PDA

View Full Version : No Shannon, No Collins, need to Aim Higher for DC & spend money

woof
12-03-2023, 11:46 AM
I'm hoping to God we don't hire Randy Shannon or Geoff Collins as our next DC. IMHO, we don't need anymore re-treads or washed up coaches who did well 10 years ago & who've been demoted or are doing podcasts or have been out of the game for many years just collecting pay checks.

We need a younger, firebrand coach who is hungry and looking to advance his career. Possibly the Tulane DC or another similar coach who has fire, intensity, passion and energy to gameplan against hurry-up-fast-tempo offenses of Heupel, Baylor influence, Kiffen, etc. Shannon & Collins don't have the energy to compete anymore like the once did. To me those 2 would be similar to hiring Gene Chizeck.

Shannon & Collins were in their prime many years ago before the modern offenses, NIL & transfer portal kicked in. The game has passed both of them by.

I just know if the Forest Gumpers (negative, no dreams, cheap, woe-is-me, poor ole mittittippi tate attitude, we don't have no money, stubborn, not willing to donate $ to this program bunch) on here want it, I hope Lebby goes in the damn opposite direction of this bunch, lol.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2023, 11:50 AM
Are we actually considering Randy F'n Shannon? Say it ain't so, and that you are just throwing that name out there.

We could do better than Collins too...but I would rather have Collins any day over Shannon at this point in their careers

woof
12-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Are we actually considering Randy F'n Shannon? Say it ain't so, and that you are just throwing that name out there.

We could do better than Collins too...but I would rather have Collins any day over Shannon at this point in their careers

I don't know if they are 2 legitimate choices or not. I hope to God NOT! Just have seen their names floated out there from many Forest Gumper fans but I suspect those fans are wrong & out of touch.

These are the same type MSU fans who wanted Mullen back or wanted Malzhan or Fritz or Elko. I'm so glad Selmon didn't listen to the old mentality bunch and but went for a fresh, new approach in Lebby. I'm know Lebby has more sense than hiring Shannon or Collins as his DC.

Hoping we can get Durkin or Tulane DC or choice 3 would be Troy DC or a sim. type coach who knows how to defend the modern era offenses.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2023, 12:06 PM
I don't know if they are 2 legitimate choices or not. I hope to God NOT! Just have seen their names floated out there from many Forest Gumper fans but I suspect those fans are wrong & out of touch.

These are the same type MSU fans who wanted Mullen back or wanted Malzhan or Fritz or Elko. I'm so glad Selmon didn't listen to the old mentality bunch and but went for a fresh, new approach in Lebby. I'm know Lebby has more sense than hiring Shannon or Collins as his DC.

Hoping we can get Durkin or Tulane DC or choice 3 would be Troy DC or a sim. type coach who knows how to defend the modern era offenses.

Tulane DC would be a good hire it seems. I could get on board with Geoff Collins again, but I still would rather go a different route.

But one thing is for sure, we should all hope to find someone that loves us the way MSU fans love a former coach that left us or a guy that had success 20 years ago. It's amazing.

woof
12-03-2023, 12:15 PM
Tulane DC would be a good hire it seems. I could get on board with Geoff Collins again, but I still would rather go a different route.

But one thing is for sure, we should all hope to find someone that loves us the way MSU fans love a former coach that left us or a guy that had success 20 years ago. It's amazing.

Haha, yea it truly is amazing to realize the obsession some posters on here (who I call the out of touch Forrest Gumpers) have with former coaches who did well here and left us for other jobs.

Being out of touch is anyone who has an idealized version of the past and still believes that recreating it regardless of time period & context, is the only way to be successful and afraid to try something new, innovative.

Homedawg
12-03-2023, 12:33 PM
I'm hoping to God we don't hire Randy Shannon or Geoff Collins as our next DC. IMHO, we don't need anymore re-treads or washed up coaches who did well 10 years ago & who've been demoted or are doing podcasts or have been out of the game for many years just collecting pay checks.

We need a younger, firebrand coach who is hungry and looking to advance his career. Possibly the Tulane DC or another similar coach who has fire, intensity, passion and energy to gameplan against hurry-up-fast-tempo offenses of Heupel, Baylor influence, Kiffen, etc. Shannon & Collins don't have the energy to compete anymore like the once did. To me those 2 would be similar to hiring Gene Chizeck.

Shannon & Collins were in their prime many years ago before the modern offenses, NIL & transfer portal kicked in. The game has passed both of them by.

I just know if the Forest Gumpers (negative, no dreams, cheap, woe-is-me, poor ole mittittippi tate attitude, we don't have no money, stubborn, not willing to donate $ to this program bunch) on here want it, I hope Lebby goes in the damn opposite direction of this bunch, lol.

Can someone give the guy a mute button. Can you just pot an opinion wo slapping people in the face? How much money do you give? Have you sold your house and car to support the program more??

DLGDawg
12-03-2023, 12:45 PM

Fritz to Houston. Might be a good time for Tulane DC to make a move.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 01:01 PM
DC? DC? Bueller? Bueller?

Ranchdawg
12-03-2023, 01:21 PM
Ok woof I didn?t reply to your first slap at people you perceive as blue hairs Forrest gumpers or people you perceive that don?t contribute to this travesty of NIL and portal. We are well of aware of how the game is being played today.

I am now I guess what you consider a blue hair. Yes my hair has turned grey. Yes I don?t stand up every play of the game. Yes I don?t contribute to the NIL I and others think NIL and portal are absolutely the wrong direction for college atheletics. That it will ultimately destroy the sports that we love and have loved for many many many years.

Without googling it please tell me who Molly Halbert is was

I?ve been contributing to this university and bulldog club way longer than you have probably been alive. And you don?t know s@#$ of how much us blue hairs have contributed and sacrificed for OUR university. I hope when you get old and your hair turns grey you have somebody tell you stand up and cheer even though you have knee replacement. And be told you are the problem not winning. And all your years of sacrifice was for nothing and you should just go away.

Catfish
12-03-2023, 01:23 PM
Ok woof I didn?t reply to your first slap at people you perceive as blue hairs Forrest gumpers or people you perceive that don?t contribute to this travesty of NIL and portal. We are well of aware of how the game is being played today.

I am now I guess what you consider a blue hair. Yes my hair has turned grey. Yes I don?t stand up every play of the game. Yes I don?t contribute to the NIL I and others think NIL and portal are absolutely the wrong direction for college atheletics. That it will ultimately destroy the sports that we love and have loved for many many many years.

I?ve been contributing to this university and bulldog club way longer than you have probably been alive. And you don?t know s@#$ of how much us blue hairs have contributed and sacrificed for OUR university. I hope when you get old and your hair turns grey you have somebody tell you stand up and cheer even though you have knee replacement. And be told you are the problem not winning. And all your years of sacrifice was for nothing and you should just go away.

Kudos and well said.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 01:29 PM
The hoary head is a crown of glory .......

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 01:32 PM

Amen.

Mjoelner34
12-03-2023, 01:44 PM

https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/5da/56c/3bf66ee5214cbd361855f0c79c1d7d8611-leo-toast-9.2x.h473.w710.gif
https://content.spiceworksstatic.com/service.community/p/post_images/0000261585/5978ebd0/attached_image/Orson_Welles_Clapping.gif

Matt3467
12-03-2023, 01:56 PM
I think this guy has ruined Forrest Gump for me.

woof
12-03-2023, 01:56 PM
Can someone give the guy a mute button. Can you just pot an opinion wo slapping people in the face? How much money do you give? Have you sold your house and car to support the program more??

Respectfully, my intent was to not slap anyone in the face. I do contribute a little $ to BI & NIL but not really as much as I want to (of course not my house or car lol) or not as much as compared to others.

I do give a little $ to The Bulldog Club & buy season tickets but those 4 things are all I can afford to do. Wish I could give more though.

I only want MSU to be Elite, I only want MSU to win in this next generation and Lebby era. Sick & tired of MSU losing & the attitudes of the past & stubborn ppl who can't see what ppl in my generation can.

woof
12-03-2023, 02:02 PM

Respectfully, yes Sir points taken & understood. Can see & understand your insights.

I just want MSU to win & shoot for being Elite. Just like Selman & Lebby want us too.

Also, no, I don't know who Molly Halbert is/was without googling...but wouldn't mind knowing about her.

NCDawg
12-03-2023, 02:15 PM

He probably doesn't know who Jimmy Lee Dodd was either.

Goldendawg
12-03-2023, 02:16 PM

Well said and rep given.

Todd4State
12-03-2023, 02:21 PM
Respectfully, my intent was to not slap anyone in the face. I do contribute a little $ to BI & NIL but not really as much as I want to (of course not my house or car lol) or not as much as compared to others.

I do give a little $ to The Bulldog Club & buy season tickets but those 4 things are all I can afford to do. Wish I could give more though.

I only want MSU to be Elite, I only want MSU to win in this next generation and Lebby era. Sick & tired of MSU losing & the attitudes of the past & stubborn ppl who can't see what ppl in my generation can.

Then just tell people to support the program and donate to the Bulldog Initiative. There is no need to create division amongst others that support. And you'll be more successful at achieving your intended goal.

Goldendawg
12-03-2023, 02:24 PM
Respectfully, yes Sir points taken & understood. Can see & understand your insights.

I just want MSU to win & shoot for being Elite. Just like Selman & Lebby want us too.

Also, no, I don't know who Molly Halbert is/was without googling...but wouldn't mind knowing about her.

Your points might be better taken if you would stop with the name calling of hardcore State supporters who have given until it hurt through good and bad. My family, Bulldog Club since day 1, 55 years plus 8 to 10 season tickets in football per year, special projects/donations, and yes, I finally joined the BI with quarterly donations last week, even though this NIL train wreck along with the portal is a mess. Don't know your age, but if you are blessed to live long enough you will be a blue hair, a gray hair, or even a no hair except on the sides like.me. I still stand and ring my homemade cowbell my late Dad gave to me decades ago and I sneaked it in every game even when they were banned. Hail State!

PMDawg
12-03-2023, 02:25 PM
Elite.

Yes, we get your shtick, you ignorant troll.

Please go find another board to bother.

PMDawg
12-03-2023, 02:27 PM
Elite

^

SmokeyDawg
12-03-2023, 02:41 PM
These woof threads are cringeworthy

Goldendawg
12-03-2023, 02:46 PM

Molly Halbert is a man who lettered in football & baseball 3 years at State 56-58, signed pro baseball with Yankees/catcher Reds, field secretary for alumni association 67, 69-75 asst fb coach & recruiting coordinator, and founded Bulldog Club and was Executive Director for 15 years Great man, loved State. He passed away in 2000. Hope you in your wisdom know more about our present before being a know it all about the hard work and sacrifice of those gave so much to to build MSU in years past. My late SuperDawg Dad carried me to my first FB game in Memphis in 1963 and I have missed very few home games since then. I have never in my life met a State fan, Coach, or supporter at any level that didn't want to win in all sports and also gave all the time and $ possible to get us there even in many bad seasons. Hail State!

Catfish
12-03-2023, 02:51 PM
Molly Halbert is a man who lettered in football & baseball 3 years at State 56-58, signed pro baseball with Yankees/catcher Reds, field secretary for alumni association 67, 69-75 asst fb coach & recruiting coordinator, and founded Bulldog Club and was Executive Director for 15 years Great man, loved State. Hope you in your wisdom know more about our present before being a know it all about the hard work and sacrifice of those gave so much to to build MSU in years past. My late SuperDawg Dad carried me to my first FB game in Memphis in 1963 and I have missed very few home games since then. I have never in my life met a State fan, Coach, or supporter at any level that didn't want to win in all sports and also gave all the time and $ possible to get us there even in many bad seasons. Hail State!

Well.said, Goldendawg. Hail State to you!!!!

Todd4State
12-03-2023, 03:03 PM
We've won enough in all sports and have done so consistently enough that I think the poor ol's attitude is changing for the better to the point where I don't think it's an issue.

magrooder
12-03-2023, 03:10 PM

You put that a lot nicer than I was going to.

Cowbell
12-03-2023, 03:54 PM
You are making me appreciate KB more with each post you make...

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 04:05 PM

Man. That's harsh

Dogbone
12-03-2023, 04:06 PM

I would take KB’s posts all day over yours.

defiantdog
12-03-2023, 05:24 PM

The Forest Gumpers' you mock are the one's that donate the most. There's more to the university than just a football program. I want the team to be great and donate to the NIL. But I want the university to be great first.

dawggoneit
12-03-2023, 05:40 PM
Every time woof posts something I get a picture in my head. A punk kid sitting in his room at mom and pops house. Probably eating a hot pocket his mom warmed up for him because he's had a hard day working at Walmart pushing carts. But he's got SWAG!