PDA

View Full Version : Arky OL coach Cody Kennedy

Msujd164
12-01-2023, 09:40 AM
I thought we had already hired an OL coach but?

https://www.on3.com/college/mississippi-state-bulldogs/news/jeff-lebby-mississippi-state-expected-to-hire-arkansas-ol-coach-cody-kennedy/

---- Please don't link to Facebook...... Link fixed - Scooba

TNDawg35
12-01-2023, 10:06 AM
Ark is jumping for joy because he is leaving, but their Online didn’t just get horrible all of a sudden… I think Enid had a lot to do with it. Everything was so slow to develop.

The dude has too many accomplishments to suck all of a sudden…

TrapGame
12-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Ark is jumping for joy because he is leaving, but their Online didn’t just get horrible all of a sudden… I think Enid had a lot to do with it. Everything was so slow to develop.

The Hogs were happy with him for three years. Those three years Kendall Briles was the OC. He's the perfect fit for Lebby's style of Veer & Shoot.

KB21
12-01-2023, 11:33 AM
https://wehco.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2022/10/24/UA-TEXASAM-FB_018_t800.JPG?90232451fbcadccc64a17de7521d859a8f 88077d

This guy looks like an OL coach.

Mjoelner34
12-01-2023, 11:40 AM
Guys, I feel that I need to point out that if we do this, we are only two letters away from creating an international incident. **

Coursesuper
12-01-2023, 11:43 AM
Guys, I feel that I need to point out that if we do this, we are only two letters away from creating an international incident. **

Point taken, nice pull.

Coach34
12-01-2023, 11:44 AM
He needs to be judged on body of work as opposed to this season. Same with Mcbath.

Did Mcbath just suddenly become a shitty coach or did we lack talent and speed at cb?

woof
12-01-2023, 12:03 PM
He needs to be judged on body of work as opposed to this season. Same with Mcbath.

Did Mcbath just suddenly become a shitty coach or did we lack talent and speed at cb?

wait is Mcbath being retained or is he gone? One thing I like about Mcbath, he played for Leach and was developed by Leach during his coaching experience. I know he is a smart guy if Leach recommended him to be on his staff back in 2020.

Coach34
12-01-2023, 12:18 PM
He gone

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2023, 12:35 PM
He gone

was hoping we could keep him - i think he is good;

WPS
12-01-2023, 07:40 PM

It really started against Liberty near the end of 2022. In 2021 Arkansas had a great OL, and the first half of 2022 they were pretty solid too. Gotten progressively worse since.

LC Dawg
12-01-2023, 08:22 PM
It really started against Liberty near the end of 2022. In 2021 Arkansas had a great OL, and the first half of 2022 they were pretty solid too. Gotten progressively worse since.

Why didn't Pittman fire him?

Pancho
12-01-2023, 08:28 PM
Pittman is an OL guy himself and knew it wasn't all Kennedy's fault

WPS
12-02-2023, 09:22 AM
Why didn't Pittman fire him?

His contract was going to run out in February and hadn?t been renewed. Pittman typically lets coaches try to find other jobs first. They?re still very close. Enos is the only one I can remember being flat-out fired and that was basically forced on him lol

Pittman is very high on Kennedy but after a season like that I don?t think there?s any choice, the fans were ready to pack his bags themselves lol.

basedog
12-02-2023, 09:54 AM
HC under fire have to make moves like this to save their job. I have no clue about Kennedy but his resume is much better than Friend's. It seems a step up.

AROB44
12-02-2023, 12:13 PM
HC under fire have to make moves like this to save their job. I have no clue about Kennedy but his resume is much better than Friend's. It seems a step up.

No where to go but up from Friend. What a disaster.

HoopsDawg
12-02-2023, 12:48 PM

I haven't seen a fan base so happy to get rid of a coach since MSU and Peter Sirmon. It's a concern for me but I see many of our fans are rationalizing.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-02-2023, 03:53 PM
I haven't seen a fan base so happy to get rid of a coach since MSU and Peter Sirmon. It's a concern for me but I see many of our fans are rationalizing.

It is a concern for sure. But fans are emotional and short sited, and will throw a player or coach to the curb if the most recent results didn't go the way they wanted. Many State fans wanted Mullen fired during 2016, for example.

On Kennedy, there's 2 options:

1) he's a bad OL coach that somehow put together good units for years

2) he's a good OL coach that for some reason had a decline at Arky his last 1.5 years.

I've seen Arky fans say his OLs missed assignments, had terrible form, false started all the time... but if that's actually indicative of Kennedy's coaching, he'd have never made it out of Tulane. I also saw them say he was an awful developer of talent, but they were starting 2 2nd players at OT so it seems unfair to levy at him. Overall it's odd things fell apart at Arky but it just seems unlikely he had such a good run of OLs if he can't actually coach... and an OL coach at HC, you'd think Pittman would be able to sniff out his supposed incompetence before year 3, you know?