PDA

View Full Version : ONE LAST RIDE - SETTLE THE DUST

MBDawg601
12-03-2023, 02:46 PM
Bama vs FSU playoff this weekend. Neutral site. Make it happen. I am tired of the complaining already. Would be a telling way to send off the disaster that is a 4 team playoff.

StarkVegasSteve
12-03-2023, 02:48 PM
Bama would win by 5 TDs.

smootness
12-03-2023, 02:48 PM
I hope like I have never hoped before that FSU beats UGA.

MBDawg601
12-03-2023, 02:49 PM
Bama would win by 5 TDs.

We all know it would happen. The people need to see it. Dismantle FSU. Would only lose a week of prep for Michigan.

MBDawg601
12-03-2023, 02:50 PM

They would be the next UCF. Self-proclaimed national title.

ZedFedder
12-03-2023, 02:56 PM
I hate to penalize a team off of an injury. Bama is better, there is no doubt, but why play the games then? FSU should be in.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 02:58 PM

I hope so too because I love the controversy. But I think it's gonna be ugly.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Bama would win by 5 TDs.

Classy of you to shed some love for Nole fans and go conservative SVS. :)

chef dixon
12-03-2023, 03:01 PM
Well by the logic of folks that think Bama should be in, if FSU beats UGA they have every right to claim it

CaptainObvious
12-03-2023, 06:42 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about KISS final show!

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 06:55 PM
The mysterious move by playoff committee to put UGA back to #1 a few weeks ago was all about giving Bama a path. Hey we are the SEC and they did beat the #1 team so....

They just flushed the regular season and all other conf down the drain. Yeah FSU lost their QB but shouldn't penalize the team for what they did this year.

RocketDawg
12-03-2023, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty much a fan of both Georgia and FSU (family thing). I suppose I'll be pulling for Georgia though.

Goldendawg
12-03-2023, 08:33 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about KISS final show!

FSU and GA, the Ace Frehley and Peter Criss of KISS and left out of the last big show! Hail State!

msstate7
12-03-2023, 08:53 PM

It's gonna require more hope

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-03-2023, 08:59 PM
The mysterious move by playoff committee to put UGA back to #1 a few weeks ago was all about giving Bama a path. Hey we are the SEC and they did beat the #1 team so....

They just flushed the regular season and all other conf down the drain. Yeah FSU lost their QB but shouldn't penalize the team for what they did this year.

100%. Moreover, look at the comitte's stated reason for not putting FSU in: "Travis is injured so now they're not a top 4 team"

But like, that happened WEEKS ago. Why didn't they drop FSU immediately? Why wait till FSU beats a 10 win Louisville team to pull out that they aren't top 4 without Travis? The answer is obvious- the injury excuse is just the best reason they had to justify Bama being in. They've been hoping for weeks FSU would drop a game, but when push comes to shove, they pull out logic they haven't used for weeks

smootness
12-03-2023, 09:03 PM
Bama would win by 5 TDs.

I am sure this is hyperbole but it still confuses me to see assumptions like this.

Teams Bama did not beat by even one TD:
Auburn
Arkansas
A&M

Teams Bama did not beat by more than 2 TDs:
South Florida
Ole Miss
Tennessee
LSU

They have 4 wins by more than 2 TDs:
MTSU
Chattanooga
State
Kentucky

This is not an elite Bama team. FSU, even with their backup QB, absolutely gives them a game. Bama might not score 20 on them.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-03-2023, 09:10 PM
i also hate this narrative that everyone "knows" FSU would get destroyed.

Did you think LSU would get destroyed when they played FSU? You didn't. Would you think a team on it's 3rd string QB would beat a 10 win team in the conference championship? I wouldn't have. Remember back in '18 when everyone "knew" Auburn would destroy undefeated UCF? Remember this year when everyone "knew" Bama would destroy an awful Arky team? Remember when everyone "knew" Bama would give Clemson a good game in the '18/'19 season national championship? Remember when C34 said our offense would be better this year than it was last year?

It's almost like nobody actually "knows" shit, and that's why the games need to be played on the field. Why even have a regular season if we're just going to ignore the on field results because we "know" who is best?

The onl thing we "know" is that FSU is undefeated, Bama is not, and FSU beat the common opponent (LSU) worse then Bama did.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-03-2023, 09:21 PM
I am sure this is hyperbole but it still confuses me to see assumptions like this.

Auburn
Arkansas
A&M

South Florida
Ole Miss
Tennessee
LSU

MTSU
Chattanooga
State
Kentucky

This is not an elite Bama team. FSU, even with their backup QB, absolutely gives them a game. Bama might not score 20 on them.

Thank you! Bama lost by multiple scores at home to Texas. Bama needed a miracle to beat a 6-5 Auburn team. Bama almost lost to Arky. Bama beat LSU by less than FSU did, and Bama had homefield advantage + Daniels out for the 4th Q. Bama has the best win, that's it. But by every other metric FSU is a better team

But oh, I forgot, we "know" what would happen if they played. These people are so confident they're right, I'm sure they're all multi millionaires from their sports gambling winnings...

Really though, if you're so confident you "know" who the 4th best team in the country is, then can we not also determine who we "know" is the #1 team? And at that point, just cancel the playoffs and hand over the trophy. It is a logical paradox to say "I'm fine with leaving FSU out because I know they aren't as good as Bama" and also say "we need the 4 team playoff because we don't know who's #1"

confucius say
12-03-2023, 09:36 PM
There is zero guarantee Bama would beat FSU if FSU second guy is back at qb, which he would be.

Bama barely beat 4-8 Ark, took a Hail Mary to beat 6-6 Auburn, barely beat 7-5 Aggie, and beat 6-6 south Florida 17-3.

msstate7
12-03-2023, 09:59 PM

Auburn
Arkansas
A&M

South Florida
Ole Miss
Tennessee
LSU

MTSU
Chattanooga
State
Kentucky

"More than 2 tds" sure, but they did beat everyone in that group by 2 tds, and fsu would be another without Travis

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-03-2023, 10:15 PM
"More than 2 tds" sure, but they did beat everyone in that group by 2 tds, and fsu would be another without Travis

FSU without Travis >>> Arky, Auburn, or South Florida. Hell, they're better than Louisville. Therefore, you cannot say with confidence Bama would beat them by 2+ TDs. You're just speaking out your ass about about your hunches as if they're fact

msstate7
12-03-2023, 10:23 PM
FSU without Travis >>> Arky, Auburn, or South Florida. Hell, they're better than Louisville. Therefore, you cannot say with confidence Bama would beat them by 2+ TDs. You're just speaking out your ass about about your hunches as if they're fact

You realize Louisville isn't very good, right! They lost to Kentucky last week at home, and Kentucky got beat at home by 4 tds by Bama.

This whole thread is moot anyway. Ohio state and Georgia are the best teams to get left out, not fsu.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-04-2023, 06:52 AM
You realize Louisville isn't very good, right!

They're a lot better than Arky or Auburn

This whole thread is moot anyway. Ohio state and Georgia are the best teams to get left out, not fsu.

Oh you "know" that right? Please show me your millions of dollars in sports gambling winnings since you can so accurately and confidently determine who's the better team.

msstate7
12-04-2023, 08:37 AM
They're a lot better than Arky or Auburn

Oh you "know" that right? Please show me your millions of dollars in sports gambling winnings since you can so accurately and confidently determine who's the better team.

FPI...
#2 Ohio st
#6 Georgia
#11 fsu

FEI...
#3 Ohio st
#4 Georgia
#12 fsu

Massey...
#3 Ohio st
#6 Georgia
#7 fsu

The reason fsu is undefeated and Georgia and Ohio state aren't is bc Georgia and Ohio state had to play other playoff teams.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-04-2023, 09:52 AM
FPI...
#2 Ohio st
#6 Georgia
#11 fsu

FEI...
#3 Ohio st
#4 Georgia
#12 fsu

Massey...
#3 Ohio st
#6 Georgia
#7 fsu

The reason fsu is undefeated and Georgia and Ohio state aren't is bc Georgia and Ohio state had to play other playoff teams.

Ahh so you're not saying YOU are always right, you're saying the computer models are?

May as well cancel the games and give the NC to whoever the computers say is #1.

Almost like there's a reason games are played on the field

msstate7
12-04-2023, 10:00 AM
Ahh so you're not saying YOU are always right, you're saying the computer models are?

May as well cancel the games and give the NC to whoever the computers say is #1.

Almost like there's a reason games are played on the field
But you have to be subjective to set up the games. I get it that you guys are butt hurt bama made it, but the available date supports Bama being in

msstate7
12-04-2023, 10:11 AM
Vegas lines aren't the final say in anything, but I do find this telling...

Michigan (-1.5) vs bama
Texas (-4) vs Washington
Georgia (-13.5) vs fSU

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-04-2023, 10:22 AM
Vegas lines aren't the final say in anything, but I do find this telling...

Michigan (-1.5) vs bama
Texas (-4) vs Washington
Georgia (-13.5) vs fSU

Vegas also had Oregon -8.5 vs Washington. Again, almost like nobody actually "knows" anything and the games themselves should be what matters and not what we expect to happen in the future

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-04-2023, 10:24 AM
But you have to be subjective to set up the games. I get it that you guys are butt hurt bama made it, but the available date supports Bama being in

No, the data doesn't show that at all.

Bama has the best win. That's the extent of what they have over FSU. FSU has a better record, played better vs the common opponent, and played better vs the Auburn/Arky level teams on their schedule.

You can say "I THINK Bama is currently the better team", you can say "some computer models (that are frequently wrong) say Bama is the better team", but you cannot say Bama has a better resume or that you for sure KNOW Bama is better.

Why play the games if we're just going to ignore the resumes and do what we want?

msstate7
12-04-2023, 10:47 AM
No, the data doesn't show that at all.

Bama has the best win. That's the extent of what they have over FSU. FSU has a better record, played better vs the common opponent, and played better vs the Auburn/Arky level teams on their schedule.

You can say "I THINK Bama is currently the better team", you can say "some computer models (that are frequently wrong) say Bama is the better team", but you cannot say Bama has a better resume or that you for sure KNOW Bama is better.

Why play the games if we're just going to ignore the resumes and do what we want?

If Travis weren't injured, I might would agree with you. He is though, and they've been horrible without him.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-04-2023, 11:06 AM
If Travis weren't injured, I might would agree with you. He is though, and they've been horrible without him.

Bama needed a 4th and 31 conversion to beat Auburn 2 weeks ago

TUSK
12-04-2023, 11:16 AM

Did you see the air "come outta the room" at the Michigan CFP Watch party when they announced their draw? Same thing happened in '15 to Michigan State.

Dey knew....

msstate7
12-04-2023, 11:16 AM
Bama needed a 4th and 31 conversion to beat Auburn 2 weeks ago

And they beat Georgia in regular time this week

msstate7
12-04-2023, 11:17 AM
Did you see the air "come outta the room" at the Michigan CFP Watch party when they announced their draw? Same thing happened in '15 to Michigan State.

Dey knew....

Anyone that can drop personal bias for 3 seconds knows bama is better than Travis less fsu

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-04-2023, 11:53 AM
And they beat Georgia in regular time this week

Ahh so the "eye test" not only trumps the actual season long resume, but the "eye test" can only go back 1 week too

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-04-2023, 11:54 AM
Anyone that can drop personal bias for 3 seconds knows bama is better than Travis less fsu

Again with this "I know" crap. Please, show me your sport betting winnings since you are so confident you are never wrong

msstate7
12-04-2023, 11:57 AM
Again with this "I know" crap. Please, show me your sport betting winnings since you are so confident you are never wrong

I actually do well betting, but that doesn't prove anything. I don't bet games on the ML; I bet ATS, which is the great equalizer

MBDawg601
12-04-2023, 12:47 PM
Ahh so the "eye test" not only trumps the actual season long resume, but the "eye test" can only go back 1 week too

Season long resume? Their SOS was 55th. What kind of resume is that? Liberty went undefeated - let's put them in!

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-04-2023, 01:01 PM
Season long resume? Their SOS was 55th. What kind of resume is that? Liberty went undefeated - let's put them in!

Vs bad teams: FSU never came as close to losing to an awful team as Bama did vs Arky and Auburn.

Vs common opponent: FSU beat the brakes of LSU on a neutral field. Bama beat LSU by much less at BDS and Daniels missed the 4th Q.

Vs truly elite teams: Bama 1-1, FSU 0-0.

The only argument Bama has is 1) beat win (uga) and 2) more wins vs solid, non elite teams (TN and OM vs FSU's Louisville)

Liberty doesn't play in a P5 conference. And yes, the playoffs should be expanded so that every undefeated team gets a shot to play for the Natty. Anything less isn't a "playoff", it's an "invitational"

TALL DAWG
12-04-2023, 01:02 PM
FSU is not beating UGA UNLESS a lot of UGA players are pussies and skip the bowl game.

MBDawg601
12-04-2023, 01:39 PM
Vs bad teams: FSU never came as close to losing to an awful team as Bama did vs Arky and Auburn.

Vs common opponent: FSU beat the brakes of LSU on a neutral field. Bama beat LSU by much less at BDS and Daniels missed the 4th Q.

Vs truly elite teams: Bama 1-1, FSU 0-0.

The only argument Bama has is 1) beat win (uga) and 2) more wins vs solid, non elite teams (TN and OM vs FSU's Louisville)

Liberty doesn't play in a P5 conference. And yes, the playoffs should be expanded so that every undefeated team gets a shot to play for the Natty. Anything less isn't a "playoff", it's an "invitational"

2 pt win vs BC. WITH their star qb. Very strong. Much impress.

Regardless, FSU is out and rightfully so. They got it right on this one. You cannot leave out an SEC champ to put in an undefeated, QBless, 55th SOS Florida state team.

I am glad you think the Iron bowl in Jordan Hare is a normal game. That game - records mean nothing. To come out with a win is more than enough.

TUSK
12-04-2023, 02:07 PM
2 pt win vs BC. WITH their star qb. Very strong. Much impress.

Regardless, FSU is out and rightfully so. They got it right on this one. You cannot leave out an SEC champ to put in an undefeated, QBless, 55th SOS Florida state team.

I am glad you think the Iron bowl in Jordan Hare is a normal game. That game - records mean nothing. To come out with a win is more than enough.

Yeah, of all the valid arguments for FSU vs Bammer, a comparison of schedules ain't the hill to die on...

FSU's regular season opponents went 67-76... The win over 10-3 L'ville almost gottem to .500...