PDA

View Full Version : SEC Championship Game

DownwardDawg
12-02-2023, 06:30 PM
This is real SEC football. Damn this is fun to watch. Physical.

Catfish
12-02-2023, 06:32 PM
Alabama playing tough.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2023, 06:35 PM
Alabama playing tough.

Very. That was a must stop for Georgia. I think Bama could have put them away with a TD right there.

Catfish
12-02-2023, 06:37 PM
Very. That was a must stop for Georgia. I think Bama could have put them away with a TD right there.

The way things are going right now Georgia could be in trouble.

SailingDawg
12-02-2023, 06:41 PM
BOLD STATEMENT: if Alabama beats Georgia, they'll drop to three or four and the same top four are in the playoffs. No one replaces the current 1-4, unless one of them loses tonight, which is highly doubtful.

SPMT
12-02-2023, 06:43 PM
BOLD STATEMENT: if Alabama beats Georgia, they'll drop to three or four and the same top four are in the playoffs. No one replaces the current 1-4, unless one of them loses tonight, which is highly doubtful.

If Bama wins and they aren?t in, it?s criminal.

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 06:45 PM
Bama DBs grab, hold and plain tackle the WR every play and refs just look away.

Catfish
12-02-2023, 06:46 PM

Nope...Texas beat Bama.

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 06:46 PM

Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas. Bama will be 5, and UGA 6. Book it.

Catfish
12-02-2023, 06:47 PM
Bama DBs grab, hold and plain tackle the WR every play and refs just look away.

I'm glad you see it too.

SPMT
12-02-2023, 06:49 PM
Disagree on Texas

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 06:50 PM
I'm glad you see it too.

Saban coaches them that way and Refs know it and are scared of Saban. When Saban is gone, they may start calling it fair. We'll see.

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 06:50 PM
Disagree on Texas

Both would be 12-1 and Texas won head to head. End of story. In Tusc none the less.

maroonmania
12-02-2023, 06:56 PM
Saban coaches them that way and Refs know it and are scared of Saban. When Saban is gone, they may start calling it fair. We'll see.

Yep, they must be because if Bama wins then that 4th down catch/no catch at the end of the first half that the SEC refs didn't even bother reviewing will likely be the difference.

99jc
12-02-2023, 06:57 PM
Both would be 12-1 and Texas won head to head. End of story. In Tusc none the less.

bs you don't know the power of the sec

SailingDawg
12-02-2023, 06:59 PM

This

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 07:03 PM

I been watching it a long time; I know about the SEC They may cave; it wouldn't surprise me. There is no integrity in anything anymore but they have said head to head is the deal breaker. We'll see if they back up what they have already said.

LC Dawg
12-02-2023, 07:04 PM
If Bama wins they are in. I'd vote for Texas over Bama but I think the committee would go with Bama.
I think FSU is going to lose and Texas gets in.

SPMT
12-02-2023, 07:08 PM
I been watching it a long time; I know about the SEC They may cave; it wouldn't surprise me. There is no integrity in anything anymore but they have said head to head is the deal breaker. We'll see if they back up what they have already said.

These two teams are clearly the best in the country.

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 07:09 PM
Texas is in - SEC lite is what they are already saying.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 07:11 PM
Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas. Bama will be 5, and UGA 6. Book it.

Think the committee will go PC. Bama in, GA out.

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 07:12 PM
These two teams are clearly the best in the country.

May be. You been watching long? Since when does that have anything to do with it.

You got to win it on the field now. Next year will be more a playoff type scenario and the best team can prove it. We used to just give the trophy to Bama. They ain't winning as many now that they have to work for it.

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 07:12 PM

For sure Bama over UGA but who gets left out? FSU might but they will be undefeated.

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 07:14 PM
UGA that is how you get it done in big boy football.

SPMT
12-02-2023, 07:15 PM
May be. You been watching long? Since when does that have anything to do with it.

You got to win it on the field now. Next year will be more a playoff type scenario and the best team can prove it. We used to just give the trophy to Bama. They ain't winning as many now that they have to work for it.

Dude, Bama was the best team those years and you know it.

When did they get it handed to them?

maroonmania
12-02-2023, 07:15 PM

Bama has to be in over GA if they beat GA. Bama would have a win over GA. Who has GA beaten? Nobody really. Georgia loses they are out.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 07:19 PM
For sure Bama over UGA but who gets left out? FSU might but they will be undefeated.

Personally think the committee will go Michigan, Washington, Bama and FSU but I think it should be GA rather than FSU.

But we still have two games tonight that have a huge bearing of course.

Catfish
12-02-2023, 07:19 PM
A Louisville win could make things interesting.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 07:21 PM

Then the committee likely goes with two SEC teams.

Catfish
12-02-2023, 07:21 PM
Can't justify Bama over Texas.

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 07:22 PM
Dude, Bama was the best team those years and you know it.

When did they get it handed to them?

In the BCS days Bama was given the NC game over and over. They got in one year and didn't even win the SECW.

Bama got it handed to them by Clemson one year.

I never said Bama has been great but they get advantages that no one else gets and that is fact.

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 07:23 PM

Nope not with a straight face and have an integrity. But if you worship Bama then yeah, roll tide.

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 07:24 PM
And there goes homer Danileson lobbying for Bama.

Catfish
12-02-2023, 07:26 PM
Nope not with a straight face and have an integrity. But if you worship Bama then yeah, roll tide.

Bad look for the committee if they do.

Matt3467
12-02-2023, 07:27 PM
Man I can't stand Bama. Hate them more than I do OM. Can't wait until Saban leaves.

RocketDawg
12-02-2023, 07:29 PM

It would be hard for Alabama to jump over Texas. I don't see how it could happen, but you never know. Texas had a blowout win earlier today, and Bama's was close, but then Texas was playing OkState and Bama was playing the #1 team in the country (at the time). The best thing that could happen for Alabama's chances is for either Michigan or Florida State, or both, to lose tonight.

RocketDawg
12-02-2023, 07:30 PM
Man I can't stand Bama. Hate them more than I do OM. Can't wait until Saban leaves.

Agree. Which one you dislike more might depend on where you live.

TrapGame
12-02-2023, 07:30 PM
Mike Bobo's play calling was bad. You can so that shit against Mizzou in the 4th quarter but not Bama.

Catfish
12-02-2023, 07:32 PM
It would be hard for Alabama to jump over Texas. I don't see how it could happen, but you never know. Texas had a blowout win earlier today, and Bama's was close, but then Texas was playing OkState and Bama was playing the #1 team in the country (at the time). The best thing that could happen for Alabama's chances is for either Michigan or Florida State, or both, to lose tonight.

Agreed, I don't think Michigan will lose but not sure about Florida St especially if they don't have their quarterback.

RocketDawg
12-02-2023, 07:33 PM
And there goes homer Danileson lobbying for Bama.

It sort of seemed that he was, and usually does (however, all the Bama fans I know think he's anti-Bama), but he was heavily criticizing the replay official for not reviewing the catch that led to Bama's TD. And he was right - it wasn't a catch. Turns out that non-call was likely the game.

Churchill
12-02-2023, 07:35 PM

If you think you hate Bama wait til you get to know Texas a little better. Bama is arrogant because they win, Texas is arrogant because they just flat think they are better than you.

TUSK
12-02-2023, 07:36 PM
In the BCS days Bama was given the NC game over and over. They got in one year and didn't even win the SECW.

Bama got it handed to them by Clemson one year.

I never said Bama has been great but they get advantages that no one else gets and that is fact.

Define:

1. "Given".
2. "Over and over".

parabrave
12-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Bama ain't losing if they get in. The 4 best teams are Bama Mich UGA and Texas.

Catfish
12-02-2023, 07:39 PM
Bama ain't losing if they get in. The 4 best teams are Bama Mich UGA and Texas.

Bingo!

LC Dawg
12-02-2023, 07:40 PM
A one loss SEC champion is getting in. If MI and FSU win tonight it will be those two and Bama and Washington. The committee will say Bama has a better win and a better loss than Texas. It's bullshit but that's what will happen.

EdwardDrayton

Can without a doubt. Relative competition not even close and Texas got Bama early when Bama had not even settled on a QB.

RocketDawg

FSU will likely get in if they win tonight, but their biggest wins are LSU, Clemson, and Florida. Only 2 top 25 teams and one of them was something like 23rd, so not a terribly hard schedule (but never is in the ACC). Still, they're undefeated in a major conference.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 07:42 PM
A one loss SEC champion is getting in. If MI and FSU win tonight it will be those two and Bama and Washington. The committee will say Bama has a better win and a better loss than Texas. It's bullshit but that's what will happen.

Bama is in no question.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 07:43 PM
If you think you hate Bama wait til you get to know Texas a little better. Bama is arrogant because they win, Texas is arrogant because they just flat think they are better than you.

Yeah well Texas gonna get their comeuppance in the SEC.

DesotoDog1967
12-02-2023, 07:43 PM
Last time State was on CBS KJ broke the SEC passing record. Screw them

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 07:44 PM
FSU will likely get in if they win tonight, but their biggest wins are LSU, Clemson, and Florida. Only 2 top 25 teams and one of them was something like 23rd, so not a terribly hard schedule (but never is in the ACC). Still, they're undefeated in a major conference.

Agree if FSU wins but they're not better than GA.

RocketDawg
12-02-2023, 07:45 PM

Could be, but their thinking would be sort of convoluted. Their "better loss" was to Texas. Don't know what the technical strength of schedules are, but Alabama definitely had a tougher schedule than Texas. It will be a very hard decision and will be controversial regardless of which way it goes.

Coach34
12-02-2023, 07:46 PM
Fla State needs to lose and help this whole process- unfortunately Georgia gonna get left out

DownwardDawg
12-02-2023, 07:48 PM
Incredible game. Saban is a beast. Best coaching job yet possibly.

I say Michigan, Washington, Texas , and Bama.

No FSU.

RocketDawg
12-02-2023, 07:48 PM
Agree if FSU wins but they're not better than GA.

Very true. But Georgia's schedule was pretty easy until 3 of the last 4 games of the regular season. Then they performed well. FSU never did really play a top-rated team.

parabrave
12-02-2023, 07:50 PM
Incredible game. Saban is a beast. Best coaching job yet possibly.

I say Michigan, Washington, Texas , and Bama.

No FSU.

This is what it should pan out. But they will switch Texas and Bama

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 07:50 PM
Folks, if you do not believe these two teams are not in the top four best in the country, you do not watch a lot of football.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 07:52 PM
Fla State needs to lose and help this whole process- unfortunately Georgia gonna get left out

Unfortunately true

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 07:53 PM
This is what it should pan out. But they will switch Texas and Bama

Have always said it. Never ever count out a Saban team.

RocketDawg
12-02-2023, 08:00 PM
Will Alabama's near loss to Auburn last week be considered? It should be - they essentially lost a super rivalry game to a very subpar team.

TUSK
12-02-2023, 08:02 PM
If I were to rank the "best" teams as of right now:

Bammer 12-1 and UGA 12-1
Michigan 13-0 (assuming they win tonight) and Ohio State 11-1
Texas 12-1
Washington 13-0 and Oregon 11-2
FSU 13-0 (assuming they win tonight)

Hopefully, they'll abide by their own, stated criteria and not some ambiguous, "deserving" crap...

Catfish
12-02-2023, 08:03 PM

Bammer 12-1 and UGA 12-1
Michigan 13-0 and Ohio State 11-1
Texas 12-1

Hopefully, they'll abide by their own, stated criteria and not some ambiguous, "deserving" crap...

I would switch Texas with Ohio State.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 08:04 PM

Bammer 12-1 and UGA 12-1
Michigan 13-0 and Ohio State 11-1
Texas 12-1

Spot on TUSK

parabrave
12-02-2023, 08:04 PM
Folks, if you do not believe these two teams are not in the top four best in the country, you do not watch a lot of football.

I think they are 1&2 right now. But the Committe will be pressured to drop one in favor of Tex or Fl St

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 08:06 PM
I think they are 1&2 right now. But the Committe will be pressured to drop one in favor of Tex or Fl St

Think that's likely, yes

TUSK
12-02-2023, 08:06 PM
I would switch Texas with Ohio State.

I'd be down with that, Catfish....

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 08:10 PM
I'd be down with that, Catfish....

Sure will be a lot more satisfying to watch these actually play out next season.

MoreCowbell
12-02-2023, 08:16 PM
Will be Michigan, Washington, Texas, Bama. Even if FSU wins.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2023, 08:23 PM
The committee always said in the past it's the 4 best teams at the time of selection. There will be gnashing of teeth.

Hypnodawg
12-02-2023, 08:23 PM
No reason to put any one loss above Michigan. Texas beat Bama at Bama. Hard to argue Bama over Texas when Texas beat Bama at Bama.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2023, 08:25 PM

Yep. Even though Georgia would be the brakes off of Washington, that's what it will be.
The two best teams played today.

LC Dawg
12-02-2023, 08:29 PM

I could see this happening. No one would really care except Danny Kannel.

TUSK
12-02-2023, 08:37 PM
The committee always said in the past it's the 4 best teams at the time of selection. There will be gnashing of teeth.

Yep, but they didn't do it last year... I think Bammer needs FSU (or Michigan) to lose...

chef dixon
12-02-2023, 08:39 PM
Yep, but they didn't do it last year... I think Bammer needs FSU (or Michigan) to lose...

You really wouldn't rank Texas over Bama right now? Based off what besides your fandom?

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 08:44 PM

I'd buy a ticket to it.

TUSK
12-02-2023, 08:45 PM
You really wouldn't rank Texas over Bama right now? Based off what besides your fandom?

I think you misunderstood me, Chief.

My point was that the CFP Committee DID NOT put the "best" four teams in the CFP last year.

Regarding this year, I believe Bammer gets in ONLY if Texas does, as well.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 08:45 PM

Because Texas is not better than Bama.

TUSK
12-02-2023, 08:48 PM

Well, there's that, as well.... I think "deserve" will come in to play re: Bammer vs Texas, though...

chef dixon
12-02-2023, 08:50 PM

This is complete bias. Factually they are better than Bama. You can argue teams changing as the year goes on but Bama is 7 days removed needing a miracle to beat a team NM state destroyed. Texas has not gotten worse. And I hate Texas

smootness
12-02-2023, 08:53 PM
Yeah, Bama looked awesome last week.

maroonmania
12-02-2023, 08:57 PM
This is complete bias. Factually they are better than Bama. You can argue teams changing as the year goes on but Bama is 7 days removed needing a miracle to beat a team NM state destroyed. Texas has not gotten worse. And I hate Texas

Exactly, saying Bama is better than Texas is totally subjective. Objectively, Texas is 10 points better than Bama on Bama's home field. Everyone thought that Oregon was now better than Washington even though Washington had previously beaten Oregon but when they played again that showed not to be the case. I personally just don't think the SEC is all that this year, even Georgia who hadn't really played anyone. Heck, look how close Bama came to losing to a bad Auburn team.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 09:05 PM
Exactly, saying Bama is better than Texas is totally subjective. Objectively, Texas is 10 points better than Bama on Bama's home field. Everyone thought that Oregon was now better than Washington even though Washington had previously beaten Oregon but when they played again that showed not to be the case. I personally just don't think the SEC is all that this year, even Georgia who hadn't really played anyone. Heck, look how close Bama came to losing to a bad Auburn team.

Have to be very careful with deductive arguments when it comes to college football. It will lose you a lot of money. Hopefully we get another Texas - Alabama to settle it. I just know who my money will be on.

smootness
12-02-2023, 09:13 PM
Have to be very careful with deductive arguments when it comes to college football. It will lose you a lot of money. Hopefully we get another Texas - Alabama to settle it. I just know who my money will be on.

I would not be putting money on either. Bama not only struggled mightily with Auburn, they also did with Arkansas and A&M too. This is not a normal Bama power.

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 09:20 PM
I would not be putting money on either. Bama not only struggled mightily with Auburn, they also did with Arkansas and A&M too. This is not a normal Bama power.

Not sure what normal is but they beat the #1 team in the country, are SEC champs and did not lose a conference game in arguably the best P5 conference.

smootness
12-02-2023, 09:23 PM
Not sure what normal is but they beat the #1 team in the country, are SEC champs and did not lose a conference game in arguably the best P5 conference.

I am not sure the SEC was best this year. It certainly was not where it typically is.

Bama is very good, no doubt. But assuming they will beat everyone, especially when one of the teams already beat them by double digits on their home field, is just judging them based on their name. There are no true elite teams this year. Bama is one of the very good ones, but there are several others.

TUSK
12-02-2023, 09:29 PM

Yep... and there is likely no one outside of Austin that'd take Texas vs Bammer in a "pick em" rematch...

smootness
12-02-2023, 10:41 PM
Yep... and there is likely no one outside of Austin that'd take Texas vs Bammer in a "pick em" rematch...

Great. Just like few would have picked Washington today. People are fools.

TUSK
12-03-2023, 12:03 AM
Great. Just like few would have picked Washington today. People are fools.

eh kay

edit to add: I'd be willing to make some prop bets with ya... I'll give half my winnings to the ED Board.

js

smootness
12-03-2023, 12:24 AM
What does it even matter who would win a rematch? Poor things, do you need a do-over? You lost, so you have to deal with the consequences. If anything, losing as the better team should penalize you more.

TUSK
12-03-2023, 12:28 AM
What does it even matter who would win a rematch? Poor things, do you need a do-over? You lost, so you have to deal with the consequences. If anything, losing as the better team should penalize you more.

you're better than this, buddy.

smootness
12-03-2023, 12:30 AM
you're better than this, buddy.

How so? Why does Bama deserve to be in over Texas or FSU?

It does not matter who would win in a rematch. The teams already played, so we can now see the winner play other teams.

TUSK
12-03-2023, 12:44 AM
How so? Why does Bama deserve to be in over Texas or FSU?

It does not matter who would win in a rematch. The teams already played, so we can now see the winner play other teams.

If we did that, LSU would have won the NC in 2011 instead of the best team.

smootness
12-03-2023, 05:43 AM
If we did that, LSU would have won the NC in 2011 instead of the best team.

LSU should have won the title in 2011.

Why do you just assume that was the correct decision?

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 08:23 AM

Well the cases being made for Bama are not even deductive arguments, just helmet watching. No one here is talking about making a bet.

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 08:25 AM
LSU should have won the title in 2011.

Why do you just assume that was the correct decision?

Because they Bama and Bama is just supposed to get in NC game.

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 08:26 AM

Hard to beat a team twice right? Just like Bama vs UGA that year.

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 08:27 AM

Bama gets multiple shots when no one else does. Don't you know the rules?**

R2Dawg
12-03-2023, 08:29 AM

The only ranked SEC OOC win was MSU over AZ. Tulane won't be ranked now. LSU got skull drug by FSU.