PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hubbard has to be more aggressive

cheewgumm
12-03-2023, 05:57 PM
I don't mean shoot every time, just take over from a leaderhip stand point.

Direct the action, etc.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-03-2023, 06:05 PM
Too late this team is toast

Tripp McNeely
12-03-2023, 06:07 PM
Dashawn forcing 2 garbage shots on those next to last 2 possessions was killer...we NEED Tolu back...now!

msstate7
12-03-2023, 06:10 PM
His aggressiveness is sorta why we didn't score 2 of the last 3 possessions

Bothrops
12-03-2023, 06:23 PM
Someone stole Hubbard's identity. That's not him out there. 4 for 12 fg? Please.

We just mothballed our season in one game.

Did the Hump have any work done in the actual arena? I can't tell at all.

RocketDawg
12-03-2023, 06:28 PM
Someone stole Hubbard's identity. That's not him out there. 4 for 12 fg? Please.

We just mothballed our season in one game.

Did the Hump have any work done in the actual arena? I can't tell at all.

Agree, the Hump pretty much looks the same to me.

Wish they'd either move the bench back to where it was, or move the cameras to the other side. I think that move was done before the refurbishment though.

FoggyBottom
12-03-2023, 07:00 PM
Time out with eight seconds left on the last possession and the best play Jans can come up with is letting Hubbard drive to the hoop?

I can understand letting Hubbard have the last shot after someone else penetrates and dishes but letting your smallest player drive into the teeth of a defense will usually end as it did, i., e., swatted away.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 08:04 PM
Too late this team is toast

That's a bit premature

Goldendawg
12-03-2023, 08:23 PM
Dashawn forcing 2 garbage shots on those next to last 2 possessions was killer...we NEED Tolu back...now!

What happens when teams double team Tolu down low in the post like last year? Who can shoot them out of that on this team? Who are even our top 8 or so players? We are playing too many players and I see no identity thus far. What is our best rotation?

LC Dawg
12-03-2023, 09:06 PM
Hubbard is a true freshman. He's really good but we need some upperclassmen to step up in a leadership role. We don't want to rely too much on Hubbard because he's still learning the college game. He needs to learn that his height limits how often he should drive and stick more to his outside shot. And Jans needs to work to get him more open looks.
I don't mean this as a criticism of Hubbard I just don't want expectations to be too high.

cheewgumm
12-03-2023, 09:15 PM
I am not saying everything depends on him.

He has skills that can make us better.

1) great shooter
2) can get in the lane and distribute

Both these make us better.

Just want him to be more aggressive on both as he is the best at them both.

Thick
12-03-2023, 09:21 PM
This loss is strictly the coaches. If this mfers can’t scheme vs a SWAC team then we’re ****ed. The Dentist shit bed, and as far as I’m concerned, he should be told you got one more year to make some changes to your offensive staff. Tonight was a combination of terrible defense, lack of rebounding, & as usual no offensive gameplan. Tolu is not fixing this problem. Cam is worthless offensively, DJ is just a defensive player no offensive skills, Bell has to beg to get the ball, Jones, Jr. is worthless offensively unless he is in the paint, and the list goes on. We suck due to our lack of offensive presence, and our defense is good vs shitty teams. Cam Matthews has no business touching the ball outside of the paint….fking horrible player, DJ should only be allowed to only drive to the basket, etc. Tonight was inexcusable!!!

ArrowDawg
12-03-2023, 09:24 PM
That's a bit premature

Not really, not unless they plan to do amazing things in the SEC schedule. They won't get into the NCAA's as a bubble team.

Thick
12-03-2023, 09:27 PM
ABSOLUTELY NO LEADERSHIP on this team….just a bunch of street ballers!!!

msugolf
12-03-2023, 09:35 PM
This loss is strictly the coaches. If this mfers can’t scheme vs a SWAC team then we’re ****ed. The Dentist shit bed, and as far as I’m concerned, he should be told you got one more year to make some changes to your offensive staff. Tonight was a combination of terrible defense, lack of rebounding, & as usual no offensive gameplan. Tolu is not fixing this problem. Cam is worthless offensively, DJ is just a defensive player no offensive skills, Bell has to beg to get the ball, Jones, Jr. is worthless offensively unless he is in the paint, and the list goes on. We suck due to our lack of offensive presence, and our defense is good vs shitty teams. Cam Matthews has no business touching the ball outside of the paint….fking horrible player, DJ should only be allowed to only drive to the basket, etc. Tonight was inexcusable!!!

Amen!! Preach

cheewgumm
12-03-2023, 09:37 PM
When we can't shoot, we dont make oursleves get easier baskets - layups, fastbreak, etc...

I think this is where Hubbard could help...if we are struggling,k get someone an easy shot. Stuff like that.

Bothrops
12-03-2023, 09:38 PM
ABSOLUTELY NO LEADERSHIP on this team….just a bunch of street ballers!!!

That's one of the problems with portal guys. In both basketball and football, but especially basketball. Less team continuity, less familiarity, less allegiance to the program, no leadership expected.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Hubbard is a true freshman. He's really good but we need some upperclassmen to step up in a leadership role. We don't want to rely too much on Hubbard because he's still learning the college game. He needs to learn that his height limits how often he should drive and stick more to his outside shot. And Jans needs to work to get him more open looks.
I don't mean this as a criticism of Hubbard I just don't want expectations to be too high.

Yep. Can't lay this responsibility at the feet of a freshman.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 09:40 PM
Not really, not unless they plan to do amazing things in the SEC schedule. They won't get into the NCAA's as a bubble team.

Hold your water. It's very early.

Coach34
12-03-2023, 10:02 PM
I am not saying everything depends on him.

He has skills that can make us better.

1) great shooter
2) can get in the lane and distribute

Both these make us better.

Just want him to be more aggressive on both as he is the best at them both.

Hubbard is not a great shooter. He's a volume shooter like Vivians was her 1st 3 years.

Cooterpoot
12-04-2023, 08:06 AM
We need Tolu bad. That fixes a lot of problems. Jeffries and Matthews aren't scorers, so Jeffries has to sit. Then, I won't be surprised if a guy or two hits the damn road after catching hell from Jans.

Goldendawg
12-04-2023, 09:34 AM
We need Tolu bad. That fixes a lot of problems. Jeffries and Matthews aren't scorers, so Jeffries has to sit. Then, I won't be surprised if a guy or two hits the damn road after catching hell from Jans.

I fear what we saw last year. Double teams on Tolu down low and who on this "supporting cast" can shoot the opposition out of this choice on "D". We were 7 of 26 yesterday and 14 of 56 the last two losses, but the same "Doctor J's" are allowed to keep jacking them up. May be time to stop raining three's and try to run some set plays to get some shots inside the arc.

Joebob
12-04-2023, 11:09 AM
I fear what we saw last year. Double teams on Tolu down low and who on this "supporting cast" can shoot the opposition out of this choice on "D". We were 7 of 26 yesterday and 14 of 56 the last two losses, but the same "Doctor J's" are allowed to keep jacking them up. May be time to stop raining three's and try to run some set plays to get some shots inside the arc.

Although this year we've got Hubbard to help counter those double teams on Tolu, but he needs to learn to take decent shots and not throw up so many wild ones. He's an excellent shooter when he takes smart shots. Finding that discipline will be key.

parabrave
12-04-2023, 01:55 PM

If we can get Toulu and Bell on the court at the same time then things will be a whole lot better for toulu and the team

basedog
12-04-2023, 03:20 PM
If we can get Toulu and Bell on the court at the same time then things will be a whole lot better for toulu and the team

Chemistry isn't very good right now. There is a reason if you look at all the 3 point shots and who is shooting.

parabrave
12-04-2023, 07:56 PM
Chemistry isn't very good right now. There is a reason if you look at all the 3 point shots and who is shooting.

Well I was insinuating Bell for DJ. Yep but there are other problems going on also. Look at the last 2 games. Skak not getting alot of pt and Bell only averaging 4 FGs while DJ has 9 against GT and 7 combined against Soi. Meanwhile Davis and Hubbard are going shot crazy with no one running the offense. They both are at 30% shooting avg.

Coach34
12-04-2023, 08:11 PM
The white dude is a scorer and needs more playing time. We have got to get another shooter on the floor.

basedog
12-04-2023, 08:58 PM
Well I was insinuating Bell for DJ. Yep but there are other problems going on also. Look at the last 2 games. Skak not getting alot of pt and Bell only averaging 4 FGs while DJ has 9 against GT and 7 combined against Soi. Meanwhile Davis and Hubbard are going shot crazy with no one running the offense. They both are at 30% shooting avg.

Like I said, our chemistry isn’t good right now. Hopefully Jan’s will get this corrected.

R2Dawg
12-05-2023, 01:49 PM
Like I said, our chemistry isn?t good right now. Hopefully Jan?s will get this corrected.

That is what is so weird; our chemistry was good to start the year. Other than jealously and selfishness, what went wrong?

basedog
12-05-2023, 01:51 PM
That is what is so weird; our chemistry was good to start the year. Other than jealously and selfishness, what went wrong?

You nailed it.

parabrave
12-05-2023, 02:43 PM

Maybe some players now taking more PT and shots from others.