PDA

View Full Version : I noticed while watching the conference champonish games.

Offshore Dawg
12-03-2023, 08:56 AM
Seemed that after most good highlight plays the announcers would follow with transferred from. Bunch of mercenaries following the money and you can't blame them.

chef dixon
12-03-2023, 09:10 AM
I think I saw somewhere that by next year half of the starters in D1 will be transfers

Maroonthirteen
12-03-2023, 09:15 AM
College football is a shell of what it once was. I'm sure I'll get flamed for that. But it was always nice for me to look at the roster see these names and learn about them over the years. Same for the nfl and mlb. In the 80s It was nice to know all the Cowboys and Braves. Then in the 90s I lost Interest with all the team hopping.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the new world. sigh

viverlibre
12-03-2023, 09:21 AM
College football is a shell of what it once was. I'm sure I'll get flamed for that. But it was always nice for me to look at the roster see these names and learn about them over the years. Same for the nfl and mlb. In the 80s It was nice to know all the Cowboys and Braves. Then in the 90s I lost Interest with all the team hopping.

Respectfully disagree, this has been the best season of CFB ever, great games and story lines almost every week. A lot of meaningful games and next year will be even better. Personally I want good games, I don't care much about the rest of it.

Maroonthirteen
12-03-2023, 09:26 AM
Respectfully disagree, this has been the best season of CFB ever, great games and story lines almost every week. A lot of meaningful games and next year will be even better. Personally I want good games, I don't care much about the rest of it.

I agree. There have been some great games.

However my perspective is that of a fan of a team that will get poached every year.

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 09:47 AM
Seemed that after most good highlight plays the announcers would follow with transferred from. Bunch of mercenaries following the money and you can't blame them.

Noticed the same thing. It is like the "transfer from" label is a badge of honor now or like picking up the 4th and 5th star.

I could give a rats tail where someone transferred from.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 10:05 AM

I agree 100%.

Dawgology
12-03-2023, 10:17 AM

Respectfully disagree. There have been some great games but what set college football apart from the NFL is basically gone. It’s NFL-lite right now and the NFL is just better at it. Sure, some of the games are better but the school colors don’t really mean much anymore. I’m just sentimental about though I guess.

Extendedcab
12-03-2023, 10:56 AM
Respectfully disagree. There have been some great games but what set college football apart from the NFL is basically gone. It’s NFL-lite right now and the NFL is just better at it. Sure, some of the games are better but the school colors don’t really mean much anymore. I’m just sentimental about though I guess.

I'm right there with you Dawg!