PDA

View Full Version : Todd, baseball recruit question

AlSwearengen
12-02-2023, 11:14 AM
What was the deal with Jack Frankel, 2024 RHP out of texas? He committed to us as a 10th grader but ended up signing with Liberty.

Todd4State
12-02-2023, 04:22 PM
If I remember right he decommitted a year or so ago. May have been dropped.

AlSwearengen
12-02-2023, 05:02 PM
If I remember right he decommitted a year or so ago. May have been dropped.

At the time, he was mentioned as the top P in texas and in the top 5 RHP in the country. Crazy how things play out. The fact that he signed with Liberty is strong indication that you may be right about him being dropped. Might have peaked early.

Todd4State
12-02-2023, 06:02 PM
Yeah he was one of the guys who committed shortly after we won the National Title. Most of those decommitted but I don't think we would have gotten very many of them to school anyway. PJ Morlando and Noah Franco are probably first round picks. We lost William Schmidt to LSU but he is from Baton Rouge. I've seen some first round projections on him too.

We should still get Dante Nori and Conrad Cason as well as Ryan McPherson though. Cason is maybe the top dual position prospect in the draft. Nori could start in CF on day one.

Our team in 2025 could be pretty loaded honestly. And that's assuming Dakota Jordan leaves via the draft this upcoming offseason.

DragonDawgZ
12-02-2023, 08:42 PM
Couple of tid bits I know first hand:

-His dad bought him that #10 ranking
-His Dad bought a youth baseball organization ?USA Prime? just to showcase Jack
-His Dad bought a mansion in the richest part of Plano gleneagles country club. And then bought the neighbors house and bulldozed it to make Jack an outdoor baseball field. To go along with his indoor basketball gym/baseball training facility.
-Jack had a live in chef at 13 years old who made $120,000/year just to cook for Jack

First hand info

AlSwearengen
12-02-2023, 09:45 PM

-His Dad bought a mansion in the richest part of Plano gleneagles country club. And then bought the neighbors house and bulldozed it to make Jack an outdoor baseball field. To go along with his indoor basketball gym/baseball training facility.
-Jack had a live in chef at 13 years old who made $120,000/year just to cook for Jack

First hand info

Wow. That could have been a problem.

Coach34
12-02-2023, 09:51 PM
Do not want Jack

Todd4State
12-02-2023, 11:01 PM

First hand info

That's why they consider baseball a white collar sport.

Sounds like a massively stereotypical baseball parent with tons of money and resources.

Activated Alpha
12-03-2023, 12:06 AM

First hand info

How does one get a "live in chef" job that offers 100k/yr. Asking for a friend. Oh you want waffles? Let me run down to walmart and make you some of my super fancy Le Eggo waffle

Homedawg
12-03-2023, 12:10 AM
Yeah he was one of the guys who committed shortly after we won the National Title. Most of those decommitted but I don't think we would have gotten very many of them to school anyway. PJ Morlando and Noah Franco are probably first round picks. We lost William Schmidt to LSU but he is from Baton Rouge. I've seen some first round projections on him too.

We should still get Dante Nori and Conrad Cason as well as Ryan McPherson though. Cason is maybe the top dual position prospect in the draft. Nori could start in CF on day one.

Our team in 2025 could be pretty loaded honestly. And that's assuming Dakota Jordan leaves via the draft this upcoming offseason.
No he decommitted last year during the debacle.

Todd4State
12-03-2023, 01:15 AM
No he decommitted last year during the debacle.

If he ended up at Liberty he burned himself. If what DragonDawgZ said is true I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up burned out of the game altogether. Sounds very Todd Marinovich-ish.

The Federalist Engineer
12-03-2023, 01:25 AM

First hand info

Take the kid if he can buy 3 real players for us. That could be the Grisham Special. Seems like a deal.***

On a serious note, was this the issue with E3? That kid never looked like a PG 10 player.

Offshore Dawg
12-03-2023, 08:50 AM

First hand info

Wow, you think somebody might be a little spoiled, as in entitled.