Nov 15th - @ Alabama L 27-17
Nov 22nd ? Vanderbilt W 21-13
Nov 29th - @ Ole Miss W 24-20

*Granted Manziel goes to NFL

Best Case 11-1
Worst Case 6-6

FISHDAWG
12-06-2013, 10:15 AM
I think Dan will get his "signature" win against LSU @ their house then fall flat against aTm

smootness
12-06-2013, 10:20 AM
It will be a very interesting year, that's for sure. You will have a lot of new QBs, and the particularly intriguing ones will be at LSU and Bama.

LSU's defense wasn't as strong as it typically is this year. Does it get back to where they expect it next year? Or do they continue to be somewhat average and struggle more on offense with a new QB and probably both Landry and Beckham gone as well. Alabama reloads every year in pure talent, but they do lose a lot this year, and they will either be playing a QB that isn't as talented as normal or one that is completely inexperienced. Both of those teams look like they could be more vulnerable than normal. The issue is obviously that we have to play both on the road.

Then Auburn came out of nowhere but obviously got fairly lucky at times along the way, and we should have had them on the road this year. I think they are limited with Nick Marshall at QB; he's phenomenal in the run game but they are very one-dimensional. They had a lot of things go their way this year, and I think we could see them drop back down to earth a little and be more of an 8-win team next year. We get that one at home, and I like our chances, though it will obviously be tough.

But there are usually teams that jump up a lot more than you expect (Texas A&M two years ago, Auburn/Missouri this year), and you don't know who that will be. Hopefully it will be us, but it could be somebody else on our schedule (Arkansas?) that we're not expecting to be a particularly tough game right now.

We should sweep the OOC and UK on the road and Vandy/Arkansas at home should be wins, period. Vandy is pretty good, but there's no way we should lose those at home. That gives us 7 right there.

The Egg Bowl is always tough in Oxford, so that's a toss-up. A&M is a toss-up. I think Auburn is a toss-up as well.

Then you have LSU and Bama, which will always be very tough for us on the road. Again, though, neither looks like a juggernaut going into next year at this point. It sets up to be a very good year for us, but we have to improve in several areas.

TrapGame
12-06-2013, 10:21 AM
I agree with everything except the AU, Bama and LSU losses. We will have that once in a maroon moon year and beat one of the three finishing 10-2. Dak will be in the Heisman conversation by mid season.

smootness
12-06-2013, 10:21 AM
I think Dan will get his "signature" win against LSU @ their house then fall flat against aTm

If that does happen, the good thing is that there is a bye in between. So you would hope the team could come down off the high, and the coaches would have enough time to make sure they're ready for A&M.

Coach34
12-06-2013, 10:25 AM
9-3

losses to Bama, LSU, and OM. Home team owns the Egg Bowl right now

But holy shit- if Mullen could win in Oxford, it would finish Freezus with the red and blue

spiritual_machine2005
12-06-2013, 10:28 AM
I think the major improvement has to come from special teams. Absolutely killed us in some games this year. Even with our QB problems, we could have been in a better position to win the OKST, TAMU, and BAMA games with a better special teams performance. And no doubt we would have won at Auby. IF we make a jump in special teams performance, I can see us getting to 9 or 10 wins much more easily.

Goat Holder
12-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Should Wins: USM, UAB, USA, UTM, Arkansas, Vanderbilt
Toss-ups: TAM, Auburn, Kentucky, Ole Miss
Should Lose: LSU, Alabama

First off, you may wonder why Kentucky is a toss-up? Because it's at their place and shit just happens in late October, teams just don't play well. Especially after a big game vs. Auburn.

Split the toss-ups and I say 8-4. If I'm going to err anywhere, it's on the high side. More likely we finish with 9 or 10 wins than 6 or 7.

hailmari
12-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I think Ark can be that somewhat of a surprise team. I watched them a few times this year and thought each time that they aren't far from being good. UK will be ready to play us hard, they were ready this year too. Vandy won't be easy. We gotta be ready to roll in these games (all games too, of course).. Must wins.

EngineerDawg
12-06-2013, 10:43 AM
I just want to beat the ever living shit out of USM....

spiritual_machine2005
12-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Arky almost beat LSU.....at LSU. They will not be a cupcake next year.

thunderclap
12-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Tell you what concerns me, the first three games. Last year we played a soft early schedule and half-assed it and didn't develop the killer mentality. I hope like hell Dan learned his lesson.

thf24
12-06-2013, 11:04 AM
I just want to beat the ever living shit out of USM....

They'll just say they would have beaten us if we'd agreed to play in 2011. But yes, I'm looking forward to crushing them as well.

Goat Holder
12-06-2013, 11:07 AM
This is stupid and does not hold water. It's been proven wrong time and time again. What did it help by us playing Oklahoma State this year? NOTHING. When you are a program like MSU and don't have all the talent advantages, you need to use your OOC to help develop your team. Not to beat them up.

EngineerDawg
12-06-2013, 11:10 AM
They'll just say they would have beaten us if we'd agreed to play in 2011. But yes, I'm looking forward to crushing them as well.

USM fans have the worst cases of little man syndrome..... not so much now but back then it was awful.

Bo Darville
12-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Schedule really sets up nice. Both East games are winnable. Open date after LSU, and another open date after the A&M/Auburn back-to-back. Some keys to the season:

(1) Geoff Collins needs to stay.
(2) Must work hard with Damian Williams in bowl practices, spring practices, and fall practices. Damian must be ready to win a game next year, not just keep it close. Dak takes a beating and we must have two QB's who can lead the offense.
(3) Hevesy must get Clayborn, a backup center, Justin Senior and Cole Carter, and the JUCO offensive linemen ready to go.
(4) Identify a punt returner or fix the one we have.
(5) Placekicking.

TrueMaroon
12-06-2013, 11:18 AM
If, if, IF Nick James and Quay have their stuff together, we are capable of having 9 wins going into the egg bowl next year. Our top 4 DTs would be the best group that we have ever had and they would be backed by probably our best MLB we have ever had. I actually like next year's secondary as much(probably not more than) any secondary I've seen in maroon and white. Throw in athletic freaks Matt Wells, Richie Brown, Dez Harris, and Beniquez Brown, and that defense can be SALTY.

Now then, where are some sheers for my wool?

smootness
12-06-2013, 11:27 AM
If Nick James and Quay Evans both got it together, I don't think it's a stretch at all to say that would be the best DL in the SEC.

Barking 13
12-06-2013, 11:44 AM
I think I'll wait till the end of August...