PDA

View Full Version : My biggest concern from last's night basketball game after finally seeing them play

Irondawg
12-06-2013, 10:42 AM
The team looks confused as to what they are and aren't supposed to do or "allowed" to do. And frankly there's almost no bigger problem for a team to have.

I can almost read poor Fred Thomas' mind every time he catches the ball - "what does coach want me to do here" and he just freezes and does do much of anything. I'm worried that Ray is having trouble clearly communicating and/or the players just aren't understanding what we're trying to accomplish on the offensive end of the floor. I'm starting to have a fear that Ray is one of those guys that understands what he wants to happen but has trouble teaching it.

tcdog70
12-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Just let them play.What can be worse than what is going on now. Borchet and Fred look lost

maroonmania
12-06-2013, 02:58 PM
The team looks confused as to what they are and aren't supposed to do or "allowed" to do. And frankly there's almost no bigger problem for a team to have.

I can almost read poor Fred Thomas' mind every time he catches the ball - "what does coach want me to do here" and he just freezes and does do much of anything. I'm worried that Ray is having trouble clearly communicating and/or the players just aren't understanding what we're trying to accomplish on the offensive end of the floor. I'm starting to have a fear that Ray is one of those guys that understands what he wants to happen but has trouble teaching it.

Agreed and that was understandable last year, its not quite as understandable this year with all of the guys that are back that played significant minutes last year.

fishwater99
12-06-2013, 03:27 PM
We still have no offense, the motion offense sucks with our personnel..

It_Could_Happen
12-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Fred Thomas had a lot of opportunities to shoot last night and just froze. Kid I don't care if you miss it if your open fire away.

Dawg61
12-06-2013, 06:33 PM
There are many good qualities about Ray but offense and most specifically "good shooting" are not his strengths. He is just as clueless as they are on how to put the ball through the basket. It's painfully obvious that Ray needs an entire new set of assistant coaches and to add one whose only job is to develop good shooting in the players. Ray is very stubborn it seems and so is our fanbase so have fun watching nothing but bricks for a couple years. If you want to see an NIT+ team next year Rick Ray will have to get cutthroat with his staff and bring in 4 yet to be signed players that are much better offensive players and say goodbye to 4 players on scholarship right now. Every single women's basketball team in the NCAA shoots the basketball better than MSU and that's with a men's basketball. Seriously.