

LOL!!!!

Dawgology
12-05-2023, 06:48 PM

Clearly that’s titty-club money! Hahahaha

DownwardDawg
12-05-2023, 06:49 PM

I was about to ask the same thing!!!!!! Hahahaha!!!!!

Commercecomet24
12-05-2023, 06:53 PM
Clearly that’s titty-club money! Hahahaha

He must've had something else on his mind besides zavion football!

BuckyIsAB****
12-05-2023, 06:54 PM
Its to get more money from us

BuckyIsAB****
12-05-2023, 06:55 PM
I wouldnt be so fast to throw him under the bus. And I absolutely hate this system. Loathe it. But I bet he stays

Commercecomet24
12-05-2023, 06:55 PM

More than likely but I hear he's asking for stupid stupid money.

Coursesuper
12-05-2023, 06:57 PM
I hope people understand this and don't freak out. Gotta cull the dead wood before you get to the good timber!

Yep, if you’re not on board don’t let the door hit you in that ass on the way out.

BuckyIsAB****
12-05-2023, 06:58 PM
More than likely but I hear he's asking for stupid stupid money.

State can play the game too.

Commercecomet24
12-05-2023, 06:59 PM
State can play the game too.

And we should.

BuckyIsAB****
12-05-2023, 07:04 PM
And we should.

Oh I hope we have a team full of portal pimps next year

DawgFromOxford
12-05-2023, 07:05 PM

Still don?t understand what Google has to gain from sponsoring a kid most people don?t know unless they are an MSU fan

RezDog7
12-05-2023, 07:11 PM
Still don?t understand what Google has to gain from sponsoring a kid most people don?t know unless they are an MSU fan

Agreed

defiantdog
12-05-2023, 07:12 PM
Google may use him for website ads for youtubetv. But he better not be wearing MSU gear in the pop up ads.

R2Dawg
12-05-2023, 07:40 PM
At this point, bye. Cant let players hold you hostage. If you don't want to be here, get gone.

Yep, we want Dawgs that want to be here. They are out there too; good ones.

chef dixon
12-05-2023, 07:52 PM
The only kind of schools he can command big money from are places like us. I don't think we should spend big on a glorified punt returner though. Might get the same production out of some hungry unknown guys

Homedawg
12-05-2023, 07:55 PM

Maybe so. And I never say never. But will be reasonable w our offer. He's playing w the wrong dude. We shall see. But his last ask was so stupid .... well

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2023, 07:55 PM
The only kind of schools he can command big money from are places like us. I don't think we should spend big on a glorified punt returner though. Might get the same production out of some hungry unknown guys

I think a lot of y?all are nuts. The kid is playmaker at WR. He had Mike Wright and a true freshman throwing to him half the season.

Im not saying we should break the bank for him, but to pretend he isnt good is just nuts.

Some of y?all aren?t built for the new portal world.

Homedawg
12-05-2023, 07:56 PM
I wouldnt be so fast to throw him under the bus. And I absolutely hate this system. Loathe it. But I bet he stays

I agree w that.... but at this point the bluff has been called....

Homedawg
12-05-2023, 07:58 PM
I think a lot of y?all are nuts. The kid is playmaker at WR. He had Mike Wright and a true freshman throwing to him half the season.

Im not saying we should break the bank for him, but to pretend he isnt good is just nuts.

He's a good player. I like him. But not worth anywhere near, near what he thinks he worth.

chef dixon
12-05-2023, 08:02 PM

He's not worth big money. Period. I say make a statement and pull his scholarship/ability to come back. He is not making or breaking our program. He likely ends up without an LSU offer even close to what he could make here. There are going to need to be good (not great) players that are made an example of if you play around to settle this stuff down over the next couple of years.

Coursesuper
12-05-2023, 08:07 PM
Maybe so. And I never say never. But will be reasonable w our offer. He's playing w the wrong dude. We shall see. But his last ask was so stupid .... well

I’ll bet he hasn’t figured out that this isn’t the last staff and he about to find out they are far from the same.

Really Clark?
12-05-2023, 08:08 PM
Don't freak out over any player testing waters / leaving / trying to gain leverage. Lebby was very much a head of the NIL spend at OU, the who and how much. He will make good decisions

Homedawg
12-05-2023, 08:11 PM
Don't freak out over any player testing waters / leaving / trying to gain leverage. Lebby was very much a head of the NIL spend at OU, the who and how much. He will make good decisions

I think our team knows what to do. And will handle it well

preachermatt83
12-05-2023, 08:16 PM
Clearly that?s titty-club money! Hahahaha

That?s hilarious

Really Clark?
12-05-2023, 08:18 PM
I think our team knows what to do. And will handle it well

I agree!

TALL DAWG
12-05-2023, 08:29 PM
Ok C-comet 24 when u say stupid stupid money are u talking 400 to 500k or 750k+

LC Dawg
12-05-2023, 08:30 PM
If my kid was a star P5 player I would have him enter the portal every year. It's a ****ed up system but why shouldn't the players take advantage of it. I blame the system and not the players.
Can you imagine taking less money to stay with your current school and then the coach leaves for more money? Or coaches lie to you to get you to stay?
There's no loyalty from schools, coaches or players. It's all about money.
I'll give a little, watch on game day and worry about it the rest of the time.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-05-2023, 08:50 PM
How the hell are coaches supposed to build a roster? What's the point in a coaching players up like Bump did for Zavion? What a mess. Big schools hvae the $$$ to generally keep the players they want/buy decent players to replace them, but even them, I can't imagine the headache it causes for 95% of coaches.

I wish we'd kill the 1 time transfer rule and reinstate the 1 year sit out, 2 years if it's in conference. Keep the grad transfer rule. Players would still get paid out of HS, and might can negotiate an NIL after that just so the school doens't get a reputation of being unfair. If they leave for the NFL early, they're getting paid pretty quick. If they're not an NFL guy but are a solid player they can make bank as a grad transfer. Like Gabriel, not an NFL guy but he'll make 1.5M or whatever.

NIL would still go to players, but there'd be no "free agency". Big schools with big NIL still have the HS and grad transfer edge, but at least we'd be able to benefit from "diamonds in the rough" that we coached up.

Homedawg
12-05-2023, 09:10 PM
If my kid was a star P5 player I would have him enter the portal every year. It's a ****ed up system but why shouldn't the players take advantage of it. I blame the system and not the players.
Can you imagine taking less money to stay with your current school and then the coach leaves for more money? Or coaches lie to you to get you to stay?
There's no loyalty from schools, coaches or players. It's all about money.
I'll give a little, watch on game day and worry about it the rest of the time.

Well considering you can only transfer once that might not work.

Homedawg
12-05-2023, 09:11 PM
How the hell are coaches supposed to build a roster? What's the point in a coaching players up like Bump did for Zavion? What a mess. Big schools hvae the $$$ to generally keep the players they want/buy decent players to replace them, but even them, I can't imagine the headache it causes for 95% of coaches.

I wish we'd kill the 1 time transfer rule and reinstate the 1 year sit out, 2 years if it's in conference. Keep the grad transfer rule. Players would still get paid out of HS, and might can negotiate an NIL after that just so the school doens't get a reputation of being unfair. If they leave for the NFL early, they're getting paid pretty quick. If they're not an NFL guy but are a solid player they can make bank as a grad transfer. Like Gabriel, not an NFL guy but he'll make 1.5M or whatever.

NIL would still go to players, but there'd be no "free agency". Big schools with big NIL still have the HS and grad transfer edge, but at least we'd be able to benefit from "diamonds in the rough" that we coached up.

The entire transfer portal is the disaster that got us here

bobcat91
12-05-2023, 09:26 PM

That's a negative. It was negotiated by the Bulldog Initiative and it goes away if he leaves

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-05-2023, 09:31 PM
The entire transfer portal is the disaster that got us here

You mean "1 time transfer rule"? I think the Portal is just the database players enter to help coaches contact them.

Coach34
12-05-2023, 09:32 PM
That's a negative. It was negotiated by the Bulldog Initiative and it goes away if he leaves

Google can turn right around and do the same thing thru LSU’s whatever.

Homedawg
12-05-2023, 09:34 PM
You mean "1 time transfer rule"? I think the Portal is just the database players enter to help coaches contact them.

Yes that's what I'm referring to.

StarkVegasSteve
12-05-2023, 09:56 PM

Incorrect. That deal was made in conjunction with the BI. He loses it. Now if LSU wants to renegotiate it then go right ahead. I am sure he will really make waves next year catching passes from Matt Flynn….my bad Garrett Nussmeier. And that is IF LSU even takes him. I am going to laugh my ass off if he ends up at Tulane.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-05-2023, 09:57 PM
Incorrect. That deal was made in conjunction with the BI. He loses it.

Yes but as C34 said Google can set up the same advertising deal though LSU's BI equivalent

My main question is: If Zavion leaves, can we convince Google to spend money on another State player? If Google money leaves with Zavion, that means our total NIL pot gets smaller

LC Dawg
12-05-2023, 10:15 PM
Well considering you can only transfer once that might not work.

Yeah, you're right. So enter once after your freshman or sophomore season and hope your current team gives you more money and take it even if you can get more somewhere else. Then enter again and get more money anywhere you can. Then graduate and get more money.
Good players can demand a good starting salary and get 3 nice raises in a five year period. And I don't blame them for doing it if the system allows it.

Homedawg
12-05-2023, 10:31 PM
Yes but as C34 said Google can set up the same advertising deal though LSU's BI equivalent

My main question is: If Zavion leaves, can we convince Google to spend money on another State player? If Google money leaves with Zavion, that means our total NIL pot gets smaller

No our nil didn't get smaller. It was googles money. Just like Dr Pepper paying Bryce young. It Dr Pepper money. It didn't shrink out $.

cheewgumm
12-05-2023, 10:40 PM
i wish him well.

This is the way it is now. Who cares?

We'll get someone else..will be this way forever. Dont get connected to the player.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-05-2023, 10:41 PM
No our nil didn't get smaller. It was googles money. Just like Dr Pepper paying Bryce young. It Dr Pepper money. It didn't shrink out $.

Say we have $1M in NIL from our boosters. Google comes along and offers $200k to Zavion. That's $200k less we have to pay him, we can use the $1M on other players. Zavion leaves, takes Google too. We still have $1M, but we also have to replace Zavion.

Google is in effect a 200k donor to the BI that we lose.

Obviously all numbers are made up in the above

Homedawg
12-05-2023, 11:14 PM
Say we have $1M in NIL from our boosters. Google comes along and offers $200k to Zavion. That's $200k less we have to pay him, we can use the $1M on other players. Zavion leaves, takes Google too. We still have $1M, but we also have to replace Zavion.

Your point is solid. However, he thinks that Google is the money "he made" and we still owe him what he's "worth" Nevermind the fact we helped him w the deal. And the fact is, he's in the portal to test that. I'm not arguing w you. Honestly. But it's really never money saved.

Coach34
12-05-2023, 11:14 PM

Yes- this

CoachT14
12-06-2023, 08:02 AM

While your argument is good, you're forgetting that by him entering the portal we can pay multiple players what we were about to pay Zavion. So no we aren't losing any money, in fact we might be better off for it.

Coursesuper
12-06-2023, 08:09 AM
While your argument is good, you're forgetting that by him entering the portal we can pay multiple players what we were about to pay Zavion. So no we aren't losing any money, in fact we might be better off for it.

Wow.

Pancho
12-06-2023, 08:19 AM
wonder what Zavion does when LSU doesn't measure up with a proper offer?

defiantdog
12-06-2023, 08:20 AM
Your point is solid. However, he thinks that Google is the money "he made" and we still owe him what he's "worth" Nevermind the fact we helped him w the deal. And the fact is, he's in the portal to test that. I'm not arguing w you. Honestly. But it's really never money saved.
I'm pretty sure the Google deal involved ad revenue. So there might be stipulations if he's wearing msu gear in the ad.

ZedFedder
12-06-2023, 08:33 AM

I doubt he is allowed back here.

Duckdog
12-06-2023, 08:37 AM
LSU doesn't want his stupid tail. He'll end up at mcneese

CoachT14
12-06-2023, 09:53 AM
Wow.

?

BlackSailsDawg
12-06-2023, 10:50 AM

LSU does want him.

Bothrops
12-06-2023, 11:04 AM
We better be getting a couple of qb's before we have to settle. I suspect we may end up setttling for a hopeful or two.

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2023, 11:07 AM

What are you talking about? Of course he is going to be "allowed" back. Kid is a player. Do I need to find the thread when the google deal was announced and people were pumped?

Looking at our offensive roster for next year and you had to draft players from our offense, where does he get picked? First? Second at worst.

Some of y'all need to realize that this is the new college football world. Yeah, he may get into the portal to try and get more money from us, the same way we are going to sign some HS kids that are developmental players that won't cost a lot in NIL money.

confucius say
12-06-2023, 11:10 AM

Same approach leach took.

Bothrops
12-06-2023, 11:12 AM
If he wants to go to the slimy program, let him go.

confucius say
12-06-2023, 11:13 AM
He's a good player. I like him. But not worth anywhere near, near what he thinks he worth.

Is he worth low 6 figures?

Homedawg
12-06-2023, 11:33 AM
Is he worth low 6 figures?

If the first number is a one. Sure

confucius say
12-06-2023, 11:36 AM
If the first number is a one. Sure

That was my thought. 150k or so

BankerDog
12-06-2023, 04:17 PM
He ain?t worth the $500K he is trying to get..a reason Bama, Auburn, and OM all laughed at his advisor and hung up the phone. There is also a reason Lebby told him to clean his locker and get gone. The money spent between he and Tulu last year will be able to get us 3 really good WRs this year

HaggardDawg
12-06-2023, 04:28 PM
Seriously guys losing him screws us. How are we ever going to replace his 3.5 catches, 45 yards, 3 drops, and 0.09 TDS per game? I'm officially worried about our WR group next year.

Really Clark?
12-06-2023, 05:08 PM
He ain?t worth the $500K he is trying to get..a reason Bama, Auburn, and OM all laughed at his advisor and hung up the phone. There is also a reason Lebby told him to clean his locker and get gone. The money spent between he and Tulu last year will be able to get us 3 really good WRs this year

Lebby is well equipped to play poker with athletes and NIL. He will stick to his value of a player and is working extremely well with the BI and our budget.

Goldendawg
12-06-2023, 05:37 PM

Didn't he already pull this last year and we took him back?

EdwardDrayton
12-06-2023, 05:49 PM
I mean can't really blame him. He's probably thinking he can't throw to himself. QB? QB? Bueller? Bueller?

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2023, 07:56 PM

AU and LSU have already offered

Homedawg
12-06-2023, 08:37 PM

Yeah his comment was just not very well thought out.

confucius say
12-06-2023, 08:41 PM
Yeah his comment was just not very well thought out.

Wonder if he will get over 200k there.

Pancho
12-06-2023, 09:08 PM
not when he sees that LSu already has 4 just like him

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2023, 09:12 PM

Not for what he was asking for from us. Auburn offered after his hs coach called and begged them to offer him. This was after they hung up on him when he told them he wanted 500K. LSU offered weeks ago but they will not give him anywhere near what he wants.

However, just like since HS, this is all about the HS coach. He wants his palms greased and we were not playing ball with him.

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2023, 09:45 PM
Not for what he was asking for from us. Auburn offered after his hs coach called and begged them to offer him. This was after they hung up on him when he told them he wanted 500K. LSU offered weeks ago but they will not give him anywhere near what he wants.

However, just like since HS, this is all about the HS coach. He wants his palms greased and we were not playing ball with him.

Yall are some dialed in posters.

I have a few connections to big boosters and a few coaches, but yall must have connections everywhere.

Homedawg
12-06-2023, 10:05 PM

Gonna take whatever they or auburn offer. Not much recourse

bulldawg28
12-07-2023, 07:36 AM
I'm not worried about a WR. In today's game a high school player can plug and play.

R2Dawg
12-08-2023, 12:41 PM
I'm not worried about a WR. I'm today's game a high school player can plug and play.

Agree with that. Now the LOS, QB, edge rushers there is where the bread is buttered.