PDA

View Full Version : Seat Fees Going Up For Football

confucius say
12-01-2023, 04:01 PM
Just fyi. Not sure if in all areas, but most for sure.

Goldendawg
12-01-2023, 04:09 PM
Looked like all and keep in mind 7 home games vs. 8 this past year. We are also paying off the second year of all those assistant coaches that probably wouldn't sign on with ZA without a two year deal. BTW, staff and professors do pay $336 or so per season ticket but no donation fee. Tough to pay an increase after this 5-7 clown show, but the "price of poker" not going down in this crazy NIL/Portal world.

Johnson85
12-01-2023, 04:11 PM

This is somewhat annoying to me that we're trying to build NIL and the university is raising prices.

Johnson85
12-01-2023, 04:13 PM
Looked like all and keep in mind 7 home games vs. 8 this past year. We are also paying off the second year of all those assistant coaches that probably wouldn't sign on with AZ without a two year deal. BTW, staff and professors do pay $336 or so per season ticket but no donation fee. Tough to pay an increase after this 5-7 clown show, but the "price of poker" not going down in this crazy NIL/Portal world.

That's what pisses me off. You're about to ask a lot of fans to pay a lot more to stay competitive in NIL. Figure out a way to use the tens of millions of dollars of TV money to pay for non-NIL costs rather than compete for NIL money right now.

Goldendawg
12-01-2023, 04:17 PM
That's what pisses me off. You're about to ask a lot of fans to pay a lot more to stay competitive in NIL. Figure out a way to use the tens of millions of dollars of TV money to pay for non-NIL costs rather than compete for NIL money right now.

Pretty sure Bulldog Club dues pay all scholarships in all sports and the majority of coaches salaries/contracts, plus other projects. NIL has just piled on to the cost of doing business.

confucius say
12-01-2023, 04:20 PM
Interesting times.

Goldendawg
12-01-2023, 04:26 PM
Interesting times.

No, Intere$ting Time$ at all levels of sports. And I stopped following MLB back in the day when the first $100K per year contract was signed because I thought the players were over paid.*****

parabrave
12-01-2023, 07:02 PM
Pretty sure Bulldog Club dues pay all scholarships in all sports and the majority of coaches salaries/contracts, plus other projects. NIL has just piled on to the cost of doing business.

Hey Golden I got a blast from the past YT fore you and Base..

https://youtu.be/XJ75o2i4GFM?t=356

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2023, 07:15 PM
No, Intere$ting Time$ at all levels of sports. And I stopped following MLB back in the day when the first $100K per year contract was signed because I thought the players were over paid.*****

That's impressive - since Hank Greenberg got the first $100k contract in 1947. Did you play on our Natty Team in 1940??

Goldendawg
12-01-2023, 07:16 PM

Thanks so much, Parabrave! I was 15 years old in 1970 and David Smith and Sammy Milner were my favorites of many great players on that team, as I played TE & WR in Jr High and HS. My Dad got sideline passes for me and a friend when we played FL at Jackson in those years and we actually intermingled with the players on the sidelines (not much high security iin those days). Remember Lewis Grubbs "getting his bell rung" and they got him back in very quickly. Think we lost to FL with John Reeves and Carlos Alvarez 42-35 and I thought it was the best game I ever saw. For years Joe Reed was the only QB State had in the NFL. State is about Family and Friends even in tough times. Thanks for the video and great memories! Hail State!

Goldendawg
12-01-2023, 07:23 PM
That's impressive - since Hank Greenberg got the first $100k contract in 1947. Did you play on our Natty Team in 1940??

You got me. The first I read about was when as a pre-teen my parents subscribed to Sport Illustrated for me. Remember Tug McGraw saying he was going to spend 90% of his $100K contract on wine , women, & song and waste the rest. As a youth, my family and those in my area of NE MS were all St, Louis Cardinals fans. Spent many a summer night outside in the car with my Dad and Uncles listening to games on the car radio as it had best reception. Broke my heart when they traded Ted "Simba" Simmons and I then began following the "Swinging A's" of Oakland. Simpler times it seems with the passage of time. Hail State!

R2Dawg
12-01-2023, 08:48 PM
This is somewhat annoying to me that we're trying to build NIL and the university is raising prices.

This ain't directed at you Johnson.

I know no one wants to hear this but all those facilities don't supply and take care of themselves. It takes a lot of money to operate a Big SEC school.

What is everyone fussing about anyway? Folks are selling their first born for NIL. What is big deal on a few more dollars to support your school. Oh, I get it; there are some that only want to pay players***. Not sure how the school pays for all stuff we and the players all enjoy and use?

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2023, 09:30 PM
This ain't directed at you Johnson.

I know no one wants to hear this but all those facilities don't supply and take care of themselves. It takes a lot of money to operate a Big SEC school.

What is everyone fussing about anyway? Folks are selling their first born for NIL. What is big deal on a few more dollars to support your school. Oh, I get it; there are some that only want to pay players***. Not sure how the school pays for all stuff we and the players all enjoy and use?

Also realize we have the lowest donation requirements for season tickets and the lowest prices in the SEC. Y'all don't want to know what you have to donate annually at UGA to even be on the wait list for season tickets.

parabrave
12-01-2023, 09:56 PM
Thanks so much, Parabrave! I was 15 years old in 1970 and David Smith and Sammy Milner were my favorites of many great players on that team, as I played TE & WR in Jr High and HS. My Dad got sideline passes for me and a friend when we played FL at Jackson in those years and we actually intermingled with the players on the sidelines (not much high security iin those days). Remember Lewis Grubbs "getting his bell rung" and they got him back in very quickly. Think we lost to FL with John Reeves and Carlos Alvarez 42-35 and I thought it was the best game I ever saw. For years Joe Reed was the only QB State had in the NFL. State is about Family and Friends even in tough times. Thanks for the video and great memories! Hail State!

MSU had record setting passing offenses in the early 70s but the defense was bad.

Pancho
12-01-2023, 10:07 PM
my 86" tv says hello

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2023, 11:22 PM

Average American needs nearly $12K more a year just to keep up their standard of living and the geniuses in our athletic department decide it's a great time to increase the cost of going to games. And then they complain about attendance being down. Gee, I'm struggling to figure out why staying home is becoming a more and more attractive choice.****

Cooterpoot
12-01-2023, 11:37 PM
I'll be there. Stop complaining and stop paying for streaming services and subscriptions. It's not a huge deal.

Coursesuper
12-01-2023, 11:38 PM
Average American needs nearly $12K more a year just to keep up their standard of living and the geniuses in our athletic department decide it's a great time to increase the cost of going to games. And then they complain about attendance being down. Gee, I'm struggling to figure out why staying home is becoming a more and more attractive choice.****

We are a part of the most expensive league to be in, in the country. It is what it is. We can pay up our get out that’s the game now.

Apoplectic
12-02-2023, 12:17 AM
what do we spend our sec money on?

Coursesuper
12-02-2023, 12:21 AM
what do we spend our sec money on?

It funds the athletic department, it is a self funded entity within the university.

CaptainObvious
12-02-2023, 12:49 AM
We are a part of the most expensive league to be in, in the country. It is what it is. We can pay up our get out that’s the game now.

Tell me more about this <getting out>. How much would that cost?

Coursesuper
12-02-2023, 02:02 AM
Tell me more about this <getting out>. How much would that cost?

The funding for the department down the tubes, drop back to cusa and the university take a major hit across the board.

HeCannotGo
12-02-2023, 07:20 AM
This is further evidence of just how much our team underperformed this year. I'm sure the athletic department planned for this increase 6-12 months ago and thought they'd be announcing it after a successful season, bowl game, etc.

TheLostDawg
12-02-2023, 08:12 AM
Looked like all and keep in mind 7 home games vs. 8 this past year. We are also paying off the second year of all those assistant coaches that probably wouldn't sign on with ZA without a two year deal. BTW, staff and professors do pay $336 or so per season ticket but no donation fee. Tough to pay an increase after this 5-7 clown show, but the "price of poker" not going down in this crazy NIL/Portal world.

That's what gets me. We have them in a premium area and they sell their tickets. Move then to the upper deck for those prices without donation. It's about money now. We are losing our on thousands because of it. Not a popular thing to do and have to see those people every day but now is the time

Todd4State
12-02-2023, 09:18 AM

The 1970 Egg Bowl highlights were incredible! Than for sharing!

Todd4State
12-02-2023, 09:20 AM
My seat license stayed the same but it went up a couple of years ago.

I think the cost of tickets went up too.

RiverCityDawg
12-02-2023, 10:55 AM

Speaking of geniuses, you recognize that costs are way up yet you expect Mississippi State Athletics to be immune to that? Or is it you think the poorest Athletic department in the league should eat rising costs and fall further behind? Or do you not understand how an economy works?

We're already the cheapest ticket in the SEC, but yeah let's make it harder on ourselves by letting profits drop as expenses rise. Nevermind being competitive, we're happy rocking along just trying to make a bowl so long as War Machine Dawg doesn't have to pay anymore for his tickets.

parabrave
12-02-2023, 11:21 AM
The 1970 Egg Bowl highlights were incredible! Than for sharing!

Here is a Pic from the 71 Reveille. You can go to State Archives dept and browse through all the old yearbooks.

https://ia600309.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?zip=/22/items/reveille661971miss/reveille661971miss_jp2.zip&file=reveille661971miss_jp2/reveille661971miss_0156.jp2&id=reveille661971miss&scale=4&rotate=0

https://ia600309.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?zip=/22/items/reveille661971miss/reveille661971miss_jp2.zip&file=reveille661971miss_jp2/reveille661971miss_0157.jp2&id=reveille661971miss&scale=4&rotate=0