PDA

View Full Version : One thing I like about Lebby as he comes into this job

R2Dawg
12-02-2023, 03:31 PM
He like Mullen did, bragged about the talent in MS but also the talent that has come thru MSU.

His comments on David Turner
Coach Lebby on Turner |
"Coach Turner is no stranger to Mississippi State and the SEC, and he will bring a veteran presence to our staff. His reputation in college football as a defensive line coach is second to none. He has a proven track record for developing elite defensive line units over the last three decades. He's recruited, signed and coached the best of the best in the NFL and is the reason Mississippi State is widely known as DLU."

DLU, I like it. He doesn't shy away from bragging on MSU's history of top DL players. This only helps our brand and selling MSU to the next high profile recruit. Then they look and see Cox, Jones, Simmons, Sweat, Smith, and others in the NFL.

woof
12-02-2023, 03:56 PM
Yes! we needed a coach like Lebby who uses the NFL, Dak, Bowl game streak, MS HS players, etc. any damn thing we can use to gain a competitive advantage in recruiting.

I like that Lebby plans to continue to hammer this home in recruiting about our NFL defensive history, Dak, etc.

Joebob
12-02-2023, 06:11 PM
Excellent point.