PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Christmas commercial and Alzheimer's

Santiago
12-02-2023, 08:18 AM
For everyone with someone in their family with Alzheimer's....Chevy has a good Christmas commercial. Sorry if it may have been posted already, but it is worth posting many times.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/chevys-emotional-holiday-ad-features-210921267.html

DownwardDawg
12-02-2023, 10:38 AM
For everyone with someone in their family with Alzheimer's....Chevy has a good Christmas commercial. Sorry if it may have been posted already, but it is worth posting many times.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/chevys-emotional-holiday-ad-features-210921267.html

Fantastic. Shame on you for doing that to me this morning!! I had to close my office door and lock it!!! Lol

AROB44
12-02-2023, 12:21 PM
Damn....Just Damn!

Pinto
12-02-2023, 01:09 PM
Major onions

Commercecomet24
12-02-2023, 03:19 PM
Me and my wife watched that commercial last night and we both were bawling. We're dealing with her mom being at that point and it's sad. I do a lot of work with seniors and I see it all too often. Dementia and Alzheimer's are just truly awful diseases. Thanks to Chevy for doing a truly touching commercial.

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2023, 03:29 PM
Me and my wife watched that commercial last night and we both were bawling. We're dealing with her mom being at that point and it's sad. I do a lot of work with seniors and I see it all too often. Dementia and Alzheimer's are just truly awful diseases. Thanks to Chevy for doing a truly touching commercial.

My aunt was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia about 18 months ago. Watching her go from a vibrant, outgoing 73 year old to a fragile shell who barely knows her kids and grandkids faces has been devastating.

Goldendawg
12-02-2023, 04:39 PM

Thanks much as I needed that as our 86 year old Mom is suffering from short term memory loss. Needed tissue while watching. Sent it to my two sisters as we often remind each other, "We Got This!" Thanks Again. Hail State and May God Bless you and yours in this special time of year!

somebodyshotmypaw
12-02-2023, 06:24 PM
I remember when Budweiser used to do commercials which were funny and clever, or patriotic, or heartwarming. Then things changed. Good job Chevy.

mo7888
12-02-2023, 08:58 PM
I haven't wanted to buy a Chevy in forever.... but now....

Dawgology
12-02-2023, 09:05 PM
Son of a gun. That was a good one

Commercecomet24
12-02-2023, 09:27 PM
My aunt was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia about 18 months ago. Watching her go from a vibrant, outgoing 73 year old to a fragile shell who barely knows her kids and grandkids faces has been devastating.

It's so sad and hard to watch someone go through that! My prayers will be with your aunt and your family! So sorry to hear that, Bruns!

nsvltndog
12-02-2023, 10:41 PM
This is the best commercial I've seen since Dodge Ram did the Super Bowl commercial many years ago w/ Paul Harveys "So God made a Farmer" episode.

Santiago
12-03-2023, 09:42 AM
My mom has more advanced stage of this, and for the past couple of years she would tell my dad she wants to go to her house(thinking of a house they had moved from earlier). She would tell him it is not right for them living together not married, etc. Very tough.
But on her really tough days he would take her for a ride around town, get a desert somewhere like ice cream, and drive around at familiar places. When he would drive back to their house she was calmed down and at least at ease on most days.
This commercial... man. Tough one but a good one.