PDA

View Full Version : Rogers

Msujd164
12-04-2023, 10:44 AM
was just Crystal balled to Washington. Interesting.

TrapGame
12-04-2023, 10:45 AM
Softer defenses. He'll look like Bo Nix.

viverlibre
12-04-2023, 10:48 AM
His NIL value is listed at $446k. Hope he gets it. He balled for us in some bad situations and even got booed by the student section this year. He never publicly complained.

viverlibre
12-04-2023, 10:49 AM

Arn't they going into the Big 10 (or whoever many teams)?

Churchill
12-04-2023, 11:09 AM

Doubtful

Goldendawg
12-04-2023, 11:10 AM
Arn't they going into the Big 10 (or whoever many teams)?

Yes, they are. Upper tier of Big 10 are good.

Coach34
12-04-2023, 11:28 AM
Washington plays Michigan, Iowa, Penn State, Oregon, USC, UCLA, and Rutgers next year

ZedFedder
12-04-2023, 11:38 AM
I think Rogers got a raw deal here with this offense, and I am thankful for all the success he had as a dawg.

That being said, Washington is going to be sorely disappointed going from Penix to Rogers. That is a pretty huge drop off.

TrapGame
12-04-2023, 11:40 AM
Washington plays Michigan, Iowa, Penn State, Oregon, USC, UCLA, and Rutgers next year

Ouch! PAC12 teams about to get a rude awakening.

RockyDog
12-04-2023, 11:50 AM

and Northwestern.

Michigan has to play Washington, Oregon, and SC out of the new teams. Ohio State plays Oregon and the rest are traditional B10 teams. Think the schedule makers made it any more obvious who is the favorite for next season?

WSOPdawg
12-04-2023, 12:18 PM
His NIL value is listed at $446k. Hope he gets it. He balled for us in some bad situations and even got booed by the student section this year. He never publicly complained.

I just wonder ?who? decided they were the NIL experts in all of college football land to be able to say this about s a player?s NIL value.

Matt3467
12-04-2023, 12:21 PM
I just wonder ?who? decided they were the NIL experts in all of college football land to be able to say this about s a player?s NIL value.

Yea that's interesting. I thought I heard someone on here earlier in the year saying he was offered a lot more to go to AU.

State82
12-04-2023, 12:59 PM

Yeah, WTH? Is there a NIL Kelley Blue Book? That is pretty bogus.

mparkerfd20
12-04-2023, 01:04 PM
I'd give him a dollar and a Happy Meal and expect to get change back.

Todd4State
12-04-2023, 01:32 PM

Arnett and Barbay 17ed him over. And all of us really.

Coach34
12-04-2023, 01:34 PM

They really didnt. If he actually ends up somewhere like Washington playing that schedule they have next year- you'll see more of the same from this past year

viverlibre
12-04-2023, 01:59 PM

Like just about everything else online, it's all about "interesting" content creation, getting clicks and using that data to sell ad space.

I've heard some national commentators say that most players aren't getting their proposed value. Only the top players are getting 7 figure deals. Hopefully eventually some tax return info will filter out showing what was actually paid.

Churchill
12-04-2023, 02:21 PM

Dirt b_____s made him play with 5lb sandbags on each ankle **

DEDawg
12-04-2023, 02:30 PM
Wow good for him. Going from Penix to Will is going to be quite a transition

KB21
12-04-2023, 02:31 PM
They really didnt. If he actually ends up somewhere like Washington playing that schedule they have next year- you'll see more of the same from this past year

Not with the play callers that Washington has. Barbay and Arnett very much inhibited any potential production with this offense.

msstate7
12-04-2023, 02:39 PM
Away big10 games gonna be tough on Will's arm. Nasty, windy conditions

Coach34
12-04-2023, 02:53 PM
Not with the play callers that Washington has. Barbay and Arnett very much inhibited any potential production with this offense.

Thats BS

We ran a play in the Egg early in the 4th where we went unbalanced on the left, and had Tulu in the backfield. We had snuck Harmon in on the right. Motioned Tulu out of the backfield to the right to get the CB to go with him. He did. Harmon was wide open running to the pylon and what did Rogers do? Throw it Tulu for a 5 yard gain instead of a TD to make it 17-14. That play was Rogers in a nutshell and who he is as a QB.

The coach can only do so much

Coach34
12-04-2023, 02:59 PM
Away big10 games gonna be tough on Will's arm. Nasty, windy conditions

This too. Good point

chef dixon
12-04-2023, 02:59 PM
I like the guy, but I don't see a power conference team spending a dime on him. If they pay $446k, the entire staff should be fired on spot.

Coursesuper
12-04-2023, 03:15 PM
This too. Good point

Only in the last month of the season. Pretty Damn nice before that.

msstate7
12-04-2023, 03:17 PM
Only in the last month of the season. Pretty Damn nice before that.

That's true. I would think Washington will care very much about late season games though

RezDog7
12-04-2023, 04:34 PM
It's funny when I hear these so called "experts" on SEC network talk about how Rogers is a prolific passer and talk about all the statistics. Tells me very quickly they have no idea what they're talking about. Good kid, average QB.

C&DDAWG32
12-04-2023, 04:40 PM
He had a rough year this year, but if he gets in the right system I think he'll do fine. I mean, if he's going to get paid what some are projecting, you would think the teams wanting him see something past the stats. I think lack of confidence played a big roll this year. I could be totally wrong but I hope he goes and does well.

TrapGame
12-04-2023, 04:41 PM
It's funny when I hear these so called "experts" on SEC network talk about how Rogers is a prolific passer and talk about all the statistics. Tells me very quickly they have no idea what they're talking about. Good kid, average QB.

Will's a good kid, but when you look at some the QBs in the Air Raid Leach coached you'll see he was waaaaay down the list. Some of the mediocre Texas Tech QBs were better than Will.

Irondawg
12-04-2023, 04:53 PM
Thats BS

We ran a play in the Egg early in the 4th where we went unbalanced on the left, and had Tulu in the backfield. We had snuck Harmon in on the right. Motioned Tulu out of the backfield to the right to get the CB to go with him. He did. Harmon was wide open running to the pylon and what did Rogers do? Throw it Tulu for a 5 yard gain instead of a TD to make it 17-14. That play was Rogers in a nutshell and who he is as a QB.

This - and we saw it on aerial views in the Air Raid as well where he?d miss a guy open on intermediate to deep routes and dump to rb for 2 yards.

He?s not terrible, but he?s not close to be over average across NCAA either

MsuDawg_10
12-04-2023, 04:57 PM
No confidence in his own arm strength..

Dogbone
12-04-2023, 05:09 PM
Thats BS

What are you going to do next year without your butt buddy Brad giving you the inside scoop?

Mjoelner34
12-04-2023, 05:36 PM
This - and we saw it on aerial views in the Air Raid as well where he?d miss a guy open on intermediate to deep routes and dump to rb for 2 yards.

He?s not terrible, but he?s not close to be over average across NCAA either

Truth. It was so wide open I had started to lean forward ready to jump and scream before he threw the check-down. There was an audible groan through the whole Scoreboard Club on that one.

Thick
12-04-2023, 06:09 PM
Thats BS

There was no one within 15 yards of Harmon on that play….he would have walked into the end zone. The announcers even pointed it out. Just another Will thinking small ball when big plays were right in front of him DOWN field!

Coach34
12-04-2023, 06:44 PM
What are you going to do next year without your butt buddy Brad giving you the inside scoop?

I'll text someone else in the building or someone else that talks to someone in the building like Ive done for years

BuckyIsAB****
12-04-2023, 06:47 PM

Yes they did. Not just him but every player staff member and fan.

Just take the l, the airbone won

Coach34
12-04-2023, 06:50 PM
Truth. It was so wide open I had started to lean forward ready to jump and scream before he threw the check-down. There was an audible groan through the whole Scoreboard Club on that one.

Yeah I can imagine the back view like that on that one made you facepalm. I yelled and cussed for about 20 seconds. That was our chance there to take the momentum back

Blaming coaches constantly on the college level is for people that dont understand football. Coaches can only design the play- the guys have to make the magic happen. That wasnt the only one of the game- there were 5-6 more. The screen to Woody on the 1st series was another good call that Rogers couldnt complete because of his lack of athleticism. A completion there goes for a big play because Mississippi was blitzing

coachnorm
12-04-2023, 07:30 PM
The end game for Rogers is he was and is genetically defective to throw deep or under duress. He was mentally incapable to deal with defensive pressure. End game is end game, you cant unring the bell, whats been seen cant be unseen.

Extendedcab
12-04-2023, 07:32 PM
I'll text someone else in the building or someone else that talks to someone in the building like Ive done for years

Lol, good one!

Todd4State
12-05-2023, 02:29 AM
Yeah I can imagine the back view like that on that one made you facepalm. I yelled and cussed for about 20 seconds. That was our chance there to take the momentum back

Blaming coaches constantly on the college level is for people that dont understand football. Coaches can only design the play- the guys have to make the magic happen. That wasnt the only one of the game- there were 5-6 more. The screen to Woody on the 1st series was another good call that Rogers couldnt complete because of his lack of athleticism. A completion there goes for a big play because Mississippi was blitzing

So when Croom was the coach it was his fault that the offense was bad? But now it's the players?

I have a very hard time believing that Leach was so good that he was able to get 9 wins and average more than 10 PPG in SEC games than we were able to pull off this past year. The only time we really moved the ball was at the end of the first half when we were throwing the ball quickly. Once we got close to FG range Woody McBarbay came back and we immediately stalled.

We literally had players running into each other during plays, plays that were so badly conceived even the announcer didn't know what we were trying to do, multiple times running the ball on third and 10 up the middle, among other things. But that's all on the players because they couldn't "make it work"? And this offense not only didn't work with Will- it was worse with a mobile QB. And not just any QB- a QB that was good enough to win games for VANDERBILT in addition to one of the top passers in SEC history who had won a lot of games at MSU. But none of that is on the coaches?

Sure- player don't execute sometimes and yes Will missed Harmon on the play but that would have only gotten us to 14 points which is still pretty awful.

Yes the players have to execute but the coaches put them in a position to succeed and our last staff simply failed at that. Badly. The buck stops with them.

SpaceBully
12-05-2023, 02:36 AM
If he gets an OL to protect him, he'll do well. The Huskies will also help his brand more than MSU.....which might payoff later on.

coachnorm
12-05-2023, 11:54 AM
If he gets an OL to protect him, he'll do well. The Huskies will also help his brand more than MSU.....which might payoff later on.

If Rogers goes to Washington and gets playing time, the offensive linemen better hit the portal because when he holds on to the football and takes sacks the offensive linemen will get grief just like at Mississippi State. Who wants to pass protect for a deer in the headlights who processes so slowly that he tosses swing passes and check downs with receivers open up field? Genetics are the same be it at Mississippi State or Washington: you can not unring the bell.

BlackSailsDawg
12-05-2023, 12:05 PM
If Rogers goes to Washington and gets playing time, the offensive linemen better hit the portal because when he holds on to the football and takes sacks the offensive linemen will get grief just like at Mississippi State. Who wants to pass protect for a deer in the headlights who processes so slowly that he tosses swing passes and check downs with receivers open up field? Genetics are the same be it at Mississippi State or Washington: you can not unring the bell.

Horse shit. Pure gene34 horse shit

BuckyIsAB****
12-05-2023, 12:06 PM

Word salad

Cowbell
12-05-2023, 12:09 PM

I have personally only seen Will really ball out once. Auburn 2021

Dogbone
12-05-2023, 12:22 PM
I have personally only seen Will really ball out once. Auburn 2021

Like your opinion matters!

Coach34
12-05-2023, 12:24 PM
So when Croom was the coach it was his fault that the offense was bad? But now it's the players?

I have a very hard time believing that Leach was so good that he was able to get 9 wins and average more than 10 PPG in SEC games than we were able to pull off this past year. The only time we really moved the ball was at the end of the first half when we were throwing the ball quickly. Once we got close to FG range Woody McBarbay came back and we immediately stalled.

We literally had players running into each other during plays, plays that were so badly conceived even the announcer didn't know what we were trying to do, multiple times running the ball on third and 10 up the middle, among other things. But that's all on the players because they couldn't "make it work"? And this offense not only didn't work with Will- it was worse with a mobile QB. And not just any QB- a QB that was good enough to win games for VANDERBILT in addition to one of the top passers in SEC history who had won a lot of games at MSU. But none of that is on the coaches?

Sure- player don't execute sometimes and yes Will missed Harmon on the play but that would have only gotten us to 14 points which is still pretty awful.

Yes the players have to execute but the coaches put them in a position to succeed and our last staff simply failed at that. Badly. The buck stops with them.

A) Croom was a diversity hire. He hadnt really been successful except for having coached Barry Sanders
B) We gave Leach a pass in 2020 when we were bad on offense with a 5-star transfer QB- why? 1st year and changing offenses. Why doesnt this staff get a transition pass?
C) Having the starting QB out for 3 games cost this team a bowl game and you know it
D) We had as many yards as Mississippi in the Egg- just missed 2 FG's and some other chances.
E) Agree that we failed to execute alot but that is what its all about
F) We scored 30 vs SC, put 17 on Bama which was more than the AR in 3 seasons, and then scored 41- and the QB got hurt stopping all momentum for the season and offense. Never got things back on track after that.

Dogbone
12-05-2023, 12:36 PM
A) Croom was a diversity hire. He hadnt really been successful except for having coached Barry Sanders
B) We gave Leach a pass in 2020 when we were bad on offense with a 5-star transfer QB- why? 1st year and changing offenses. Why doesnt this staff get a transition pass?
C) Having the starting QB out for 3 games cost this team a bowl game and you know it
D) We had as many yards as Mississippi in the Egg- just missed 2 FG's and some other chances.
F) We scored 30 vs SC, put 17 on Bama which was more than the AR in 3 seasons, and then scored 41- and the QB got hurt stopping all momentum for the season and offense. Never got things back on track after that.

Gotta stand up for our buddies!!

Mjoelner34
12-05-2023, 01:00 PM
B) We? I think you were calling it the Airbone by the 3rd game. Plus, it was a full 180 degree swing in offense from a power running game that we had been doing and being implemented with a transfer QB and true Fr QB who, like everybody else never even got to practice it before the season. This year's team was led by veterans on offense who went through an entire spring and summer with the opportunity to practice and learn it and they were told the offense wouldn't be a major shift like it was.

Matt3467
12-05-2023, 01:43 PM

A lot more went in B than just 1st year and changing offenses. There was covid and the fact that not only did he have all you mentioned plus covid to deal with but he had to do it playing an all SEC schedule. Didn't we have less than 50 players suiting up vs Georgia? I believe some thought we would cancel.

This staff doesn't get the same rope when they come in and lie their tails off about the offense they're going to run and it being tailor made for what we have.

Coach34
12-05-2023, 02:00 PM
B) We? I think you were calling it the Airbone by the 3rd game. Plus, it was a full 180 degree swing in offense from a power running game that we had been doing and being implemented with a transfer QB and true Fr QB who, like everybody else never even got to practice it before the season. This year's team was led by veterans on offense who went through an entire spring and summer with the opportunity to practice and learn it and they were told the offense wouldn't be a major shift like it was.

Regardless of what they said- we did a 180 offensively this year. And to be fair- It never changed from being the Airbone all 3 of Leach's seasons, that's why Marks holds the receiving record

Quaoarsking
12-05-2023, 03:16 PM
Regardless of what they said- we did a 180 offensively this year.

And doing that was the worst coaching decision any SEC coach has made in the 21st century, explaining why he set the record for the quickest firing for non-scandal reasons

BuckyIsAB****
12-05-2023, 04:23 PM

Uh no. We changed our offense 3 times in 6 months and lied to the kids about what our intentions were. Practices were a waste of time by A&M week and it was an absolutely negative environment because the people at the top got what they wanted and were awful at what they wanted. How sad is that

C&DDAWG32
12-05-2023, 04:41 PM
I just don't see how anyone could defend this years coaching staff. Not saying they are bad guys but not only did they suck the life out of our program, they sucked buttcheeks at their job. They straight up lied to everyone. It was a complete clown show.

Bothrops
12-05-2023, 05:51 PM
I just don't see how anyone could defend this years coaching staff. Not saying they are bad guys but not only did they suck the life out of our program, they sucked buttcheeks at their job. They straight up lied to everyone. It was a complete clown show.

It's extremely easy to **** up a football team.

BuckyIsAB****
12-05-2023, 06:59 PM

They tore it up in 6 months. It is the WORST coaching job I have ever seen

BuckyIsAB****
12-05-2023, 07:00 PM
It's extremely easy to **** up a football team.

No it?s not easy to tear up a Mike leach culture. They did

coachnorm
12-05-2023, 07:38 PM
Word salad

Accurate on point word salad. That is the end game.

BuckyIsAB****
12-05-2023, 07:47 PM
Accurate on point word salad. That is the end game.

I disagree. There are several other things that disagree too. But part of me is glad he is leaving so I won?t have to read anymore word salads about him

Jacksondevildog
12-05-2023, 08:23 PM
Leach had multiple years of experience at multiple programs and a track record of producing offense. Our last coach let a player development/whatever guy be in his ear on the sidelines during games. The optics of that were troublesome enough.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-05-2023, 09:38 PM
I bashed Will plenty but it's played out now. He's leaving, trashing him isn't a good look. Flawed as he is he's a Dawg and I'm thankful for all he game us, hope he does well wherever he goes and get that NIL.

Todd4State
12-06-2023, 03:53 AM

A) Of course Croom was a diversity hire. So why was he a bad coach but with Arnett it's the "player's fault for not executing"? Ridiculous double standard. The truth is BOTH were bad because BOTH were bad coaches and BOTH put up similar results because of it. Arnett was probably worse considering that Croom took over a 2-10 team and Arnett took over a 9 -4 team with a ton of seniors.

B) Because 2020 wasn't even remotely the same situation. Going into 2020 every fan knew that we were going to have to rebuild the culture after Tutor Gate and the Shrader/Gay fight. There was an expectation that there would be a lot of turnover. And that's what happened. It's also much easier to be patient with a HOF caliber head coach who has a track record of success and whose offense in game one beat a blue blood hanging 44 points on LSU while setting a SEC passing record, nearly beating Georgia and probably would have had Arnett not called a horrible all out blitz call at the absolute worst time, and also put up 51 on Mizzou and won the bowl game that year. Compare that to Arnett who inherited a senior laden team built for the Air Raid that won 9 games before and had a very good culture. Literally all he had to do was not 17 it up. Instead he either lied or didn't know what he was talking about (neither of which is good) when switching the offense when he said it would be close to the Air Raid- and it wasn't. And if you are going to lie about something like that it damn well better work. It didn't. He made a questionable hire at OC that failed. And this in a year where the SEC was way down and we had the Egg Bowl at home. Had he simply been honest about what he wanted to do on offense it would have gone over a lot better for him because the optics would have been better. Whether people agreed with the decision or not. We as MSU fans had to watch another first year head coach piss away what should have been a a potentially special season because we had a coach that wouldn't adapt an offense to what our players could do. Just four years after we watched Joe Moorhead do the same thing.

C) So what? We're 6-6 going to a bowl in Birmingham and still with a new staff because Arnett lost the team and with a ton of opt outs because none of our players want to go play? We were lucky to win a SEC game- the only reason we beat Arkansas was because Zavion couldn't get lined up right which nullified a scoop and score for Arkansas. But I guess Will is good now?** It's not like any of those games without Will were particularly close anyway. Odds are we end up with the same record.

D) Yeah we lost because we were poorly coached. A below average OC wins the Egg Bowl this year.

E) We scored fewer points in every other game compared to 2022 except for those two. And you can't compare Georgia to South Carolina. Leach puts up at least 40 on that team and we win that game. So basically we only improved offensively in one game where we still got blown out. Again- that's all on the coaches. They switched to a completely different scheme and hired not one but two crappy o-line coaches which is a big reason why Will got hurt. And on top of that they ran Woody in the ground even though everyone and their cousin knows he is injury prone and isn't built like JJ Johnson.

CoachT14
12-06-2023, 07:35 AM
I see Jean34 is still upset that his sources got fired.

Dawgface
12-06-2023, 07:52 AM
I see Jean34 is still upset that his sources got fired.

Unbelievable he still supports that crap.