PDA

View Full Version : UTexas getting all the calls early

MaroonFlounder
12-02-2023, 12:34 PM
Refs seem to want the fave to win.

I no longer know what pass interference is. I guess you have to tackle the guy to get the flag ( if you're a good team). But in the NFL, a Saints receiver can get tackled way before a ball arrives on a SuperBowl-deciding play and not draw the flag. And in the egg bowl in the early 80s, a CB can defend a play perfectly, get the pick, and get flagged to giftwrap a reb victory.

ETA: Just as I post this, UT finally gets flagged for PI. They waited until there was a 2 TD advantage. Maybe that was a makeup call?

TrapGame
12-02-2023, 12:42 PM
Like the announcers said, if the ref didn't flag that one Gundy was coming on the field.

SailingDawg
12-02-2023, 12:50 PM
And in the egg bowl in the early 80s, a CB can defend a play perfectly, get the pick, and get flagged to giftwrap a reb victory.

Jeez. Don?t remind me. 1981! My first Egg Bowl, freshman at State. Happened right in front of me. Total heartbreak.

RocketDawg
12-02-2023, 01:05 PM
Another bad call - that was not a Texas interception.

PGHBulldogBG
12-02-2023, 01:14 PM
Refs seem to want the fave to win.

I no longer know what pass interference is. I guess you have to tackle the guy to get the flag ( if you're a good team). But in the NFL, a Saints receiver can get tackled way before a ball arrives on a SuperBowl-deciding play and not draw the flag. And in the egg bowl in the early 80s, a CB can defend a play perfectly, get the pick, and get flagged to giftwrap a reb victory.

ETA: Just as I post this, UT finally gets flagged for PI. They waited until there was a 2 TD advantage. Maybe that was a makeup call?

When they come to the SEC it will be interesting seeing them get the kind of treatment Bama does and how Bama will react

MaroonFlounder
12-02-2023, 01:17 PM
And now what seemed like roughing the passer, not called.

chef dixon
12-02-2023, 01:18 PM
It's a joke that a team that got blown out by South Alabama is in this game. This should be red river part 2

EdwardDrayton
12-02-2023, 01:44 PM
Oh they want Texas to win. Cuz now they're spouting if Bama wins, neither Georgia nor Bama may get in. Oy vey. There will be rioting in the streets.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2023, 01:45 PM
I hope Bama wins. I want to see the chaos.

ZedFedder
12-02-2023, 01:48 PM
There is no way on earth that the SEC champs should be left out. But we shall see.

smootness
12-02-2023, 01:50 PM
This claim/assumption that calls are intentionally made to favor teams has gotten out of hand.

smootness
12-02-2023, 01:51 PM
There is no way on earth that the SEC champs should be left out. But we shall see.

I think they would be.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-02-2023, 02:04 PM
The SEC was the weakest it has been in 20 years

chef dixon
12-02-2023, 02:06 PM

It won't matter. UGA rolls

PGHBulldogBG
12-02-2023, 02:08 PM
UGA vs FSU and Michigan vs Washington then UGA vs Michigan for title with Michigan winning.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2023, 02:10 PM
I think they would be.

I don't. I think Bama has to jump Georgia if they beat them today, the last game of the season. I just want to see it all happen so that's why I'm cheering for Bama. I think Georgia wins though so it won't matter.

smootness
12-02-2023, 02:10 PM
UGA vs FSU and Michigan vs Washington then UGA vs Michigan for title with Michigan winning.

No way Michigan can compete with UGA.

smootness
12-02-2023, 02:11 PM
I don't. I think Bama has to jump Georgia if they beat them today, the last game of the season. I just want to see it all happen so that's why I'm cheering for Bama. I think Georgia wins though so it won't matter.

Oh, I think they would jump UGA. But they would not jump Texas. I think the SEC would be left out.

I agree UGA will win.

chef dixon
12-02-2023, 02:12 PM
If Bama wins you absolutely have to put Texas in with the undefeated teams. That's not a debate. They went on the road and pistol whipped Bama. The games have to count and you cannot punish any unbeaten team.

With that said I think UGA is still a class or two above all else when they need to be.

chef dixon
12-02-2023, 02:30 PM
This would have been a nightmare BCS year with potentially 4 undefeated teams