PDA

View Full Version : Fsu v Louisville, bama

TheLostDawg
12-02-2023, 08:25 PM
Who are yall pulling for?
Do you think Alabama gets in cfb playoffs

chef dixon
12-02-2023, 08:36 PM
Did not think they would be Georgia. I don't think they should get in if Michigan and FSU win, but sounds like the media has already decided FSU out

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 08:49 PM
This Louisville - FSU game is just torture to watch.

smootness
12-02-2023, 08:51 PM
If FSU wins and is out, the committee can no longer claim they care about anything but TV.

FSU will be in if they win, and Texas will make it over Bama.

CaptainObvious
12-02-2023, 09:06 PM
Didn't we recruit Brock Glenn out of Covington, TN?

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 09:13 PM
If FSU wins and is out, the committee can no longer claim they care about anything but TV.

I mean, do you want to see FSU get blown in the playoff game? You put them in solely because of their record?

Bdawg
12-02-2023, 09:17 PM
Going to see if the committee takes into consideration the fsu QB injury and say they are not as good of team anymore. Lot of controversy there but we will see

smootness
12-02-2023, 09:24 PM
I mean, do you want to see FSU get blown in the playoff game? You put them in solely because of their record?

Absolutely you put them in because of their record. Otherwise you are just figure skating judges out here. If State was where FSU is, everyone would be justifiably livid at the idea they might leave us out undefeated. It?s insane.

Westdawg
12-02-2023, 09:27 PM
Didn't we recruit Brock Glenn out of Covington, TN?
If we didn?t, we should have.
West TN has some really great HS football programs, with outstanding coaches, I know lots of them personally. Covington, Dyersburg, Henry County, Dyer County, Milan, Haywood, Westview ?.and so many more. Lots of outstanding talent up there.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 09:30 PM
Absolutely you put them in because of their record. Otherwise you are just figure skating judges out here. If State was where FSU is, everyone would be justifiably livid at the idea they might leave us out undefeated. It?s insane.

Choosing exclusively on W-L record seems much too simplistic. And I believe the committee's decision criteria are much more sophisticated than simply W-L.

LC Dawg
12-02-2023, 09:33 PM
FSU may have all the points they need to win this game.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 09:37 PM
FSU may have all the points they need to win this game.

Yep it's brutal to watch. And Michigan's ten points may be enough also. These games don't even closely compare to AL-GA.

Saltydog
12-02-2023, 09:38 PM
Their second string QB is not that bad. No, he's not good enough to take them to a championship but he's not as bad as what you're seeing playing tonight. Plus, he'd have a month to practice with the 1's. Their D is good. If they win, they should be in.

smootness
12-02-2023, 09:48 PM
Choosing exclusively on W-L record seems much too simplistic. And I believe the committee's decision criteria are much more sophisticated than simply W-L.

What on earth matters more than what happens in the games played? We all pretend Vegas or the committee or someone out there has some formula that proves the better teams. They all know nothing more than we do, what happened when teams played on the field.

smootness
12-02-2023, 09:48 PM
Yep it's brutal to watch. And Michigan's ten points may be enough also. These games don't even closely compare to AL-GA.

Do they compare to AL-Auburn? Or AL-Arkansas? Or UGA-GT?

TUSK
12-02-2023, 09:52 PM

Smoot, that's a fair argument. I just don't agree that an undefeated season in an inferior confenence is always better than all the 1 loss teams from a better conference.

For example, had MSU beaten Ole Miss in 2014 (and finished 11-1 with a 5 point loss @ #1 Bammer) should they not get consideration over a garbage FSU team that year?

I realize that there has to be some type of "hybridization" of "most deserving" and "best" in most peeps eyes... It's finding that "sweet spot" that's convoluted, IMO...

Just some thoughts... Fortunately, it'll be academic after this year...

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 09:55 PM
Do they compare to AL-Auburn? Or AL-Arkansas? Or UGA-GT?

We're talking about conference championship games. The best teams from each. The talent differential of each pair of teams seems pretty clear today.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2023, 09:58 PM

They want the best 4 teams. Bama would skull drag FSU now.

TUSK
12-02-2023, 10:00 PM

"skull drag"? That's being generous... to FSU.

MagicDawg
12-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Louisville may save the committee - at least, I'm sure that's the exit ramp they'd like.

smootness
12-02-2023, 10:35 PM

But based on what? Again, if you want to go that route, then you want the sport to be akin to gymnastics and figure skating and do not really care that games are played.

We are trying to crown the national champion of 2023, not just trying to figure out which team we deem the best can win. It should be 100% based on what has happened on the field in 2023.

chef dixon
12-02-2023, 10:40 PM
I could see FSU's D giving Bama trouble. Granted the QB situation is unfortunate, but if you go 13-0 in a power 5 and you don't get to play for a title what are we doing? They will have literally taken care of everything in their power and that you can ask of them. Not to mention they actually did skull drag LSU and the beloved Heisman

TUSK
12-02-2023, 10:44 PM
I could see FSU's D giving Bama trouble.

I'm with you on this... I think bammer would do well to get into the 30s vs this D... The FSU offense, however, might not cross the 50 yardline sans a big play or turnover...

DesotoDog1967
12-02-2023, 10:50 PM
Number 14 is hanging with number 4

LC Dawg
12-02-2023, 10:54 PM
This ACC game is growing on me. Both teams playing hard regardless of their struggles.
Also, if FSU wins this they will be undefeated with a win over the presumed Heisman winner from the SEC and will have beaten an in state SEC rival with their backup qb and won the conference championship game with their 3rd string qb. You can't leave them out.
I would prefer FSU lose this to get presumably better teams in the playoffs but you can't leave them out if they win.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 10:56 PM
Number 14 is hanging with number 4

Kentucky 38, Louisville 31

CaptainObvious
12-02-2023, 10:58 PM
Well I have a different view. Let's say Bama is left out and it is Texas, Washington, Michigan and FSU. No way you can rank the current FSU team ahead of Texas. And if so, then you are admitting you believe a 12-1 conference champion is better than a 13-0 conference champion. Therefore, how come another 12-1 Conference Champ not also better than that 13-0 Conference Champ? Hmmmm

Todd4State
12-02-2023, 10:59 PM
I hope Bama gets left out because it hurts Ole Miss.

Of course they'll probably get some 6-6 Big Ten team in the Gator Bowl now.**

smootness
12-02-2023, 10:59 PM
Kentucky 38, Louisville 31

Are we really doing this?

South Alabama 33, Oklahoma State 7
Oklahoma State 27, Oklahoma 24
Oklahoma 34, Texas 30
Texas 34, Alabama 24

CaptainObvious
12-02-2023, 11:06 PM
Plummer must have money bet on FSU. That was just awful

chef dixon
12-02-2023, 11:10 PM
Keep in mind too this QB won't play in the playoff. Rodemaker isn't great but he's a lot more capable than this poor guy

CaptainObvious
12-02-2023, 11:10 PM
Have I mentioned how much I dislike Jarrian Jones and Fabian Lovett? But they made the right decision for their careers and their NFL chances.

CaptainObvious
12-02-2023, 11:14 PM
This ACC game is growing on me. Both teams playing hard regardless of their struggles.
Also, if FSU wins this they will be undefeated with a win over the presumed Heisman winner from the SEC and will have beaten an in state SEC rival with their backup qb and won the conference championship game with their 3rd string qb. You can't leave them out.
I would prefer FSU lose this to get presumably better teams in the playoffs but you can't leave them out if they win.

Then they MUST rank them in the Top 3. You cannot make them play Number 1 as a 4 seed with a 1 loss team ranked ahead of them.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 11:23 PM

So you're saying the SEC is completely out?

CaptainObvious
12-02-2023, 11:29 PM
Plummer is Will Rogers with a mustache!

LC Dawg
12-02-2023, 11:30 PM
So you're saying the SEC is completely out?

I think the committee takes Bama over Texas.

CaptainObvious
12-02-2023, 11:37 PM
I hate Bama as much as the next guy, but both Bama and Texas are better than FSU. Next year number 13 Ole Miss will have the beef against the Selection Committee.😳😳

dawgday166
12-02-2023, 11:46 PM
Here's how I figure this out. If Saban was coaching FSU would he be whining if they were left out after going undefeated? Absolutely.

But then he'll whine if Bama is left out now too.

And the free TD before halftime today helped Bama too. Bama always needs help from refs to beat GA. Funny how the refs rushed to get ball back in play for "clock purposes" without reviewing the 4th and 4 non catch. They good at doing that for Bama when they in a tight game.

CaptainObvious
12-02-2023, 11:47 PM
Taking it a step further.

12-1 Texas defeats 18 ranked OSU who will now finish out of the Top 20 at 9-4.
13-0 FSU defeats 14 ranked Louisville who will finish 10-3 and outside the Top 15.
13-0 Michigan defeated Iowa who will finish 9-4 and out of Top 20.

Now the Number 1 Ranked Team loses to #8 by only 3 and they have to drop below Bama meaning Bama at 5 and UGA at 6. How many times has the number 1 undefeated team lost their last game and tumbled 5 spots?

True chaos!!!

dawgday166
12-02-2023, 11:51 PM
Taking it a step further.

12-1 Texas defeats 18 ranked OSU who will now finish out of the Top 20 at 9-4.
13-0 FSU defeats 14 ranked Louisville who will finish 10-3 and outside the Top 15.
13-0 Michigan defeated Iowa who will finish 9-4 and out of Top 20.

Now the Number 1 Ranked Team loses to #8 by only 3 and they have to drop below Bama meaning Bama at 5 and UGA at 6. How many times has the number 1 undefeated team lost their last game and tumbled 5 spots?

True chaos!!!

There's no doubt they'll put Bammer in. FSU or Texas fixing to get the shaft.

PGHBulldogBG
12-03-2023, 12:05 AM
I?m not big on non power 5 teams making the playoff like how Cincy did a few years ago, but FSU won a power 5 conference and beat LSU on a neutral field by 20+ points. They definitely deserve to be in the playoff over Bama and Texas who both have a loss.

PendingTransaction
12-03-2023, 12:20 AM
Would a 13-0 ACC Champion named Clemson be left out???

TUSK
12-03-2023, 12:53 AM
I?m not big on non power 5 teams making the playoff like how Cincy did a few years ago, but FSU won a power 5 conference and beat LSU on a neutral field by 20+ points. They definitely deserve to be in the playoff over Bama and Texas who both have a loss.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/51qFL-mr8Rg?feature=share

SPMT
12-03-2023, 01:36 AM

Bama and UGA should both be in. We all know it.

Apologies to those left out but those two teams plus Michigan are the best in thou country and we all know it.

smootness
12-03-2023, 05:41 AM
Bama and UGA should both be in. We all know it.

Apologies to those left out but those two teams plus Michigan are the best in thou country and we all know it.

So in the World Cup, since we just ?know? Brazil and Germany are the best, should we throw them in the finals no matter what they do? Or in SEC basketball this year, even if State has a better year than Kentucky, should we just put UK in the Tourney over us since we just ?know? they are better?

Have fun watching your gymnastics sport if that is how you want to decide it.

defiantdog
12-03-2023, 10:21 AM
FSU's strength of schedule was 63rd while Bama is 17th. Gotta play into it a little.

TUSK
12-03-2023, 04:31 PM
FSU's strength of schedule was 63rd while Bama is 17th. Gotta play into it a little.

Yep. I don't have a lot of sympathy for FSU.

In '91, they were invited to join the SEC and declined. Bobby Bowden is on record saying that it would be too difficult to win a NC in the SEC and that it'd be easier in the ACC (which is true).

Additionally, last year, FSU's AD was 1 of only 3 ADs to vote against expanding the CFP to 12 teams.

So, if ya have a problem with FSU not making the CFP, take it up with FSU.