PDA

View Full Version : My 4...

HoopsDawg
12-03-2023, 12:10 AM
1. Michigan
2. UGA
3. Texas
4. Bama

Washington sucks. So does FSU without Travis. Ohio State 5.

Homedawg
12-03-2023, 12:17 AM
1. Michigan
2. UGA
3. Texas
4. Bama

Not sure how you take uga over bama. But either way, Washington deserves to be in no question. Either way sec gonna be lucky to get one- bama. And that over fsu. Texas is ahead of bama and I think the committee takes fsu over bama too. Although I disagree w that

MrCoachKlein
12-03-2023, 12:19 AM
Probably about right. Should've done 12 a year earlier. Better teams will be left out

Homedawg
12-03-2023, 12:19 AM
Michigan isn't great either.

smootness
12-03-2023, 12:22 AM
Ridiculous.

Results on the field have to matter. The playoff has caused us to completely lose the plot.

Bama sure looked like they suck last week. Same with UGA. SEC will be left out, as they should be. Texas should absolutely be in over Bama, and an undefeated P5 team should always make it. Period.

TUSK
12-03-2023, 12:23 AM
1 bammer
2 uga
3 sacrificial lamb 1
4 sacrificial lamb 2

HoopsDawg
12-03-2023, 12:24 AM
Michigan isn't great either.

I thought about putting UGA 1. That was a fluke loss tonight. Worst game UGA could possibly play and still only lost by 3.

HoopsDawg
12-03-2023, 12:27 AM
1 bammer
2 uga
3 sacrificial lamb 1
4 sacrificial lamb 2

Worst Bama team in 15 years and Saban still going to win it all now that UGA is eliminated

TUSK
12-03-2023, 12:36 AM
Worst Bama team in 15 years and Saban still going to win it all now that UGA is eliminated

This is correct. That being said, Bammer might have won the thing last year... they were certainly better than TCU.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-03-2023, 12:37 AM
I think Bama is going to get left out.

smootness
12-03-2023, 12:39 AM
Correct, as well they should.

Leroy Jenkins
12-03-2023, 01:57 AM
It's hard because the four best teams and the four most deserving teams are not all the same.

Schultzy
12-03-2023, 02:13 AM
Michigan
Washington
Florida State
Texas

Screw the SEC this year but it would have been a good year for the 12 team playoff although OM would have made it and Alabama would have won it.

parabrave
12-03-2023, 02:32 AM
They will not leave out an SEC team/ The top 4 are Mich Bama Texas and UGA and the committee is supposed to pick the 4 best teams not the 4 conf champs. But it will be Washington instead of UGA and Bama skulls everyone,

parabrave
12-03-2023, 02:34 AM
1 bammer
2 uga
3 sacrificial lamb 1
4 sacrificial lamb 2

This is about the gist of it.

TUSK
12-03-2023, 02:47 AM
This is about the gist of it.

The Army, huh?

:rolleyes:

parabrave
12-03-2023, 02:50 AM
The Army, huh?

:rolleyes:

Umm no AIRBORNE

TUSK
12-03-2023, 03:03 AM
Umm no AIRBORNE

That my friend, is how it is done..... +1

side bar:

so, I hear this from time to time:

Chick: "oh, you were in the military?"
TUSK: "No, I'm a Marine, thanks for the double kamikaze on the rocks."

love ya, brother!!!

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 03:10 AM
It's hard because the four best teams and the four most deserving teams are not all the same.

This is correct.

War Machine Dawg
12-03-2023, 03:33 AM
It's gotta be Washington, Michigan, Texas and Bama. FSU outside looking in due to being on their third string QB. Harsh on them, but I don't know how you put them in the playoff after squeaking by Louisville. Washington is good. Running off DJ was stupid. Anyone saying UGA over Washington, Michigan or Texas is just being an SEC homer.

War Machine Dawg
12-03-2023, 03:38 AM
I thought about putting UGA 1. That was a fluke loss tonight. Worst game UGA could possibly play and still only lost by 3.

Fluke? 😂😂😂😂 We weren't watching the same game. Bama whipped UGA in the trenches all afternoon. Saban tried to sabotage himself early by not sticking with Milroe. But once he realized he'd screwed up, it was vintage Saban. He got that to team to improve over the course of the season and they're probably the best team in CFB right now.

parabrave
12-03-2023, 03:52 AM
That my friend, is how it is done..... +1

side bar:

so, I hear this from time to time:

Chick: "oh, you were in the military?"
TUSK: "No, I'm a Marine, thanks for the double kamikaze on the rocks."

love ya, brother!!!

A seal goes up to a Ranger and boast I'm a badass MFer who are you, The Ranger replies I'm, the guy who is going to save your bad MFering ass when you get in over your head, which usually happens. The Army Aviator goes I'm the guy who is going to fly through hell to pick both of your sorry asses up when you can't get out of the trouble you both got your butts in.

smootness
12-03-2023, 05:37 AM
It's gotta be Washington, Michigan, Texas and Bama. FSU outside looking in due to being on their third string QB. Harsh on them, but I don't know how you put them in the playoff after squeaking by Louisville. Washington is good. Running off DJ was stupid. Anyone saying UGA over Washington, Michigan or Texas is just being an SEC homer.

I just feel like we have lost the plot on all this. There is no way you can leave out an undefeated FSU simply because their QB got hurt. This is for the national championship, it has to be most deserving, it can not be based on someone simply deciding one team is better than another because??

And we penalize FSU for beating #14 Louisville by 10, but we do not penalize Bama for basically losing to a bad Auburn team last week?

smootness
12-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Fluke? 😂😂😂😂 We weren't watching the same game. Bama whipped UGA in the trenches all afternoon. Saban tried to sabotage himself early by not sticking with Milroe. But once he realized he'd screwed up, it was vintage Saban. He got that to team to improve over the course of the season and they're probably the best team in CFB right now.

Yet they looked like trash last week.

We just assume they are the best because their name is Bama.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 07:20 AM
Yet they looked like trash last week.

We just assume they are the best because their name is Bama.

Dude. You keep bringing up the Iron Bowl. It's a rivalry game. Texas lost their rivalry game. It happens. Almost every year.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 07:23 AM
Fluke? �������� We weren't watching the same game. Bama whipped UGA in the trenches all afternoon. Saban tried to sabotage himself early by not sticking with Milroe. But once he realized he'd screwed up, it was vintage Saban. He got that to team to improve over the course of the season and they're probably the best team in CFB right now.

I agree. They absolutely whipped Georgia on the lines. They manhandled them.

chef dixon
12-03-2023, 07:56 AM
It's also hilarious that we have evidence this year that the SEC is overrated yet we have tons of people still putting UGA and Bama as an untouchable top two teams in the nation.

"FSU squeaks by Louisville." Well what was the iron bowl with a full strength Bama? FSU is going to have their second string QB by January, they literally did nothing in their power to deserve to be left out, and they bitch slapped LSU (SEC baby!).

And the logic behind ignoring a head to head meeting between Texas and Bama is next level. We were gift wrapped a chance match up of two playoff candidates and a lot of people are throwing it out the window.

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 08:08 AM

Helmet watching and eye test bias are not always right. Did that Bama team that played at Aub a week ago look like a top 4 team?

I could even be talked into UGA getting in as two time defending NC. If it was Bama, they would get in with that resume.

You gotta win on the field and fact is Bama picked wrong year to lose 1 and so did UGA.

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 08:09 AM
I agree. They absolutely whipped Georgia on the lines. They manhandled them.

They did and a week earlier, Aub whipped Bama on the line so.....

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 08:35 AM
They did and a week earlier, Aub whipped Bama on the line so.....

Rivalry game. Happens every season. And Texas got handled by their rival.

Fwiw, I think SEC gets left out. I think y'all gonna be right that it's Michigan, Washington, Texas, and FSU.

Dawgface
12-03-2023, 08:41 AM
1. Michigan
2. UGA
3. Texas
4. Bama

Won't happen. The SEC will be left out as most of the country has always hoped for.

Offshore Dawg
12-03-2023, 08:47 AM
All guessing will be over this afternoon !!

Offshore Dawg
12-03-2023, 09:02 AM
Michigan = undefeated conference champ.
Washington = undefeated conference champ.
FSU = undefeated conference champ
Texas = they beat Bama who beat Georgia

Not saying right or not but using logic based on competition.

Homedawg
12-03-2023, 09:06 AM
They will not leave out an SEC team/ The top 4 are Mich Bama Texas and UGA and the committee is supposed to pick the 4 best teams not the 4 conf champs. But it will be Washington instead of UGA and Bama skulls everyone,

We shall see.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 09:13 AM
This is correct.

The four best teams are the most deserving teams. We do this all the time in college baseball where the later season resume trumps earlier.

EdwardDrayton
All guessing will be over this afternoon !!

Bring it on!!!

StarkVegasSteve
The four best teams:

1. Georgia
2. Bama
3. Michigan
4. Texas

The four most deserving teams:

1. Michigan
2. Texas
3. Washington
4. Florida St

Who I believe will be in:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Bama

MBDawg601
12-03-2023, 09:18 AM
I think FSU has to sit this one out.

TCU made it last year and lost their conference championship.

1. UM
2. UW
3. TEXAS
4. BAMA

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 09:18 AM
The four best teams:

1. Georgia
2. Bama
3. Michigan
4. Texas

The four most deserving teams:

1. Michigan
2. Texas
3. Washington
4. Florida St

Who I believe will be in:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Bama

Yes. Which is a shame because high probability Georgia is indeed the best team and won't get a chance after being #1 all season. Hard to say they're not deserving.

msudawglb
12-03-2023, 09:22 AM
The committee is not going to throw out their reasoning from the last several weeks of making their rankings. There will not be a different philosophy from their thinking last week. FSU was already on their 3rd QB and stayed in at #4. Texas had already lost by 4 to a bad OU team. Bama had already lost to Texas by 10 at home. That?s why they were #7 and #8. Georgia was #1 for weeks and just lost by a field goal to #8. They had a field goal hit the upright. It was that close. With all that said, I see the committee?s top 4 as:

1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) Georgia
4) FSU

5) Texas
6) Bama

BlackSailsDawg
12-03-2023, 09:29 AM
Ridiculous.

Results on the field have to matter. The playoff has caused us to completely lose the plot.

Bama sure looked like they suck last week. Same with UGA. SEC will be left out, as they should be. Texas should absolutely be in over Bama, and an undefeated P5 team should always make it. Period.

1- Mich
2- Washington
3- FSU
4- Tx

Catfish
12-03-2023, 09:33 AM
1- Mich
2- Washington
3- FSU
4- Tx

I'm wondering if they will place Texas third to avoid a Mich- Texas game. Say Mich-Fl St and Wash-Tex.

1 Michigan
2 Washington
3 Texas
4 Florida State

BhamDawg
12-03-2023, 09:35 AM
1. Mich
2. Wash
3. FSU
4. Texas

And I don?t think there is much debate about it. 3 undefeated conf champs and Texas with a 10 point win head to head.

Also, I have a hard time believing the committee would put #8 in when four teams ahead of them didn?t lose.

PGHBulldogBG
12-03-2023, 09:44 AM
I?m extremely confused on why people think TCU didn?t deserve to be in the playoff last year when they won their first playoff game. Shouldn?t Michigan have been the one not deserving of it since TCU beat them? For this year, Alabama needed a miracle play to beat a 6-6 Auburn team and they lost at home by double digits to Texas. FSU beat LSU more soundly on a neutral field than Bama did at home. It?s so clear the teams should be Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas. I don?t really see how this is even debatable

Msujd164
12-03-2023, 09:48 AM
I dont think there is any way they set the precedent of leaving an undefeated P5 conference champion out.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. FSU
4. Texas

Bye to NC GAME: Mississippi State University

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 09:49 AM
I?m extremely confused on why people think TCU didn?t deserve to be in the playoff last year when they won their first playoff game. Shouldn?t Michigan have been the one not deserving of it since TCU beat them? For this year, Alabama needed a miracle play to beat a 6-6 Auburn team and they lost at home by double digits to Texas. FSU beat LSU more soundly on a neutral field than Bama did at home. It?s so clear the teams should be Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas. I don?t really see how this is even debatable

Real easy - helmet gazing. People want the team they want in no matter what the facts, the score, or who won. It is the perception is reality world we live in now.

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 09:50 AM
1. Mich
2. Wash
3. FSU
4. Texas

And I don?t think there is much debate about it. 3 undefeated conf champs and Texas with a 10 point win head to head.

Also, I have a hard time believing the committee would put #8 in when four teams ahead of them didn?t lose.

Only if your team is named Bama. Bama don't win yesterday without the ref heppin on the 4th down non-catch play. If that were MSU, it not only would have been reviewed, reversed but we'd have got a targeting call on our QB somehow.

chef dixon
12-03-2023, 09:59 AM

Exactly. People's brains are fascinating. Can you imagine if the resume of Bama was switched with either Texas or FSU? It wouldn't even be a debate

StarkVegasSteve
12-03-2023, 09:59 AM
Real easy - helmet gazing. People want the team they want in no matter what the facts, the score, or who won. It is the perception is reality world we live in now.

That may be some of it, but I also think people want the 4 BEST teams. You cannot watch Florida St and think they are one of the 4 best. All the other 5 I believe could be the best team on a given day, but without Travis FSU has struggled to beat a below avg Florida team and scored 16 pts against a badly overrated Louisville team. At full strength, you are not wrong, FSU is one of the best teams. But without Travis they are a 7-9 win team. If FSU is in the playoff I will understand it, and it will mean I only have to watch one of the playoff games because FSU will not cross the 50 against Michigan.

chef dixon
12-03-2023, 10:07 AM
That may be some of it, but I also think people want the 4 BEST teams. You cannot watch Florida St and think they are one of the 4 best. All the other 5 I believe could be the best team on a given day, but without Travis FSU has struggled to beat a below avg Florida team and scored 16 pts against a badly overrated Louisville team. At full strength, you are not wrong, FSU is one of the best teams. But without Travis they are a 7-9 win team. If FSU is in the playoff I will understand it, and it will mean I only have to watch one of the playoff games because FSU will not cross the 50 against Michigan.

From an outside fan perspective I agree for entertainment value Bama works better, but I just can't imagine State being in FSU's position and considered to be left out. Undefeated. Glad after this year that won't be a possibility

BhamDawg
12-03-2023, 10:23 AM

Let?s say Georgia had won yesterday, would you or anyone making the argument for bama getting in over FSU be making the same argument for Texas? I highly doubt it.

And since we?re referencing specific games, Bama needed a miracle to beat Auburn. They escaped with a 3 point win at home against the mighty 4-8 razorbacks. And let?s not forget, it was 10-3 against G5 USF with a 1:00 left in that game.

StarkVegasSteve
12-03-2023, 10:32 AM
Let?s say Georgia had won yesterday, would you or anyone making the argument for bama getting in over FSU be making the same argument for Texas? I highly doubt it.

And since we?re referencing specific games, Bama needed a miracle to beat Auburn. They escaped with a 3 point win at home against the mighty 4-8 razorbacks. And let?s not forget, it was 10-3 against G5 USF with a 1:00 left in that game.

And Michigan struggled to beat Maryland and Texas needed 2OT to beat KSU and a miracle catch to hold off TCU. And like I said, FSU may get in and you will have a hard time convincing me they are not deserving. However, they are not one of the 4 best teams and will get killed in the semifinals.

PGHBulldogBG
12-03-2023, 10:36 AM
The SEC was down this year compared to recent years. Some big non conference losses hurt the conference as a whole. Bama losing to Texas and LSU losing to FSU were huge. At the same time there were other games like aTm losing to a below average Miami team and then UGA playing 4 cupcakes hurt. Missouri had the best non conference win of any of the top SEC teams, but Kstate is not even top 25. Ironically, UK and State are going to end the regular season with the best non conference wins

Political Hack
12-03-2023, 10:37 AM
The committee already had Florida State #4 and I doubt they move an undefeated P5 conference champion that's 2-0 vs the SEC out of the playoff. That's just my feeling... based on where FSU has been ranked week to week.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State
4. Texas

5. Bama
6. UGA

msudawg1200
12-03-2023, 10:40 AM
The committee already had Florida State #4 and I doubt they move an undefeated P5 conference champion that's 2-0 vs the SEC out of the playoff. That's just my feeling... based on where FSU has been ranked week to week.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State
4. Texas

5. Bama
6. UGA

^This

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 10:42 AM
The SEC is left out and there will be cries for secession for the first time in 160 years. ****

smootness
12-03-2023, 10:46 AM

But this should just never be the way it works. A team does literally everything it possibly can, and the committee says, ?Nah, I think someone else is better.? It should be about resume and what you have done on the field. Period.

smootness
12-03-2023, 10:48 AM
Dude. You keep bringing up the Iron Bowl. It's a rivalry game. Texas lost their rivalry game. It happens. Almost every year.

Oh ok, my bad. You let me know which games we should and should not care about and that is how we will determine it.

Bama looked good on the week that mattered and not the weeks that did not matter. Good to know.

msudawg1200
12-03-2023, 10:50 AM
But this should just never be the way it works. A team does literally everything it possibly can, and the committee says, ?Nah, I think someone else is better.? It should be about resume and what you have done on the field. Period.

No doubt. This isn't figure skating or a beauty pageant. The on field results have to matter. This isn't about an "eye test"(dumbest crap I've ever heard. Whose eyes are we talking about), or who someone wants to watch or not watch play. It's what you do on the field. Wins and losses. End of story.

StarkVegasSteve
12-03-2023, 10:52 AM

And there is an argument there. And like I said, I could not argue if FSU gets in because they are undefeated. But I do think style points matter, see Ohio St in 2014, and FSU has no style points since Travis went out.

Dogbone
12-03-2023, 10:52 AM
Oh ok, my bad. You let me know which games we should and should not care about and that is how we will determine it.

Bama looked good on the week that mattered and not the weeks that did not matter. Good to know.

Quit being an ass about something you don’t agree with!!

StarkVegasSteve
12-03-2023, 10:56 AM

Also real quick, let us go back to 2014. Let’s say we beat OM and end the season 11-1. Barrett goes down against Michigan and Jones take over and instead of blowing out Wisconsin they win 16-6. We would be gnashing our teeth and screaming from the mountain top that we went 11-1 in the SEC and OSU was down to their 3rd string QB.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 10:59 AM
We now know what to get a few folks for Christmas. ****

https://i.postimg.cc/wxQQv87H/IMG-5602.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 11:05 AM

You sure are a friendly fellow these days.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 11:06 AM
We now know what to get a few folks for Christmas. ****

https://i.postimg.cc/wxQQv87H/IMG-5602.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

If FSU gets in, I hope they win the whole thing. They won't, but that would be hilarious.

EdwardDrayton
12-03-2023, 11:12 AM
If FSU gets in, I hope they win the whole thing. They won't, but that would be hilarious.

Oh Lord no Down. Nole fans are exceedingly obnoxious. It would be horrible.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 11:15 AM
Oh Lord no Down. Nole fans are exceedingly obnoxious. It would be horrible.

Hahahaha!! I love that chant though!!! Crap! Imma be doing it all day now!!!

smootness
12-03-2023, 11:18 AM
Also real quick, let us go back to 2014. Let’s say we beat OM and end the season 11-1. Barrett goes down against Michigan and Jones take over and instead of blowing out Wisconsin they win 16-6. We would be gnashing our teeth and screaming from the mountain top that we went 11-1 in the SEC and OSU was down to their 3rd string QB.

Ohio State was not undefeated.

Saltydog
12-03-2023, 11:19 AM
It comes down to this. Who's the most "deserving" or "who's the best".

Most deserving: Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas

Four best: Michigan, Bama, Texas, UGA (because they are one of the 4 best teams in the country).

smootness
12-03-2023, 11:34 AM
You sure are a friendly fellow these days.

Sorry man, I got a 3 month old so I?m always tired and cranky haha

smootness
12-03-2023, 11:37 AM
It comes down to this. Who's the most "deserving" or "who's the best".

Most deserving: Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas

Four best: Michigan, Bama, Texas, UGA (because they are one of the 4 best teams in the country).

My issue is that a) I think it should be most deserving because you are crowning a national champion, not making a TV product, and it is a real sport where results should matter; AND b) we can reasonably determine who we think is most deserving based on objective facts (though it is still inherently subjective at some point); we really do not have as good a grasp on who is best.

So it is both more legitimate AND easier to send the most deserving. Sending whoever we think is ?best? becomes arbitrary, introduces more bias, and leads to things like keeping out an undefeated team just because.

maroonmania
12-03-2023, 11:37 AM
I would pick:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Bama

I think the CFP committee will pick:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. FSU
4. Texas

IF the SEC gets left out though I will consider it hilarious that inept SEC officiating (with lots of Bama bias) potentially cost the SEC millions of dollars by not reviewing a 4th down change of possession play where a reception that likely would have been overturned on replay gave Bama an additional 7 points besides disallowing GA a chance to get more points before halftime with great field position. We have belabored the terrible SEC officiating for forever but here we are where it may really bite the SEC in the butt because if Georgia had won yesterday the SEC has a team in the playoff no question. And I say potentially because even if that play had been overturned there is no guarantee it changed the outcome but it definitely would have reduced the deficit Georgia faced at halftime.

msstate7
12-03-2023, 11:42 AM
When do they pick?

Quaoarsking
12-03-2023, 11:44 AM
If Alabama had just lost to Auburn, it would have been easy to give Georgia the nod over Texas.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 11:45 AM
When do they pick?

11:00 am central today

DownwardDawg
12-03-2023, 11:46 AM
Sorry man, I got a 3 month old so I?m always tired and cranky haha

It's all good. Everyone has been " cranky" these days. We all watched State play all year.

msstate7
12-03-2023, 11:48 AM
11:00 am central today

Thanks

LC Dawg
12-03-2023, 11:53 AM
I think it will be

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. FSU
4. Bama

or

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Bama

I don't think they leave out the SEC.

I think it should be:
1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. FSU
4. Texas

That's based on game results, limited viewing of all the teams and a hatred for Bama.