PDA

View Full Version : How many former Successful Memphis Coaches has been successful at the next stop?

CaptainObvious
12-02-2023, 11:55 PM
Looks like Mike Norvell made the right decision! He is a legit coach and they stuck with him and he got them to this point!

Westdawg
12-03-2023, 12:05 AM
Norvell is a really great coach. I have some amazing tie-ins with the UofM football program, so I got some insight on him that a lot don?t. Memphis isn?t the easiest place to win, but you CAN win and win big if you know what you?re doing. Fertile recruiting ground, rabid fan base that will drop a lot of dimes for being a G5 school, and a huge booster in Fred Smith family that can and will give you anything you need.

War Machine Dawg
12-03-2023, 03:24 AM
Still pissed we passed on him to hire Moorhead and we had people here like C34 saying he was untouchable because of skeletons in the closet and other BS. It'll go down as one of the biggest screw ups in MSU history. Up there with passing on Jimbo and Boom Muschamp as a package deal when we hired Croom. Jimbo may be past it now, but 20 years ago getting both of them would've been about the best we could've done. And LT told Jimbo we weren't interested and had our guy AFTER Croom had already turned down LT's first offer. Don't think I'll ever be able to forgive LT for that alone, much less everything else he did to hold us back. To this day I still get a combination of angry and sick every time I think about it.

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2023, 10:38 AM
Still pissed we passed on him to hire Moorhead and we had people here like C34 saying he was untouchable because of skeletons in the closet and other BS. It'll go down as one of the biggest screw ups in MSU history. Up there with passing on Jimbo and Boom Muschamp as a package deal when we hired Croom. Jimbo may be past it now, but 20 years ago getting both of them would've been about the best we could've done. And LT told Jimbo we weren't interested and had our guy AFTER Croom had already turned down LT's first offer. Don't think I'll ever be able to forgive LT for that alone, much less everything else he did to hold us back. To this day I still get a combination of angry and sick every time I think about it.

LT was hiring a black head coach. I just wish he could have picked a good one.

PGHBulldogBG
12-03-2023, 10:42 AM
I highly doubt we passed up on Norvell for Moorhead if he actually wanted out job. We either did not want to pay him what he wanted or he said thanks but no thanks.