PDA

View Full Version : Lady Dawgs vs. Miami

NCMSTFAN
11-29-2023, 03:50 PM
Gotta support our girls team too..

This is a big game for our girls tonight. We are ranked in the top 25 and undefeated going against a good undefeated Miami team with alot of size. Jessika Carter was out last game with an illness but sat on the bench. We will need her size tonight. I like our depth and what Purcell is doing... tonight is a big early season game I hope our crowd is pretty good

MabenMaroon
11-29-2023, 04:26 PM
Miami was Elite 8 last year, so we will have outr hands full. Miami is where Nyanganoh Gony transferred from, Gony has some real good skills, still learning the game and is just a matter of time before she and Montague become forces for our team. Hopefully the team took note of the men's lackluster performance last night and play with some fire right from the opening tip.

klong-dog
11-29-2023, 05:22 PM
The hot twins transferred out a year too early.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2023, 06:01 PM
Ouch

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1729998874545107155

RocketDawg
11-29-2023, 07:32 PM
Ouch

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1729998874545107155

I was wondering why our bench had no one on it. They had a graphic that said a couple had "short term injuries", and one more was sick.

RocketDawg
11-29-2023, 07:33 PM
I wonder if anybody ever told Miami that orange and green are not complementary colors?

RocketDawg
11-29-2023, 07:52 PM
]I was wondering why our bench had no one on it.[/B] They had a graphic that said a couple had "short term injuries", and one more was sick.

Got to revise that observation. What I was looking at is not our bench - looks like maybe a Bulldog Club seating area.

Why did they move the benches to the non-TV covered side?

CaptainObvious
11-29-2023, 09:08 PM
Bad week for MSU roundball. I guess State is still a Javelin School!

NCMSTFAN
11-29-2023, 09:12 PM
Hard to win missing 4 players especially your two starters in the post. We still kept the game close. We would have won that if we were healthy. It's strange to lose that many players so fast

Bothrops
11-29-2023, 10:01 PM
Hard to win missing 4 players especially your two starters in the post. We still kept the game close. We would have won that if we were healthy. It's strange to lose that many players so fast

Well shet that's a good effort to keep it that close without Carter especially.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-30-2023, 06:04 AM
So we only have 10 players on our roster?

Pancho
11-30-2023, 06:18 AM
So we only have 10 players on our roster?

Offshore Dawg
11-30-2023, 08:23 AM
I wonder if anybody ever told Miami that orange and green are not complementary colors?

Almost as bad as red & blue !!

tcdog70
11-30-2023, 09:40 AM
they did a bad job defending the 3. but hard to win with your best bigs not playing.

MsuDawg_10
11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Considering that we had neither of our bigs, we held our own. Being out rebounded 49-23 and still giving ourselves a chance to win imo is fairly impressive. You always want to get the OOC W on your home court, but this team didn't lay down. The future is bright!

Irondawg
11-30-2023, 10:29 AM
We are indeed down to 10 healthy players as Thames left before the season (PT concerns) and Parker tore her knee up in one of the first games. So really for Miami we were without our top 4 post players which is a near impossible task against a good team. Plus Miami shot the ball exceptionally well last night. Just an unfortunate series of events as Barnum got hurt in practice Tuesday and Nir Nir got the flu. We have even one of them, it probably makes a difference as didn't have any rebounding.

Normal Starters: LPL, Jerk, Powe, Barnum, Carter

Bench: Rogers, Mjracle, Nir Nir, Gony, Brown-Hagger

woof
11-30-2023, 11:19 AM
We are indeed down to 10 healthy players as Thames left before the season (PT concerns) and Parker tore her knee up in one of the first games. So really for Miami we were without our top 4 post players which is a near impossible task against a good team. Plus Miami shot the ball exceptionally well last night. Just an unfortunate series of events as Barnum got hurt in practice Tuesday and Nir Nir got the flu. We have even one of them, it probably makes a difference as didn't have any rebounding.

Normal Starters: LPL, Jerk, Powe, Barnum, Carter

Bench: Rogers, Mjracle, Nir Nir, Gony, Brown-Hagger

wait so who is Nir Nir ???

woof
11-30-2023, 11:27 AM

Lauren Park-Lane and Mjracle Sheppard had really good games. They look to be some rising stars on our team moving forward this season. Powe seems to be a solid rock of our team, steady and consistent. Hopefully we can get Carter & Barnum back from injuries or sickness or whatever it was.

EdwardDrayton
11-30-2023, 07:07 PM
Just gotta' put this one behind us. Not a true barometer without everyone available.