PDA

View Full Version : Qb prospect Michael Van Buren

bigbub50
12-02-2023, 03:33 PM
Decommits from Oregon. One of our wr commits with a cryptic tweet indicating we may have a chance.

Pancho
12-02-2023, 03:37 PM
Lupoi being mention for DC as well

woof
12-02-2023, 04:00 PM
Lupoi being mention for DC as well

If Lebby pulls him, that is a GRAND SLAM DC hire! Or wait, isn't this the same Lupoi who is one of the rising stars in coaching on the DC side?

DesotoDog1967
12-02-2023, 04:09 PM
1.7 mill at Oregon. Can it be beat?

BigDawg81
12-02-2023, 04:15 PM
Word going around social media is there might be an early Merry Flipmas for State

Mjoelner34
12-02-2023, 04:20 PM
Per 247, Lebby was his primary recruiter while at OU.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-02-2023, 04:24 PM
1.7 mill at Oregon. Can it be beat?

Well lets go back 2 years- Leach made what, $5M? and Arnett as DC made 1.25M I think. So 6.25M between those 2 people. Briles makes $4.5M, meaning 1.75m for Lupoi.

of course, that's assuming the other assistants we're hiring make the same as the rest of the '22 staff, and that our total coaching pool is the same as '22. supposedly our boosters have gotten more serious so the money is more.

BUT, mostly I don't think we can pull Lupoi because any $$$ we offer will be matched by Oregon. They had a great year and I can't imagine they wouldnt find 500k more if needed

RezDog7
12-02-2023, 04:28 PM
Well lets go back 2 years- Leach made what, $5M? and Arnett as DC made 1.25M I think. So 6.25M between those 2 people. Briles makes $4.5M, meaning 1.75m for Lupoi.

of course, that's assuming the other assistants we're hiring make the same as the rest of the '22 staff, and that our total coaching pool is the same as '22. supposedly our boosters have gotten more serious so the money is more.

BUT, mostly I don't think we can pull Lupoi because any $$$ we offer will be matched by Oregon. They had a great year and I can't imagine they wouldnt find 500k more if needed

We hired Briles as head coach?

msstate7
12-02-2023, 04:40 PM
Per 247, Lebby was his primary recruiter while at OU.

So he couldn't pull him to oklahoma, but he can to state? Seems odd

Mjoelner34
12-02-2023, 04:42 PM

Look at the Freshman QB OU has sitting on the bench.

AlSwearengen
12-02-2023, 04:57 PM
Lupoi is from CA. Went to Cal Berkley. That would go down as one of he biggest head scratching surprises ever.

TheLostDawg
12-02-2023, 05:10 PM

Typical state mentality. Thinking we can't get someone good because we're Mississippi state. Add mentioned below OU qb room way more competitive.
That being said
The from CA, went to Cal Berkley, statement holds more weight in my eyes. However money talks and we get some baseball guys from Cali so not impossible. Have to be able to play, have a spot they can get, and our scheme fit what they excel at

bigbub50
12-02-2023, 05:24 PM

He could have loved Lebby but knew he would have immense competition with their qb room. Come to the sec and compete to start from day 1. If Lebby really likes this young man, we could let him and parson fight it out. Take our lumps next year and build for 25 without buying a 1.5 mil qb from the portal. I know there are holes in my argument. I?m blurring my eyes to see it as well.

Goldendawg
12-02-2023, 05:24 PM
Typical state mentality. Thinking we can't get someone good because we're Mississippi state. Add mentioned below OU qb room way more competitive.
That being said
The from CA, went to Cal Berkley, statement holds more weight in my eyes. However money talks and we get some baseball guys from Cali so not impossible. Have to be able to play, have a spot they can get, and our scheme fit what they excel at

Seems OM has "hired" a few Cali QBs. Why not us? Time to play big boy ball on all levels! Hail State!

Mjoelner34
12-02-2023, 05:30 PM
Seems OM has "hired" a few Cali QBs. Why not us? Time to play big boy ball on all levels! Hail State!

Van Buren is from Baltimore not Cali.

woof
12-02-2023, 05:31 PM
That being said

well, there are wayyyy too many forrest gumpers mentaility on here that think we are broke in NIL, that are stuck in 1980s mentality, that are cheap & still continue to think MSU can never possibly get over 7 wins a year. I hope Lebby blows up in the portal and gets like 25 players, we get a few lights out MS recruits and Lebby shows these good ole boys whats up, lol.

bigbub50
12-02-2023, 05:36 PM
We have one huge advantage in recruiting hs and portal. Playing time. I know it?s all about getting paid now, but guys have a chance now to come to state and be hands down the best talent we have at that position. Come to state and play now!

BeardoMSU
12-02-2023, 05:58 PM
Is he descendant from an oil, newspaper, or railroad tycoon? Name definitely checks out. Would be great to bring them into the Bulldog Initiative fold...***

TALL DAWG
12-02-2023, 06:00 PM
And SEC

DesotoDog1967
12-02-2023, 07:20 PM

K.J. Costello

Lord McBuckethead
12-02-2023, 10:13 PM
K.J. Costello

Did set the all time sec single game passing record and then we found out he was a TRex and cannot see defenders in zone if they are not moving.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2023, 10:21 PM
Did set the all time sec single game passing record and then we found out he was a TRex and cannot see defenders in zone if they are not moving.

Hahahaha!!!!! That made me laugh out loud!!!!