Really Clark?
11-29-2023, 04:29 PM
State and Mississippi

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2023, 04:32 PM
https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1729970076122796364

IngomarDawg
11-29-2023, 04:38 PM
i rarely (never) advocate to overpay for recruits, but this is almost one that you have to just give him the money to avoid another AJ situation.

StarkVegasSteve
11-29-2023, 05:42 PM
i rarely (never) advocate to overpay for recruits, but this is almost one that you have to just give him the money to avoid another AJ situation.

So I have not seen the kid play so I will defer to someone who would know, but is this kid worth all the trouble we are going to have to go through to get him? Like is he a day 1 difference maker or someone like Rufus Harvey who we are not going to see for his first two years on campus?

BeardoMSU
11-29-2023, 05:49 PM
So I have not seen the kid play so I will defer to someone who would know, but is this kid worth all the trouble we are going to have to go through to get him? Like is he a day 1 difference maker or someone like Rufus Harvey who we are not going to see for his first two years on campus?

Or a guy who's really a DB?

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2023, 06:09 PM

He is definitely better than Rufus.

I think he could be a difference maker from day 1.

sack07
11-29-2023, 06:18 PM
On the scale of Rufus Harvey to AJ Brown, he is way closer to AJ Brown.

As a reminder, Rufus was not a highly sought after recruit. He had a big senior year and we took him because he was in our backyard. Stonka is big and physical. He is not elite like AJ but certainly closer to that end of the spectrum.

StarkVegasSteve
11-29-2023, 06:20 PM

As a reminder, Rufus was not a highly sought after recruit. He had a big senior year and we took him because he was in our backyard. Stonka is big and physical. He is not elite like AJ but certainly closer to that end of the spectrum.

That is what I was looking for. Makes a lot of sense. Basically, it would not be a bad overpay if we had to overpay for him.

Pancho
11-29-2023, 06:21 PM
I've seen him and feel that he is game 1 ready next season

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2023, 06:21 PM

Get us a portal QB that he knows can throw it 50 yards and tell him be our man beater. Let's go.

StarkVegasSteve
11-29-2023, 06:25 PM
Get us a portal QB that he knows can throw it 50 yards and tell him be our man beater. Let's go.

I feel like we have 4-5 man beaters already on the roster. Tulu, Zavion, JRob, and Creed I feel are all man beaters.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-29-2023, 06:29 PM
Stonka can play. There are some folks out there that feel good about our chances now

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2023, 07:00 PM
Stonka can play. There are some folks out there that feel good about our chances now

Hearing the same.

Homedawg
11-29-2023, 07:15 PM

He's better than Harvey. Significantly. He could be a starter either side of the ball. Day 1 starter???

Homedawg
11-29-2023, 07:16 PM
I feel like we have 4-5 man beaters already on the roster. Tulu, Zavion, JRob, and Creed I feel are all man beaters.

That's a huge assumption that all are here..... but possible. Zavion will be a roller coaster.

Homedawg
11-29-2023, 07:17 PM

That's fair. He's close to aj. But not a sure fire nfl guy but it's possible for sure.

StarkVegasSteve
11-29-2023, 07:26 PM
That's a huge assumption that all are here..... but possible. Zavion will be a roller coaster.

Zavion and Tulu will be a rollercoaster. I will go ahead and let everyone in on that. Getting Zavion that Google deal was an absolute stroke of genius by Charlie. That might be what ends up keeping him here in the end.

RockyDog
11-29-2023, 07:58 PM
Too Loose needs to be at JSU. We don’t need him. Head case

chef dixon
11-29-2023, 09:09 PM
I don't understand our fan's infatuation with our wideouts like WE HAVE TO KEEP THEM!! All these guys (Zavion, Tulu, Creed etc) to this point have proven replaceable

Homedawg
11-29-2023, 09:14 PM
Zavion and Tulu will be a rollercoaster. I will go ahead and let everyone in on that. Getting Zavion that Google deal was an absolute stroke of genius by Charlie. That might be what ends up keeping him here in the end.

I didn't include tulu bc I assume he's gone until he's back here on campus. Don't have much thought of him returning. Would be a pleasant surprise. Not saying it's impossible. Just not counting it

Homedawg
11-29-2023, 09:15 PM
I don't understand our fan's infatuation with our wideouts like WE HAVE TO KEEP THEM!! All these guys (Zavion, Tulu, Creed etc) to this point have proven replaceable

Zavion is skilled. He's better than tulu. And yes they can be. Finding them and enough of them would be very difficult. We have LOTS of spots to fill.

Homedawg
11-29-2023, 09:16 PM

Why even say stuff like that?? It's your right. Just don't understand it.

Bothrops
11-29-2023, 09:16 PM
Ah shit...we know how this is gonna go...

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2023, 09:25 PM
Ah shit...we know how this is gonna go...

I like our chances. I didn’t a week ago.

chef dixon
11-29-2023, 09:26 PM
Zavion is skilled. He's better than tulu. And yes they can be. Finding them and enough of them would be very difficult. We have LOTS of spots to fill.

I agree its a challenge to fill everywhere and maybe you do keep these guys if its cheaper than finding new ones, but the way our team looked this year its a full on rebuild regardless. I can't think of a single player that is a must keep. Glad we got a coach that seems to understand the new era

Bothrops
11-29-2023, 09:31 PM

Tulu is still the best kick returner in the country. He's been hot and cold at WR. The Zavion/Tulu duo won't be replaced.

TNDawg35
11-30-2023, 12:16 AM
Tulu is still the best kick returner in the country. He's been hot and cold at WR. The Zavion/Tulu duo won't be replaced.

He has been lazy at WR. There is no way to put it. Now whether he was getting pissy or what because of the play calling, that doesnt mean you play lazy. On the kickoff part, as explosive as he is, you tell him anything under 5 yards deep, you take it to the house... So what if we start on the 20 or the 25...

Homedawg
11-30-2023, 12:29 AM
I agree its a challenge to fill everywhere and maybe you do keep these guys if its cheaper than finding new ones, but the way our team looked this year its a full on rebuild regardless. I can't think of a single player that is a must keep. Glad we got a coach that seems to understand the new era

Remember this time last year we had no money. We did an incredible job filling the spots we had w the money we had. Incredible.

Bothrops
11-30-2023, 01:50 AM
He has been lazy at WR. There is no way to put it. Now whether he was getting pissy or what because of the play calling, that doesnt mean you play lazy. On the kickoff part, as explosive as he is, you tell him anything under 5 yards deep, you take it to the house... So what if we start on the 20 or the 25...

Tulu had 658 yards receiving and 4 touchdowns this season. He also has a rushing touchdown. He was a bright spot on this dismal season.

ZedFedder
11-30-2023, 08:27 AM
I won't place judgment on anyone playing or coaching in Barbay's offense. Play hard regardless, sure, but this offense will keep them engaged more.

Johnson85
11-30-2023, 10:39 AM

I have not been able to understand how we couldn't use Tulu more, but that ole' job he did to get Seth Davis injured was certainly eye opening. I haven't watched him carefully so I don't know how out of character that was, but man, that looked bad and if lack of focus/effort on blocking is common, that's hard to make up for.

woof
11-30-2023, 11:15 AM

Pretty pumped to see how Creed can develop. There were a few times he was wide ass open in the Egg Bowl for any easy TD and Will just flat out did not see him (sigh)...

Anonymous
11-30-2023, 12:11 PM
I have not been able to understand how we couldn't use Tulu more, but that ole' job he did to get Seth Davis injured was certainly eye opening. I haven't watched him carefully so I don't know how out of character that was, but man, that looked bad and if lack of focus/effort on blocking is common, that's hard to make up for.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but almost all of our WR's and TE's failed to get their blocks down about 1/2 the time this year. Really, a lot of the offense did. Guys visibly didn't know what their job was on a given play a lot of the time. Which is what happens when you have them learn hundreds of plays in one discombobulated offseason, despite only running 15-20 in a given week.

OhGee
12-01-2023, 12:04 AM
I have a contact here. This is 100% about NIL.

defiantdog
12-01-2023, 12:21 AM
I have a contact here. This is 100% about NIL.
Strong contact you have there

Cooterpoot
12-01-2023, 11:03 AM
I'll be surprised if he ends up anywhere other than State and I've said from day one it won't be OM.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2023, 11:45 AM
I'll be surprised if he ends up anywhere other than State and I've said from day one it won't be OM.

That's strong coming from you! I'll take it!

bigbub50
12-01-2023, 12:56 PM
At what point in the game did the Seth Davis injury happen? I?d like to go back and analyze the play. Or does any one have a clip of the play or a time stamp from a link?

Pancho
12-01-2023, 06:24 PM
1st quarter, I believe. our 2nd or 3rd possession?