PDA

View Full Version : In a funny turn yesterday

Coach34
12-03-2023, 12:35 PM
Mississippi is now likely out of the NY6 bowls this year as the SEC gets tougher next season and beyond.

BeardoMSU
12-03-2023, 12:42 PM
Mississippi is now likely out of the NY6 bowls this year as the SEC gets tougher next season and beyond.

They're going to smoke Iowa in the Citrus, getting to 11 wins for the first time ever as a program. They'll quickly forget about missing out on the NY6.

AROB44
12-03-2023, 01:01 PM
They're going to smoke Iowa in the Citrus, getting to 11 wins for the first time ever as a program. They'll quickly forget about missing out on the NY6.

Not so sure about that.....

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 01:04 PM

I'm irrationally hopeful Iowa finds a way to embarrass them.

BeardoMSU
12-03-2023, 01:06 PM
I'm irrationally hopeful Iowa finds a way to embarrass them.

Me too, lol.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 01:29 PM

That Iowa defense is a lot better than that State defense that shut them down. Who knows.

Todd4State
12-03-2023, 01:31 PM
Battle of two of the luckiest 10 win teams of all time.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 01:36 PM

Gospel truth

BeardoMSU
12-03-2023, 01:41 PM

Word

woof
12-03-2023, 01:43 PM

haha! absolute truth! Also, that Iowa D might start slow but they are good at adjusting as the game progresses.

woof
12-03-2023, 01:44 PM

couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch, lol.

RockyDog
12-03-2023, 03:00 PM
Welp scUM is in the NY6. Thanks shitty MSU offense!!

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Welp scUM is in the NY6. Thanks shitty MSU offense!!

Well ain't that some sorry $hite. At least I have a nephew and his wife who graduated from Penn State, so I have a reason to root for the Nitany Lions. You know, even beyond they're playing the scumbags.

RockyDog
12-03-2023, 03:11 PM
scUM is leaving us behind and we are set for a terrible 2024.

MagicDawg
12-03-2023, 03:25 PM
scUM is leaving us behind and we are set for a terrible 2024.

Terrible situation last December. Terrible consequences from the decisions that came out of it.

msudawg1200
12-03-2023, 03:28 PM

Why would you have thought that? The only possible way they could've gotten in was for FSU to win and get left out of the CFP. And those lucky bastards had it happen.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2023, 03:49 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but The Peach Bowl is considered NY6 even though it's played Dec 30th?

coachnorm
12-03-2023, 03:50 PM

The SEC added 2 additional teams but still stayed at 8 SEC games per schedule. Did anything get more difficult without mandating more SEC games in the future?

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 03:55 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but The Peach Bowl is considered NY6 even though it's played Dec 30th?

That is an oddity but yes it's considered one of the NY6.

lastmajordog
12-03-2023, 03:57 PM
I know nothing about Penn St.......will Lane run rough shod or do the lions have the goods to win? How do they match up?? All I can say is any Elite DOG commentators that want to downgrade Lane, think again. He has done wonders at om dammit.....I wish it wasn’t so but, he got kicked by Bama and Georgia, but he beat the teams he should even if only by a td.......and he is in Atlanta. I hope the new DOG coach will do that.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2023, 04:11 PM
I know nothing about Penn St.......will Lane run rough shod or do the lions have the goods to win? How do they match up??

Considering how our defense shut them down, practically, I'd give Penn State a pretty good chance.

Quaoarsking
12-03-2023, 04:18 PM

Yes, the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton, Peach, and Orange are the NY6 regardless of what day they're played.

They're usually played on the 31st and 1st, but with 12/31 being a Sunday this year, they don't want to compete with the NFL.

Coach34
12-03-2023, 04:59 PM
The SEC added 2 additional teams but still stayed at 8 SEC games per schedule. Did anything get more difficult without mandating more SEC games in the future?

Well, I think adding 2 more upper echelon teams into the mix makes it even tougher for the check collectors like us and Mississippi

The Lord Humongous
12-03-2023, 06:29 PM
Well ain't that some sorry $hite. At least I have a nephew and his wife who graduated from Penn State, so I have a reason to root for the Nitany Lions. You know, even beyond they're playing the scumbags.

It would take family to be a reason to root for the rapey, pedophile apologists w/ rape reporting delayer coach and even with family I think I'm out. This is like the bet I just choose to stay away from completely.

FoggyBottom
12-03-2023, 06:50 PM
Interesting SEC v Big Ten matchup as is Missouri v Ohio State.

This will be Kiffins second NY6 game in the last three seasons at Ole Miss and Penn States fifth in the last eight seasons. Offense v defense matchup.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 06:50 PM
It would take family to be a reason to root for the rapey, pedophile apologists w/ rape reporting delayer coach and even with family I think I'm out. This is like the bet I just choose to stay away from completely.

Geez dude. All those folks are long gone. I know that and I'm not even a Penn State fan.

lastmajordog
12-03-2023, 10:33 PM
Considering how our defense shut them down, practically, I'd give Penn State a pretty good chance.

I thought their running back ran at will second half, maybe i’m mistaken. Sitting here watching National tv commentator’s foam over Chris Jones.....Lord what happened to the fletcher cox, Simmons, Gay, etc DOG kind of defense......

Jack Lambert
12-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Ole Miss only scored 17 against us. Iowa has a much better defense. Iowa will not have to score many points and Ole Miss doesn't have Michigan defense.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2023, 10:56 PM
Ole Miss only scored 17 against us. Iowa has a much better defense. Their LB's are as good as Bookie but more speed. Iowa will not have to score many points and Ole Miss doesn't have Michigan defense.

lastmajordog
12-03-2023, 11:14 PM
Ole Miss only scored 17 against us. Iowa has a much better defense. Their LB's are as good as Bookie but more speed. Iowa will not have to score many points and Ole Miss doesn't have Michigan defense.

Jack I thought om was playing Penn St.....don’t know where I got that wrong.

Quaoarsking
12-03-2023, 11:24 PM
Ole Miss is playing Penn State in the Peach Bowl

Todd4State
12-03-2023, 11:35 PM

Specifically pertaining to Ole Miss they don't get to play Vanderbilt every year. We have four easy wins unless we mess up our P5 game. They had five.

I know nothing about Penn St.......will Lane run rough shod or do the lions have the goods to win? How do they match up?? All I can say is any Elite DOG commentators that want to downgrade Lane, think again. He has done wonders at om dammit.....I wish it wasn?t so but, he got kicked by Bama and Georgia, but he beat the teams he should even if only by a td.......and he is in Atlanta. I hope the new DOG coach will do that.

Penn State looks really good to me. They only lost to Michigan and Ohio State and they were respectable in those games. They beat Iowa 31-0. Not very many close wins- it seems like they either beat the heck out of you or they lose a fairly competitive game to a team that is more talented than them. Looks like they still run the RPO offense that Moorhead ran there- but they're good at it and it works for them. Manny Diaz is their DC and he's pretty good.

If they can handle Ole Miss early I think they will be fine.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-04-2023, 07:54 AM
Ole Miss only scored 17 against us. Iowa has a much better defense. Iowa will not have to score many points and Ole Miss doesn't have Michigan defense.

Ole Miss isn’t playing Iowa, so I’m not sure why this matters.

Cooterpoot
12-04-2023, 08:01 AM
Bowl games don't matter after this year.

msudawg1200
12-04-2023, 08:22 AM
Bowl games don't matter after this year.

They haven't mattered since the BCS. Glorified exhibitions. In fact, that's what they've always been unless they had championship ramifications involved. There used to be some pride involved in winning a bowl game, but most don't care now.

PGHBulldogBG
12-04-2023, 09:55 AM
Penn State has a really good defense, but their offense is pretty bad against better defenses. I expect this to be a low scoring game similar to Egg Bowl but a little closer. 16-14 type game would be my expectations

Dawgology
12-04-2023, 10:51 AM

Years ago and all those people are gone from the program and have been for years and years. What an odd thing to choose to rant and be offended about. I’d warn you to not look too closely at any major college athletic program. The amount of misdeeds swept under the rug to field a team can be shocking.